Dreams and Wishes Ch. 01

Story Info
A Winter adventure of love.
25.1k words
4.83
8.2k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is quite long. No instant sex. I was planning on releasing in smaller chapters, but the story took on a life of its own. Please leave feedback. To everyone that follows me, has left me a rating and/or a comment I thank you. To everyone I wish happy holidays, Merry Christmas and the magic of the Winter Solstice. May your happy wishes come true. Enjoy. Luv Chloe x.

All parties engaging in sexual activities are over 18 years of age.

Sometimes what we have isn't what we need.

22 December

It was three days before Christmas. It was also the Winter Solstice. I had somewhat reluctantly agreed to spend the Christmas break with my older sister, Sophia, and her three girls. I love Sophia and my nieces with all my heart. They accept me as me. We didn't see each other often as we live at opposite ends of the country. We are close, but I often need personal quiet space. I had been looking forward to several days without human contact, but my three beautiful, happy nieces had talked me into staying with them for the holiday. They had begged, pleaded and finally bribed me with promises of their best behaviour. They're good girls: they study hard and for the most part get on with each other. I had last visited in the summer and I missed them. How could I refuse them?

Their home and my destination was the Isle of Skye. It's a beautiful place to visit, an even better place to live. I love the wild spaces- mountains, lochs, glens, forests and rivers. Given the choice I would prefer to live in the highlands, but my job kept me close to the capital. My journey had commenced early in the dark and cold from my home near London. I had been rewarded with an epic sunrise. The sky was black gradually brightening in the East. It changed to deep red moving through orange to pink. It was clearly a shepherd's warning, but I was happy as I began my little adventure.

It was going to be a long drive, but I was enjoying the solitude. The roads were busy, but I was in my own little bubble of peace. I listened to music as the miles accumulated. I stopped several times during the day for breakfast, lunch, coffee and fuel. It was also nice to take a little walk to stretch my legs. I was risking toothache in my bum as my elderly neighbour would say. The further North I travelled the colder and windier it became. My dark shoulder length hair swirled about my face. I revelled in the wintry conditions. I watched dark, furious storm clouds race across the sky. Thor, god of thunder and war, was awake.

It was late afternoon: the sun was setting when I made my next stop. I stood for a few minutes and watched a splendid sunset equal to the sunrise. I filled my red hatchback's tank with fuel. I was also hungry: it seemed a long time since my sandwich at lunch time. I ordered a steak pie with potatoes and vegetables. I sat and watched the impressive sky as I ate my meal. The sun sank below the mountains. It wasn't even four in the afternoon. I called my sister and gave her an update. My map on the phone said I was still five hours away. The latest weather report was for sporadic snow showers. She told me to be careful and to take my time. I promised to check in later.

As I walked back to my car, two guys in their twenties followed me with their eyes. They were welcome to look. One of them was so focused on me, or may be just my bum, that we walked into a parked car triggering the alarm. I smiled and shook my head. Boys! They were both nice to look at, but not really my type and to be fair I probably wasn't theirs.

I passed through Glasgow leaving the motorway behind me. I had joined the Great Western Road that led to the highlands. It began to rain, developed into sleet and then to snow. The traffic thinned dramatically leaving me the only vehicle on the road for several minutes at a time. An occasional vehicle would pass in the opposite direction, but I saw neither cars ahead or behind. It began to snow harder slowing my progress. I was enjoying the quiet. The landscape was carpeted with thick snow: it sparkled with magic. The famous A82 road runs parallel with Loch Lomond: it is has many bends meaning the driving had my total attention. I loved this drive- it was different every time. It was a joy even though the snow was falling heavily now. The road surface was white with the snow becoming deeper further slowing my progress.

The minutes and miles passed. At regular intervals I passed through small villages. They were brief, bright lights in the gloom. As I passed through each village the snow seemed to become heavier. There was little wind so at least it wasn't swirling around as a blizzard. I was seriously considering stopping in Fort William. I could find a bed and breakfast. I would continue my journey in the morning. I would call my sister and tell her. She would understand. Better to be late and safe as my sister would say. I passed through the village of Glencoe. I felt like I was the only person on the road. Everything was white: the landscape, the road, the mountains and the sky. Fortunately this stretch of road has high poles at either side of the road so I could follow the road. It was already seven o'clock in the evening. I was only twenty miles from Fort William. Forty minutes I guessed maybe an hour if the weather became worse. I conceded I wouldn't reach Skye that evening.

Then it happened: the event that would change the course of my life. There was a flash of movement to my right. A large adult red deer ran across the road ahead of me. I love my car- it was a like a loyal, reliable dog and I couldn't blame the vehicle, but at that moment how I wished I was in a rugged four wheel drive rather than my beloved hatchback. I applied the brakes firmly. The car slid to the right and then pivoted to the left. I had reduced my speed, but the car's left rear wheel caught the verge. The muddy ground grasped the tyre with angry teeth pitching my car from the road. The verge grasped the front tyre too heaving the whole car towards the drainage gulley. Both rear wheels were sliding in the snow and mud. The momentum ceased with a small crunch. I took a deep breath. I placed the car into first gear. I gently applied the accelerator. The wheels spun. I think I was grounded. Oh nuts!

I reflected for a moment. I had successfully avoided the deer. I was thankful muttering a quick prayer to the heavens. I would be very sad to have injured or killed such a magnificent animal. With the size and weight of the woodland prince: he would have caused serious damage to my car probably injuring me too. The snow continued to fall. I was now between villages. I kept the revs low. I gently released the clutch hoping that I could escape the mud's tight embrace. The wheels just slowly turned in the mire. I checked my phone- no signal! Oh double nuts. I activated the hazard lights. I grabbed my coat stepping out into the silent white world. There was nothing in sight. I tried to push the car, but I couldn't keep my footing on the slick surface. I retrieved some broken branches wedging them under the tyres. I tried to drive forward again, but still no movement. I didn't want to abandon my car. I didn't want to admit defeat. It would be a long walk to the nearest village. I tried more branches- I just needed a little traction. I was focused on my task: perhaps too focused.

"May I assist you?" called a man's voice behind me.

I whirled about wielding one of the branches like a fencing sword.

"Whoa, sorry I didn't mean to startle you," reported a shadow from some metres away.

"What do you want?" I demanded trying to sound confident and brave.

"I saw your hazard lights and thought you needed help," came the gentle voice.

I could see his vehicle parked a short distance back on the road with all of its lights flashing. It looked like an alien craft with so many different coloured lights broadcasting its presence. I heard the theme tune from the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind in my head. He stepped forward. I realised he was in uniform.

"You're the police?" I asked.

"I'm Sergeant Robert Wellington. May I assist you?"

"May I see your identification?"

"Of course," he replied.

I stepped closer. I could see he was tall and broad. He was handsome, but probably married I thought to myself. I checked the wallet that he held at arm's length. I nodded satisfied he was police.

"A huge incredible beautiful deer ran in front of my car and I skidded into the verge," I disclosed.

"Are you hurt?" he asked stepping closer.

"No, I'm okay, thank you for asking."

"Did you hit the deer?"

"Thankfully no, I avoided him. I didn't want to harm him. He ran off into the woods," I said indicating the direction he had taken.

"Listen, this road is closed due to the heavy snow fall. I've closed and locked the snow gates. Let me see if I can rescue you."

He walked around me working a large torch beam over the ground around the wheels of my car.

"Normally I would try to pull you free, but it looks like your rear axle is caught on a tree root or something. If I try and tow you it may cause damage. There will be no vehicles until I reopen the road so it will be safe parked here until the morning. May I escort you to the next village?"

"Thank you Sergeant Wellington. That would be kind."

"Robbie. Please call me Robbie."

"Thank you Robbie. I'll just collect my belongings. Would you be kind enough to help me?"

"On one condition?" he suggested with a smile that I instantly liked.

"What?" I asked confused by his requirement of conditions.

"Please tell me your name."

"Oh! I'm Krys," I said and then spelled it.

I opened the boot. I handed Robbie two large bags. I grabbed my holdall and rucksack.

"Are you moving house?" he asked with a laugh.

"I'm on my Christmas holiday: these two bags are Christmas presents. Even with the road closed I don't want to tempt a thief."

"Ah, I understand."

I collected my handbag, turned off the ignition, the lights and locked the doors. I patted my car's roof.

"Stay," I said.

"What?" asked Robbie.

"Nothing: just talking to my car."

"Right, does it answer back?"

"Not so far, but he is a good listener," I replied with a laugh.

We loaded my belongings into his patrol car.

"Pity you don't have a four wheel drive," I said as I secured my seat belt.

"I was in Tyndrum at an earlier incident. This snow storm wasn't expected until tomorrow."

"Forgive me, but you don't sound like you're from around here."

"No, I was born in Stirling, but my father was career army, so I have spent most of my life moving around."

"So your father is the Duke of Wellington?" I joked remembering his surname.

Robbie laughed. I liked it. The snow was now drifting. The scenery looked like a Christmas card.

"Not quite that old. My father is Major William Wellington retired. How far were you going?"

"Ultimately Skye, but with the storm I thought I would stop over in Fort William."

"Well we'll be stopping in Ballachulish. It's the next village. The bridge is closed. A lorry overturned on it this afternoon," explained Robbie.

"I hope I can find a bed for the night."

"I'll make sure you have somewhere to stay. It's no bother! Have you eaten?"

"Yes thank you, but it was a while ago."

"Where do you live?" he asked.

"It weren't me. I never did nuffin! I wasn't even there. No-one saw me do nuffin. You can't prove nuffin. Honest!" I started seriously, but by the end was trying not to laugh.

Robbie laughed at my put on accent.

"So all I have is your first name. I could just run your car registration?"

"May be I'm a super criminal and it's stolen."

What was I saying? I was suggesting to a policeman I had stolen a car!

"Let me guess, you're wanted by MI5, GCHQ, FBI, DEA, GIGN, GSG9 and Interpol?" he tested with a chuckle.

"Yep all of them and IKEA."

Robbie laughed.

"What does IKEA want you for?"

"I could tell you, but then you would be sent to the Tower of London. I'm from lots of different places too, but currently living in the South of England."

"Well that's nice and vague. I think I'll have to take you into custody and handcuff you for my own safety."

There was a moment of silence as I imagined being handcuffed. I shook my head.

"I'm joking!" he said gently.

"Right! Everything you say will be taken down and used in evidence against you," I cautioned him playfully.

"Oh, so now you IOPC?"

"You love your acronyms don't you?" I observed.

"Sorry, that's the Independent Office for Police Conduct."

"Yes, that's right, I deliberately crashed my car to avoid a deer, grounded it in the middle of a snow storm to investigate you," I laughed.

"You have a naughty laugh and a wicked sense of humour. I like it."

He called ahead and asked someone named Dougal to check out if there were any beds available for the night. The answer came back after a few minutes.

"Dougal to Robbie, sorry that's a big zero. The bridge being blocked and the storm means everyone has been forced to take refuge for the night."

"Thanks for trying Dougal. I'll check in with you in the morning. Robbie Out."

"I have a spare room if you would like to stay with me?" he offered.

"Sorry to cause so much trouble."

"Are you trouble?" he asked with a laugh.

"I try not to be," I replied seriously.

"Welcome to Ballachulish," he said as we passed the sign.

"Wow, centre of the cosmos," I replied sarcastically.

"Well I call it home."

"Sorry."

"It's okay. I get it. It's a little remote, but I like it here."

"Do you need to go back out?"

"No, I'm off duty as of an hour ago. You have my undivided and complete attention."

We pulled into a wide drive. A large police four wheel drive was parked there. The snow was falling even harder if that was possible. I could barely see the neighbouring house let alone the village. I was somewhat relieved that Robbie would be with me.

"Let's get you in the warm and then I'll bring your things."

"Let me help. It's my stuff."

"Krys, I promise I won't steal anything."

"I believe you, but let's both grab my bags. Let's both get out of the snow as soon as possible."

"Okay. You're very independent," he observed.

"I have to be."

We moved the bags into his hallway. The door closed and I felt the warmth of his house. The light was bright compared to the car. I could see Robbie up close for the first time. The first thing I noticed was his incredibly blue eyes. He had short dark hair, a friendly face and a nice smile. He reminded me a little of the actor Gerard Butler. I wondered if he was a buff as Leonidas in the film 300. I might have blushed at that thought.

"What?" he asked with a smile.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to stare."

"Is something on my face?"

"You have very lovely blue eyes."

"Um, my only good feature."

"You're nice to look at, and I don't believe that they're your only good feature. You look handsome, rugged and strong, but with a gentleness. I think you have a good heart."

I took his hand inspecting it. I had no idea what I was looking for. It was a spur of the moment thing, a spontaneous act, and very unlike me.

"Are you going to tell me my future?" he asked.

"You have honest hard working hands, but they need warming up."

"Well you know they say cold hands mean a warm heart."

He turned my hand tracing the lines on my palm gently with his index finger. He had a presence, but I felt safe, protected even.

"Are you going to tell me my future?" I queried with a smile repeating his question.

"You will have an interesting journey in a snowy landscape. You will meet a tall, dark stranger with blue eyes. Oh wait, sorry that's this morning's future. Your forthcoming future is harder to read. You will meet your true love unexpectedly, fall helplessly in love and live happily ever after."

"I'm not sure I can believe your predictions. You weren't expecting the snow!" I teased.

"That's very true. May I offer you tea or maybe something stronger? Could I suggest a wee nip to keep the cold at bay?"

"Tea would be lovely and a wee dram if you will join me. Do you live alone?"

"Not quite, Merlin is somewhere about."

"Merlin?" I queried.

"My cat."

"Oh."

"While the kettle boils, do you want to use the phone? Inform your family, let them know you are safe but delayed? The landline is just through there in the lounge. I will grab some glasses. I have a bottle of Glenmorangie whisky somewhere."

I called my sister. We had a brief conversation. All was well. I told her where I was and was staying with Robbie. I would call in the morning. The kettle boiled and I filled the teapot. Robbie returned with glasses and a bottle. He poured a generous amount into the two glasses. We drank the hot tea, then sipped the whisky.

"I have some stew, would you like a bowl?" he asked.

"It's been a while since dinner; I must admit I'm hungry. May I have just a small portion please?"

We chatted for a time as we ate the stew. We covered my journey, my sister and my nieces. I learned he had an older sister too named Eliza who was a paramedic. He was unmarried, single and no children. He was easy to talk to. We cleaned up. We talked some more. It was almost eleven when I checked my watch.

"Shall I show you the guest room? It comes with a private bathroom: it has a bed, running water and everything. If you're good, I'll cook you breakfast in the morning," he said.

"If I'm good?" I tested with a laugh.

"Sorry. I've picked up one of Mrs McDougall's sayings. She says things like 'if you're good I will bake a cake'. The villagers are lovely people."

"I don't want to impose."

"You're not. It's actually nice to have the company."

"Then I graciously accept. Thank you."

"Let's give you a wee tour."

The small house was practical. I noticed there were few pictures on the walls. I also observed there were no Christmas decorations, or even a tree.

"This is the guest room. I hope it will be okay. This is the guest bathroom. Please help yourself to a shower in the morning. There will be lots of hot water. There are clean towels on the rack. Shout me if you need anything."

"Thank you Robbie. You have been very kind to me. I appreciate you opening your home to a complete stranger."

"No bother, I couldn't leave you abandoned on the road. Sleep well and I'll see you in the morning. Good night Krys."

"Good night. Sweet dreams to you too. Thank you again Robbie."

I performed my evening toilette. I wore my midnight blue satin chemise and matching knickers. I slipped into bed and was almost instantly asleep.

I was walking through a snow covered landscape. I was clearly dreaming as I didn't feel cold even walking through the deep drifting snow. The snow was falling, I think it was night, but there was a soft light all around. I scanned the sky seeking the moon, but couldn't locate it. Another mystery was my lack of footprints. I passed through the trees into a circular open grove. There were large standing stones around the perimeter. There are many of these ancient stone circle sites each of them unique. Most people only know of Stonehenge, Avebury or Brodgar: but there are so many more. These stones concealed in the forest were not huge megaliths, but they were still impressive. Each stone was distinctive, but similar. They were all larger than me. I realised I wasn't alone- in the centre of the circle stood a magnificent stag.

I watched in wonderment as the majestic beast turned to study me. He was large with a full crown of antlers. If he decided to charge he had the power to hurt me, but I was without fear. If anything I was in awe and felt privileged to see him so close.

"Hi," I greeted him raising my hand in a little wave.

I kept my movements slow to avoid startling him. He raised his head sniffing hard assessing my scent. I hoped I smelled friendly.