Eighteen Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's your dime, girlfriend."

Nicole pulls into the gas station, and I get out to start pumping. She is so lucky. When she turned sixteen, her parents gave her a car of her very own. When I turned sixteen and asked my parents for a car, they told me I didn't need one and that if there was an emergency, I could use the family car. Yeah...emergencies...lame. The only time they let me use the car is when Mom sends me to the grocery store to get something at the last minute.

My eyes wander around as I wait for Nicole's tank to fill and see something I just can't believe. My eyes water, and my breathing hitches. I get light-headed and panic. Brad is at the fast-food dive across the street, sitting at a table with some blonde girl. The pump clicks off, and I put the nozzle back on the pump, grab the receipt and jump in the car, slamming the door.

"Hey, easy on the door!"

"I...I...Look!" I can't get a sentence out. All I can do is point at Brad and the blonde bimbo.

"What am I looking at? What's wrong with you?"

I sit there shaking my finger, trying to get her to look, tears streaming down my face. My disbelief turns to rage, and I want to rip both of their faces off.

"Look! Across the street, sitting at the table."

"Holy shit! Is that Brad with Stacy MacClune?"

Just then, Brad leans over and gives that blonde bitch a kiss. On the lips! I can't breathe; all I can do is sit there; my face turns red as tears stream down my face.

"That bitch! Isn't she the one who tried to get us to be cheerleaders our freshmen year?" I ask.

"Yeah, that's her."

"Drive over there. I'm going to kill them."

"Uhm, I'll drive over there, but you can't kill anyone. Just verbally abuse them some."

"Hrrr!"

I'm so mad; my whole body is shaking. I get some tissues out of my purse, wipe my eyes and cheeks, and make sure my makeup isn't running as Nicole traverses traffic and pulls into the fast food joint's parking lot. Then, jumping out of the car before it stops, I stomp my way over to where that asshole and bitch are sitting. Rearing back, I slap him across the face as hard as I can.

I'm furious when I say, "Fuck off, Brad! You think just because you're some hot shit football player, you can treat women like dirt. We're done!" I slap him again and turn my back as he sits there with his hands out like he doesn't know what he's done wrong.

I get back in Nicole's car, and she chirps her tires as we drive away.

"That's it, I'm done with guys, fuck them!" I tell Nicole.

We go back to my house, and I storm up to my room with Nicole right behind me.

"You can't give up on guys just because of one asshole," Nicole says.

"Oh, yes, I can. I swear, Nicole, I will not have a boyfriend for...well, I don't know how long, but it won't be anytime soon."

"Look, guys are a dime a dozen. All you have to do is bat your eyes, and you'll have another one at your heels begging to just talk with you."

"I don't want to talk to any guys. I don't want to date any guys. I don't even want to see another guy, as long as I live."

"That's a bit drastic, don't you think?"

"No!"

"C'mon, what about our senior year. What about Prom? You can't show up there all by yourself; that would be pathetic. Besides, that'll tell Brad that you can't get anyone else but him, and you don't want that."

"Fuck Brad. He can think what he wants. He doesn't matter to me anymore. If you were smart, you'd break up with Jim before he breaks your heart too."

"Jims not going to break my heart because I'm not in love with him. We're just having some fun, that's all."

"C'mon, break up with him, and you and I can hang out full time, no idiot guys around."

"Not going to happen, sister. You wouldn't be nearly as much fun to make out with! Sorry."

"Hrmph!"

We're sitting on my bed cross-legged, having this conversation, and I'm mentally exhausted. I fall forward onto my crossed forearms and sob while Nicole runs her hands through my hair, trying to calm me down. It doesn't work.

Tuesday, September 8th

It's been a little over two weeks since I broke up with Brad. I'm still pissed at him, but I have a whole new outlook on life, no boyfriends my senior year. I'll tease them, I'll tempt them, but I sure as hell am not going to date any of them. Instead, I'm going to focus on my studies and get straight A's. I want to have the option to get into any college I apply for and have some fun. I got a part-time job to have a little spending money of my own and to have a good excuse to say no to anyone that asks me out.

Right now, though, I have only one thought on my mind; to look picture perfect on the first day of my senior year. This will be the best year of school ever with no distractions, only fun.

I look in the mirror to make sure my hair and makeup are just right. I purse my lips and blow myself a kiss. I have thirty minutes before Nicole gets here, plenty of time to eat breakfast and finish getting ready. Turning around, I look at my ass and legs in my new black pencil skirt. I decide to wear my heels to school even though I know my feet will be killing me by the end of the day. I want Brad drooling when he sees me. I bend over and look in the mirror to see how high my dress rides up. Perfect, just below my butt cheeks. I think I'll drop something right in front of that asshole and bend over to pick it up. Eat your heart out, Brad Jackass Richmond.

I check my fingernails against my lipstick to make sure they're a perfect match, and with my heels slung over my shoulder, I bounce downstairs.

"Wow, you look spectacular," Mom says as I enter the kitchen.

"Thanks!" I walk over to her and give her a faux kiss on the cheek. I don't want to leave any lipstick on her cheek.

"You're going to wear heels?"

"Yeah. I know...I know. They're going to kill my feet, but I want to be perfect when Brad sees me. I want him to know exactly what he threw away."

"That poor guy's going to pass out while hyperventilating. You think that's fair?"

"Fair? The only thing that would be fair is if he dropped dead!"

"Now, dear..."

"I know, Mom. Sorry. I'll lighten up."

Nicole honks her horn as I finish my toast and juice, and I give Mom another faux kiss, grab my things, and leave.

Nicole and I pull up to the school, and she parks in the student lot--senior section. This year, we have two classes together; our first period--chemistry, and our last period--dance. I don't need the dance class to graduate, just like I don't need the woodworking class I'm taking, but I think they'll be fun, and that's what my senior year is going to be, fun. We get to our chemistry class a little early and pick our seats; we're next to each other in neighboring rows, so we can pass notes back and forth, and nobody will see us. Usually, at the beginning of the year, a required class like this is full, but not ours. A few empty seats are scattered around the room, and one of those is behind me, which I'm super happy about. Nobody to tap me on the shoulder asking for help.

The day cruises along, and before I know it, it's time for lunch. I'm walking down the hall and see Brad standing by the lockers, surrounded by some teammates and a few cheerleaders. I look past him, trying not to notice his muscles bulging from under his shirt. Why is he still so cute?

"Heyyyy, Christina...lookin' good," he says to me as he gives me a wolf-whistle. I just keep walking without breaking my stride and ignore him. Loser.

The first day of school ends, and I leave my dance class and walk towards the parking lot. I'm stopped by some friends as I walk down the hallway, and we catch up on what we did over the summer, and I get more than a few compliments on my tan. I've spent a lot of time in our pool this summer, getting a healthy shade of brown. Nicole is in her car, waiting for me. How'd she get here so fast?

"Nicole, would you mind dropping me off at work?"

"Sure thing, babe. Anything for you. Jim and I are going to meet at the ice cream shop, and you're right on the way."

After work, Nicole is in the parking lot waiting for me. She drives to my house, and we go inside to goof around a little before she has to go home. We greet my parents as we run up the stairs to my bedroom. I sit on my bed while Nicole sits in my desk chair, and we project how we think the year will go.

"I bet you'll have a boyfriend before the year is out," Nicole teases me.

"No way. Guys are idiots, and besides, there's nobody at school I want to date. There is no way I'm getting tied down this year. Freedom, girlfriend, freedom--that's what this year is all about."

We start laughing as Nicole tells me she has to get home. We bound down the stairs, and I give her a hug before she leaves. After the door shuts, I spin around on my toes to head to the living room to join my parents and give them a report on the first day of my senior year.

12