All Comments on 'February Sucks Forward'

by Omegaman56

Sort by:
  • 238 Comments (Page 2)
BeBopper99BeBopper99about 3 years ago

3*** Numerous grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors ruined your original plot. You need to find a competent editor.

digger907digger907about 3 years ago

how it should happen

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I’d like to read theending

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Guessing you're either a misogynist or you get dumped a lot, at least judging from this little gem "but I see now it will never be enough for you self-centered, spoiled millennial women"

Those self-centered, spoiled millennial women are just women who won't cave to the knuckle draggers still caught up in the old days of men being better than women.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Let’s not forget using the ‘once you get over your fragile male ego you will accept it and we can get back to normal again’. Women also have that fragile male ego when it comes to cheating too it seems as when the tables are turned they find it unacceptable too.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 3 years ago

Not too bad—at least a new spin on a well overdone story; I gave it 4 stars and would like to see your ending.

Re: SplitGeode: If I was going to kick about bad editing, I think I’d make sure how to spell decent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pretty realistic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

you got me. I thought at the end he would have said she cheated on her trip. I didn't see her as the woman making that declaration. Nice job on the twist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

End it!

jflindersjflindersabout 3 years ago

I liked the story and the premise behind it, but found some of the grammar and spelling disconcerting so suggest that if you change the story after it was edited that you have the changed version reviewed before publishing. Thanks for an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Mike Drop.

You sir, take the gold. This is the best February Sucks posted.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I would have really enjoyed this, but I kept being distracted by all the typos I had to puzzle over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

@R410a, I refuse to believe that this reflects Randi's edits. Randi would be the first to admit that she's not perfect, but there's no way this got past her. If I was a conspiracy nut, I'd think that her edits were ignored in an attempt to discredit her.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

"If they were not ovulating they picked the secure guy that would take care of them." - This makes no sense whatsoever! I'm not going to get into the veracity, or lack thereof, of uncited studies, but simple logic would say that a fertile woman would want to mate with a man who would take care of them, the complete opposite of this.

SirCarlSirCarlabout 3 years ago

Absolutely print the ending. This was well thought out, well written and presented.

MordechaiJonesMordechaiJonesabout 3 years ago

Of all the continuations of George Anderson's original story, yours is the most creative in my opinion. A continuation of the foreshadowing of the original story? That's brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I would like to read the ending.

Imwanting2Imwanting2about 3 years ago
Finish

Now I’m really interested in finding out how you would finish the story. Please do!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago

Struck me as stupid. I could see making up the story to get her reaction, but taking it to the level of having her served is stupid.

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

**So now she goes bat crazy and takes a baseball bat to his bros head!! NEXT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Finish the story. Would love to hear your conclusion

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sure would like to read the ending. I appreciate all of you writers with the ability and eloquence to paint these pictures with just words. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You Have My Sympathy, . . .

But not my agreement. God, there are So Many beautiful intelligent virtuous women. You just have to let them know that that is what you want from a woman, virtue, intelligence, strength, hard work, and a laughing fun-filled friendship. I have met half a dozen women who would have been great wives, but it was just the wrong time. The one I married at the right time, over 40 years ago, is still the best woman I know. OK, she's not That bright, because she actually thinks I'm the best man She knows.

I regret your mileage has been so disappointing. Maybe you should have done a bit more checking under the hood, and paid more attention to your driving. Statistics just report the impact of choices and decisions, they don't force us to follow them. Marriage is what you make it. There are many very good women who want to make it work. Act like you deserve her and she will act like she deserves you. I hope everyone who wants it gets to experience it.

Thanks for the effort.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Great change up on the original story. I like the way you think. If you write your ending, I will be pleased to read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Ending Please

Ending Wanted, interesting this far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It's your story, and if you're not going to end it then you wasted my time, and a lot of other people's.

If they don't like it, fuck ;em.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

If you have an ending, just FTDS. However this was a very good ending.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Where do I start? I was dreading another "February Sucks" even if it was good. Kudos to you for taking a completely different tact on it. Where the story falls short is there is no real character development leading up to the heart of the story, making it hard for me to enter their world. We get a little about Terri, although proclamations while drinking with friends isn't much to go on. You did kind of outline Alan through his rants with Terri, but again not as much as I would have liked. If you are going to cite Randi's assistance in the prologue, you are obligated to post the ending whether we like it or not. Loyal readers in this genre know and respect that name, so you can't soil it with gamesmanship! 3* now but oh-so close to 5*...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Anything is possible

Somewhere this has already happened, good thing us common folks live a dull life. Good story and its not your problem if folks don't like the ending. Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ending please.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieabout 3 years ago

Well, this is a disaster. Have you never had to be the devil's advocate in any argument? If you work in business, sometimes you are required to argue the "bad" side just to keep the argument going, basically for entertainment purposes. Seems the husband and wife in this situation got the shaft and broke up a perfectly good marriage on a devil's advocate argument. They need to get counseling, yes, but divorce, not necessarily.

TechumsahTechumsahabout 3 years ago

Would like to read the ending.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 3 years ago
I would liike to read your ending!!!

Whatever way it goes.

Flar1958Flar1958about 3 years ago
Now you devorce on thinking?

Now feel inadequate by talking bull shit oh my poor america men carring shot guns but are not enough to their own mind!

And if you think you get a new love try i laugh. You mention statistic be a statistician.

Neither of you trust women you have me pity you cast in the past and havs no future. RUN HUSBAND RUN AGAINST YOUR OWN SHADDOW.

Karn9Karn9about 3 years ago

Let’s see the ending.. good story so far..

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

Wow, the first one writing a sequel to the prequel of GA, and I think it's a good one.

I would really like to read your ending.

Granville2104Granville2104about 3 years ago

I liked the story and would be interested in reading the ending. Thanks

dragoth7dragoth7about 3 years ago

would love to read your ending, I can see it going either way when no kids are involved. If they stay together I see alot of couseling possibly happening.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Original story. The only follow-on to focus on the group conversation about the whole celebrity hall pass topic. Good job.

p3aewguyp3aewguyabout 3 years ago

Please give us the ending!

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerabout 3 years ago
I want the ending

I like your story. You mix statistics to make a story. I was wondering if the group of girls includes linda.

I want the ending.

FYI, not all women are hypergamous. Some are homogamous (to marry your equal). They are very rare, because the qualities related to this are acompanied by some 'deviation' from the normality. This includes sterility. Women who are less fertile are less likely to stray due to lust (assuming the emotional side is fulfilled). Another factor is the brain architecture. The more developed the frontal cortex, the less likely a woman would stray, because it requires a lot of effort to override our natural urges.

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerabout 3 years ago
I want the ending

I like your story. You mix statistics to make a story. I wish you include some element of statistics in you next story.

I was wondering if the group of girls includes linda.

I want the ending.

FYI, not all women are hypergamous. Some are homogamous (to marry your equal). They are very rare, because the qualities related to this are acompanied by some 'deviation' from the normality. This includes sterility. Women who are less fertile are less likely to stray due to lust (assuming the emotional side is fulfilled). Another factor is the brain architecture. The more developed the frontal cortex, the less likely a woman would stray, because it requires a lot of effort to override the natural urges.

KoxokKoxokabout 3 years ago

Nice! I like this better than the February Sucks story with lousy loose loving Linda. Please share the ending you wrote. Some of us on this site are adult enough be able to forego attacking the author just because we dislike the story.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

I hate it. All these Anderson clone Feb. SUCKS stories are awful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Always want an ending

Hiram325Hiram325about 3 years ago

Yes, please post the ending.

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

Yeah not too bad but better than the recent versions. Another chapter would be nice to see her suffer in agony

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is a very good variation of February Sucks. The wife burnt her own bridge with her own argument.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 3 years ago
A Clever Flip

In LW we so often hear the repeated platitudes of the unfaithful wife trying to defend her actions. Reversing the genders of the "Feb Sucks" characters is a thought provoking plot twist. Very enjoyable entertainment - Thanks!

Keep 'em comin'.

bruce22bruce22about 3 years ago

Amusing story. Fine ending.

jimjam69jimjam69about 3 years ago

Don't know about any of the stats but there is a grain of truth to them. I think his reaction is appropriate.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Why can't these authors find something else to write about? This has been beaten to death. It's not worth reading or rating. If I could give it less than a one I would.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Interesting perspective on the GA premise! Very creative.

About the editing,... Really? It was hard to follow for all the quote and paragraph issues. Who was saying what, etc. Even the foreword was very confusing. Please read the ending over twice before you publish it. ... and I'd like to see how Alan resolved things.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Yep, MGTOW is a thing for a reason. "Better Bachelor" on YouTube has hundreds of hours on this topic.

Go for Part 2, but please proofread a bit better if you do.

P.s. Love seeing Trump still living rent free in HIV's head.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This dead horse has AMAZING acoustics! Crazy how much mileage, how many different stories came from the exact same premise. 5 stars, it's always nice to see someone condemn their own stance.

zeuspmzeuspmabout 3 years ago

If I could give it less than a one star I would.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Would love to hear a follow up ending - cheers

Tootight1Tootight1about 3 years ago

I really loved this. So much on point. Should be a must read for every guy contemplating marriage.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

1 for this stupid story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

To quote you, "This is fiction and I can say anything I want." Well, so can i.

First off, if I wanted a slew of statistics, I'd go to a technical publication, not an erotica site.

Second, if someone actually did proofread this, you obviously ignored their 'red marks, cause you didn't even finish the sentence before you left an uncorrected error.

Third and last, since you like stats so much, here is one that's easily verifiable as accurate: 100% of the people writing this comment think this story blows goats.

Another 'author's added to my 'dont brother's list...

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

My comments were directed towards all the authors who chose to try and fix Anderson's original February Sucks story. The original story sucks and there is not much anyone can do to make it more palatable (short of rewriting the entire story). No rich guy is ever going to risk losing his wealth, position, privilege, reputation, or whatever just for a piece of ass, unless they are mentally challenged or senile. Especially, in this day of internet access and high speed information transfer. So the story does not contain any possibility of being believable and most of these Loving Wives stories have a certain level of believability, or no one would read them and there are thousands of them.

Omegaman56Omegaman56about 3 years agoAuthor

Apology

I am personally writing you that commented on the February Sucks Forward. I want to apologize to you for the results and to RandiBlack1958 who took her valuable time to edit that story.

The best editor cannot fix stupid when the writer posts the unedited version of the story by mistake. I tried to see if I could replace it by I can’t see how it is done.

She did a brilliant job you should see it. Also, If any of you want to read her story “Vagabonds” it should have gotten a 5.

I want to answer a couple of questions.

Why didn’t I write the ending?

I am having trouble with my eyes since my cancer treatment. I see ghosting. It is where I see the main item and another version that is off to the side of it. I have dyslexia as it is. That is also why I posted the wrong story.

This makes my grammar look twice as bad as I see double now. I have to work all day on the computer. So I have less time to write because of the pain.

At the end of the story, it had gotten so bad my eyes actually ached. So that’s why I didn’t finish it,

I am working on it a little every day.

Did I have an agenda? NO, I just like to stir the pudding.

I always wanted to do a story where the man had the upper hand in “Honey we have to talk.” Never could find a story to write. But this fits the bill. That is all.

Also, I am an engineer. I deal with facts and figures. Men deal in logic in arguments and woman emotion. That’s why have never won an argument with my wife. Never clutter the issue with facts.

So I went on google and pulled what I could find didn’t check the validity. The information came from women’s relationship articles family court statistics, dating app statistics. And so on. Didn’t care.

So far everyone I have asked said they thought the woman was going to be the one giving her husband the ultimatum. If you did, Gotcha.

The only thing that grossed me out was the DNA. I found that disturbing.

Something else I didn’t put in there. I heard a rock star being interviewed I think it was Bon Jovi that said he had married women lined up all the time. He asked them if they loved their husbands. They did. They needed this and will go home and be the best wives ever. It had nothing to do with their husband’s They would never leave them for that rock star. This story reminded me of that interview.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Publish your ending. Please.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Post the edited one as version 2E.

This was a damn good plot. 👍

FarnorthmanFarnorthmanabout 3 years ago

First page was really good, second page died and really sucked when Alan started crying like a little girl, I'd like to see your ending

Clansman2100Clansman2100about 3 years ago

Finished the dam story PLEASE

Anallicker01Anallicker01almost 3 years ago

I read both of your February stories. Is there actually a 3rd story with an actual ending?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

You can repost the story with *EDIT* in the title line. I'm not sure if that's the exact format, if you worked with Randi she can tell you. BTW, you can delete a story the same way, using DELETE in place of EDIT.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked how you used the bar room talk and not the actual dumping him at the dance to go off with the jock. I think that was very good use of the original story.

I enjoyed the story but if I were the husband I am not certain I would divorce. I would have a similar speech about lack of trust and no doubt she would feel the effects of it as I would be checking up on her all of the time and I would insist on her not going to any girls nights out and change her job so that there is no travel. She brought that on. I also think she would eventually divorce me as I had lack of trust and she becomes a prisoner. Also, no kids. I would use a condom as I would not want to be a single father and if she wants kids then time for her to dump me.

She never said it was just locker talk or shop talk. She was with coworkers and not her close girlfriends where that type of talk may occur. With no real hard denial why wouldn't I think that is exactly how she felt?

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

Very good, and from my POV, realistic. The words impact his male psyche, and it’s not a matter of his manliness, or mental health.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great job at harvesting comments. Congratulations. I usually correlate the number of comments (that don't get deleted) with the quality of the story. Many authors somehow pump the ratings and delete the negative comments, so you end up with a story that reportedly rates in the 4's, but there only 11 comments, and they are all positive, often glowing. What bullshit.

But your story is the reverse. 170 comments, yet mediocre. It was a great plot idea, but overdone. Exploring the intellectual dishonesty more would have been interesting, and less anguish and emotion. It made the ending frantic and panicked rather than thoughtful and sublime. Still, Thanks for the effort.

MonsieurXMonsieurXalmost 3 years ago

Post-nup agreement is the easy solution neglected here.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Upgraded this one to 4*. Still a little over the top reaction, unless Alan had sensed other issues that would give credence to her statements. Now, back to the second part...

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

LOVED THIS VERSION!!! Post-Nups are fantasy. Well played...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

“I was thinking, why would any man get married in today's society. It is just not worth the effort."

Correct. The only reason to even consider it is if the couple are members of a traditional, very conservative religion. Orthodox Jews, observant Muslims, and Temple worthy Latter Day Saints all have negligible rates of adultery and divorce.

ZK

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Wow!

That was different. The shoe was on the other foot and it didn't fit. This should be called"Pre Februrary sucks. Excellent!

Five Stars

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

I don't understand why so much emotions? Spouses say to each other a lot of bad things and still hold together. Doing and saying is not the same. Saying is a bluster.

Now, whether millennial women are good or bad, that I don't know. But if you play your card right and get an ethical person for your spouse, the chance she would stray is minimal. If you married bar fly or you/her are often absent from home ... then open your eyes wide and keep that third eye open as well.

You could also improve your chances as you go - drink less, exercise more, do not smell on beer all the time, have a good body hygiene, don't smoke, do not accumulate spare tires around your waist etc. Because these are all flaws men do. Being unappealing while appealing for fidelity will only make you even more unappealing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh my, how she changed her tune.She thought she had him by the cajones, but found that he had her by the 'taint'. Certainly changes ones outlook. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think a lot of this story is bull - in particular the statistics quoted. The characters are emotionally stunted and stuck in their teenage teenage years. Grown ups can actually have conversations about their relationships and goals that are challenging and also, can mutually recognize and understand each other and the error of their thinking and subsequently change direction to avoid consequences - and quite often do so.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Excellent philosophical treatise masquerading as a story. Nice stats....but as a male who has been successfully married for 49 years....I respectfully disagree with the premise. While he has a recording of a conversation that was held at a conference.... that conversation is a theoretical what if exercise and cannot be constituted as any type of proof of anything. To base a divorce decree on this is a pathetic joke. He is merely divorcing based on a statistical pseudo intellectual circle jerk.... He is the real fool here... Sad but true.

So the story is interesting but specious at best

FredHuckFredHuckover 2 years ago

OMEGAMAN56, you sure hit the nail on the head!!!

In today's world women and their allies have succeed in making men 3rd class people in divorce and many other parts of Daily lives!

Your story is the best example I have seen explaining in detail how much discrimination men have to endure in today's world...

Thank you for such an honest look at this situation.

Very few people would have the courage to do this!!!

5🌟s

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A bunch of BS stats and stereotypes trying to sound real. The dialogue is pretty bad, too.

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

Good but over the top melodramatic at the end

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

She was prepared to divorce him just over the idea, why should she expect any less.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sounds like Terri is getting hers. He had evidence she would take another man's wang up inside her box. Nip it on the bud and get to hell away from her. Who's to say some jock wouldn't knock her up? Told ya, Saddletramp likes your stuff. Please release that other stuff, you don't know how good you are. I still want the distribution for the unfuck machine, too...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Clever but rather self indulgent and meloramatic, and the notion that all the men would divorse their wives over could drunken fantasy bravado (that they might never act on) is more than a little far fetched.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is thought provoking.

Well done.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story; wife wants to do what she slams husband for wanting. She didn't even get her excuse controlled: only a 1-time thing to it never going to happen. However, the title needs to be changed. Outside of the Feb. Sucks setup, there's nothing else from that story. 4 stars -- Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

4 Stars as it hit way to close to home for Me . I had to pay child support on a backstabbing 16 year old . I caught her and i see the lawyer and I find out I am the one screwed . So I ended up paying child support for 3 years .The kicker is my wife marries asshole and expect Me to pay for the wedding while ass hole walks her down the aisle . Guess what I was out of town that weekend . But her parents got some great video of her and mister ass hole talking about screwing me over before we were divorced

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just another heartless CUNT and sissy loser husband crap. The only good part is that hubby left. Eventhough he was a crying little sissy. No one to like om this mess. The only conclusion could be a divorce. That is if you are a man with self-respect and not a weak sissy coward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The fatal blow to a marriage or relationship is made before the physical act of cheating occurs. Once the cheater has justified their "right" to cheat the countdown has begun. It's only a matter of time. Not to mention the fact that the innocent party has already lost the love, respect and admiration of their, so called, other half. Adultery is so destructive it needs to be a crime again.

korba76korba76almost 2 years ago

Weak sauce… your “writing style “ is difficult to read and follow…

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hi ahead give us your ending

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

The best "ending" to that damn story yet!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have 2 kids: a boy and a girl. I tell the boy to never get married because he'll get screwed by the legal system when he gets a divorce. I tell my daughter the exact opposite. If that doesn't speak to the need for the divorce laws to evolve to keep up with society, I don't know what will

McDingelMcDingelover 1 year ago

You need a proofreader. Is her name Terri? or Terry? Also missing words in the middle of sentences.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story. Hits home on thr February Sucks meme. That being said, men cheat nearly double that of women across most age groups. One of thr main reasons is that man want emotional connection as well as physical. Women only surpass men (slightly) in their 20s. And why is it supposedly easier for a woman to cheat than a man?

phill1cphill1cover 1 year ago

I dislike stories where "men" are whiny victims.

If the woman you married pulls some stupid stunt like this, maybe you're not all that bright yourself. If you got a woman this brain dead and insensitive. Maybe you married for looks instead of for brains and/or sensitivity.

So, who cares if your woman, a closet slut, gets taken. Who cares if you lose your kids? I don't because if you married some dumb bitch who wants to steal your kids (by the way, who WOULD want to steal someone's kids, thereby making the kids unbearable to live with?) it's your sad luck.

But at least be a man about it FOR ONCE and don't whine about it. your woman got taken by a better man, it aint her fault or the guy's. It's your dumb @ss's fault for marrying someone so easily corrupted. Instead of doubling down on a mistake, wake up and make the best of what you've been left. Real life...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmegaman56@Omegaman56
I beleive in honor, integrity and man keeping his word with a handshake. I am judgmental only to the point I make sure I live up to my own standards of other people. I like to see stories end where earned forgiveness given. I am much more likely to believe a man forgives t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES