Everyday I'm Shuffling: Book 2 Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After putting her bags in the trunk, we hopped in my car and took off. We caught up as I drove to Braum's Ice Cream shop. There were way too many places to take her for 3 nights and 4 days, so I was sticking to my absolute favorites. Besides, she loved ice cream. It was her all-time favorite food. I had to take her to the old-fashioned parlor that they did not have in California.

She caught me up on school and the guy she is currently dating. He's a model/actor type she normally goes for. When I questioned why she was attracted to self-centered, pretty boys, she informed me she enjoys their companionship without attachment.

"It's so much easier to get rid of them when they're shallow douchebags." She explained as we looked over the menu.

"I wish it was that easy for me." I said, only half-joking.

"What's the itinerary for the weekend? Please tell me I get to meet said douchebags?" She asked after we ordered our food.

"Anyone in particular?" I asked, thinking of Jake's text.

"All of them. My mom said I need to get a feel for all the men in your life. Past loves, potential boyfriends."

I smiled. "Tell your mom the only man in my life is Jesus."

Bianca cracked up laughing. "I'm not going to burst into flames to tell that lie."

I laughed with her. When she got up to throw her trash away, I pulled out my phone and texted Jake back.

Me: Of course. I would like us to be friends again.

I sent it before I could think about it. That's what I really wanted. I didn't want the first time for us to interact to be Ethan's congratulatory dinner and we'd probably run into each other on Halloween- might as well rip the bandaid off. Besides, Bianca wanted to meet him and I kinda wanted her to meet him too. I wanted her opinion of him; not that it would change anything.

After lunch, we went back to my apartment. After a tour, I got her set up in my room. She unpacked and pulled out her costume. It was a 60s-style black and white dress and go-go boots. When she threw off her hat and put her hair up in a ponytail, I knew immediately she was gonna be Arianna Grande.

"Ooo! Do I get to be Iggy?!?!" I asked, excitedly.

"No." Bianca grinned, handing me midnight blue hot pants and a halter crop top. "Go try it on."

I did. I walked out of the bathroom, trying to think of a nice way to tell her whatever this was, it wasn't going to work. The nicest way was "fuck no" at the moment.

"Do you get it?" She asked, with a wryly smile when I stood in front of her.

"I get that I have to go shopping for two costumes," I said, still confused as to who I was supposed to be.

Bianca grinned and pulled out a matching midnight blue skirt with huge slits on the side. By the time she pulled out a pair of thigh-high matching boots, armbands, and a ninja mask, I knew exactly who I was going to be.

I squealed with delight. "No fucking way! You made me a Lady Kitana costume?!?!"

"That's not all..." She said, handing me two ornate, beautiful blue fans. "I was going to add little blades on it, but I don't think the TSA would have liked that."

"Bianca, I love this! Thank you so much. I swear, I might wear it every day." I giggled.

"Just don't assassinate anyone. I don't need that on my conscience."

"You will learn respect!!!" I was posing with the fans as I said Kitana's battle cry when Sammy walked in.

"What are you doing? What do you have on?" Sammy asked, eyeing me up and down.

"Practicing for Halloween. Sammy, this is my cousin Bianca. Bianca, this is Sammy." I introduced them, smiling.

"Nice to meet you." Bianca said, friendly.

"You too." Sammy said, looking back over at me.

"What are you supposed to be?"

"A Mortal Kombat character."

"That's it? I mean, that's kinda slutty." Sammy frowned.

"This is not the full costume." I informed Sammy as Bianca narrowed her eyes at her. "Bianca made a skirt, boots, and armbands to go with it. Be right back. I'm gonna go change."

When I came back into the room, Sammy was sitting on the bed, talking to Bianca about our plans.

"You didn't tell Bianca about Blake's party on Friday?" Sammy asked me.

"No, I wasn't planning on going." I told Sammy again. I told her and the other girls I didn't wanna hang with him with Bianca. It just felt weird and I didn't know any of his friends besides Forrest and Rachel. Besides, we were going to a bar for a Halloween party.

"I told you I wanted to meet every man in your life." Bianca protested.

"He doesn't qualify as that." I said.

"He wants to smash and you went out with him. I think that qualifies." Sammy countered.

"Anyway..." I said, changing the subject. "Are you and Corey joining us tonight?"

"I have to go in at Dave and Buster's." Sammy said.

"What? Since when?" I asked.

"Someone called in." Sammy replied.

"That sucks." I pouted.

"Who's all going to be there?" Bianca asked me.

"So far it's Trevor, Rocky, her boyfriend Brandon, Cam, Jenna, and a few of my work friends for sure. Possibly Jake." I rattled off.

Both Bianca and Sammy stared at me.

"He messaged me. I told him he can drop by." I shrugged, trying not to think too much about it.

Sammy just rolled her eyes and stood up. "I'm gonna go get ready for work. I'll see y'all later."

After she left, we got ready to go. Bianca picked out my camo print cargo pants and a black lace top. I would have never thought of putting the two styles together, but it was comfortable, casual, and sexy all at the same time. I put on minimal makeup and left my hair down in waves. Part of me was thinking about Jake, but ultimately, I wanted to look good for myself. Since I planned on dancing, I wore tan booties.

Bianca wore denim short shorts that made her legs look even longer, a tank, and a cute Kimono. She put her long hair down and actually did her make-up too. Flip-flops completed her outfit. We were heading out the door when I got a call from Rocky, asking us where we were. I told her we were on our way.

When we arrived at the bar, Rocky, Brandon, Corey, and Jordan were already there. I introduced Bianca to everyone and we sat down. I pulled out my phone to text Cam and Trevor. Before I could send out the text, Trevor, Cam, and Jenna joined us at the table. I stood up to hug all of them before introducing Trevor to Bianca.

"Wow. You can tell y'all are family." He said, looking between us.

"Say thank you Bianca. That's a compliment to you." I grinned at Bianca.

"I've never been so insulted. I hate you already Trevor." Bianca joked.

"Take a number." He teased while we laughed.

After ordering our drinks, Q and Yolanda arrived.

"Who else are we waiting for? Just Sammy?" Corey asked.

I shook my head. "No. Sammy got called into work. Jake might stop by." I informed them. "We have too many mutual friends not to be friendly. It's not a big deal." I added before anyone could say anything.

We went ahead and ordered food. Everyone but Corey; he decided he was going to go visit Sammy at her job. Jordan offered to walk him out and she asked me to join. I looked at Bianca.

"Are you going to be ok?" I asked. Bianca nodded, sipping her drink.

"Geez Lily. No one's gonna do anything." Trevor grinned at me. Bianca laughed at him.

"You better not." I warned him as I stood up.

I walked with Corey and Jordan out. After we said bye to Corey, Jordan turned to me.

"So I'm moving next week..." She trailed off, teasingly.

"You're moving in with Derek?" I asked.

She nodded with a smile. "I am! I decided to go for it. I always thought I would wait until I was at least engaged, but maybe this is the next step."

"Absolutely. My brother is proposing to his girlfriend and they live together. I think it's practical to live together first." I agreed.

"How long have they lived together?"

"About a year." I replied.

"Oh..." Jordan said, disappointed. "I don't wanna wait that long. Shouldn't you know after 3 months?"

I laughed. "Cam and Jenna moved in together really fast, so that's why he waited. I guess it depends on the couple."

"I just feel like what's the wait? We're both where we wanna be career-wise. We both want kids. Derek is older than me, he should be begging me to get married, not the other way around." Jordan reasoned.

"He does hang out with single guys. Y'all need to hang out with my friends. Everyone I know is coupled up, married, or has kids." I told her.

"Well, let's plan a get-together with only couples-" Jordan went on, but I literally froze as I saw Jake's SUV pull up.

"Lily? Are you ok?" She asked me.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Give me a second. I'll be right in." I said, forcing myself to look at Jordan. She gave me a weird look but nodded and went back inside.

By the time I looked back at Jake's car, he was walking towards me.

"Hey." I said, smiling at him. I hoped I looked calm. I felt everything but calm.

"Hey Lily." He said, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans. He looked so sexy in a black v-neck and khakis. His hair was growing out, but it looked great on him. Everything looked great on him.

"Your hair looks nice." I said, quickly. Maybe if I admitted that, some of this tension would go away.

"Yeah? Jasmine refuses to cut it for me." He admitted, rubbing his fingers through his hair.

Yep, didn't work. The tension got worse.

I smiled, nervously. "Yeah, I'm about to be in the same boat. My roots already look bad."

"Nothing about you looks bad." He stared at me, intensely.

I blushed and looked away, the heat in his gaze was too damn much.

"Let's talk when my bangs grow out and I look like Cousin Itt."

"You would still look amazing, once you moved all the hair out of your face." He joked.

I giggled, but quickly covered my mouth with my hand when I heard how flirty it sounded.

He grabbed my hand and I swear I felt a jolt.

"I wanna be honest with you." He said, moving my hand away from my mouth.

"What is it?" I said, shakily.

"I don't want to be your friend. I want another chance with you."

"Jake-" I started.

"I don't need an answer right now. I just thought you should know." He stopped me.

I nodded and stared into his eyes. I wonder if he could see the same desire I saw in his eyes. He caressed my hand before letting it go.

"Can I meet your cousin?" He asked.

I nodded, taking a deep breath, before leading him inside the bar.