Feb Sucks again

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

''But Jim I still love you and it was only one night, can't we get past it and move on?''

''I thought you had moved on already with Mike.''

Oh shit, he knew about Mike but did he know it all?

''It's true Jim I have been seeing Mike but we are just friends we haven't even kissed I swear it on my life Jim nothing has happened. I haven't moved on I still want you back in my life, please Jim can't we meet and sort this out?''

''There's nothing to sort out Linda you say you haven't moved on but I have. When we got to my uncle's Chateau I was a broken man clutching at straws. I didn't know what to do next my life had imploded and I was in a state of flux. I had one month to get my shit together before I started my new job, The kids needed a new school and all we had was in two cases. Jules could see where I was and immediately introduced me to his PA Evette. She took one look and took over, she got the children settled into their rooms, one on each side of mine. Over the next few weeks, she got them into a good school that catered for foreign diplomats, took them shopping and became a big sister to Gail. She took me shopping for new clothes commiserate with my new position at the factory. In fact, she took over the running of our lives until I came to terms with my new position as a single father. I came to depend on her more and more and as a result, we grew closer together. It wasn't until after our divorce became final that we admitted we had fallen in love and had our first kiss. I know you are thinking she took advantage of me but that's just not true. If it wasn't for her badgering me to have the children contact you and your parents we wouldn't be having this conversation. The point of this conversation is that I have asked Evette to be my wife and she has agreed. I still love you but not in the same way, I don't hate you anymore and the need for revenge has passed but I can never forgive you for what you did. If we were to get back together I would always be wondering what you were doing and who with. That's no way for a married couple to live and it would eat us up in a few years. So, let Mike into your heart but never treat him with the disrespect you showed me, love him with all your heart and move on.''

I felt my life truly fall apart then and my Dad had to take me away and put me to bed I was crying so hard.

000000000000

Jim:

When Sam took Linda away Sarah took her place.

''Thank you Jim I know that wasn't easy, and that you tried to let her down lightly and we appreciate it. Will you continue to talk to Sam and me and can we continue to Facetime with the children?''

''Of course, Sarah nothing's changed we just needed to clear the air, I'll talk to you next Sunday bye.''

We set the wedding for June and Evette and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon. We did invite Sam and Sarah but they declined saying they didn't think it would be appropriate.

The next two years flew by, Gail was now eighteen and wanted to study law and become an Avocate (lawyer) in France. Gail loved France and wanted to become a French citizen. (Evette would help with that in due course) Tommy was now sixteen and wanted to visit the US and see his grandparents and Mother. Gail said she would go with him but would refuse to see Linda.

Linda and Mike had got married six months ago and seemed happy, I was happy for her and Mike, but I still had a soft spot for Linda and wanted her to be happy. Last year the case against LaVillier was finally closed and the compensation claims were paid out, We all got 1.3 million. I put mine in trust for the children for their twenty-fifth birthday. I heard Linda had put hers into starting up her catering business and it was doing well.

On the job front, the proposed factories were now in production and I was the area manager covering France, Germany and the UK. I had a posh new office and had to travel a great deal. Evette usually came with me and went shopping while I was in meetings, she no longer worked for Jules as his PA but had trained her replacement. There was also a regional manager for Japan, and Korea and one for the US. My income had tripled and we had intended to buy our own house but Jules said he wanted us to stay as he had gotten used to having family around him. We discussed his proposal and agreed to stay with him indefinitely, Tommy was pleased as he was now dating one of the maid's daughters.

Linda and I were talking occasionally without recriminations and at one such Facetime I told her Gail and Tommy were going to stay with her parents for the summer break. I said I had no problem with her seeing the children and had asked Tommy if he would like to stay with his mother for some of the if she would like that. She immediately burst into tears and couldn't talk for some time. Mike came onto the screen looking like thunder and was about to tell me off for upsetting his wife when Linda stopped him. She explained the reason for her tears and Mike apologised saying he would be more than happy to accommodate Tommy for a few weeks. I called Tommy into the room and told him what had been said, he was delighted and started talking to his Mom. I left them to get on with it and went to find Evette. She was sitting in the kitchen with a worried look on her face. I thought that it was because I was returning to the States for a formal dinner and dance sponsored by my company and I was expected to attend with my spouse. The company was sponsoring a charity event for the war veterans of the USA. The other regional managers as well as the CEO would be there. It was made clear that if we had served we were expected to wear our old uniforms as a mark of respect. This would all take place on Veterans Day on the 11th of November. I assumed Evette was worried that I would see Linda forgive her and reconcile. I tried to explain this would never happen and she laughed and said she had no worries about that so I asked her what was wrong. She looked a bit nervous and handed me what looked like a little plastic thermometer. I looked at it and there was a clear window with a negative at one end and a positive at the other, there was a dark blue line at the positive end. I turned it over and there was some writing on it, it said pregnancy test kit. I looked at Evette and she looked frightened I think she thought I would be angry. I pulled her into my arms and kissed her deeply then started crying I was so happy. We stayed like that for what seemed like forever both crying with happiness.

''So, you're not angry with me?''

''How could I be angry with you? You just made me the happiest man in the world how long have you known?''

''Just today I was dreading you coming home and being angry.''

''We need to get you to the doctor and have it confirmed.''

''We'll go tomorrow, tonight just take me to bed and make slow love to me.''

The next day I was walking on air called into work cancelled all my appointments for the day and took the day off. (it's great being the boss) Next, I made an appointment to see our family doctor. The doctor said she was about six weeks gone and was doing well. I asked if it would be all right for Evette to accompany me to the US in four months and he said barring any complications that would be ok.

Tommy and Gail went to stay with their grandparents for the summer, Gail used her time to catch up with her old friends. Tommy stayed with his grandparents for the first week then met his mother and stayed with her for the next three weeks. I had insisted they come home a week early to reorientate themselves before starting school/university again. They both said they had a wonderful time but Gail still refused to talk to her mother and went to her room whenever she came around.

The week of the Charity event Evette sporting a growing bump, and I went to stay with Linda's parents. It was then that I found out that Linda would be there as 1 she was doing the catering and 2 Mike and Tom would be there in uniform as veterans. I offered Evette the chance to cancel but she wouldn't hear of it and said ''besides I've never seen you in your uniform'' and that was the end of the discussion. Sam and Sarah would also be going as Sam was also a veteran but they would be going with some friends from the local veterans association. The event would start at mid-day with a special auction of articles donated by local companies and wealthy families. Our company was donating a painting by the artist Hockney and was expected to fetch more than $400k and our company CEO would be handing it over to the highest bidder.

The evening meal would be at 6 PM with the evening entertainment provided by a well-known sextet. It was to be a formal occasion with the guests being announced as they entered. The announcement would be formal, the MC would announce the guest's title if any then their name, rank and regiment. He would then announce the guest's companion's name and status. I was in my uniform for the first time in nearly twenty years, I was proud of the fact that it still fitted perfectly. I had kept myself in shape by running in the morning and three visits to the gym each week, I also spent time at our local dojo with an MMA instructor.

As I came down the stairs at my ex-in-law's house Evette gave a sharp intake of breath causing both Sam and Sarah to look up at me. Sam reacted first.

''Jesus Christ Jim you never said you were SAS you kept that quiet.''

Sarah just covered her mouth and looked shocked.

As I got to the bottom of the stairs Evette ran into my arms.

''Mon Cheri you look so dashing in your uniform I will have to keep the ladies away with a stick, you never told me about your service, I want to know everything.''

Sam asked what all the ribbons meant and I said I would tell him later. Sarah came over to me and hugged me and whispered in my ear. ''Linda was such a fool I'm so sorry.''

Sam and Sarah left before us as they had to pick up an old soldier from the Vet home. Evette and I arrived at the venue and joined the queue waiting to be announced. I noticed a few people looking at me nudging their friends and pointing to my white beret and the winged dagger badge on it. As we waited a soldier wearing a green beret came over to me and asked to shake my hand and said.

''You don't remember me but I remember you, I was taken prisoner and was to be executed when your team burst in and killed everyone. I was never so happy to see anyone in my life, and I want to take this opportunity to thank you personally.''

He then held out his hand and we shook as friends and brothers in arms.

''If there is anything I can ever do for you all you have to do is ask.''

He then gave me his business card.

Brothers In Arms Security

We got where others fear to tread.

The address and phone number.

I thanked him and he went back to his partner. It was now our turn to be announced.

''Please welcome Mr James Carlile, formerly a lieutenant in her majesties Special Air Service and his wife Evette Carlile.''

We descended the stairs to curious looks from most of those present, all talk had stopped as we were shown to our table by one of the waiters. We were seated with the rest of our company representatives. As we sat down our CEO Cris Watkins said what a charming couple we made. He then admonished me.

''You might have warned me you were a member of the most lethal regiment in the world. The rest of us have no uniforms to wear as you are the only one to serve and we look out of place sitting next to you.''

He said this with a smile and a shake of his head. A waiter came over and took our order and as we waited I looked around to see if I could spot Linda. She was sitting at a round table with her husband and another couple. I immediately recognised her husband's uniform as that of a lieutenant in the Royal Marines. I also recognised the other man as Tom Walker a fellow SAS officer (or a Rupert as the ranks called us) I had met him before when he backed up my unit when they rescued me. He saw me looking over and nodded to me which I returned. I now realised that he and Linda's husband were related and I wondered how much he had told them about me. Looking further afield I saw to my surprise and glee Marc the bastard LaVillier and some of his friends at another table. The event was so large that serving everyone at once would be impossible so some of the diners were already finished while others were still waiting. I pointed out Linder to Evette and said she was responsible for the catering tonight.

Evette: ''Your ex is very beautiful if we were not married I could be very jealous. Are you going to introduce me to her?''

''Why would you want to meet her?''

''It's always good to know your enemies don't you think?''

''We are no longer enemies you saw to that, she's just someone I used to know she means nothing to me now. You have nothing to be jealous about you are the only one I have eyes for and you know that.''

''Mon Cheri I was only teasing you.'' (said in her best French accent)

And she gave my hand a squeeze for emphasis.

000000000

Linda:

I was sitting with Mike, Tom and Kim when the MC announced Jim's arrival most of the talk stopped and people were looking. The same thing had happened when Tom was announced earlier, It seems the mystic of the SAS was contagious. We four looked over as Jim and Evette walked down the stairs, Tommy and my parents had told me how beautiful she was but I wasn't prepared for the real thing. I managed to suppress a gasp but my hand flew to my mouth of its own volition. She was absolutely the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, even showing a little bump in front she was still stunning. Against her, I was the plain girl next door I didn't stand a chance Jim had definitely traded up. We watched them walk to their table and as Jim sat down he removed his beret and tucked it under his shoulder strap with the badge facing forward. He had done this without thinking as though he did it every day I was again reminded how lucky I was to be alive. I kept stealing glances at Jim and Evette hoping no one noticed then Jim caught my eye and just nodded then looked away. My heart gave a little flutter and I felt guilty as I was now married to someone else. Jim was talking animatedly with the other men at his table none of whom were wearing a uniform. Jim got up to go somewhere and went out of sight then I noticed Evette was walking towards me with a determined look on her face. When she reached our table both Tom and Mike stood to greet her, introductions were made and Evette sat down next to me.

''Hello Linda, it seems we share a bond you were and I am married to the same man. If it weren't so obvious that you adore your husband I would be threatened by your beauty and poise. I think it's time you and Jim cleared the air and became friends again so I have sat here so that Jim will have no option but to join me. He is already fed up talking shop with the businessmen at our table and their wives have yet to try and hold a conversation with me. I thought joining you and your party would liven up the evening for both of us, we could talk about children and married things and the boys could reminisce. If that would be all right with everyone?''

She then looked around the table and an agreement was reached without words, she had captivated everyone with just a few short words. She reached out for my hand and gave it a squeeze saying.

''I hope we can be friends and not let a little thing like divorce come between us, we French know a thing or two about amour and the coeur (heart).''

We all sat chatting for a while and waited for Jim to return. When he did he looked for Evette and when he spotted her at our table he shrugged his shoulders and came over. He stood behind Evette put his hands on her shoulders and said.

''When a French woman makes up her mind don't bother to try and change it I know. As my wife has decided to join you may I also sit down?''

There were nods of agreement and I sat down.

000000000

Jim:

I came back from the restroom and was accosted by a couple of Green Berets, one was the man I met earlier the other I didn't know and was introduced as his brother. Although I wanted to get back to my table it wasn't to meet the other company men at our table. The talk there had already dried up and we were struggling to find topics of conversation. I was loathe to leave Evette alone in that environment so I disengaged from my two new friends and went back to my table. When I was nearly there I realised I couldn't see Evette and had a déjà vu moment and quickly looked over to LaVillier's table. I felt instant relief to see LaVillier sitting and talking to his friends who all looked to be football players. I instantly felt ashamed that I had doubted Evette for even a moment and realised how deeply Linda had scared me. I looked around for Evette and saw her sitting with Linda and her crowd talking like old friends. I walked over to them not knowing quite what to say and just caught the end of Evette's statement. She was right of course and it was high time this story was brought to an end. I placed my hands on Evette's shoulders and asked to join their table. In answer, Kim pushed the chair between her and Evette out and I sat down.

All eyes were on me, I was expected to make some sort of statement I addressed the table as a whole.

''Everybody here knows the story behind Linda and I splitting up so I won't reopen old wounds. Linda, you hurt me beyond description and in my rage I took away your children. I'm not sure which of us hurt the other the most you have apologised to me now it's my turn. I am sorry I took away your children there was probably a better way to take out my revenge on you I just couldn't think of one at the time. I have tried to persuade Gail to reconnect with you but she is as stubborn as you can be. Evette and I will continue to work on her and I hope in time we may succeed. Tommy is another matter he feels torn between us I intend to allow him to make up his own mind as to which parent he wishes to live with. If he chooses me I will see he spends most of his holidays with you and if he chooses you I hope you will do the same. This tragedy has gone on long enough, You and I need to bury the hatchet, Linda I forgive you and hope you and Mike have a very happy life together.''

Linda leapt to her feet and flung her arms around me she tried to say something but her sobs wouldn't let her but I got the message. Evette put her hand on my thigh and squeezed showing her approval. Mike reached his hand across to me and we shook as new friends.

I looked at my new friends and said.

There is just one more thing I need to do to finish this story and I looked over at LaVillier sitting at his table. I think everyone thought I was going to kill him, as I got up Evette grabbed my hand to stop me but Kim held her saying.

''Don't try to stop him he has to do this.''

As I walked over to the bar I could hear Evette Crying but I had to do this and regain my man card. I ordered a beer in a bottle and made my way over to LaVillier's table and stopped looking down at him and said.

''Hi, you probably don't remember me we met a few years ago and I've come to fulfil a promise.''

''No, I don't remember you who the hell are you and what do you want?''

''Some years ago, you did me a favour You took my wife away from me at a nightclub and showed me what a cheating lying worthless cunt she was. You sent me an email with pictures and I sent one back thanking you for exposing my wife as a slut. I said if we ever met I would shake your hand and buy you a beer, so here is my hand and here is the beer.''

I held out my hand and we shook he was looking at me with a smug expression on his face but his friends were looking nervous. I placed the bottle on the table and said.