Dreaming in Boston

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When she texted me that she was on her way home from work I couldn't stop pacing the apartment, staring at the ring in the box in my hand. This was it. It felt like this was now or never. Maybe a year was too soon, but I felt so fucking certain! I heard the door open and shoved the box into my coat pocket. "Let me get changed, and we can go!" she insisted, hurrying past me with a quick kiss to the bedroom.

I was a bundle of fucking nerves, my hands shaking as I sat on the couch waiting for her. She came out in jeans and one of my sweatshirts, her hair up in a bun. "Sorry I'm not dressed cuter, I just want to be comfy," she hugged herself and I shook my head.

"No, you look great! I think it's cute you like wearing my clothes," I admitted and she smiled, holding her hand out to me as I stood up. I took it, leading her out of the apartment. We caught the tram, heading inside. It was busy, granted it was Saturday night so that was to be expected. But fortunately for us there were two seats at the bar. We snagged them, getting drinks and nachos to start.

I listened to her talk excitedly about her new job some more, loving the happy smile on her face. I think I was also stalling, telling myself to wait until we finished eating in case it didn't go well. The voice nagging at me that this was a bad idea was starting to win as I felt my will fading fast. It was so stressful and overwhelming.

"You ok?" she rubbed my thigh, wiggling my leg slightly and I smiled, nodding.

"Yeah sorry, just have a lot on my mind," I muttered and she pouted.

"Is it bad?" she demanded and I took a deep breath, sighing as I shook my head.

"No, just, a lot?" I offered and she nodded, seeming worried still. Guess this would be a good time, since now she was worried that I was off. I reached into my jacket, pulling out the box as she stared at one of the TVs above us. I took a deep breath and reached over grabbing her hand. She smiled at me, and then giggled as I kissed it.

"You're sweet," she bumped my lip with her thumb and I smirked.

"Chloe, you know I love you right?" I breathed and she nodded. "That you make me the happiest guy in the whole damn world?" I continued and her face looked confused as she nodded. "So I," I sighed and pushed up from the chair, pulling her out of hers. I felt nervous, my hands shaking and my heart racing as I held her hand.

"Nate what are you doing?" she demanded, looking flustered.

"A little over a year ago we first met here, right over there," I nodded toward the other side of the bra and she nodded, smiling. "And since then Chloe you have been a ray of sunshine in my life. I fell in love with you so quickly, so easily it was stupid," I chuckled and she giggled, looking weepy now as an almost knowing look rested on her face. "So I," I took a deep breath, and sighed, dropping down to my knee. "I want to continue to have you in my life, for the rest of my life," I choked out, feeling anxious as I lifted the box up. I let her hand go and opened it.

She covered her mouth, crying as she laughed happily. "Nate!" she gasped, and I sighed.

"Will you marry me?" I forced it out and she dropped down to her knees, wrapping her arms around me as she continued to cry.

"Oh my god yes!" she pulled away, grabbing my face and kissing me happily. Her hands were shaking as we both stood up. I took the ring out, realizing my hands were shaking too as I slid it onto her finger. She held it up to herself, her eyes wide as she glanced at me.

"I love you," I whispered and she smiled, grabbing the front of my sweatshirt and pulling me toward her.

"I love you too!" she breathed as my arms wrapped around her. We kissed as a few people close to us clapped and cheered. I kissed her nose and then her forehead as she wiped her eyes and giggled. She turned to grab her drink, handing me mine. "To forever," she breathed, my heart soaring as I pressed my glass to hers.

"To forever," I mused, taking a long drink with her. My fiancé. The love of my life. For the rest of my life.

The End.

******************