Dungeon Builder's Harem Book 02 Ch. 45

Story Info
Chapter 45.
1.6k words
4.77
8.6k
18

Part 80 of the 139 part series

Updated 04/28/2024
Created 08/07/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Forty-Five

Halia and the orcs were almost to the elevator when suddenly the world lurched. She gasped and found herself in the bedroom. She blinked as she looked around. Garnet was bouncing up and down. Terra was rubbing at her forehead in awe. Hagane ran over and embraced and kissed Lana Fulmine. Mrs. Baldwin nodded her head in approval.

"What happened?" she asked.

"We missed it," Baaghi said. The rakshasa shook her feline head. "We missed it all."

The door to the Vault opened and Leo stepped inside into the bedroom. He looked around at them, naked but looking whole. "Led's dead."

"Yeah, he kicked his ass," Maya said. She was at his side, clinging to him. "It was rather close, though."

"But I came in and saved the day," Garnet said. "Kweh, heh, heh, that valkyrie didn't see that coming."

"No, she didn't," Leo said. He smiled at Halia. "I'm glad you're safe."

"I wish I was here," the paladin said, her black braid sweeping down her back as she looked around. The room looked normal, but she felt that it was only because Leo had put it back together. "I don't understand."

"Led used his dwarven slaves," Leo said, anger on his face. He pointed to the room where six or seven dwarves lay unconscious. From the other room, the orcs, will o' wisps, and werebears stepped into the room. Leo glanced up at the orc at the front. "Zobens, carry these dwarves to Astovin village. When they wake up, let them go. Speak with the mayor and make sure they have provisions to see them returned to their home."

"My Lord," Zobens nodded. Then she started barking orders like a general.

Halia came up to Leo. She swallowed. "I am sorry I missed it. I was..."

He smiled at her. "Having fun with the monster girls." Leo pulled her to him with his free arm. "Halia, that's one of the perks of being my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" The word was strange to her.

"His lover," Maya said. "His paramour."

"Oh, yes, I am that," Halia said with pride. She was a dungeon builder's paramour. That was such a strange concept to her. She pressed her body against his, rubbing her nipples into his strong chest. Then she kissed him.

Halia's world was a strange one. But she was glad to have it. She kissed the dungeon builder she loved. She would help him convince the rest of the world that he was a man worth supporting. Humans, dwarves, elves, and halflings would all learn that at least one dungeon builder was their friend.

* * / *

"I think you should keep Smerta," said Maya as I stood before the Void Crystal. The orcs and other monster girls were leading away the dwarven prisoners. None of them had died.

There was that.

I had destroyed Led's body when I repaired my dungeon. The hole that had been dug in was restored with mountain stone. I had to come up with a way to keep that from happening again. I needed to keep a portion of my dungeon this high up to tap into the mana vein here. But it was clear it left my Vault and myself in danger. I liked the idea of having my lair up high. Close to the surface but...

Beneath would make more sense. It was why dungeons in video games had you delving into the earth most of the time. You went deeper and deeper. It wasn't just a metaphor for venturing further into the dark.

It was practical if you, the dungeon builder, wanted to stay alive.

"You want me to keep..." I blinked. "Which one is Smerta?"

"The valkyrie," said Maya. "I think she would serve you."

I hadn't kept either of Ziamili's companions. I hated Ziamili for what his monster girls had done to Halia. Led I detested, but it wasn't the same. It didn't feel nearly as personal to me. I considered it. The valkyrie was a fierce fighter.

"And the fairy?" I asked.

"She's fun," said Garnet. "I could have someone I can fly around with and play jokes."

"Yeah, let's not keep her," Lana said, a smile on her face. "Imagine having to deal with two Garnets."

"I know!" Garnet sighed. My little sister's tail flicked back and forth with such mirth. "It'll be soooooooo awesome, big bro! Let's do it!"

"Then there's the question of who you will summon next," Terra said. She rubbed at my chest with her gray fingers. They were soft and malleable. She touched the Light Glyph, seven of the cuneiform-like arrows that formed a sun, the lines pointing out from where their triangular bases all touched to form a circle. Then she slid over to the Ice Glyph. It was a narrow V like an icicle that hung down. "Which cute girl from school are you going to choose?"

"Alizee the cheerleader?" asked Maya, a big grin on her watery face.

"Ooh, ooh, Morana would be perfect," said Garnet. My little sister bounced up and down. "Goth and ice. That has to be a perfect fit."

"He wants a MILF for light," said Lana Fulmine. "Another motherly beauty like you, Mrs. Baldwin."

Maya and Garnet both shot each other looks. "Mrs. Lucina!" they gasped together and then giggled.

"Who's that?" asked Hagane.

"Oh, my, yes, you do like to stare at her gardening," my mother purred. "But you know who you should choose for ice." She arched an eyebrow at me.

I opened my mouth, about to agree with her, when Du's voice echoed through my head. "Lord Leo, there is a visitor."

I turned my head and looked over my shoulder. "A visitor?"

"Yes, an elven scholar named Fauraliiithiliana," Du answered. "She says she got your letter and was very intrigued by it."

My eyes widened as I remembered the letter I had sent to the Great Elven Library of Lyrialiasa. "Send her in. Escort her to the throne room. I'll meet her there!"

Finally, this might be the chance that would provide some answers.

* * / *

Fuegin sat on his fiery throne. He watched the entrance to Leo's dungeon through the use of a scrying window. Fuegin had the sensor hidden over Leo's base; a complicated Light ritual was required to make it. Expert level magic.

"An elven scholar," Fuegin said as he stared at the sensor. He glanced over at Liegra. She stood with her back straight. She was a kaleidoscope of rainbow colors that all bent and warped around her, making her curvaceous form hard to pick out. She was a monster girl called a prism, his light companion. "You were correct to summon me."

"I am glad, Lord Fuegin," she said, bowing, which caused the light refracting around her body to dance in new and almost hypnotic ways.

Fuegin had tried to get into the library so many times, lying to Leo about it. He wanted the boy to feel like he had agency. The library lay in the heart of elfdom. They had so many priests and wizards laying protecting magics around it. They were guarding knowledge of such immensity to require such defenses. He had long considered attacking them, but if he accidentally destroyed something valuable...

But through Leo, a low-level dungeon builder who was trying to make peace with the world, well, Fuegin had hoped there would be a chance he would learn something. But to have a scholar come to him. This was intriguing.

The gambit with the twins had worked out. Leo now had power. Only the strongest of dungeon builders would dare challenge him. He would have time to uncover the secrets that burned in Fuegin.

And he'll be so grateful to share them with me, thought Fuegin, smiling. It was nice having a friend. A shame he would have to kill Leo one day. If Fuegin's instincts were right about what this game was...

But he wasn't sure. He had to understand. He had to know just why he had been dragged here by the Incarnation. Who was she? Why did she break off pieces of herself and invest her power of creation into men drawn from the real world?

Fuegin burned to know.

* * / *

"My Lord," the servant said, knocking at the door.

Lord Shorvin looked up from his papers. There were rumors that Leo had gone to war with the twins, the two dastardly dungeon builders who had enslaved the dwarves in the Vorianil Mountains which lay to the east. This could easily spill devastation into Lord Shorvin's territory.

He was not happy.

"What is it?" he demanded. "What fresh disaster has befallen us?"

"He's here," the servant said. "The Priests of the Lord and Lady of Darkness have consented to your request. They have finished their rituals and have decided that slaying Leo the Tyrant of Astovin as the first test of their creation."

A shiver ran through Lord Shorvin. "They have sent Anguin?"

The servant nodded. "He awaits you in your audience hall, Lord Shorvin."

The lord rose from his desk, smiling. The reincarnated Anguin. No longer the Paladin of Light but now the Blessed Saint of Darkness. He would be perfect for slaying this dungeon builder. Before his death, Anguin had been the greatest hero of his generation. All had thought he could destroy Fuegin, the Black Flame of Nyias.

Sadly, he had perished in the attempt.

Now that he had been reincarnated, he would wield even greater power. It was a true miracle. Something new. Something that would forever change the balance of power. If their greatest heroes could be reincarnated as Saints, then how could the dungeon builders survive?

The END of Book Two