Family Issues Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Growing up different, she had built high walls around her to shield herself from sorrow. From priests who called her an abomination, and from haters who called her worse. From people who were born 'normal'. People like Kevin. She could feel his warm hand still clasping her own, and she realised that inside the fist raised in hate there was a palm. You just had to look, because Kevin was right and kindness was everywhere. You just had to look.

Helen turned her head. Kevin was snoring lightly on the couch. His left hand rested on her bed, still holding her hand. His head drooped to his chest sometimes during the night, and he was drooling slightly on his shirt. His laptop rested closed on his knees. She hoped he gave that Huffman dude a run for his money.

Wincing, she got up, careful not to wake him. She pulled the hospital gown around her, and placed an unsure leg on the cold tiles. Because of the fresh stitches, stretching hurt like a bitch, but Helen was the toughest girl in the northern hemisphere. She limped to the room's closet and found a hospital blanket in there. She then limped back to the couch and gently wrapped his slim body in it.

Kevin kept on snoring.

Helen took a deep breath in the chill morning air and thought about everything for a very long time.

Happiness is rare. It's a delicate golden string that shimmers at the corner of your eye. One wrong move, one wrong touch and it can slip through your fingers. Sometimes happiness is just a friend who has your back. Someone who cares enough to stay the night at the hospital with you, who makes you suddenly realize that you're not alone in this world.

Helen knew how brittle happiness was, and she didn't want to jinx it. However, she wanted a small memory. Something she can keep, just for herself. She leaned over Kevin's sleeping form and gave him the tiniest kiss on his lips. Barely a brush of skin against skin.

Kevin sighed. His lips moved as if he was about to say something, but then he just changed position and a sudden smile brightened up his sleeping face.

To be continued...

*****

Yet again we find ourselves at the end of another chapter. As I always do, I would like to ask you shamelessly (okay I'm blushing a bit) to punch the stars to show me you care, and maybe even leave me a note.

See you next chapter, hopefully soon.