All Comments on 'Fantasies of a Young Dominatrix'

by gunhilltrain

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
lovecraft68lovecraft682 months ago

Had a bit of an unhappy tone to it. For me, that's realism. Sex workers can't be happy all the time, and fact is, there are men who would take Nora's not so pleasant attitude as a turn on.

I think the low reception here reflects a readership that is caught up so much in fantasy-and how women should behave, even dominant women, that something like this just falls flat with their limited understanding of realism.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

While technically pretty perfect, this is an amazingly dry and un-erotic read, devoid of even a whisper of excitement, heat, or use of the senses. Way too much "telling" and very little "showing". I can only compare it to the way it might be to read a detailed manual on the operation and maintenance of a robotic sex doll.

gunhilltraingunhilltrain2 months agoAuthor
To anonymous

Yeah, I probably should have cut some of the exposition. But I think, without even realizing it, that I intended it to be un-erotic. In the other Nora stories, she initially thinks that has power over the clients. Then she realizes that they do perceive her as something like a robotic sex doll. Thus she gets into the job twice and then leaves it twice.

gunhilltraingunhilltrain2 months agoAuthor
Hi lovecraft

I'm sure that sex workers have many different attitudes towards what they do. But it seems that here is a pattern where they initially like the money and even the glamour (if they are porn actresses).. Then they eventually burnout and get replaced, especially as they get older. Probably male sex workers go through something similar, although they may "age out" of the field more slowly than the women.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergunhilltrain@gunhilltrain
Time and place matter I suppose. At present I'm between the Metro-North (formerly New York Central) Harlem Division and the NYC Transit Authority's #2 train line. Thus I'm on both the wrong side and the right side of the tracks at the same time. Anyway, for me the Midnight Sp...