Ducklings

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jamie failed to anticipate it being that big a deal, but knew a good thing when she heard it. She also recognized Carinne had chosen these words because it remained too soon to use a certain other four-letter word. She urged Carinne into the bed horizontally so they could lie together, and pulled the comforter over them. Carinne felt Jamie peck her cheek.

"You really are so beautiful."

"So're you."

"Oh...Carinne...I am not that beautiful."

"I respectfully and strongly disagree. I'm entitled to my opinion, and in what I felt of your face, I found true beauty."

"Well...they say beauty's skin deep."

"They also say it's in the eye of the beholder. But that's not really applicable for me, now is it."

"Heh! True. Well...good night, Carinne. Sleep tight. See ya in the mornin' light."

"Nighty-night, sweet dreams."

It took Jamie a little additional time to fall asleep, because she did a bit more thinking. This was...magical. Surreal. Unbelievable. Forty-eight hours ago, she was a melancholy, downhearted young lady with some damaging self-esteem issues. Now...not so much. She guessed it just went to show that like Carinne, life was full of surprises. Some were nice, some less than nice. And she knew she had to take the bad with the good. Maybe she didn't have all the answers yet. Maybe she didn't know what the future held for her and Carinne as far as tomorrow, or next month, or years from tonight. But in the wake of yesterday morning, one thing was for sure.

Jamie Himmelfarb was a truly much happier person.