Dungeon Builder's Harem Book 03 Ch. 44

Story Info
Chapter 44.
1.3k words
4.76
2.4k
5

Part 124 of the 138 part series

Updated 04/25/2024
Created 08/07/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Forty-Four

"No!" gasped Lana Fulmine. Her number one fan was in trouble.

Lightning crackled across her wings. The movie starlet unleashed her fear. Her electricity slammed down before Anguin. He flinched from it, forcing him back from cutting down Leo. Lana Fulmine let out a gasp of relief.

Feya, giggling, flitted by and swung her wand. A beam of light soared at him. His portal of darkness appeared and swallowed her light. And then spat it back out and cut through her butterfly wing. She screamed in pain and crashed to the ground. She rolled and landed, whimpering.

Not dead.

Anguin continued rushing at Leo.

* * / *

Garnet's stomach churned with fear for her big brother.

A dazzling sword slashed at Anguin. It forced the bastard to stop his charge. Leo snagged up his spear and then rushed in with it, his robes flapping behind him.

What is he doing? thought Garnet. She conjured a dildo of shadows and hurtled it at Anguin's head.

The blow distracted him. The bastard staggered just for a moment. Leo's spear buried into the monster's chest. It rammed through Anguin and burst out his back. Electricity crackled, discharging into the monstrous man.

"Yes!" Garnet chortled. "Kweh, heh, heh!"

Leo thrust his hand out. "Cold and hungry, let the power of Lord Nergal consume!"

Anguin screamed in pain as her big brother killed him. Such joy surged through Garnet. This had to be it. This had to finally be over. So many were dead. Halia might even be one. She lay still. Unmoving.

Anguin slammed his fist into the side of Leo's head. The blow threw her big brother to the ground. Garnet gasped as he rolled back to his feet, his jaw dislocated. But not for long. The wound healed itself as Leo rose. He spat blood.

Anguin ripped the spear from his chest and threw it at Leo. Her big brother caught the spear. As he did, Anguin slashed his sword. A blade of darkness hurtled at Leo. There was no time to dodge it. The night slammed into his side. It cut deep into him. Blood spurted from the wound and matted his robes.

"NOOOOO!" Garnet shouted.

The succubus landed beside her brother as he staggered. She stared at the rent in his robes and then gasped. The wound was healing. It should have killed her brother. He was human. That nearly cut him in half, but his skin was mending.

Leo rushed at him while chanting, "Radiance erupts, let the brilliance of Lord Shamash explode!"

A brilliant flash of light burst between them. Garnet flinched from it, her eyes nearly blinded by it. She blinked to see Anguin staggering. Leo thrust with his spear. Anguin managed to just parry. Her big brother didn't let up.

He stabbed hard, driving Anguin back. Her brother had practiced, practiced, and practiced with his weapon. His skill had improved so much. Garnet quivered. Her red wings fluttered behind her, and her tail slashed back and forth.

"Go, big bro, go!" she cheered, her pigtails flying.

Darkness met the silvery spear while words spilled from Leo's mouth.

* * / *

Darkness relented.

The pain throbbed at the back of her head. She groaned at the feel of grass beneath her cheek. The blades itched at her. Bile crept up the back of her throat. She opened her eyes, dazed. Confused. She struggled to remember what was going on.

My father... is trying... to destroy Astovin.

Memories crashed into the groggy Halia. She shuddered and pushed up on her hands and knees. She shook her head and looked around. Feya lay whimpering on the ground nearby. In the air, Lana Fulmine flew. Garnet was bouncing with excitement while...

Lord Leo fought with Halia's father.

Light burst before Leo. Anguin stumbled back, snarling. Leo stabbed, burying his blade into the monstrous thing that pretended to be her father. Halia groaned and pressed up. She shook her head. Pain pounded at the rear of her skull.

Her sword lay nearby. She snagged it.

Leo ripped his spear free. Anguin battered it to the side and flowed inside Leo's guard. Halia watched in horror as the inky sword of Anguin punched through Leo's chest and out his back. Horror slammed into Halia.

"NOOOO!" roared from her lips. "Lady Sherida, you have chosen to help him! You have made me your champion and his! Let me save him. I am the wielder of the Blessed Sword of Light! Let it shine with my love. Let me save Leo and banish this dark and corrupt version of my father! Let me free your loyal servant from the grip of the Lord and Lady of Darkness!"

Her humming sword exploded with light. A beam shot into the sky, driving back the night. Daylight spread across the battlefield. Anguin ripped his sword from Leo's chest and whirled to face her.

She charged at him as he flinched before the brilliance of the blade he once wielded. She crossed the ground in seconds. He slashed his sword at her. A blade of night hurtled at her, but it melted away before it could reach her. The light from her sword was too powerful to allow darkness to exist.

She slammed her sword through his chest. It burst out his back.

He stared into her eyes. His blade fell from his fingers. Cracks erupted in his skin. Light burst from them. The brilliance of her blade tore apart the darkness in him. He trembled, such pain twisting his face. But she would not relent.

"H-Halia," he croaked, seeing her. These were not the eyes of the monster, but her father.

"I'm here, Father," she cried. "I'm here!"

"W-what am I doing?" He looked at her with bewilderment. "They... they wanted me to kill... to kill my home... To kill you!"

"I know, Father." Tears streamed down her chest as more light burst out of his body.

"The gods..." he croaked. "They're... they're... DEMONS!"

"What?" she gasped.

He staggered towards her, sliding his body down her blade. He hugged her. Kissed her on the forehead. She shuddered in his embrace, the tears pouring down her cheeks. Emotion strangled her throat.

"You grew up, Halia," he groaned. "Oh, how you have grown up. You're so brilliant. You're banishing the darkness from me."

"I know, Father," she wailed, her free arm hugging him back. The light had almost consumed him.

"Love you... Halia..."

The light erupted from every bit of him. It dissolved him. His arms melted from her. She felt his soul rising from her. The light of her blade went out. Night returned to the green. Her knees sagged.

She collapsed to the grass and sobbed.

* * / *

Maya raced the last block to the green. She burst out onto it to see...

Halia crying on her hands and knees. There was no sign of Anguin. Garnet held Leo, his arm around her shoulder like he leaned against her. Lana Fulmine flew through the air. There were no signs of the others.

"Halia!" Maya ran towards the sobbing paladin.

The undine fell to her knees, waves washing through her body from the jolting impact. She lifted the crying human. Halia threw her arms around Maya and buried her face into the nape of the undine's neck.

"I saved him, Maya!" wailed Halia. "I saved my father."

"You did," Maya said, rocking her. "Yes, you did."

Lana landed and joined the hug, her wings crackling. Then Leo and Garnet reached them, his robes tattered and stained in blood. He fell to his knees and hugged them both. He held them all tight as Halia cried.

We've won, thought Maya, feeling stunned. She had missed most of it. Shame rippled through her. Everyone else had fought and died. She felt utterly useless.