Empire of Vampires: Physical Limits

Story Info
Some thoughts on the abilities of vampires.
1.4k words
4.8
2.3k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vampire powers

How strong can a vampire be?

Humans have bones and tendons. With 150 N/mm^2(MPa) compressive strength or 50 N/mm^2 (MPa) tensile strength for the tendons.

The strongest material imaginable so far is carbon nanotubes. This has a tensile strength of up to 63,000 MPa. Diamonds, on the other hand, have a compressive strength of around 60,000 MPa.

Accordingly, it is conceivable that vampires have bones 400 times stronger and 1000 times more power. Since the structure is not perfect, because it is biological (especially because gaps for repair/growth/energy supply must remain and all damages have a cumulative effect) I'm assuming a factor of 100.

The starting point is a well-trained person.

What is possible with 100 times more strength?

-Cars can be lifted, but trucks can't. Throwing cars works, but not very well.

-Jumps can be accelerated a hundredfold with 100 times the force, but only 10 times the height. Correspondingly. Ten-metre-high houses can be reached with one jump, but not much more than that. A fall from any great height is no problem.

-Speed: 10 times the speed of a human being, i.e. 400 km/h sprint and 200 km/h long distance.

-Cuffs must have a hundred times the cross-section/10 times the diameter to hold. Steel cables about 1 cm (0.4 inch) thick should hold.

Nutrition

How much blood does a vampire need and how many donors?

Blood has about 760 kcal/liter

A normal person needs about 2000-3000 kcal/day

Endurance athletes up to 8000kcal/day

With the same energy consumption as a normal human, a vampire needs 3-4 litres of blood per day.

The 100-fold power described above can only be used for a short period of time, because otherwise a consumption of 300-400 liters of blood per day instead of 3-4 liters would result.

Let's say 7 litres/day (5000 kcal) are realistic for intensive sports. At approx. 500 ml/dispenser, correspondingly approx. 14 donors per day are required.

How much blood can a person donate?

The recommendation for blood donors is a maximum of about 3L/year

Can you get more? Red blood cells only live for 4 months or, in other words, 15-18 litres of blood are produced each year.

With good treatment, nutrition and intensive use of vampire saliva that stimulates blood formation, perhaps 30 litres/year are possible. Such donors can therefore donate blood about 1xweek.

Accordingly, about 85 people are needed to supply one vampire. Untreated donors would be 850 needed. For the time being, I am setting up 200 adult donors per vampire.

Throughout the story, 1000 humans/vampires are used, so that there are safety reserves and old/children/sick people are included. But this only becomes relevant when vampires have established themselves as a species and one wants to estimate how many vampires can be cared for in a given human population.

Senses

Reaction time:

Nerve cells communicate with a voltage of about 60 mV

In an ideal conductor this corresponds to 139 km/s

However, human nerve fibres have only about 100 m/s

It is conceivable that vampires can react about a thousand times faster than humans with a comparable energy input in the nerve cells. Thinking processes can also be faster.

Eyes:

100 nm-10,000 nm

10,000 nm corresponds approximately to infrared radiation of 16.5 degrees Celsius(62F).

100 nm correspond to strong ultraviolet radiation. For comparison:

(for humans) visible light ranges from 400 to 750 nm

Brightness: Humans can distinguish light/dark with single photons. For colors about 200 photons are needed. I allow vampires the color perception even with 10 photons.

Due to an improved brain they should be able to see stars during the day.

Ears:

Humans can hear from 16 Hz to 20 kHz.

Bats can hear up to 200 kHz

Ultrasound in medicine on 1 MHz - 40 MHz.

Infrasound can be heard in some large mammals even at a few Hz.

Vampires: 1Hz-1 Mhz

I use for sense of smell and taste for much more than with humans, comparable with dogs. (Factor 1000 compared to humans)

Tactile sense a little stronger.

Brain

Higher thinking speed (because of faster neurons).

Permanent full processing of all sensory impressions possible.

Very high intelligence in all areas. Comparable to the best people in the field

Inventiveness: rarely used. Only used in a few exceptional cases. Vampires are ideal warriors but not scientists.

Learning speed: one read/try is enough. Due to better senses and faster brain, a book can be flipped through and read in seconds. If the textbook is well structured, it can be understood directly. Very complex subjects naturally require more time to understand.

Body control: if necessary, it is possible to control each muscle cell individually. This allows very fine motor skills. Reflexes like pupil dilation can be actively controlled.

Defense and healing

Immune system:

Much faster immune response. Immune system effective against pathogens, but also poisons. New pathogens are typically analyzed in minutes and are efficiently fought. The same applies to toxins, which only act in high doses and only once.

Wound healing:

All non-fatal injuries can heal completely. Wounds close immediately through the use of muscle cells, but take about 15 minutes to heal completely. Severed limbs and lost organs can grow back as long as the injury was not fatal. One finger takes about one day. Lost arms or legs take about one week to grow back if sufficient food is available. Medical treatment is not necessary, but in case of severe injuries the vampire should be protected because fighting ability is lost. Brain injuries heal, but knowledge or memories may be lost.

Immortality:

Vampires have complete healing of wounds and a very good immune system. Their cells do not age either. Of course, severe injuries still lead to death. In effect, vampires have a relative immortality. However, their warlike and risk-seeking way of life limits their lifetime, at least for the entire species. Only a few specimens can actually survive for thousands of years.

Prey control

Teeth:

Vampire fangs present in mouth, vagina and anus. These are extendable and can drink blood when hungry. Teeth are constructed in the same way as needles for syringes, so teeth are used for sucking and blood ends up directly in the stomach. If necessary, the blood can also be filtered: one tooth sucks and the other pumps the fluid back into the bloodstream. Useful to avoid absorbing too much unnecessary fluid and to protect the donor's circulation.

Typical meals take about 10 minutes, as the tooth cross-section is limited (about 1 mm^2 internal cross-section) and the donor is treated gently.

Saliva:

Can be individually adapted. Possible components are:

-Pain reduction and increase of lust. (Is used at the beginning of the bite.)

-Faster wound healing (Used at the end to allow the donor to close the wound in a few minutes)

-Proportions that stimulate blood formation. (Attention athletes: this is considered doping if blood has not been drawn before)

-Injecting antibodies that are specific to the donor's diseases. Costs a few extra minutes, in which the vampire's immune system analyses the donor's blood and provides suitable defence methods. Works against all infectious diseases.

Pheromones:

The pheromones of vampires are attractive to all humans from both sexes. Helps to control the prey. Lust can be forced, but not subjugation. However, few people are able to feel pleasure and resist their submission.

Flirt:

Trained vampires are capable of seducing any human. Due to their high intelligence and improved senses they are able to interpret all signals correctly. Accordingly, they can adapt their own behavior so that they appear as attractive as possible. Their complete body control also helps them to send out signals that humans can only send out unconsciously (smile, pupil dilation...)

Behaviour

Typically, vampires control humans to make them work for them. This is also necessary in order to be able to bind their numerous blood donors to them permanently. However, the exclusively female vampires can only reproduce by using human sperm. Two female vampires and two human males are needed per child. Accordingly, vampires are genetically bisexual.

Reproduction requires orgasms, which are easier to achieve in a tied up state. Typical vampires therefore change from dominant behavior towards their slaves/blood donors to devout behavior towards sexual partners. If you feed vampires you can also train them to be completely submissive. But if their feeding is not ensured, they will regard every human as potential prey, which will be seduced and subdued until the hunger is satisfied.