Dreams of Destiny Pt. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Let’s take first things first. I have to find out about shipping Top Cat and Aristotle. Elaine didn’t say what airline we’re flying on Sunday. Maybe I should just call around to get an idea of how its done. Destiny decided to call TWA.

She called the reservation number and was connected to an agent named Bonnie who was very helpful. Top Cat could fly with Destiny. Aristotle would have to be shipped in a cargo hold. They couldn’t promise he’d be shipped on the same flight she took to the island. She was assured the ride would be comfortable for the dog. The hold’s temperature would be between 46 and 85 degrees. She’d have to get a good cage for him. The animals would have to be medically cleared at least ten days before the trip. They’d probably have to be tranquilized.

Well, Destiny thought, I guess that means I’ll be making two trips to San Angeles. First I’ll go to the island with Juan to deal with Esteban and the political problems. Maria can take care of the animals while I’m gone. Then, assuming I’m really going to do this, I’ll come back to DC, get the animals taken care of, write my motions, put in my bills, close down my apartment.

God, I’m going to have to ship or get rid of all of my stuff. What the hell am I thinking of? This is a staggering proposition. But I’ve never wanted anything more than I want this. I’ll take it one step at a time.

The phone interrupted her train of thought. It was Robert Blake, the prosecutor on the juvenile UUV trial that was scheduled for tomorrow. That brought Destiny up short. Then she realized she was primed and ready for the trial. She’d already practically done it in her sleep.

“So, Destiny,” the prosecutor asked with artificial friendliness. Is Ronald going to plead tomorrow?

“No. I don’t think so. You can’t give us anything we want and it sure isn’t a cakewalk for the government. I think were going to go to trial.”

“With his record? Shit, if he’s convicted you know what were asking.”

“He doesn’t have any record and you know it. He’ll get probation. What are you really after? Is the government going to be ready for trial? You weren’t last time and Ruiz said he’d dismiss if you asked for another continuance.”

“Dismissal? I don’t think so.”

“That’s it, isn’t it? You were feeling me out to see if I’m ready. Well, I’m ready. I’ll see you tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m.” Destiny was elated at the thought of a dismissal for want of prosecution. That would leave her with a free day and she had things to do. Time to call her client and make sure he was as ready as she was for the day.

She got her client’s mother on the phone who said he was out playing baseball. They would be ready for Court in the morning she promised. Destiny gave the mother last minute instructions such as how her client should dress and the time and courtroom. After she hung up she called her witness and left him a message reminding him of his obligation to appear in Court.

She made the rest of calls she had listed, getting through quickly as virtually no one was in their office as she had expected. Neither Elaine nor Maria answered their phone. Then she spent some time reviewing the file and making trial notes.

It was getting dark when Juan arrived back at the apartment. He’d found what he wanted at the department store without too much trouble. In addition he brought back a roast chicken, a pasta salad and a bottle of white wine. Destiny laughed. “We both thought of our stomachs. Thanks. We’re going to eat well tonight.” She showed him what she’d bought for dinner.

“That looks good too,” Juan said. I could really go for a beer. I just assumed you were a wine drinker. Why don’t you put the wine in the refrigerator and we can open it later if we want it. Are you hungry? I am.

“I could eat,” Destiny said as she popped open two cans of beer. She was busily putting the food on plate to take out to the deck. “What do you want on your salad? Vinaigrette or ranch?.”

“Vinaigrette.”

“Me too.” She dressed the salad and handed him the bowl. “Here, make yourself useful.”

“Yes ma’am,” he said.

“And take the pasta salad out too.”

“Okay.”

The food was arranged and they served themselves. They both ate hungrily. It was cool and surprisingly peaceful on the deck. Top Cat prowled around and got table scraps to supplement his dinner. He was suitably grateful and deigned to make friends with Juan.

“That’s progress. He’s not hissing at you.”

“I’m not sitting on him or trying to displace him from his favorite spot. Cats are easy. All you have to do to win their affection is feed them, tell them they are beautiful, and give them proper strokes. They’re a lot like women,” he said to bate Destiny.

“You cad,” she cried. “You chauvinistic pig.” Destiny laughed. “You know I’m going to have to make it difficult for you tonight now, don’t you.”

“I always rise to a challenge,” Juan said with a swagger.

He was still petting Top Cat, who had actually rolled over onto his back and was purring loudly while Juan stroked his belly.

“”I already know that. But if you think I’m going to roll over for you, think again.” She looked at Top Cat in disgust. “Don’t you have any pride, Mr. Whiskers?”

“Juan smiled wickedly at Destiny. “I can make you roll over.”

“You can’t.”

“Bet?”

“No!.”

“Chicken”

“I’m not chicken”

“All right then.” Juan stopped petting Top Cat and stood up. He walked around behind Destiny’s chair. He moved her pony tail aside and blew on her neck. Destiny shivered, immediately feeling a stab of arousal. Then he nibbled lightly on her ear. She shivered again. He sucked on her earlobe while he reached into her shirt. His index finger found her nipple. It was already starting to harden. Destiny felt like squirming in her chair but resisted.

“I don’t feel a thing,” she said primly.

“Liar,” he whispered in her ear. His other hand was on her shoulder and he began to knead out the tension. Destiny felt like she was melting. His hands roamed over her breasts. He tenderly toyed with a nipple, then he pulled off her shirt. He left her side long enough to blow out the candles so the neighbors wouldn’t get an eyeful of what he planned. Destiny felt the wind caress her breasts. The very air around her was in league with Juan and his ministrations. It was damp, warm and humid, like she felt.

He came back to Destiny’s chair and stood in front of her. He unhooked her bra and slipped it off her shoulders.

Then he kneeled down in front of her

“What are you... “ Destiny was sweating. Her pulse was racing.

“Shhh.” He undid her trousers and lifted her up long enough to slide them off. He parted her knees. “Slide forward.”

Juan, no. Not here.”

“Yes.” He pulled her forward gently by her hips and spread her legs further apart. He dipped his right hand into his wine glass to wet his fingers. Then he parted her like a flower. His head was close to her knees. “You are so beautiful he said.” He played gently with her clitoris with his thumb and slowly slid his little finger into her vagina.

“Destiny was feeling frantic.” She was getting very close to the edge but she didn’t want Juan to know how much his attentions were affecting her.

Juan sensed Destiny’s plight. He laughed a little. “Do you want me Destiny?” He breathed into the mound of her pubis. His breath heated her further. He removed his hand and slid his tongue over her clit.. I have you now,” he purred.

“Oh God.” Destiny said.

“Say you want me.” His tongue flicked her nub. She jerked a little. He caught it between his lips and sucked gently. She was just about to go over the edge but he stopped.

“Oh no, don’t stop. Please.”

“I want to be inside of you. Slide off of the chair.”

“Yes” she said frantically, not caring that he was now directing the scene..

He quickly pulled off his pants.

He tasted her one more time. She moaned in pleasure.

“I told you you’d feel the scratch of my beard. Do you like it?”

“Uhumm.”

He was tempted to ask her to roll over and win the bet. He realized that would make their love making a contest of wills. He didn’t want that. He gently parted her with his fingers and entered her with his shaft. Destiny exploded the second she felt his length inside her. She was dizzy with pleasure.

“You make me wild,” he said. He moved faster. Their hearts beat hard and fast. They took their time with each other and finally reached the pinnacle. Juan kissed her and rolled off her onto his back. The lay back and watched the stars and the fireflies for a while.

“Making love with you is really miraculous,” Destiny said. “I would have rolled over for you, but you didn’t ask.

“I know.”

“Most guys would have.”

“I’m not most guys.”

“That’s for sure. I think....” She hesitated.

“What?”

“I probably shouldn’t say this. It’s only been a couple of days.”

“What is it? You sound so serious.”

“It’s just that I think I’m in love with you.” Destiny said in a rush. Those four words usually sent men scurrying for cover. But then, she figured if he was the scurrying type she’d just as well find out now before she cashed in her chips in Washington and moved to San Angeles.

“That’s what’s so serious?” Juan said, sounding amazed. “I think that’s great. No. It’s terrific. I’m in love with you too. What do you think about that?”

“You mean you’re not going to run screaming out of the room?”

“Should I?”

“No. When did you figure out that you loved me?”

“Pretty early in the game.” With all the hopping around we’ve been doing it’s kind of hard to say just when and where it hit me but I’ve known it for a while.”

“I’ve been thinking about San Angeles. A lot..”

“Yeah? What are you thinking.”

“We should go back as soon as possible to deal with Esteban. But I won’t be able to stay very long. I’ll have to come back here for a little while if I want to close things down.

His heart soared, she was thinking of making the move! “What will you have to do?”

Destiny filled Juan on what she had been thinking earlier that evening. Juan thought her ideas were pretty sensible and said so.

What are we going to do about Esteban?” Juan asked.

“I don’t know. We have to get back to the island before the documents are released to the press. That’s what started everything. God I wish I could go back and throw out those discs. That’s an idea. I wonder if I could.”

“No, I don’t think so. Because then you and I wouldn’t have met at the airport, remember, I was there to size up the Americans on the flight because I knew a tourist was bringing something in to harm the presidency.”

“You’re right. That won’t work. So when should we plan to leave. I’m afraid Sunday may be too late.”

“So we should travel back some other way” Juan stated.

“I think so. When do you want to do it.”

“Not tonight. I need sleep. And tomorrow I’m most likely to be in trial.”

“I keep forgetting you’re a working woman. Is all of this interfering with your cases?”

“Not really, surprisingly. I get a lot done in stray dreams. I’m prepared for tomorrow’s trial because I had an involved dream about it a few nights ago where I did all of my trial preparation. Everything’s ready to go.”

“What judge do you have?”

“Ruiz. He starts right at nine. What time is it, anyway. I probably should get some sleep.”

Juan lit a candle and held it up to his watch. “Its 11:30 already.”

“Yeah. I’ve got to go to bed. Do you want to join me?”

“I think I’ll stay up a little while. I want to watch the news and sit and think a bit.”

“All right. Destiny stood up and stretched. She leaned over and kissed Juan on the cheek. I feel like an old married lady. It’s kind nice.”

“Goodnight Cara. I’ll be along shortly”

Destiny took a short shower and went to bed. She was asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow...

INTERLUDE

Destiny was naked. Her hair was loose and wild. She was on a black marble alter. Her arms were tied over her head and her feet were also secured. She was terrified. She had no idea where she was. The dim light was red and smoky. There was a smell of hot pitch in the air. She could hear the moans of unhappy souls. She heard her name and turned her head. Esteban was standing before her with a knife in his hand. He lifted his arm, ready to strike a killing blow. Destiny cried out in fear....

Juan finished his beer, which had gotten warm. He thought about opening another but didn’t want to rely on it to make him sleepy. So he put on the local news and listened with half an ear. The news media were still having a field day over the events at Superior Court the day before. He heard Destiny cry out and raced into the bedroom. Destiny was sitting upright in bed with a terrified look on her face.

“Oh God, it was a dream. Hold me Juan. It was terrible.” She started to cry. “I can’t take much more of this” she sobbed.

“What was it Destiny? Tell me. I’ll make it go away. He soothed her like he would a frightened child. She lay trembling in his arms.”

“Oh Juan, it was terrible. I was on an alter and I was bound and helpless. He was going to kill me. Is that how it’s going to end? Juan, I’m frightened.”

“No Cara mia. I won’t let him kill you. It was a dream, a possibility. But it won’t happen. It won’t.” Destiny was trembling so he slid into bed with her. He held her close and she started to settle down. In a few minutes she was asleep again. Juan too was drowsy. He let himself relax and then he drifted off to sleep.

Chapter XXXI

Destiny awoke as the morning sun was rising. Washington was in the middle of its usual July drought. It was going to be scorchingly hot today. Juan was asleep on his back. He had kicked the sheet off during the night. He lay naked, sprawled out taking up most of the bed. Surprisingly, Top Cat had decided to nestle under the Colonel’s left arm. Juan’s mouth was half open and he was snoring gently. He hadn’t yet bothered to shave off the heavy growth of beard on his face.

She pulled out her old battered Pentax and took a couple of pictures. Just in case I ever have to blackmail him she thought with a laugh. He looked ridiculously beautiful Destiny thought as the put on her warm up suit. So incredibly masculine, yet vulnerable with the cat purring at his side. She felt so good she wanted to sing out loud but didn’t want to disturb him.

It was early enough that she could do some Tai Chi and then take a bike ride. She went out onto the deck and worked through her favorite movements. I’ll pick up the makings for breakfast and surprise Juan when he wakes up. He’s convinced I’m helpless in the kitchen.

She took off on her bike with a big smile on her face. I have a feeling this is going to be a great day Destiny thought as she pedaled up the short hill towards the capitol. She took her usual morning route pushing hard to get a thorough workout.I don’t know how runners can stand plodding around tracks and over hill and dale. It’s much better to feel like your flying on a bicycle. She took her hands off the handle bar and raised them into the air as she sped down a hill. She felt like a little kid.

On her way back to the apartment she stopped at the corner grocery store. She bought eggs, sliced ham, milk, coffee, mushrooms, a red pepper, some cheddar cheese, a couple of potatoes and an onion for hash browns, a small container of orange juice, and a beautiful, ripe mango for desert.I may not cook much, but I can make a great omelet when pressed.

She had to ride the last few blocks carefully, balancing the bags of food on her handle bars. She made it home without dropping anything.

Juan was in the shower when she got back into the apartment. She was tempted to strip and join him but decided to leave him in peace to enjoy his shower.I could really get used to having regular good sex, she thought, pleased at the idea. But she was hungry so she unpacked her groceries and set to the task of making breakfast.

First things first, she thought as she cleaned up the remains of last night’s pick. She loaded the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and scrubbed the counters. Then she worked her culinary magic.

Once she had the potatoes frying in her small skillet and the western omelet in the huge skillet her grandmother had given her, she made a fresh pot of coffee. She sliced up the mango and sampled it to be sure it made the grade. It was perfect.

Juan came out of the bathroom wearing the gray linen slacks and a blue madras shirt he had bought the night before at Hechts. He also had on a new pair of black Nike’s. His face was freshly shaven and he looked like a different person that the imposing army colonel she had become so familiar with. “Something smells great,” he said. “Are you making breakfast?”

“Who is this handsome stranger standing in my doorway?” Destiny asked approvingly.” She walked over to him and ran her fingertips down his smooth cheek. “Hmm,” very nice she said. I guess I won’t be getting any more whisker burns.

“Not today, anyway,” he responded. “So do you like the new look?”

“I like you however you look, she said slightly lecherously. But yes, it is good to see you in something other than your uniform.” Then she laughed. “You should have seen how you looked about an hour and a half ago.”

“What do you mean.”

“You were sprawled out flat, naked, on your back with Top Cat tucked under your arm snoring away.”

“You lie, woman,” Juan said “I’m always dignified, even in sleep.”

“Oh yeah? Well wait ‘til you see the pictures I took.”

“You didn’t” he said with a mock scowl.

“Yes I did. And I hid the camera afterwards, just in case you decided to destroy the evidence.”

“No, come on, you didn’t, really,” he said, starting to blush.

“Yep. I’m going to get them developed and keep them in a nice safe place just in case I’m ever really upset with you,” she teased. “Then you will be in big trouble. Big bad Colonel Rodriguez asleep with his favorite pussy.

“Christos, Destiny, is that how you treat all of your guests?”

“No, only the naked ones who hog the bed, snore and alienate the affections of my cat.”

I did that all in one night? I guess you had a right to be upset,” he said with good grace. But don’t you ever show our children those pictures.”

Destiny looked stricken. She turned her back quickly and began to fiddle with the potatoes on the stove. The bright day had suddenly gone black for her.I will not cry, l she ordered herself.He didn’t know, and maybe it won’t make a difference

“What’s wrong?” Juan asked. Oh, Dios, what was I saying? You had a hysterectomy, didn’t you. That was you as well as your alter ego. I didn’t know. I was only talking about hypothetical children anyway. I’m 46 years old, and I’ve never settled down long enough to give children much of a thought. Are you crying?”

“No,” Destiny lied through her tears. Juan walked over to her and put his arm around her. “I never thought I’d want children,” Destiny said. “I was an only child and never felt comfortable the few times I baby sat. I had a bad time of it when I had the hysterectomy, but it was mostly hormonal. I don’t think I ever really grieved for children I couldn’t have. Nathan was the only long term relationship I was ever in, and I moved out right about the time he started talking about marriage and kids.

“Of course there was John. But that was all a dream, or so I thought. As far as I can recall we never discussed children. It just struck me for a minute how nice it would be to have children with you. But I’m forty two already. Besides, it’s going to be difficult enough getting Top Cat and Aristotle used to each other. Destiny tried to smile.”

“You’re right about that. At least for the time being.” And we’re still getting to know each other. But we could probably adopt if we want to. We’re pretty good prospective parents.”

1...34567...12