Duncumbe Abbey The Extra Ch. 00: The Prologue

Story Info
Emily's new agent Alex, finds her a role as a film extra.
996 words
3.85
4.1k
8

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 01/10/2024
Created 01/05/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Prologue

It was a small part but surprisingly well paid for an extra. My intriguing new agent, Alex, had said,

"Emily, this is just the part a budding young actress like you needs, for the experience and lots of exposure. You'll be able to show off your beautiful body to everyone! It's perfect for you!"

"Yes, But I'm just an extra! I don't get to say any lines at all!" I had complained. "Surely you can find me something better than this - where at least I have a few words to say, and I will be credited? You're my new agent and I was expecting great things from you, to enhance my acting career - and put me on the road to fame and stardom!" I laughed. "And all you've got me is a none speaking part as an extra in a short action scene from a macho war film - probably with a cast of thousands!"

"That's not the point!" countered Alex. "The first point is: It's work - and it's well paid for a day's shoot as an extra. You need the money, so you can't turn it down. The second point is: although you are just an extra you are featured as one of only four actresses who will have screen time in that scene. That means that although you are not credited you may be seen by a casting director and obviously that could lead to much bigger things - maybe the big break!"

"Yeah... Sure...." I whined. "And maybe no one will even notice I'm there..."

"Which leads me to my third point..." Alex continued, undeterred. "I was able to get you this job because I know one of the producers and vaguely know the director, and some of the actors he works with. I also know the assistant director. If you play you cards right and do this job well, you'll be noticed, and it will lead to bigger roles. So, my advice to you is to stop complaining and take it!"

"Oh... All right... You win! I'll take it. If just to shut you up nagging me. And at least it gets me out of the house!"

"Good! That's what I wanted to hear. I'll let them know you are just the person for the job, and you'll take it. It will be great experience for you. And may well lead to some interesting new roles! Bye!"

And that was it! Alex had signed me up for my first rather ignominious role through his agency. I wondered if this would be it, or if it really was a door opening to a new future. How little did I know...

It was a short scene for a war film called Big Insurrection and was unscripted with just a brief scene summary to describe what we were to do:

I was one of four beautiful female resistance workers meeting in an old gardener's cottage to plot our next act of sabotage. We were to be suddenly ambushed by six rather hunky soldiers and then have to make a run for it through the gardens and hide until we would eventually be caught and taken away for interrogation.

And that was it. Easy really...

On the day of the shoot, I arrived at the location - the stately home: Duncumbe Abbey Manor - in good time. I found the production manager, who gathered all four of us actresses together, introduced us, and proceeded to show us round the beautiful grounds and gardens of the mansion, where the actual shoot was going to take place. He started off by showing us the gardener's cottage and then from there, walked us to each of our locations, where, after escaping from the cottage, we would hide until we would inevitably be discovered by the soldiers who would be searching for us. My hiding place was in a clump of trees and bushes growing right up next to the walled garden not far from the cottage. I was pretty sure I would easily be able to find it again.

He took us back to the house, where he introduced us to the director for a quick chat, before showing us the Green Room where we changed into our costumes. And then we were ready...

Because mine wasn't a speaking part and I knew they probably had just selected me for my good looks and perfect figure, rather than my acting skills, and I certainly did look pretty in this costume - a silk French blouse, no bra, and light wrap around chiffon skirt, with ever so brief lace panties, ideal in this heat - and I hoped I would be noticed by a casting director. The director had told us to put up a bit of a fight when we were caught, to make it realistic, and not to be alarmed if our blouses were ripped a little, causing a fleeting glimpse of our breasts, as it would probably end up being an 18 rated film and they wanted to titillate the audience a bit! - which was okay with me - I needed the work, and I didn't mind showing off my nice boobs to a casting director if it meant more work; maybe a role where I actually got to speak some lines...

Wearing our lovely flimsy costumes - to the admiring glances of the crew - we made our way to the gardener's cottage where we chatted happily while waiting for the shoot to begin, with the production manager calling us outside one by one to talk us through our specific roles and give us the additional contracts to sign, now that we were actually on set.

I was a little nervous as everyone got in place ready for action, but the other girls were light-heartedly joking and teasing each other about what was going to happen when the hunky soldiers found us, and it helped put me more at ease...