All Comments on 'February Sucks Forward'

by Omegaman56

Sort by:
  • 238 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Very good. He did have 1 option though - insist on a post nuptial agreement that includes yearly (or more often) lie detector tests, mandatory DNA testing of any kids unless they adopt, and it is extremely punishing to the party that cheats. Not the best option, but it is one that could work with counseling. What is interesting is that this issue should have been discussed during dating, and before they got married. You should know exactly where your spouse stands on fidelity issues. In this case it seems like all the women discussed hid the truth and their true feelings. Considering how basic and fundamental fidelity is to a marriage, it would make perfect sense to divorce someone you can't trust. I wonder what the fallout with their friends, family, and religious group would be in a case like this. Yes, I would like to read your ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"I am a topline Alpha Male. I meet all the requirements of any woman, but I see now it will never be enough for you ....... If I can't keep a woman satisfied and happy, what chance does the average guy have in today's society?"

I keep wondering what chance does a guy in his thirties who hasn't had much sex have to satisfy a woman who has been with a lot of experienced guys? How does a woman adjust to that scenario?

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

Another tidbit of information.

One of the first ancillary discoveries of the Human Genome Project was that over 20% of children in family groups whos DNA was harvested for the study had no relation to the men they thought was their father

.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 3 years ago

Interesting take, but marred by writing issues that decennt editing would have fixed. Dropped my rating by one star, down to a 4 star rating

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

1 star for no ending and then oddly asking if an ending was wanted

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Yup, pretty much said it all. And casual words ruining a relationship.......let’s hear your ending.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Interesting take on the FbSx intro. Alan makes some very good points, based on the statistics presented in this story. I for one would like to read the ending.

A good read, Thank-you.

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Think that is enough for this story.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 3 years ago

First, women aren’t going to tell the men they work with their secrets.

Second, it’s just shot talk. Guys do it all the time and I don’t know anyone that’s cheated on their spouse.

Third, if he can’t trust her, then he needs a divorce for her sake. She needs a man she can trust and who trusts her. Who loves her for her and not for what she does for him.

And no, whatever the fuck his name is isn’t perfect. He farts. His shit stinks. And his morning breath will peel oaint; but that’s not all: at 32, their children are at a greater risk for Downs Syndrome and it only gets worse each year they wait. And what will that be like when they see their first kid graduate when they’re in their 50’s. that attractive.

Not to mention the strain her body will be under as she has children: the bladder issues, the breast cancer risks. Ectopic pregnancies. Miscarriages.

His action is selfish and why? Because he was never in love with her, just what she did for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing...

I would like to read your ending. You’re characters seem to be miss-guided & can easily reach reconciliation.

Thank again

ThitabeThitabeabout 3 years ago

I like the story as you wrote it, but I would also love to read the ending you have for it.

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

A great take on this continuing story. I would like to hear where you take this. Perhaps she could offer a post nup?

OdiouserOdiouserabout 3 years ago

A well-written story on philosophy with some unbelievable assumptions, like men willing to divorce over a tape with bar talk wish lists as grounds. Sorry, you wasted my 15 minutes. I'll pass on the offer to do another.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
THE ENDING ?

OK, lets see the ending. You've left us on the precipice, now deliver the finality.

It was an excellent read, showing the duplicity, so provide the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Read the title and “oh another one”

Loved it but would like to see how you would do another ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Reads more like a manifesto than an actual story. A manifesto of a man with a chip on his shoulder.

I'm not going to go over your statistics and point out other stats and findings that contradict your narrative, as I feel that will just be a waste of my time. I will say that these things are complicated and picking out facts to support an argument that people shouldn't get married is not just irresponsible, but also potentially a self-fulfilling cycle. I've met people who say they won't fully commit to a relationship and get married because they're worried about if things don't work out years from now. This "story" seems a lot like that mentally. Never commit to a relationship because all relationships are doomed anyways. Or as your character puts it: "there is no use in me or any man trying to have a relationship with a woman. They are just a waste of time."

Humans are complicated. We aren't animals. Women don't go into uncontrollable lust and forget about their partners when ovulating. Just as men can handle a monogamous relationship despite having evolutionary and societal pressure to have sex with as many women as possible. Relationships always carry some risk, but to say that risk is biologically assured is such a huge exaggeration and simplification of the issue that it becomes an outright lie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I would like to see if there an ending to this story.

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 3 years ago

Great little story. Kind of a "fractured fairy tale" for the LW crowd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Please share ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice story lets extend it.

SouthdownSouthdownabout 3 years ago

I, for one, would be VERY interested to read your ending This short tale just begs a proper conclusion especially in light of the poor attempt at a conclusion by G.A. Others, especially Saddletramp1956 and PKenny5860 did magnificent conclusions... some others, not so good! I like a happy ending as much as any other Hallmark or chick flick watcher! This story needs an 'equitable' ending as both husband and wife have deep feelings on the subject. I hope you feel it right to complete your story. Thank You.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 3 years ago

i would like to read the ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

If I am not mistaken, the story of GA is the one that yielded the most occurs and "alternative or complementary stories".

This approach is, to say the least, peculiar. It seeks to deal with the character that "motivated" the original story of GA.

I confess I was a good size the way it ended, but in particular, I would like to see Alan overcome his trauma and, if it is true, make his fucking night with Valarie Perry even better.

Although it could be an unassuming conversation by Terri, about spending the night with a famous person, as the words were very firm and there was no doubt that she would do it without the slightest remorse.

Life must take care of showing it, just as Alan has detailed his probable future. But write. I want to see through your lens.

English is not my native language, by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Awesome. Let's make a universe because this site doesnt have enough of this story. Jesus christ. You ought to work in Hollywood. They don't have new ideas either.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

I have read this before I’m sure of it.......

Yes I’d read the end if you want to publish it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Give us your ending

We all need closure.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago

Would have been a 5*, but for the ending, I scored it as a 4*. However, publish the ending and perhaps it will be a 5*.

NorthHunterNorthHunterabout 3 years ago

Excellent story but you need your proof reader to read it more than once! Yes please lets have the ending I hate the way this ends!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

great story. Please submit your ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This has so many errors that it is almost unreadable. If this was the "edited" version I would hate to see the unedited version.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

A unique take on the original. This part of the story is complete and stand alone, in my opinion, so I don’t think an extended ending is required. That being said, I’d welcome an epilogue that expands his/her/their story of life after death. Revenge? Redemption? Reconciliation?

*

I enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 3 years ago

Well the deed had has not been yet and if one or other of the couple can agree it was a mistake to say such a thing then probably they could get past this. Let's be honest what man or woman has not looked at a beautiful Woman or Man hasn't fantasised about having a one night stand with a famous person EVERYONE has that fantasy most will not admit it but the have it. The question they have to ask themselves is SHOULD they act upon that fantasy i would imagine that its a 50/50 split some will some won't. In this case i think the wife made a mistake saying what she did BUT as i said the deed has not been done...according to your ending. So if i was the husband i would sit back watch the wife's reaction and act accordingly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Finish the story!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Post the freaking ending! There’s nothing worse than an unfinished story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Yes to the ending!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Yes! ending please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Keep this guy as your main character going forward. He is the only one on this site with Balls!! Well Done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Please a 2nd chapter

jakie1jakie1about 3 years ago

If any story in loving wives ever needed an ending, this one certainly does!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Please complete your story with the ending you have.

MollydaKatMollydaKatabout 3 years ago

Oh man , a few plots like this will put some writers here out of business ! Y'all know who you are ! ( right now my mind is bringing up Steve2244 for some reason . I like a lot of his works , but then you remember the one his fiance' whore'd for a week , or the one where his wife took off to whore for the band for half a year !

I know there's a lot more folks who write stories that make me pissed worse than steve2244 , but he's right in the front of my minds eye as I type this .

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

......"This is because they still do love their husbands" wants to be the stupidest attempted explanation I have heard! The situation is exactly the opposite. Most women cannot separate sex and feelings and need an emotional connection to their sex partner in order to be able to enjoy sex. A woman who cheats has at least one emotional bond with her sex partner. And she doesn't cheat even though she loves her husband, but because she doesn't love him as much as she did at the beginning of the relationship. Or do you actually believe someone who loves the other person runs the risk of causing him unspeakable pain if he uncovered the affair or found out about it by chance?

Yes, this is the only statement that is true about you "This is fiction and I can say anything I want." Everything else is pure crap!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Hmm he is jumping gun a bit. Guys bs each other, women do also.

Then again ........

More please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Plealse post an ending!

Nic2000Nic2000about 3 years ago

Interesting take on the subject. Please give us the ending.

mainer42mainer42about 3 years ago

facts, figures, articles, blah, blah, blah. Married couples that truly love one another would not stoop to this scenario sir. The husband is a moron and the wife stupid, but communication and true feelings of love would have caused my wife and I to end up laughing at the whole thing and see the ridiculous nature of this conversation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ok ill bite, lets hear part two

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 3 years ago

Oh man, what can I say?!

5/5

Thank you Omegaman56. Despite all these cuck new stories (which I didn't read of course) for today two gems I read -- yours and BillandKate made my day.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 3 years ago

Things were going along fine until I hit the line about “ ...you self-centered, spoiled millennial women.”

Seriously, misogyny does not play well, even in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Yeah

Put us out of our misery

HikingThruHikingThruabout 3 years ago

Glad to see a story about the opening conversation; I'd thought that was the crux of GA's story. I liked this, but if you have one ending ready, or in mind, write it and post it as option one, rather than ask if people want to see it.

KalimaxosKalimaxosabout 3 years ago
5 stars from me

I like the originality and the background statistics. I have researched some of that stuff and it's all as you say. A man has to be an idiot to get married these days. The deck is stacked against us. If I had not DNA tested my kids, I would wonder as well.

Patton45Patton45about 3 years ago

Yes I would like to see the other ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Please...

...we really need an ending!

4****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Actually, I don't think I want to hear an ending. I just did.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 3 years ago

yes. Your ending would appreciated.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Well, I had a hard time getting past your forward because you were stating very inaccurate information.

I've had the displeasure of being witness to dozens of cases of female infidelity over the years and you're simply wrong.

Men are very sneaky too and have even established entire other families that their first wife and children had no clue existed.

The majority of women who cheat draw back emotionally and physically from their husbands and often leave to be with their lover or otherwise destroy their marriages.

Men and women both have one offs in a fairly high percentage long term marriages, regret it and never repeat it with their spouse not being the wiser or, they are suspicious but don't push the issue.

There are a percentage of wives who would cheat with a celebrity or other notable person but there are at least an equal number of husbands who would do the same and I haven't seen accurate data to support the idea that most wives or husbands would cheat with a famous person and there is even less data to support the fiasco that is the basis for this story.

There are possibly a small percentage of women who are mentally unstable enough to try and humiliate their husbands like this and even a smaller percentage of men who would even consider taking someone so deranged back.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 3 years ago

That was fantastic. She ruined her own life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great! needs the sequel

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

What is the ending like? Give us an idea please? If it’s a RAAC I think you will literally have to write another 2 pages just to counteract all the issues that you brought up. If it’s moving on with his and her life that already seems like a foregone conclusion.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Ok. I gave 4* because you got preachy and you are buying into a lot of bitter men rhetoric and including it in this story. Would have been a 5 otherwise if you treated these women as what they actually are, which is full of bullshit bravado. They wouldn't have been so bold to talk like that in front of their husbands and even less likely to humiliate them in public like the psychopath Linda from the original story.

It was a very interesting story otherwise and it definitely has me curious about these characters.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

I think he overreacted to something that didn't really happen, but I do understand it. Some married people talk trash and think there are no consequences while some tell the horrible truth. It's never a bad idea to stand up for your marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I want to hear it

SkubabillSkubabillabout 3 years ago

Please finish it. I found the story refreshing.

Ocean33Ocean33about 3 years ago

I'd like to read your ending of the story and see what happens to Alan and Terri

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Finish it, please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great read, the reversal of parties action great. Need to see the conclusion you have come up with

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Poorly written with inconsistent plot line.

sdoc9612sdoc9612about 3 years ago

Please post or send the ending.

jrhood302jrhood302about 3 years ago

I liked story would like to hear end

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 3 years ago

Loved it. I don't know if an ending is really needed. I have one ending I would write if it were me, but I would read what you write. I kind of knew when she stumbled over the suit case that someone dropped a dime on her. Having her served was a good twist and kind of requires a part 2 in my mind. In the original by G.A. I thought that was a possible conversation a bunch of co-workers might have. When it really happened in the original story, I thought NO WAY! It just was so out there, in real life things like that and a wife that would think that way would is not be real. In G.A. story I think the wife needs to be hospitalized. In your story she needs shock treatment, and that was what I feel you were doing in your story by having her served. Will she have learned her lesson? I guess we will never know, unless you write it for us, we will have to wait and see. Thank you.

looking4itlooking4itabout 3 years ago

I thought this was an insightful and proactive approach to GA‘s original premise and story. When you ask a “what if” question to somebody who doesn’t have guilt yet, you will likely not get an honest answer. They will answer in the way they want the questioner to reply. The brilliance of this story was to put her in the position of “What does it feel like?” and then bring the reality her words out into the conversation. I read LW stories and I wonder about the stereotype of men thinking with of parts of their body far away from their brain but now appears to be a norm from either gender with perhaps women pulling ahead since they control the access to sex better. It makes me sad that for “adults” physical gratification is becoming a stronger personality trait than honoring commitments, promises or avoiding emotional pain. I put adults in air quotes because that type of behavior is most often attributed to young adolescents.

timrivtimrivabout 3 years ago

What a total nut job.This maroon needs to see a shrink. He’s reading into something his wife said not even knowing the context to a point he divorces her. Not to mention she never cheated. She is lucky to lose the idiot!

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 3 years ago

1. She had not cheated on him

2. He had the "fear of god' card in his hand

3. He quit.

4. She finds a better man.

timrivtimrivabout 3 years ago

Stats are wrong. 20% of men cheat, 13% of women cheat.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 3 years ago

Heart breaking as most of the February sucks stories are. Nice spin. Definitely would like to see how you wrap it up.

ikcnollaikcnollaabout 3 years ago

Really good story. Please share your ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I am asking you for an ending. Like your writing. Like your view points. Please post the ending. I may not agree with the ending but the time and effort you put into your writing is appreciated.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

Awful and unreadable…. The author seems to going trumps verison of Science…”people are saying !!??/”

.

EXAMPLE 1 - i have NO ideas what the fuck this senatnce is actually saying

While doing research for this short story I have come to the conclusion that more married women than us men might like to think would do what the women in the forward said they would do.

.

EXAMPLE 2 -- which study? Who ? link? Souce ?

.

A study was done when women were given pictures of men and their profiles. When I ovulating she is more likely to pick the bad boys. If they were not ovulating they picked the secure guy that would take care of them.

.

EXAMPLE3 -- which study? Who ? link? Souce ?

Most of the time that women cheat is when they are ovulating, and they choose not to wear condoms. And it seems that data supports that. Over 30% of DNA test ran on children in divorce cases turn out to be the other man's.

.

EXAMPLE 4 -- which study? Who ? link? Souce ?

The latest studies show that 40% of millennial women and 20% of millennial men admitted to cheating. And women are better at hiding it than men are. They can go to bed with a stranger and go back to their loving husbands like nothing happened. And they still loved their husbands.

.

EXAMPLE 5 -- which study? Who ? link? Souce ?

Women are more likely to cheat in these years, 25,29,39,49 and 59. They need validation.

.

EXAMPLE 6 -- which study? Who ? link? Souce ?

Studies show they are better at hiding it than men are. This is because they still do love their husbands. Men get caught because they do not love in the same way because of the hormone Oxytocin.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 3 years ago

5*. Yes, please do the ending!

BrentJWBrentJWabout 3 years ago
What?

Now endings are going to be held hostage to your selfish desire for praise? Thought you were better than that. Keep your ending to yourself.

Highway69_50Highway69_50about 3 years ago

Thank you, for sharing your interesting version of George Anderson's classic story. In my humble opinion, we need an ending.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

A pretty solid argument for not wanting to be married to any of the women involved in the business trip discussion. Like Alan said you have to feel sorry for the one's that already have kids.

KRD19254KRD19254about 3 years ago

Powerful story, I saw the flip-flop coming but I figured he had videos of her hotel room not the bar chatter. I can only hope his new VP position will be at a satellite plant outside the USA so he can recover in peace.

/

A topic not often broached here is the new modern woman, the modern emancipation of the new woman, where anything a male can say could be used as sexual harassment. With male sperm count decreasing with every generation the RISKS of marriage are not worth the gratifications; sperm banks will soon be how our species will survive due to the crap being drilled into the modern woman by academia. Using his hand is far far safer than jeopardizing his emotional wellbeing on a modern woman.

/

Today, he can loose his job for never saying a word to her, or touching her, but for having elevator-eyes making her 'uncomfortable'. You say BS, guess again, I know a manager that got fired for "elevator-eyes" as he sat next to me in the annual company ethics lecture while we looked at the HR Manager giving the lecture who was wearing a very tight hot dress to her curvy body on an elevated stage walking all over it. Due to not supporting her supposition during discovery she put her sights on me and ran me out of the company too (2yrs later).

/

for almost 20yrs I saw this coming where I have to slow down and parse my words and reanalyze what I'm saying to hope I'm not offending a female co-worker for fear of sexual harassment charge. And once a male is charged with sexual harassment we are guilty until we prove ourselves innocent. White adult males have it the worst.

/

+5*, Hooyah, Salutes....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Red pill MGTOW for life!! Women today are a horrible bet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

YOU DID IT!! Finish it up. She pissed in his Corn Flakes, but he SHIT in hers. Maybe she would realize when she had it good, STAY THERE!! Keep up the good work!

PeelercrabPeelercrababout 3 years ago

What you sow, so shall you reap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Please add and ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Interesting. When you warned that this story was neither a BTB or an RAAC, I was worried. To me, divorce IS a BTB. Maybe I'm uninformed or old fashioned, but there doesn't have to be blood and death and former Navy Seals for a story to be a BTB. I gave you 4*s, though it probably deserves a little more. My only problems were that some of the dialogue seemed whiny. Better than most of these February Sucks redos. At least you realized that a marriage couldn't survive where one partner has been so completely betrayed, humiliated, and stabbed in the back. Thanks for a good story.

MissMudMissMudabout 3 years ago

Please finish it. Curious how you will do it. BTW, even without a finish, I really liked your story. Yhanks for writing.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Nice long kick, but it went wide.

.

Seriously, if we ended marriages over people shit-talking with their peers, we'd have a divorce rate over 100%. I mean, talk is cheap and bar-talk/breakroom-talk is meaningless; saying and doing are totally different.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 3 years ago

Post the ending please. Saw it coming but would love to see where it goes. She didn't cheat so there's a chance for reconciliation after a time of her suffering for her idocy.

EroticaReaderEroticaReaderabout 3 years ago

I'd love to see where you would take this storyline. I like that it's completely different view than any of the other scenarios of Anderson's original work. Great start!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Punctuating Dialogue 101

When one paragraph ends with a quotation mark and the very next one starts with a mark, that indicates the character speaking has changed.

<P>

When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, every paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark.

<P>

If a paragraph doesn’t begin with a quotation mark, that indicates it’s narrative.

Richie4110Richie4110about 3 years ago

Nicely done. You gave this story a new perspective. I would love to read your finale.

Thanks

trandall9991trandall9991about 3 years ago

Now see thats how this story should have been written in the first place. No other explanations needed. The women told their side. Let the repurcussions start before one cheats. Nice story.

OPrimeOPrimeabout 3 years ago

I think she is well rid of this lunatic. The story is a little crazy and you have to wonder how this fellow gets through life. Does he live in a bubble? At least it in't a cuck story!

Slider_48167Slider_48167about 3 years ago

Started to read, stopped ( not more BS from women expecting acceptance on cheating). For some reason, came back and finished and enjoyed the rest. I guess I can’t buy in to the “ hall pass” genre, whether it’s “;average Joe/ Jane” or a celebrity.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmegaman56@Omegaman56
I beleive in honor, integrity and man keeping his word with a handshake. I am judgmental only to the point I make sure I live up to my own standards of other people. I like to see stories end where earned forgiveness given. I am much more likely to believe a man forgives t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES