Dungeon Builder's Harem Book 02 Ch. 44

Story Info
Chapter 44.
3k words
4.79
6.8k
11

Part 79 of the 139 part series

Updated 04/28/2024
Created 08/07/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Forty-Four

Garnet reached the tree line at the end of the meadow. The dwarves were almost on her. They were tearing across the field, so desperate to reach her. She waited as they thundered closer and closer. Her wings spread wide.

"Kweh, heh, heh!" she chortled as they closed the last dozen feet. "You fell into my trap, boys!"

She launched into the air as the first horny dwarf leaped at her. He tried to grab her feet but missed. He landed on his belly and slid into the trunk of a tree. The other dwarves groaned as she flapped her wings and soared over them. She flew fast for the hole. Faster than they could run on flat ground, and they would have to run up the steep slope.

They had descended it fast, but climbing it...

Garnet laughed as she soared to return to the fight and help her family out. She would help them kick that Led's ass. She wanted to whip him and make him kneel and beg for forgiveness. She flapped her wings and then tucked them in low as she hurtled into the tunnel.

She landed and ran.

* * / *

Pain burned in my side. If the Granite Flesh spell hadn't been active, I would have died. That ax would have cut way, way deeper into me. As it was, I was bleeding out fast. Shock shivered through me. My body didn't want to do anything but shiver.

Through chattering teeth, I forced out, "Graven wounds pulse in pain, let the healing of Lord Dumazid flow!"

I burned through more of my magical reserves. It pulled on the Void Crystal. I had expended a lot of it rebuilding my dungeon and summoning monster girls that were too far away to be of any help in this fight.

It was so frustrating.

My side knit together and the afterimage burned into my gaze vanished. I pushed to my feet to finish this fight as the magic mended the worst of the damage. Even Mend Flesh couldn't fully heal a wound that bad, but I wasn't bleeding to death. I could fight.

"Hard and enduring, let--" I started casting Granite Flesh when the ground beneath my feet became slick with ice.

My feet slipped out from beneath me. I slammed on my tailbone with a grunt of pain. My back and head hit the frozen ground a moment later. Fuzzy pain washed over my skull. I blinked against it when a block of ice appeared over my head.

And fell at me.

"Shit!"

* * / *

Hagane just died.

Maya had a moment of hope when she saw the metallic girl rushing at the valkyrie's back only for Led to kill the nerdy and amazing girl.

Now the undine groaned. Maya was dying. It grew harder and harder to hold her arms up and drown the valkyrie. The bitch wasn't getting woozy, either. She had unnatural stamina. Maya didn't know all the abilities of the valkyrie.

The ice formed in Maya's fingers that had flowed into the valkyrie's nose and mouth. Pain tore through them. The frost spread over the valkyrie's deadly and beautiful face. Maya screamed out as the agony ripped at her watery flesh.

The valkyrie bit down hard with her teeth, shattering the icy fingers. Screaming, Maya recoiled, her hands coming free. The valkyrie sucked in a breath. She laughed in cold triumph. She had won. She could breathe again.

"You were good," the valkyrie said. "I respect a woman who fights. You do not give up. I never give up, either."

The valkyrie thrust out her arm holding the sword. It pushed Maya away from the valkyrie, half of the undine's body now frozen. Torment twisted through her. She shuddered, her feet, still flowing water, stepping back.

She stepped on something wooden.

"When I was in the ring, I always fought to my best," the valkyrie said, such exultation on her face.

"Ring?" Maya asked, her watery foot flowing over the wood. It was a handle.

"The wrestling ring," the valkyrie said. "I was Smerta the White Valkyrie. The star of Russian wrestling. I dominated the female division."

"Led's a fan, huh?" groaned Maya as she lifted the pickax with her foot.

"Oh, yes," said Smerta the White Valkyrie. "He would send me so much fan mail. They were such creepy things. But now I understand his greatness. Now I am his woman. The first he brought when he and his brother appeared."

"Wow, lucky you," Maya said. "Get to be your stalker's fuck toy."

"You can serve him, too," said Smerta. "You are fierce. I will ask that he takes you as his concubine."

"Pass!" Maya shouted and kicked her left leg out, her foot holding the pickax, at the side of the valkyrie.

Her left arm lashed out and slammed into the weapon, knocking it to the side. Maya gasped as her surprise attack had failed. The ice surged through her body even colder as the valkyrie laughed. Maya struggled, death moments away.

"Yes, yes, very fierce," Smerta said, her blue eyes almost glowing.

"N-ever... be... his!" Maya screamed, the ice reaching up to her throat.

* * / *

Instinct and training with Usiku saved my life.

I rolled to the side, the slick floor sliding me further out of the way. The ice smashed to the ground and burst into a dozen shards. My heart hammered with adrenaline. My side ached from the half-mended wound.

"Fuck," I growled. "Graven wounds pulse in pain, let the healing of Lord Dumazid flow!"

I healed the rest of the wound, the pain fading. As I did, I slid across the floor. Maya's screams of pain echoed through it. I had to help her and kill Led. No, by killing Led, I would be helping her. Helping us all.

I got clear of the patch of slick ice and growled "Hard and enduring, let the rocks of Lady Ki defend!"

"From above it falls, let the ice of Lord Anshar crush!" Led chanted.

I ducked my head down out of instinct. The ice slammed into my newly armored flesh. It burst off of me, stone cracking from the impact. I grunted and stumbled forward two steps, grabbing the post of the bed, my shoulders aching from the chunk of ice that struck me.

"The sharp gleam of ice, let the icy ax of Lord Anshar fall!"

My head snapped to the right. An ax hurtled from that direction, flashing as it cut through the air. It slammed through the bedpost and struck me in the chest. Ice shattered around me. I grunted, nearly collapsing from the impact. More stone cracks burst over my chest, spilling over my hardened skin. But it held.

For now.

I peered in that corner. I needed to find a way to reveal the invisible asshole and kill him, Maya's screams tearing at my heart.

* * / *

This is it, thought Maya. I'm dead.

"Do not be afraid," Smerta said. "It's your choice if you want to serve Led. He is a good master."

"Good!" burst from Maya's lips, the ice reaching up to her throat. "He... enslaved... those..."

Her freezing water choked off her speech. The ice crystals reached up for her head. Her thoughts would solidify and she would be dead. Leo would have one last ally to help him.

Where were the others? Maya thought. How long did it take to get here? The battle had felt like it had been raging an hour, but was it really just ten or so minutes? That elevator really does take too long.

A shadowy whip cracked about the valkyrie's neck. A hard jerk yanked her back. The sword slid out of Maya's body as Smerta landed on her back. Releasing her sword, her hands shot to her throat, pulling at the shadowy whip.

"Kweh, heh, heh!" chortled Garnet. The succubus stood at the hole dug in by the dwarves. She reeled in the valkyrie, dragging her kicking across the floor.

The valkyrie's sword lay by Maya.

She groaned, her entire body half-frozen. Every movement cut pain through her. She groaned through it and picked up the sword in her left hand, the fingers half-frozen. With a roar, she flung herself down on Smerta, thrusting the point of the sword at the valkyrie's heart.

Maya let the force of her fall slam the sword through the valkyrie's breast, impaling through the expanse of cleavage Smerta's armor left exposed. Her eyes widened, golden eyes fierce. A smile flitted across her lips. They opened to speak but...

The Valkyrie vanished.

"Fuck!" Maya howled. She sagged to the ground, the sword melting out of her grip. It was a part of Smerta. The half-frozen undine crashed on the floor. Ice burst in her. She whimpered as she lay on her side. She stared to her right through the pain.

An ax of ice appeared in that direction and hurtled towards Leo.

* * / *

I dodged the next ice. It came from the other side of the room.

I needed help. Garnet had returned. The valkyrie was down. Maya lived, but for how long. Led was near the vault door. He was moving towards it. The dwarves had badly damaged it. If he got through it, all he had to do was get to the Void Crystal to beat me.

My mother held three dwarves with her roots, standing against the wall out of the way. She was keeping them in check, but they were also thrashing, looking to be in a panic. Where they really a threat now?

Three of them?

"Mom, let them go," I ordered. "Led's by the door. We have to find him."

My mother shot me a glance and then nodded. Her roots came undone around the dwarves. They crawled away and then ran around the edge of the room. My gaze searched for Led. He had gone silent again. Was he at the door yet? Could he open it?

Then my mom ran across the room.

What was she doing?

* * / *

An idea struck Mrs. Zoe Baldwin.

Leo cried out to her, but she ignored her son. The dwarves were rushing for the tunnel to escape. At any minute, Usiku, Paanee, and Baaghi would arrive. They couldn't let Led escape again. He had to be trapped in here.

It was dangerous, but they had to kill him. He was too much a threat to her family. It was more than Garnet and Leo that were her children, it was Maya and Hagane and Halia and even Lana Fulmine. All of the monster girls.

She reached the tunnel mouth, passing her daughter Garnet, and stood in the opening. She thrust her arms wide and then grew her roots. They spread to grow and choke off the escape route. She cast her gaze out at the room.

Led could be anywhere, but he would not escape. Not without killing her. And if he did that, hopefully Garnet or Leo would see where he was at.

"Kill him, Leo!" Mrs. Baldwin shouted.

* * / *

"You have any idea where he is, big bro?" Garnet asked.

Her big brother, on the other side of the room, shook his head. His skin had gone all stony with cracks that ran through him. His eyes kept glancing towards the Vault Door. It was badly damaged. Behind Garnet, her mother was growing to fill the tunnel.

"The sharp gleam of ice, let the icy ax of Lord Anshar fall!"

The chanting came from her right. Out of instinct, the naughty succubus sent her whip slashing in that direction as an ice ax appeared and hurtled right back at her. She struck an invisible form. Led gasped in pain and reeled back.

The ax slammed into Garnet's chest. Pain burst through her. She screamed as she flew back and hit the ground. She whimpered, her blood spilling over her chest. Her wings fluttered. The world grew dark and then...

Souleen was holding her.

* * / *

Pain tore through me as my little sister died.

But I saw right where the spell came from. Night engulfed where it had come from, a choking death for whoever stood there. Led could not have gotten clear in time. I was ready for him, Night Smother on the tip of my tongue.

"The thick night falls, let the enmity of Lord Zuen smother!"

My darkness engulfed the corner, choking him.

"Radiance erupts, let the brilliance of Lord Shamash explode!" screamed in the misty shadows, a spell being cast.

Bright light flashed and devoured my darkness. He was right there.

"Spark of lightning, crackle of electricity, let the wrath of Lord Enlil explode!" I shouted. Lighting hurtled across the room where the light died down.

"Srat'!" Led cursed. The lightning crashed into the wall in a burst of sparks. I had him. I just had to kill him. "The sharp gleam of ice, let the icy ax of Lord Anshar fall!"

"Strong and durable, let the strength of Lord Nabu shield!"

The ice ax struck my shield in a burst of sparks as I advanced. This ended now! He had nowhere to run. It was just me and him. He would pay for what he had done. My mind flicked through the catalog of spells I had.

"From the ground below, let the spikes of Lord Abzu erupt!!" I shouted at where he was at, an Earth spell.

Rock spikes burst out of the ground, missing him. He had to be over there.

"From above it falls, let the ice of Lord Anshar crush!" chanted from that area. I threw myself to the right, dodging the hunk of ice that crashed against the ground where I had been standing.

"Shadows flow and darkness sharpens, let the cunning of Lord Zuen stab!"

* * / *

Maya crawled across the ground, her body thawing. She came closer and closer to where Led was casting from. She had seen that ice ax that killed Garnet and the flash of light. A dark dagger slammed into the wall near there, Leo casting his spells.

Maya pushed herself up and staggered to her feet. She could ignore the pain. She was close, feet away. A man chanted right before her, his voice thick and heavy. She had him. She could almost picture the Russian bastard before her.

"Blinding brilliance hardened, let the light of Lord Shamash cut!"

Roaring, she threw herself at him.

A blade of blinding and dazzling light appeared in the air and swung at Maya. She gasped as it cut through her watery body and struck the ice in her. Shards shattered, ripping through her flesh. The light burst around her, blinding her eyes somewhere.

She landed on him. She hugged Led with her watery body. She squeezed tight about him as he cursed in shock. He was a negative void, her half-frozen body outlined just where he was. He cursed in Russian.

"Kill him, Leo!" Maya screamed.

"The sharp gleam of ice, let the icy ax of Lord Anshar fall!"

* * / *

"From the ground below, let the spikes of Lord Abzu erupt!" I shouted as an ax appeared and flashed at me.

I twisted my body to the side. The ax clipped my stone-hardened shoulder and flipped me around. I spun and hit the ground as the rock spike burst out of the ground right where Maya had Led wrapped up. A sickening crunching and then a painful scream.

"Zasranets!" Led spat. "Radiance erupts, let the brilliance of Lord Shamash explode!"

A bright flash of light burst from him. My eyes burned from it. I screamed through the pain. I couldn't see anything, dazzled by him. But I didn't need to see. Not any longer. Maya held him tight. She had him immobilized. The rock spike had impaled part of him.

"Hard and unyielding, let the steel of Lord Nabu attack!" I snarled, picturing where Maya held him.

I couldn't see, but I heard the length of steel slam through Maya's watery form. A splash and then a crash of ice followed by a crunch of ribs breaking. Led screamed and then wheezed. I blinked against my burning vision.

"The sharp gleam of ice, let the icy ax of Lord Anshar fall!" he roared, his voice thundering through the room.

He wanted to finish me off.

The ax struck my chest, bursting across my flesh. But I had his brother's powers. I had taken Ziamili's glyphs, and they protected me against Led's attack. I stood there strong and focused on where he stood, visualizing it perfectly.

"Water's crushing weight surround, feel the grasp of Lord Enki squeeze!"

The spell I should have cast earlier. I had a lot of them. It was hard to think in battle. To know how to react. Things were chaotic. Attacks came from every direction. I just had to react. But now... Now, this was perfect.

Water engulfed him and Maya. It was her home. She would be just fine in it. I mended my vision, my magic almost out. I would need my Void Crystal to draw in more and restore it. As my sight returned, I saw a thrashing shape in the ball of water, his invisible flesh outlined in it. He thrashed and then...

He went still.

I groaned as pain seared into my chest. The Ice and Light Runes carved into my flesh. I staggered, from the weight of it. I let the spell go. The water vanished and a body appeared. Led slammed to the ground, bloody and battered.

The door burst in and Usiku, Paanee, and Baaghi stumbled into the room, looking around at the destruction. My fomorian's shadow blade lowered as she gasped at the sight. Paanee hissed, the naga looking around. Maya groaned on the ground, ice shards in her body.

I staggered to her. I had power again. Magic I'd gained from killing Led. I planted my hand on her chest and I cast the spell. The ice melted from her body. All but a few shards of it. The pain relaxed on her face.

"Leo," she groaned and then threw her arms around my neck and kissed me.

"What did we miss, Lord Leo?" Baaghi asked.