E-Written: The Sleeping Beauty

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her heart broke as she understood all of that in a split second before he blocked his emotions from her and led her to a blanket in the clearing. He pulled her to lay down and she pulled back and sat up, looking down at him. She looked over his face, running her fingers over it as she looked, finding every pleasant thing she saw in him and letting it fill her heart and eyes. She leaned close and kissed his lips, focusing only on how soft and full his lips were and how good they felt. She pulled back, smiling down at him as she stroked his face. "My beautiful dragon god..." she whispered, looking into his eyes. "I cannot fathom why you would choose me. Of all the women in the world you could have worshipping you and you chose me? I am not worthy of you, but I am honored. I only hope I can make you happy."

His smile was more than pleased as he looked up at her. He pulled her to his chest and laid there holding her, stroking her arm and back and she filled herself to the brim with how good it felt and how content and comfortable she was, not allowing a single other thought into her mind. Only him, only the things she loved about him.

She did not know she could sleep in a dream until she was waking up still in the clearing. He held her hand and walked with her and she talked to him, laughing and teasing lightly, constantly touching him.

She didn't know how long they spent in the dream, but it felt like an eternity went by as they wandered the forest, curled in next to each other and slept and talked. She kept expecting him to take her, but he never did. He seemed content enough to just have someone to talk to and be with.

She woke in the nest, her stomach growling audibly. Ephram sat up and looked down at her, his eyes full of... fearful expectation. She smiled at him and reached up, touching his face gently. "That was... beautiful," she said softly. "Thank you."

His eyes lost the fear and he gave her a nod and got up. "I will bring back food," he said before going to the edge and changing.

Aurora got up and went to the men, but they were still asleep. They didn't seem to be in tortured sleep though, sleeping peacefully. She felt Torsten and he felt more than warm enough pressed between the other two.

She went back to where Ephram had left her and curled up to wait, but her mind was racing. He wasn't a bad person, just so lonely and heartbroken. Maybe she could convince him to let the others go? She would have to try.

Ephram returned, dropping a bundle near her before shifting and dropping on the opposite side. When he did, the other men woke, sitting up and looking around. She opened the bundle and started laying out the food. "Come eat!" she called.

The three of them approached cautiously, keeping an eye on Ephram who was standing behind her as if he were guarding her. They sat and ate quietly, Torsten still looking wide eyed and spooked.

"Aren't you going to eat?" she asked Ephram.

"I do not eat. Hurry and finish, wife, there is something I wish to give you."

"Like... a gift?"

"Yes. A gift. A large gift."

Aurora felt hope surge in her that he might be about to let the others go. She hurried and got up, wrapped up in her blanket and looking up at him in adoration. He was going to let them go! She was pleased that he had thought to do it himself before she had to ask.

He led her away from the others and turned her so they could not see her, then laid her down. "This gift I am giving you, wife... it is both a blessing and a curse, but I need for you to have it now. I will not wait. Do you understand?"

"I think so?" she answered, a little confused. Did he think sending the others away would hurt her?

He leaned in close and kissed her gently, then parted her blanket and reached down, rolling his fingers over her bud. She was surprised and confused, but she shoved that away quickly as she took firm hold of the pleasure and brought it to the front of her mind.

"Oh!" she breathed, then pulled him close for another kiss as he worked her clit, getting her wet. As soon as she was slick, he rolled onto her and pushed into her, then held himself there as he threw his head back. She felt warmth suffuse her from head to toe, then heat. Heat so hot she felt as though it was about to burn her! She screamed, but it was suddenly over as he dropped down, panting. He looked down at her, stroking her cheek lovingly before he began moving his hips and making love to her. She closed her eyes, letting the pleasure take over and not focusing on what had just happened.

He jerked and stopped and she opened her eyes in time to see Heinral savagely jerking his small knife across Ephram's throat.

"NOOOOOO!" she screamed as Amir and Torsten yanked him back by his arms while Heinral dragged the knife as deep as he could across Ephram's throat.

Ephram jerked away, his eyes wide in shock as he staggered to his feet, holding his ruined throat. He turned and as soon as he did, Amir and Torsten barreled into him, knocking him back to stumble over the edge and down. There was no scream, just a sickening crunch.

"NOOOOO!" Aurora screamed again, looking down at the blood all over her in horror.

"Shhhh, little love, you are ok!" Heinral whispered, taking hold of her face and wiping the blood away. "It is over, we will get you out of here now. Torsten, take her over there and help her clean up while Amir and I find a way for us to get down!"

Torsten picked her up and carried her to the opposite side of the nest while Heinral and Amir began slicing blankets into strips and tying them together.

Aurora let Torsten hold her while she sobbed brokenly in his arms and he wiped all the blood away.

Hours later, Heinral and Amir came and knelt next to her. "We have a rope ladder made, do you think you can climb down?" Heinral asked.

"No! No, I am afraid of heights."

"I know, that's why I asked. It's ok Little One, I can get you down. Amir will go first and make sure it is safe and can hold our weight, then us, then Torsten, ok? It is not so far as we thought. I lit a cushion and tossed it down and it's not that far of a climb. We threw down the rest of the cushions but one, just in case the ropes break. Torsten will light the last and toss it down before he comes down so we can use the rest as torched to find our way out of here. Ok? Does that sound like a plan to you?"

"What about the servants?"

"We will come back for them. They have food and warmth, we will return, or send people for them anyway. They will be saved, I promise you. Are you ready?"

"I... I guess so," she whispered, her heart still broken.

"What happened?" Amir asked, hesitating as Heinral stood. "What did he do to you?"

"I don't know. I think... I think maybe he planted his seed in me... gave me his child."

Heinral knelt again, touching her face. "It's alright little one, if he has then it will be taken care of. Come now, let's get you home," he said gently and pulled her to her feet.

They had saved back a long strip to bind her to Heinral as she clung to his neck. She hid her face in his neck the whole way down. When they reached the bottom, Amir untied her, then lifted her and held her, draping the strip over her to partially cover her.

"Once he is down, we can untie more and cover you better. No! Do not look over there," he hissed as Heinral moved away from them.

Aurora did look as Heinral gripped Ephram's hair and pulled back, using his small knife to saw off his head. He tossed it away from the body, then cleaned the knife on once of the cushions. "That is one dragon that should not be terrorizing anyone anymore," he said gently, putting a hand on her arm. "Are you alright?"

"Yes," she answered numbly.

They all turned as a noise scraped behind them. The body was transforming, turning back into a dragon. Even the head across the cavern transformed. It lay still, still dead, but in his true form now. Aurora looked away, laying her head on Amir's shoulder.

When they made it to the entrance, she wore Leonoras dress, promising to send it back when they returned for the others. Stepping out into the daylight made her blink. Torsten was holding her now, all of them saying she had no shoes and could not walk without them. They would take turns carrying her down the mountain.

It turned out they didn't need to. There was a small camp just off the mouth of the cave with four soldiers and a dozen horses who said they had been stationed there in case they were able to get away. They were all Heinral's men.

She rode down with them and the escort, feeling sad and heartbroken still. She felt better when she got to hug her father and even when Phillip yanked her up an a hug and shed tears.

They sent a dozen men up to the mountain to get the others.

After a night of feasting and celebrating, Amir stood. "We need to settle this now. Aurora has agreed to return home with me, be my wife."

"She is going with me," Heinral said, standing.

"She made me a promise!"

"I say we have another tourney!" Torsten called, his face red.

"If we go by tourney results, I already won," Heinral said with a gallic shrug.

Aurora stood as well. "I believe I should have some small say in this," she said softly, her cheeks burning with shame and anger.

"No," Amir snapped. "You swore an oath to me, did you not?"

"I don't think oaths in dreams under a dragon's compulsion are binding," she answered tersely. "You... you were worse than Ephram when it came to using me for what you wanted. You have no care for me at all save for the prestige my name adds to yours. No, Amir. I will not go back with you."

"You made a promise! Does your word mean so little? I demand you keep your word! I call you to account!"

"She is right!" Torsten snapped. "If she was forced to say it in a dream the dragon was giving her, it does not count. She has to agree while awake and in her own right mind."

"I agree with this," her father agreed. "Torsten would make you a fine match, Aurora," he said to her, more gently.

"Torsten is a good man, he had a care for others and pleaded for their safety and comfort, but I do not feel that way for him. Not at all. I am sorry, Torsten."

"You are refusing to marry?" her father asked. "Aurora, you..."

"No, I am not refusing. Heinral was good to me, he took care of me and never pressed his advantage. He was always gentle and considerate. If I must marry, I choose him."

"It cannot happen, Aurora, do you know who he is?"

"I am well aware. I know he is the man who saved me, he is the man who cared for me and made sure I was always comforted when I needed it. He is a gentle and loving soul."

"He is our enemy!"

"Not any more. Together he and I can forge a peace. I choose Heinral."

There were a lot of whispers and confused noises as Heinral came around the table to take her hand and smile down at her.

"Aurora!" her father said angrily. "He slew the dragon and saved you so we let him stay and eat in peace, but he is our sworn enemy! He came to kidnap you and take you as a hostage!"

"He never would have harmed me," she answered, looking up at Heinral. "I will not be dissuaded. If I must marry, it will be to him."

"And if I say you do not have to marry?" her father asked.

"Then I would know you were lying. You would wait until he was gone, then force me to marry Torsten or Amir. I have made up my mind, father. Be happy for me and allow this peace between us, or lose me forever."

"And if I refuse to let him take you?"

"Will you imprison me, father? Hold me captive? Allow me this happiness. Be glad I have found someone who will make me happy. Someone who I wish to make happy. The war will end, there will be peace. That is a tremendous blessing, father. I do not need your permission or your blessing. I have chosen. I will invite you to the wedding," she said, turning and walking away. She was tense, waiting for someone to stop her as Heinral walked next to her. She stopped a servant and ordered all of her things packed up and taken to his ship, then left the castle.

It was Phillip who caught up to her, grabbing her arm. "Aurora! Please... you can stay here! Marry me. Your father would allow it, especially now. I love you Aurora! I would be a good husband to you!"

"No, Phillip. I love you too, but as I love my brother. I could never see you any other way. I am not doing this to spite my father or anyone... I care for him and I know he cares for me. He is someone I know I will grow to love and will come to love me as well. And... I want away from here, Phillip. Away from that mountain and reminders of what happened in there."

"Aurora..."

"Goodbye my friend," she said gently, then turned and left. She walked into the village below and headed towards the docks, taking Heinrals arm. After several long minutes, she spoke again. "I... don't really know the way or which ship is yours," she whispered.

He chuckled and began leading her to his ship. His men cheered as he led her onboard and he paused to speak to the captain. "Her things are being brought, Captain Belden, once they are aboard, we sail with the tide. Her father or someone might come to speak to her or say farewell. Allow them aboard and come for me, I will bring her out."

"Yes highness," the man said quickly.

Heinral led her into a cabin on the top deck of the ship and lit a lamp, then led her to the bed. "Lay down and sleep my little love. I will be right here if you need me."

"You aren't tired?" she asked, slipping her shoes off to lay down.

"Of course. I will sleep here in this chair."

"There is room in the bed and I think we are past that sort of modesty. I trust you."

He smiled and leaned over her, kissing her on the head. "Perhaps we are, but I will still treat you like the queen you are. Sleep my love. I will be here."

"I... I am a little afraid to be alone," she whispered.

His face softened and he knelt and stroked her cheek. "Then of course I will hold you. I will keep you safe the rest of our days. A moment."

He stood and pulled off his clothes, then climbed into bed next to her after blowing out the lamp. He held her against him for the entire trip back across the ocean.

The wedding was small, but perfect to her as they stood out in the snow and spoke the words. Her father had not answered the invitation, but a tentative peace had been forged.

The days passed, then weeks. She knew after a few months that she was not pregnant, and she feared what was going to happen to her.

Years passed and Heinral doted on her and spoiled her, ever the loving and gentle husband. When she did not produce him an heir, he only smiled and told her he was happy to let his brother's oldest take the throne.

Twenty years later, his younger brother returned after ten years away, she discovered what Ephram had done.

"Heinral, your hair is more white than brown! Aurora... you look exactly the same! Not a bit different than when you were wed. It's... almost unsettling that you look exactly as you did when I met you all those years ago."

Heinral gave his brother a tight smile and led her to the grand hall for the feast. She sat in stunned silence.

Halfway into the meal, she looked up at her husband and his gentle face and adoring smile. "How long have you known?" she asked softly.

"I began suspecting a few years in. I became sure several years ago when you were so upset about that dark pink dress wearing out in the elbows. Most women cannot fit in a dress that long, they change, gain weight, grow out of them. You have not changed from the slip of a thing you always were. And you have not aged a bit. Not one wrinkle or line, your hair the same beautiful brown."

"How... how long do you think I will be this way?" she asked breathlessly, fearfully.

"Forever," he said with a sad smile. "A blessing and a curse. Have no fears my love. I know what you are thinking."

"I don't want to watch people I love die while I keep living!"

"I know. That was why I said nothing. Your heart could not take it. Please, my love. Do not live in fear of it, we will be happy until the end of my days."

She nodded, but her heart was broken all over again.

They lived in happiness for another ten years. Heinral was training his nephew with a sword and was bit by something when he reached under a woodpile to get the practice lathe he had knocked from his nephew's hand. The healers said it was a spider and it would be fine, but it got infected and he died the next day.

Aurora could not stay. Her heart hurt too badly. She abdicated to her brother in law and left, sailing back home. She hugged her younger brother who was more than a man grown now with his wife and children. He stared at her in shock.

"You... you are exactly as I remember you! You... have not aged a single day!"

"It was just the weather there," she lied with a smile. "I want to meet my nephews and nieces!"

Phillip came and found her as soon as he found out she was back, pulling her into a hug, then holding her out and staring at her. "You..."

"I know," she said quickly. "How have you been? I heard you were married?"

"I was... she died in childbed. Aurora... you look..."

"I know. I am sorry to hear that, I was not told."

"It was long ago."

"You did not remarry?"

"Having my heart broken twice is enough for me."

"Your red hair is almost white now! I guess I can't tease you about it anymore. Come on and sit down, tell me what has been happening. John only talks about his wife and kids as if he is hiding something important from me."

"No one has told you?"

"Told me what?"

"You remember Amir?"

"Yes, of course."

"When he went home, I guess he let his anger at you spurning him grow and fester. Not a year after you left, they started pushing at our borders, sacking towns and villages. Taking slaves, killing anyone who fought. We sent troops, but they have never stopped, pushing in further and further anywhere our lines grow weak. Word is they are setting up for a larger assault, he is ammassing a true army."

"Just because I said no to him?" she asked incredulously.

"You insulted him and his kingdom, he said. Choosing an enemy over him, and your father slighted him for allowing it to happen. He was very vicious in the things he said about you, the things he said they did to you. They all did to you and... you did for them."

"Did he also say that most of that was in dreams unless he was forcing himself on me?" she asked angrily. "Ephram could control dreams!"

"Torsten told us. He told us how you saved him and even Leonora. Aurora... gods you are so beautiful still! I can't get over how you look exactly the same! Are... are you staying now?"

"I thought to, at least for a while. It will be good to have my friend back," she said with a smile, being very clear about how she felt. She knew that look in his eyes and she didn't want him to get any ideas.

Aurora stayed. She watched Phillip and her brother and his family grow old and die, then their family as well until she was all that was left in the royal line. Amir was long dead, but his descendants refused to let up, always harrying their borders.

She felt alone as she ruled, not allowing anyone to get close. She hated watching those she cared for get old and die. The night she held her brother as he died, she had gone to her rooms and slit her own wrists. They healed almost immediately. She threw herself onto a sword, but she did not die. Fire did not harm her. She stopped eating, but only realized she no longer needed food to live. She knew that the only thing that would work was beheading, like had been done to Ephram.

After so long alone, she stood in her tower room and looked down on the kingdom, then up at the mountain. She wondered if his bones were still there.