Dreams and Wishes Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You do not fear me, Krys?" queried a voice that seemed somehow in my head.

"Who's there?" I asked looking around.

"I have many names, some call me Cernunnos, others Herne, and to others I'm the Green Man. Forgotten I am by most."

"I mean you no harm, please show yourself," I called gently.

"You're an old soul and have a good heart, but I'm confused, you greeted me, I stand before you, yet you doubt your senses."

"You are... the stag?" I tested.

"Ah, finally: enlightenment," the voice replied with a friendly laugh.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

"You stand at a crossroad in your life. Tonight is the Winter Solstice- the shortest day, the longest night: a powerful time of the year. For some it is considered the start of the new year. It's a point of change. Come sit with me: let's talk."

The stag transformed into an old man with a long grey beard dressed in green and brown robes. He sort of reminded me of Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, except with antlers that seemed part of his head. He had lovely blue eyes and instantly reminded me of Robbie. He sat cross legged on the snowy ground. He placed a fist sized dark stone on the ground. A small blaze spontaneously came to life. I sat cross legged before him. I felt no heat from the flames, but I wasn't cold either.

"I sense an open mind, tolerance for others, yet you choose to be alone."

"It's complicated," I replied.

"You accept people as you find them. You're thoughtful and considerate regarding culture, religion and tradition, but you think that you're not accepted."

"I'm different."

"Yes, you are. I sense strength in spirit and heart. Tested you will be in the days to come. My brothers and sisters are approaching. The council will assemble. Earlier than expected they are. Fear not, for all are friends here."

I watched as a great black bear lumbered slowly into the circle. There were no bears in Scotland, at least not in the wild. In the land of dreams I suppose anything was possible. What was I thinking I was talking to a man who had been a stag! The bear stared at me for a moment. I felt amazement rather than dread. Bear was joined by silver wolf, red fox, highland cat, a hare with a missing front limb, golden eagle, boar and raven. I thought wolf nodded to me. The fox appeared to smile at me.

"Welcome."

May be I imagined it, but I thought I heard the greeting from fox in a gentle feminine voice in my head.

I could hear separate voices, but I couldn't understand them. They were conversing in a language I didn't know. The scene faded.

I was next wearing just my blue silky satin chemise standing in a white void. There was something solid I was standing on, but I couldn't see anything. The void seemed to continue forever. There were no landmarks. I began to walk, but made no progress. I turned around to find Robbie. He wore only shorts. Strangely he didn't speak and I said nothing either. He took me in his arms kissing me. I hadn't been in a relationship for a while. Was this wishful thinking? Was I falling for the first person to be nice to me? He scooped me into his arms carrying me into a waiting bedroom that appeared from nowhere. I was laid on the bed. Robbie lay alongside me. We kissed as he caressed my body. I was very aroused by this erotic dream. I was soon writhing beneath the athletic body of my fantasy Robbie. I could feel his erect cock pressing against me- I was eager to be penetrated. I wanted hot, hard cock throbbing deep inside me, stimulating my spot giving me a long intense orgasm. I woke with a start to be instantly disappointed. I sighed, rolling over and returned to sleep. I remembered nothing more.

*

23 December

It was morning. I had slept well despite the remarkable dreams. The drive had fatigued me far more than I expected. Flashbacks from my dreams interrupted my thoughts made me reflect on the experience. I had a shower and dressed. I selected red panties and matching bra with nude tights. I wore a red blouse with black trousers. I headed for the kitchen. I was greeted by the largest black cat I have ever seen with big yellow green eyes. I crouched to rub his head and ears. I lifted him into my arms. I could hear him purr.

"Hello my friend, you must be Merlin," I greeted him as he rubbed against me.

"Yes, I'm Merlin. Hello Krys, it's nice to meet you."

I looked around to find Robbie in the doorway providing a voice for my new friend.

"Good morning Robbie," I greeted with a smile.

"Good morning Krys. So you talk to your car and animals," he observed.

"I get more sense from animals than most people," I replied.

"Ouch. Krys has claws. Perhaps I can make amends by making breakfast?"

"Sorry Robbie, that was unfair. You rescued me and gave me somewhere to stay. I should be more respectful. What can I do to help?"

"Apology accepted, and I'm sorry for teasing you. You must be special because Merlin is usually very wary around strangers, yet here he is in your arms. He's a great judge of character. Please help with the coffee?"

"Merlin thinks you're a good pet and I should be nice to you."

"Oh, right I'm Merlin's pet," he laughed.

The phone rang in the other room. Robbie answered it. I set Merlin down on the floor. He watched me with his big eyes. I looked out of the window as I prepared the coffee filter machine. It was still snowing heavily. I could just make out lights in the few nearby houses.

"That was Hamish at the garage. He has recovered your car. So the good news is there's no structural damage. The bad news both rear tyres were flat. He thinks that when you skidded you picked up something causing the punctures. They aren't safe and need replacement. He has ordered new tyres. I said we would call by after breakfast."

"So I'm stuck here?" I asked unable to hide my disappointment.

"And more bad news- the bridge is still blocked. They are waiting for special heavy lifting equipment from Fort William. They hope to have it here by this afternoon, but the extreme weather is making it difficult."

"So even if my car was roadworthy I wouldn't be able to leave?" I asked.

"No, sorry, it looks like the weather gods want you to stay."

"I think Thor has it in for me," I tried to joke.

"Right, so which of the Avengers are you again?" he asked trying to cheer me up.

"I don't know. I think I would like to fly, but would need an epic ability or weapon: something to equal Thor's hammer. May be a flaming sword."

"Watch out Thor! I'm sorry you're stuck here with me."

"Well you're my superhero: Robbie to the rescue! No-one else I'd rather be stuck with," I said trying to sound happy.

He pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me in a hug. I hugged him back tightly. For several minutes we just stood holding each other. It felt nice to be held close. Robbie was warm with a nice smell.

"This isn't getting breakfast done," I said breaking the hug.

"You're absolutely right."

"Thank you Robbie, I think I needed that," I said sincerely.

"All part of the service."

Breakfast was amazing, Robbie was an excellent chef. I haven't eaten better in fancy restaurants. We donned jackets taking his four wheel drive police truck to the garage. Hamish was the boss, an older man in his sixties. He promised to prioritise my car as soon as the tyres arrived. They were delayed for as long as the bridge was closed. He would call as soon as the car was ready. It was possible that the branches I had used may have caused the punctures.

Robbie introduced me to some of the locals as we toured the village. The baker Donald Campbell gave me warm morning rolls and some rhubarb tarts. He refused payment telling me it was Christmas. I was touched by his generosity to a stranger. I nibbled on one of the rolls while it was still warm as we walked to Robbie's next appointment. We visited the butcher Rory Maclean. Robbie collected his order. Rory looked like he should be an extra in a period drama. He made Robbie look small. He reminded me of the giant in Harry Potter with a full beard and long hair tied in a ponytail. I wouldn't be surprised if he sliced his meat with a claymore. Rory gave me a hug, considering his size he was gentle with me. Finally we called in at the hotel to meet the owner Maisie MacDougall. Maisie had flame red coloured hair.

"Morning Mrs MacDougall, do you have any spare rooms?" asked Robbie.

"Sergeant Robert Wellington, I've told you a dozen times now to call me Maisie. No, sorry, all fully booked until the 27th. I thought the gates were closed?"

"They are and will remain so for the duration of this snow storm. We have fresh heavy snow and it's drifting. The bridge is still blocked: so Krys is stuck here for a while."

"Oh, my poor wee lass, I'm sorry," comforted Maisie hugging me.

"Well Krys, you are welcome to stay with me," offered Robbie.

"I guess you're stuck with me. Sorry," I replied.

"Oh no, I will have a beautiful interesting house guest, what ever will I do?" complained Robbie playfully.

Maisie laughed at his dramatics. It broke the tension. I laughed too.

"If you're stuck here, you might as well join us. You're both invited to Christmas dinner. Be here at midday on Christmas Day," decided Maisie.

"Thank you Maisie, you're very kind. Is that okay with you Krys?" asked Robbie.

"That's very kind, but I hope to be able to continue my journey once the bridge is fixed."

"I hate to give people bad news, but I think you'll be here for Christmas," he said.

"In that case I would love to join you. Thank you. What should I bring?" I asked.

"Just bring yourselves."

We walked back to the car. I caught Robbie's hand and squeezed it. The snow had stopped at least for now.

"I told you they are lovely people."

"We can't go to dinner empty handed. Please may we call at the supermarket for a few things?" I asked.

"I was thinking the same thing," reported Robbie with a smile.

I was introduced to Duncan who managed the local supermarket. I noticed he only had one arm. He was a chatty, friendly man and was eager to assist us. We collected supplies and a few last minute gifts. I found a bottle of Glenmorangie whisky, a few bottles of wine, some miniature whisky bottles and wrapping paper. I also found a small ready decorated tree. We loaded the items into the truck.

"Would you like to go for a walk while it's stopped snowing?" asked Robbie.

"Okay, you can give me the Robbie guided tour," I agreed.

As we walked side by side he slipped his hand into mine. We had known each other for less than twenty-four hours, but I felt comfortable in his presence. I felt a connection. We walked and talked. He pointed out some of the sights including the many different peaks of the Nevis range. The views were incredible. I felt so small in the landscape. We walked down to Loch Leven past the hotel to the view point. The wind had dropped, but it was still bitterly cold. We stood talking for a while. We laughed together. Our happy time was cut short.

"Robbie, there's someone in the water," I said pointing to a boy in a red jacket.

The lad was waving frantically as the current moved him towards our position.

"I'll call it in," he replied retrieving his phone.

I removed my jacket and my boots. I handed Robbie my handbag.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm going in to save him. You're the police. You need to stay here and coordinate."

"That water is freezing!" he cautioned me.

"Best wish me luck and call for backup," I said.

I don't know why, but I kissed him before wading into the water. Robbie was right- it was freezing. I remembered the survival week I had taken before lockdown. I'm a strong swimmer, but I wouldn't recommend being a hero to anyone. Call the police and wait for the professionals. I should learn to take my own advice. I swam out to the boy, calling to him and he waved. I reached him noting he was wearing a life jacket so it gave us some extra buoyancy. I tipped him on his back towing him towards the shore. I had been in the water for only minutes, but I could feel the cold biting at my fingers and toes. I watched as flashing lights appeared on the shore- I aimed for them, swimming slightly against the current to maintain position.

A boat appeared from downstream racing towards us. It was a police launch- I had never felt so happy to see so many flashing lights. I was being rescued by the police for a second time. They reached our position. The boat pulled alongside- they took the boy from my arms. They heaved him on board. I was pulled onto the deck beside him. I was breathing hard. We were both shivering. The officers wrapped us in metallic blankets and spare winter jackets.

"Thank you for saving me," the boy said between coughs.

I smiled and squeezed his hand unable to speak after my exertions.

"Are you okay Miss?" asked the officer.

I gave him the thumbs up. I closed my eyes focusing on my warm place: my bare feet walking on baked white sand, a temperate breeze with bright sunshine that warmed my skin. I focused on the image allowing me to regulate my breathing. It was a technique I had learned to calm myself at times of stress. It was only minutes until we reached the wharf. An ambulance was waiting.

"Are you Krys?" asked the officer that had pulled me aboard.

I nodded.

"I'm Dougal. Let's get you checked by the medics."

I nodded my consent- he helped me to my feet. My cold, wet clothes were clinging to my body. We disembarked. I was met by Rory Maclean, the butcher, who scooped me into his arms carrying me to the waiting ambulance.

"Miss Willis, that was terribly brave, but a little irresponsible," he chastised me gently.

"I couldn't let him die," I replied my teeth chattering.

I was checked, prodded and poked by the medics and then by the local doctor. Doctor Moira Burns had checked the young boy first. He was uninjured, but had been in the water longer. Moira was sympathetic, but also reprimanded me as she performed her medical assessment.

"Doctor, I assure you I'm fine. I just need to have a hot shower, clean dry clothes and a cup of tea," I said standing.

"I can drive you," offered Rory.

I wondered if he had a motorcycle and sidecar like Hagrid. Robbie arrived pushing his way through the gathering crowd. His look of concern melted to one of relief. He smiled and hugged me.

"I'm okay. Thanks for calling for support. Is there anyone you didn't call? May be the Royal Marines, the Avengers, or NASA?" I joked.

"That was crazy. I was worried. What were you thinking?"

"I really need a hot shower. Can we talk once I'm warm and dry?"

"Sorry, yes, of course."

An hour later I was warm and dry in clean clothes, wrapped in a fleece blanket with two pairs of fluffy socks. Robbie had started a wash cycle for my wet clothes. I cradled a steaming cup of coffee. Robbie came into the room kneeling in front of me.

"I can't believe you did that. That was very brave. The water was so cold."

"It's okay, I did a survival course."

"Well I did something similar in the army, but that doesn't mean I would want to do it again."

"Robbie, I know you mean well, but please don't fuss. Just sit here and cuddle me for a bit."

He nodded. He sat next to me embracing me- his arm around me. I leaned against his shoulder. It felt right.

"I'm sorry I scared you. You probably had the same thought, but you know you needed to be on the shore and call for help. You're the police, people listen to you. I don't know anyone here. For all I know with the bridge blocked the emergency services couldn't get through. I didn't want to have to debate with some 999 call centre person. It was the logical approach. Time was critical!" I justified my thoughts and actions.

"You make sense, but that doesn't make it any easier for me to stand there while you put yourself in danger."

"Reprimand received and understood Sergeant Wellington. Thank you Robbie for organising my second rescue and everything so quickly."

"Well, I have to admit it just makes me love you even more," he whispered.

Did I just hear right? Robbie loved me? Or was that just an expression?

*

It was much later in the day. I had set the small Christmas tree on a long cupboard in the lounge. I made coffee while Robbie checked his computer. He returned with a serious expression.

"Krys, I need to talk to you. First off, this wasn't because I don't believe you or thought you were a criminal or anything like that despite our jokes. I submitted an accident report with your car registration. It was just in case you needed an insurance claim."

"Okay, sounds reasonable and very professional, Sergeant Wellington. You look troubled though? Please tell me what's wrong," I requested.

"There are some irregularities and I need some answers."

"I'll answer your questions. I swear I'll give you the truth," I stated sincerely.

He remained in the kitchen doorway while I stood by the sink.

"Okay, so who's Christopher Willis?"

I frowned.

"Wow, there's a name I wasn't expecting. You might look at me differently when I tell you," I explained.

"I value the truth. Did he loan you the car?"

I took a deep breath. I opened my handbag, retrieved my purse and located my driving licence.

"He was me, before I changed my name to Krystyna Willis. Krys!" I said handing him my licence.

"So how does DVLA have your driving licence correct, but not your car registration?"

"I swear I've called them multiple times, I've sent them a copy of the name change certificate. I assumed it was just delayed. I should have followed up on it. If you check, the address and everything else matches. It's just my first name that's not updated. The insurance matches my licence."

"I'm sorry Krys. I'll help you fix this. Sorry for digging through your personal life. Thank you for trusting me. Forgive me?"

"Sergeant Robert Wellington, you have nothing to be sorry for. You helped a... person in distress at the side of the road. You offered me a bed for the night, cooked me breakfast and generally have been a wonderful human being. I should apologise, I let you hug me, kiss me: you thought I was someone... something else. I should have said something. I should have been honest. I'm sorry. I should be asking for you to forgive me?" I asked.

"Yes, of course I absolutely forgive you. Thank you for telling me the truth. May I hug you again now?"

"You want to hug me? You know I'm not..." I didn't know how to finish my sentence.

"You're Krys and I like you. I accept you as you are, as I hope you accept me. The rest we will work out."

"Okay, but before we hug, I give you full disclosure: I haven't had surgery, nor do I want it. I'm happy being me as I am."

"I wouldn't want you any other way," declared Robbie placing his right hand over his heart.

We hugged. I felt his lips kiss my forehead. I looked into those blue eyes of his.

"You know you have amazing brown eyes," he said.

"You're just saying that because I said about your wonderful blue eyes."

"No, it's true. I don't want to rush into anything, and I don't want to scare you off. I haven't been on a date in over three years," revealed Robbie.

"May I make a suggestion?"

"Yes, of course."

"Why don't we pour a drink and talk for a bit. I'm sure you have about a thousand questions flying around in that police brain of yours," I said with a chuckle.

"May I suggest a wee dram of the good stuff?"

"Yes, I think I'm acquiring a taste for it."

"If you don't like it I'm sure I can find something else," reported Robbie.

"Do you have cherry brandy?"

"Sorry I don't, but we will definitely add to the next shopping list. I definitely have some normal brandy."

"No, let's stick with the whisky."

We took our drinks to the lounge. I sat on the sofa. Robbie took the chair opposite.