February Sucks - A Sequel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Linda, you know, Jim's, wi, ex-wife," Linda replied a little perturbed.

Jane's eyes got big and was clearly shocked at how Linda looked now. She tried recover, "Oh yes! Linda! I'm so sorry. My mind was a blank for a minute." There was an uncomfortable pause.

Linda then said, "Why haven't you come visit me at the hospital?"

Jane stood silent, clearly uncomfortable. Then she said softly, "I'm not good with hospitals." Linda just looked at her.

Linda replied very graciously, "I understand. Listen we only have a few hours and then I need to get back to the hospital. I hope, I hope you're ok. I hope Kim and Julia are ok to. I hope things have changed. You know."

Jane touched Linda's arm and replied, "I'll come see you so we can talk. Would that be ok?" Linda nodded and the two hugged. I saw tears forming in Jane's eyes. I felt there was something else going on in the conversation that I wasn't aware of. It was just like when Linda answered Dr. Webb's question about me almost killing the Asshole. It started to feel like there was some inside secret. What did Linda hope had changed? What was she talking about?

We continued shopping but I couldn't get the brief interaction with Jane out of my head. Linda found three more outfits she liked and we headed back to the hospital. I walked Linda to her room and we hung up her new outfits. Linda was very proud of them and looked at them as she made sure they didn't have any wrinkles. It would have been adorable if not so sad when you realized it was a grown woman doing what she was.

The next day there was a knock on the door. I looked through the peep hole and saw Jane. I shook my head and wondered what she could want. "Hi Jane. Can I help you?"

Jane hesitantly asked, "Do you have a minute? Can I come in?"

I thought about slamming the door in her face but decided talking to her could be more therapeutic and maybe I would figure out what Linda was talking about. "Yeah come in." I pointed to the couch and she sat down. I sat in a chair across from her.

Clearly nervous Jane broke the silence, "You have a nice place."

"Cut the chit chat Jane. Why are you here?" I didn't want to prolong having to look at this bitch.

She looked a bit surprised and now even more nervous. "Well, after seeing Linda yesterday I wanted to come talk to you about what you did to her."

"What I did to her? Help me on that. What did I do to her?"

"Well look at how she looks. I mean, she looks like hell let's just be frank about it." She said like a teacher scolding a student. "If you wouldn't have."

Holding up my hand "Woo stop right there!" She looked at me surprised. "If I wouldn't have, I don't know, held her accountable to living by the vows she swore to when we got married? Or if I hadn't held her to the conversation she and I had at the start of our relationship that infidelity would be a 'one and done' death sentence to our relationship?"

Jane sat there with a stupid look on her face. She clearly hadn't thought about what she was going to say when she knocked on my door. "Well, I mean you didn't have to divorce her."

"Jane, I have a question for you." She looked intently, ready for what I was going to ask her. "Have you scolded Linda about what she did to me?" Her look became even more confused.

"Well, no but."

I interrupted her again, "Well do you know what she did to me? Do you know what I've been through?"

"Well, no I don't but." I again cut her off.

"How about I tell you. I lost 30 pounds and now have stomach ulcers that require meds every day. I can only eat bland food that taste like shit. I've been in therapy since and go every week. I was doing twice a week for the first few months after she abandoned me. I wake up some nights with nightmares of what happened and sit there shaking in bed crying and can't sleep. I take sleeping pills and just got off anti-depressants. There are some things that send me into an absolute emotional meltdown. I was at the mall once and went past a dress shop that had the same blue dress Linda ran away in. I had to run to the restroom because it made me so sick I had to puke. And with my ulcers I threw up blood. You know what it's like to puke blood? I didn't think so. And then there's the kids. You know what it's like to have to hold your daughter at night because she has nightmares of the 'bad man who mommy kissed' hitting her? Should I continue?"

Jane sat there deflated and it almost seemed like she finally understood. I continued to press Jane, "So tell me about bitching at Linda for what she did to me."

Jane remained silent so I continued, "Linda's actions made this happen. She lit the fuse that blew up our marriage. But it's my fault that she was hurt by me holding her to our commitments to each other? So, I should just roll over and take whatever she wants to do? Let's say I didn't divorce her. What should I do when the Asshole comes around to fuck her again like he said he was going to do. You saw the video. What should I do then? Put up with it cause God forbid I divorce her and hurt her? So let's say I give her a pass the second time. Then he comes around again for a third? Can I divorce her then? How many times before I can divorce her?"

Jane began to shake her head and put up her hand. "You made your point. I can't argue with what you're saying. It's just that."

I cut in again, "it's just that this wonderful person, the old Linda before that night, is dead and gone and all that is left is a shell of that person who now looks hollow and old. I understand Jane. I'm not heartless. The first time I went to see her I expected to just feel overwhelming hatred for her. But when I saw her, the hatred didn't come. I cry over how Linda is now. What a waste of a person, what a waste of what was a wonderful marriage, what a waste of love."

I shook my head, "I wish it were all a nightmare. It isn't, and that whole world is gone now. Dead forever. And nothing can ever bring it back. We all have to live with that and some people need to accept that they caused it. I was a victim, I had no choice after events were put in motion. My only regret is that I didn't break free from your arm that night when you stopped me from intervening in that last dance."

Jane looked up with tears in her eyes, "I wish I hadn't stopped you. Believe me that I see that moment in my mind and it breaks my heart. It haunts me. I know I was a part of what happened. Maybe if I hadn't stopped you Linda would be here today just like she was."

Jane sat there quiet and stared into the distance. It was like she was struggling with some turmoil in herself. "Jane, I think we're done talking here. I don't think there is anything else to say about this."

She looked at me. She looked scared. I looked at her. A little afraid of what I was going to hear I asked, "What is it Jane? What aren't you telling me?"

"There's a lot more to this then you know." She took a deep breath. It looked like she was trying to build up the nerve to say anything else. I sat there wondering what was going on. Was this related to Linda saying she hoped something had changed?

The expression on Jane's face became one of resolve and determination. She started speaking, "Enough damage has been done. I've got something you need to know."

Jane then started recounting a story that started late the prior year involving Dee and Dave. I sat there becoming more and more angry and sadder by the second. When Jane got done she looked terrible with her mascara running down her face. "Jim I'm so sorry I didn't tell you this earlier. I was scared what might happen if I did. Seeing Linda and what this has done to the both of you." She shook her head, "Enough is enough, this has to stop. I don't care what that does to my life. I'm putting an end to it."

I thanked her and let her use the bathroom to clean up. When she came out I asked her, "Are you willing to swear out an affidavit about this?"

"Absolutely, have whoever contact me," she said with conviction.

I made sure I had her contact info. I gave her a big hug and thanked her and tried to reassure her it would all be ok in the end. I told her she needed to tell her husband what she told me and start that process of healing for themselves. She agreed and said she would start that night. I instructed her, "You tell him to call me before he does anything stupid. And tell him to not talk to anyone about this. If he needs to talk to someone you tell him to call me."

As soon as Jane left I called Dr. Webb. He answered, "Hi Jim."

"Doctor I need to see you urgently. Can I come there now and you stay late to talk?"

With a concerned tone in his voice, "Now? Absolutely, can you give me an idea what this is about?"

"Well, I just learned about a crime from one of Linda's friends. Can you get the sheriff there when I get there? Is that possible? This involves Dee and Dave Wilson who are former friends."

There was a moment of silence, "Dee Wilson you said?"

"Yes. Why?" I replied wondering why he had a strange tone in his voice.

"This explains a lot. One of the issues with Linda is that during my sessions with her she, well she told me that if she ever gets out and sees Dee Wilson she'll kill her. And Linda was exceedingly graphic in how she said she'll kill her. Linda didn't just say this to me once. She's said it repeatedly. It was frankly terrifying."

"My Linda said that?" I was stunned. Linda wasn't a violent person and rarely if ever raised her voice to anyone.

"Yes, your Linda. I was never able to get the root cause of why she hated Dee so much. Linda would say a few things but then would shut down and not want to talk anymore about it. I mean, I know Dee encouraged or pushed Linda to have sex outside your marriage that night. Dee really seemed hell bent on that. But Linda's violent hatred of her seemed extreme. I never quite understood it. Now it sounds like I will."

"Oh trust me, you'll understand it. I'll be there in thirty minutes."

Dr. Webb added, "Jim one more thing."

"What?"

"There is a treatment we maybe can do with Linda to get more things out of her that she hasn't wanted or been able to tell us. It's a hypnotherapy. I want to talk about it and get her parents and your agreement to do it. If she doesn't want to tell us about Dee and Dave, this may be an alternative to get information."

"Ok, I'll let her parents know and maybe we can get their agreement on the phone. See you soon."

I ran out and drove to Linda's parent's house. On the way I called my parents and asked them to get the kids from Mrs. Porter.

"Mom. Can you get the kids from Mrs. Porter?"

"Sure. Jim is everything ok, you sound sort of frantic."

"Actually, I am frantic. I can't tell you now but I just learned something about that night with Linda that changes a lot of things. I'm going to the hospital now to talk to the doctor and the police."

"The police?" She said shocked and concerned.

"Let me have the talk with them and then I'll tell you."

I stopped for a moment at Linda's parent's house. Her dad answered the door. "Jim, this is a surprise. What's up?"

"Is mom home we need to talk. It's urgent."

He could see the look of concern on my face. "Yes come in."

I gave them the summary of what Jane told me and asked them if they would approve of the hypnotherapy for Linda if needed. They said yes and I told them I would call from the hospital with Doctor Webb.

I got to the hospital and as soon as I got into the door Dr. Webb motioned me into his office. There was a man in a suit there. He introduced himself as Detective Steve Dunlap.

"Jim, I asked Steve to sit in on this conversation." Dr. Webb informed me.

The detective asked, "Can I record this?"

"Yes, please do. I'll answer any question you have and have some thoughts about all this as well."

I recounted exactly what Jane told me. I gave the Detective her name and contact info as well as the others there that night. He took notes as I spoke. I then added, "There are a couple things about that night that in hindsight didn't make sense unless this was all preplanned. When I got back to the table from trying to find Linda everyone seemed to know she left with that Asshole. I don't know how they knew she left with him. Linda came back to the table and left without talking to anyone. So how did they know? Hearing this all from Jane now answers that question. Dave knew the Asshole would be there which would fit the plan Dee and he had."

I could feel my blood boiling. I already wanted to kill Dee myself but now it took on a whole new level of hatred.

Steve asked me, "I think we have enough information here to open a case. One thing I'd like to do to expedite this if you're willing."

"Whatever. The faster I can bring hell into their lives the better. I'll do it right now if you want."

He smiled, "Ok not right now, but how about tomorrow?"

"Count me in." I said relishing the idea of turning Dee and Dave's lives into complete living hell. I was almost giddy at the thought.

"Ok I need you at the station on Chardon Road at 3pm. Can you contact Dee and Dave and tell them you want to talk to them at five at their house?"

"Absolutely," I said sternly.

Dr. Webb then cut in, "Ok switching to what I'd like to do with Linda. I can get an expert in tomorrow morning to do a hypnotherapy session with her to see what else she can tell us. Detective you're welcome to attend and we can video tape the session as evidence."

Steve nodded, "Hell yeah I'll be here."

I couldn't sleep that night and wanted this all done. I cried the whole night about everything that had happened. The next day I got to the hospital. Detective Dunlap, another detective, an assistant district attorney, and the hypnotherapy team were all there. Dr. Webb motioned to me to follow him as he went towards Linda's room.

"She doesn't know yet. I'd like you to talk to her with me." I nodded.

"Good morning Linda." He said as he walked into her room.

She said, "Hello," and then saw me. "Jim! Why are you here?"

"Linda, we want to talk to you about something. Jim, can you tell her?"

I choked up a little. "Linda, I got a visit yesterday from Jane." Linda looked down at the floor. "It's ok, it's ok. She wanted to talk to me about you. But then at the end she, well she told me something. She told me everything about Dee and Dave."

Linda looked up and asked, "Everything?" I nodded. "Oh God. I." She replied with a frightened look.

I put my hand up interrupting her, "It's ok. I understand what they did. It wasn't your fault. What we would like to do is have you hypnotized so we can get all the information you have about them, what they did, and that night you left me. The police are here as well and they want to listen to. Is that ok with you?"

Tears ran down her face as she nodded. "Don't hate me." She said quietly. I moved next to her on the couch.

"I don't hate you. Believe me, I don't. And I don't think anything you'll say will make me hate you. So put that thought out of your head ok?" She smiled weakly and nodded. I wiped away the tears on her face.

"Will you be with me when I get hypnotized?" She asked.

Dr Webb answered, "He can be in the room but can't sit close to you."

"Ok, at least he'll be there." She smiled at me and seemed relieved I would be near her.

We went into a conference room that had been set up. There were special lights, video cameras and audio recorders. I sat to the side by the police and held my coffee. I wondered what I would hear. I was afraid but knew this was something we had to get through.

The leader of the session gave us very strict instructions. Basically, we couldn't make any sounds and couldn't move either. He even said, "If you feel like you have to take a piss, then sit there and piss your pants. But be quiet."

I sat there and realized quickly that me being there was a bad idea. I had to bury my face in my sweatshirt to be sure my sniffles wouldn't be heard. Thank God I never burst into tears. To hear Linda answer the questions was heart wrenching and made me so angry I wanted to scream.

The session ended and Linda was woken back up. I went over to her. "How did I do?"

I looked at the DA and Det. Dunlap. The DA came over. "Ma'am you did excellent. This will help us put some people in jail for quite a few years. Thank you. I hear that you and your husband have been through a horrible ordeal because of all this. I pray that God graces you with peace and happiness for the rest of your lives. You deserve that given what these past months have been like for you both."

She smiled at me. I knelt down next to her, "I think you did great." I leaned my forehead against hers and put my arms around her. We just stayed like that for a minute.

"You don't hate me do you?"

"No I don't. There are some things from this we need to talk about. But I don't think they are a big deal all things considered. We can work through those next week I think without any trouble." She smiled. "Listen let's get you back to your room so you can rest. I have something I need to do with the police now. I might be back later ok?" She nodded approvingly.

I went to the police station and got set up for my visit to Dee and Dave's. I was looking forward to this. We went over the script that the DA and police had written up. It felt pretty natural so I wasn't concerned about following it.

Once at their house I knocked on the door a little nervous. Dave answered and invited me in. I sat down in the living room and Dee asked me if I wanted anything to drink. I held up a Coke I had brought with me. No fucking way I was drinking anything these two would give me.

I started, "I saw Linda today. She's doing a little better."

"Oh, that's great to hear!" Dee said with a chipper voice and no believability.

Trying to keep my emotions in check I said, "Dee I have a question for you. Let's just jump right into this." She looked at me a little concerned. "How far ahead did you come up with the idea of taking all of us to that club to see which one of the women that asshole LaValliere would pick up to fuck?"

She sat back, "You finally figured it out."

I then turned my attention to Dave, "So Dave you had done the preplanning since you go there with your friends from work. You knew how this would all play out didn't you?"

He nodded, "Yes pretty much."

I turned back to Dee, "Dee had you already fucked LaValliere before and that's how you got connected to him?"

"Yes, back in September. A little while later I came up with the idea. We saw him there again and asked him if he was interested in this idea we had, which he was. He liked giving married woman a little drug helper to make them slutty and then video the night. We thought that would be fun to see one of our friends getting fucked by him. He has video of everyone he's ever done that way at his house. He keeps a book of all the names, dates, address. All of that. It's like keeping football statistics to him."

Feeling my blood boil I said, "The only question was which one of your friends he would pick and whose marriage would get ruined."

"Yes, something like that."

"I see." I paused for an instant.

"And the way you insured compliance by the women for whatever schemes you dreamed up was that you had drugged them and videoed Dave fucking them as blackmail?"

Almost proud of herself Dee answered, "It was the perfect way to do it. After I had the video of Dave fucking each of them, I brought them all together to tell them what was going to happen at the club."

"And they were excited about this idea?"

"No, they weren't. Linda was the most pissed off about it. I was so happy when she showed up there that night looking amazing. I knew it was going to be her getting fucked. The women all knew too that Marc was going to video tape the encounter like he always did and give a copy to me. I would that have to dangle over their heads as well as the video with Dave."