All Comments on 'February Sucks...Goodbye Jim'

by 2wrongsandaright

Sort by:
  • 234 Comments
muddman74muddman746 days ago

Sorry, once the cheating slut turned up with Hep B, I would have stayed away permanently from her. That shit can't be cured.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

@ Twowrongs and another - the HepB vaccine is not a treatment. And you dixn't mention.that she rushed the children and her husband off to get one preventatively...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I didn’t like the part where the therapist concluded that Jim was co-dependent and that was a bad thing just because he bent over backwards for his wife. Co-dependency is bad in everything but marriage. In a marriage you are supposed to be two parts of a whole. That’s the point. The therapist is basically saying Jim shares the blame because he loved Linda too much where the real issue is that Linda used that love like a knife to stab him in the back.

It plays into the whole fucked up notion that everyone seems to have these days that being a kind, loving person is weakness and being a cruel, selfish asshole is strength.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

When he was watching the wedding singer it should have mentioned the scene when the kid runs out and says “hey Linda - your a bitch.”

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What was that stupid last sentence in this story. Is he sying he's not going to be happy at anytime? Linda jumped in to kick the assholes' ass and actually disabled he prick. He sues and gets 4 million bucks, his wife will be the most loyal of any wife everr was or is. That last sentence just doesn't fit. But a good story overall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

One of the better stories I've read. Showed the "passion" - doubts, hurt, fears, & fury that Jim/ James felt along with that of Linda & ultimately, the children. Few followup stories I've read was as good. "The Bus" is one, tho a much different tale; there's another one where Jim has a confrontation with Dee & David but unfortunately I don't remember the title. SMH

Best of all, I liked that there was some reconciliation between him & Linda but troubled by his dreams shattered of "my hopes of happily ever after" & the writing that sometimes "love's not enough". As above, feeling his continued pain. 5 stars Bob

Sandman87Sandman872 months ago

The name for this story should be "My name is James."

OlefishermanOlefisherman2 months ago

I take it from the screwed up ending he divorced her? Who knows? The kids? Who knows? Try a rewrite of the ending and you'll have great story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

So, a brief mention of Hepatitis C and then nothing - Really?

Who the hell is Jay?

RAAC (should have been in the story tags) - Really? The road to hell and all that.

SanzegoSanzego2 months ago

I am not a fan of RAAC stories. The majority are written on the assumption that being a man means that you are required to forgive because men, being the stronger sex, are supposed to support their families regardless of the damage done to his heart and psyche. Obviously this is a RAAC story and it snuck up on me under the guise of yet another February Sucks story. Call me crazy, but I take a perverse pleasure in reading how Linda pays for her transgressions. . . .. on closer self examination, I may need some help. Anyway, this version of the story actually took me, as a man, through the healing process any man with a heart and healthy psyche would go through to preserve his family. To the writer I offer a well done, and 4 1/2 stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not enough violence, but a very good version. The emotional side for both is well described.

Fiddlesticks49Fiddlesticks493 months ago

Much better ending than the original, don't think anyone can write a better "first part" than the original but not many people liked the ending in the original. That's why there are so many alternate endings stories out there. This seemed to be more "real life" with all the emotions and regrets with only losers and no winners but two people struggling to re-build something special that was lost.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Probably one of the best and emotionally realistic February Sucks variants where they reconcile. Most variants whether btb or RAAC are poorly written or crazy plots with unrealistic dialog or events.

The big difference here is not just the Jim/James change, but that this Linda, while certainly still narcissistic to be seduced like that, is way less further out on the NPD spectrum than the original Linda. She apologizes soon after the confrontation. In only a couple of weeks she realizes she fundamentally broke something and never wished she had betrayed Jim. She went to therapy right away. She was mortified with the STD (Hep B was a poor choice by author imho but meh). She did not have cosmic sex like the original Linda. Her memory of that night turned to self loathing and bile. She did not blame him for the separation. She castigated Dee the first time she saw her. Sex with Marc was exciting and thrilling because of who he was as a celebrity but he was at best a mediocre lover (at least for her tastes), more about him being self centered and making her feel like she was thr door prize for being selected but the actual pleasure was subpar compared to what she was used to with Jim. She gave Jim space. No crazy stunts. No further contact with Marc. Worked out that she had serious personality flaws in therapy. She was honest after she saw how Jim/James reacted. She genuinely lamented what she had lost / was losing. That being said, the reconciliation seemed hard fought, took many months, they started over and their marriage will never be what it was, but if anything Linda v2.0 will be a better wife. It is just that James had lost his concept of a perfect marriage and will never put Linda back on the high pedestal she had before in his mind. To be honest even if they did NOT reconcile, this was a much better Linda (after the original sin with Marc) than thr original and most variants. Only the Linda of the Bus alternate story gets close and that had a lot of contrived plot elements. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is one of the very best follow-ups. The emotion captured is incredible. Another recent one by "Cockatoo" is also very good, with similar strong emotional content, but in that one they don't reconcile, as it takes Linda 20 years to realize how fucked up she was...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You did a good job portraying James and everything he went through. I never favor reconciliation, as I feel you would be better off just divorcing and then looking for someone you think you can trust, as difficult as that would be. You know you can't trust this one. But you did a great job of showing how it might could happen, how she could be sufficiently remorseful and cognizant to allow the possiblity of it happening. Still, what a giant leap he took to try to reconcile. Very, very brave. This is a good, good man.

But wise ? Time will tell. I hope it ends up being worth it, for him.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Didn't think it was bad, but there was more that I liked than disliked. My biggest issue was her having Hep B, and then he had unprotected sex with her at the end of the story. I would liked to seen how she regretted it because she would forever have to make sure that she doesn't infect her children or any future lovers or Jim.

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't stick my dick in a wife that was infected without doing whatever I could to prevent infection.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

“I hate everything.” A George Strait classic.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not sure if I like it or not IF it was me i would NEVER have taken her back Hate cheaters

Is this the 69 stupid VALENTINES MASH UP Do not like it and do not like Linda (jaybee1860

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One of these day's I would love to see a Feb Sucks story where after she comes home and explains how she is the same Linda, that Jim tell her he loves her and would never hurt her like she did him ... and then bitch slap her hard!! Maybe then she wouldn't be so eager to reconcile and we would get to see some of the rage that should be there.

You did a good job with this story, but I still don't see a couple coming back from such a betrayal. How could he ever trust her again, and why would he? How is he better off with her after such an incredible betrayal and disrespecting him.

And by the way, the ending did suck, with Marc trying to get Jim to go with that woman.

Linda still came across as an entitled bitch for most of the story, and by the way, thanks for showing how living together in a disfunctional marriage is truly harmful for the kids.

As you stated, his dreams of a perfect marriage and his hopes of happy ever after are gone. That and the lack of trust are all good reasons to divorce. Otherwise what type of lesson are you teaching your kids, who are never as naive or clueless as we want to think they are.

Finally, no post-nup????

usaretusaret3 months ago

Second reading, upped rating to4. This tale of yours is one of, if not the, best Febsuxs Followup written. I do not think I myself could do what James did, but I think it was damn well done. Good job, kudos to the author.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Jim/James has no intestinal fortitude. He'd be better off divorcing Linda and being a weekend warrior that shows his children good morals then being a shell of his former self that has nothing to give to anybody. If you have to, take a complete powder and start over. Better then being a pile of horse manure. Lousy ending

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thanks for another take on this theme. Please keep writing such enjoyable stories.

XluckyleeXluckylee4 months ago

I love your stories, even if this Feb story has been told too many times. 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Deeply painful, exquisitely emotional. My wife had to ask me why I was so sad. Very real, touching tale regardless of the FebSux angle. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Some people say they're tired of February Sucks stories. Not me. Keep them coming!

ps...if you're tired of them just don't read them!

OOAAOOAA4 months ago

FAN-TAS-TIC story!!! You nailed!!! I love yuor style and your whole work!

Congratulations! 5 stars from here, even you deserved even more ;)

dgfergiedgfergie4 months ago

February sucks? This was one of the better ones as it portrayed the people involved in a very realistic manner. Feelings, anger, hurt, despondency, trauma, hate, abandonment and depression, no one can understand what feelings come to the forefront of your mind when your family is destroyed by a selfish woman who wants more or less from the man she's married to. The only thing that matters is her feelings and gratifying them. No husband or children are given any thought. It's just what matters for her. 5 stars

gopherdudegopherdude4 months ago

This story was very well written. One of the best in the February Sucks genre but the last paragraph was just awful. Cost a star. WTF???

fritz51fritz514 months ago

This was very well written, but I hate that bitch Linda. What she did was so beyond betrayal, that I can not identify with a Jim / James that can stomach staying married to her.

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

Oh BTW the “right” in your nom de plumb is that the direction you took at the end of the driveway? Love the name 👍👍

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

I preferred Jim to James. Jim loved James acquiesced. Jim stood tall that night James folded like a cheap deck chair. Jim held his head high James couldn’t lift his head from looking for his balls. As always your writing is impeccable and a pleasure to read. You always generate emotion from the readers. The best compliment a writer could ask for. Always a fan

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I was shying away from reading more stories from the Feb. Sux routine, but the title caught me. Upon finishing the story, I was glad I did. It's one of the best & in many ways most dramatic story I've read... from this followup or any other on this site.

Following Jim's pain of betrayal/ humiliation, & Linda's realization on what she did, up to them becoming one again, tho differently than when they married, I felt their pain (mainly his) & his indecisiveness about the future. His planning against the scumbag was awesome, along with the scene at the restaurant, but wonder if her push would've actually broken his tibia. Really doesn't matter.

>>The writing was extremely good- (but watch out for quotation marks at end of sentences; you had a few where the person's still talking; corrective criticsm!) - & the story well thought out.

>>5 stars; this's one of the few stories I wish I could rate higher. Thank you for staring! Bob

Rw43Rw434 months ago

THIS.

<>

In the modern world, the Linda character is perfectly entitled to a Disney date with a rogueish Prince Charming--so long as she is not already committed to another man. But because she is, her decision to take a parenthesis from her marriage is devastating to every aspect of it, just like a momentary seizure of the heart muscle can be devastating to the body it serves.

<>

Your story, though heavy on the therapy-speak, is one of the only ones that demonstrates how extensive the damage is that has fallen out since that fateful night. While I am always in favor of Reconciliation that results from BOTH persons working to achieve it (instead of just the offended person), there is no Reconciliation or even friendship possible between Jim and Linda unless Linda fundamentally changes her view of herself and the magical night she enjoyed.

<>

Because children are the least-sophisticated truth tellers we know, their words can be the sweetest arrows that pierce through the self-deceptions we protect ourselves with.

<>

Your version is by far the most accurate to what I've always thought the real Jim was faced with in trying to protect his family from Marc Lavalliere's original attack upon it. Kudos 1.

<>

I also thought your children's dialogue was spot-on and organically childlike without being forced. Kudos 2.

<>

And I found it ironic that those famous detectives Jules and Lassie couldn't solve this case. Did Shaun and Gus sit this one out in solidarity with the perp? Kudos 3, because no one has commented on them yet.

Cwsmooth2000Cwsmooth20004 months ago

This is the best follow up story of them all

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

An eye opener

usaretusaret4 months ago

Did not care for the very last paragraph,. Too abrupt,

mattenwmattenw4 months ago

You've written a remarkably good addition to the original story. I can live with that. There are only two things I would like to correct: A therapist is breaking rules when he treats one spouse and also treats the other spouse without his or her knowledge. This is not only ethically not permitted.

"It's grace and mercy. It's unconditional love."? For forgiving such blatant betrayal? This has nothing to do with personal greatness or love without boundaries. You forgive a mistake because you can live with it or you don't forgive it because you can't live with it. You can really love someone and still not be able to continue living with her/him because the betrayal is unforgivable for you! And that definitely doesn't make you a bad person! 4*!

2wrongsandaright2wrongsandaright4 months agoAuthor

For all of you that get caught up in the Hep B diagnosis

From the CDC:

Not all people newly infected with HBV have symptoms, but for those that do, symptoms can include fatigue, poor appetite, stomach pain, nausea, and jaundice. For many people, hepatitis B is a short-term illness. For others, it can become a long-term, chronic infection that can lead to serious, even life-threatening health issues like liver disease or liver cancer. Age plays a role in whether hepatitis B will become chronic. The younger a person is when infected with the hepatitis B virus, the greater the chance of developing chronic infection.

In other words, the body can and does clear the virus. Additionally, there is a hep b vaccine.

SorchakSorchak4 months ago

There is no Jim, only Zuul.

This was one of the better continuations, but I felt that crippling Marc AND destroying his reputation wasn't really necessary. One or the other was fine, both was a little much.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good spin on the story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

One thing. Linda's push would not have broken Marc's tibia, the strongest bone in the lower leg. Look for tendon and ligament damage in the knee. NTW, I agree with my previous score of five stars. Fat fingers showed it as Give stars. Whatever.

JPB

2wrongsandaright2wrongsandaright4 months agoAuthor

For those of you who get hung up on Hep B here's some info from the CDC:

Not all people newly infected with HBV have symptoms, but for those that do, symptoms can include fatigue, poor appetite, stomach pain, nausea, and jaundice. For many people, hepatitis B is a short-term illness. For others, it can become a long-term, chronic infection that can lead to serious, even life-threatening health issues like liver disease or liver cancer. Age plays a role in whether hepatitis B will become chronic. The younger a person is when infected with the hepatitis B virus, the greater the chance of developing chronic infection.

In other words it is possible for a person to clear the virus. Additionally, there's a hep b vac. that many healthcare workers receive and is available at your local doctors office.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nice , one of my favs for sure . Seems you held on to the general characters and made this a fitting ending, believable and not some B.S. that goes off in a completely different direction from the original. That said, you were still able to make it yours and give real depth to the emotional turmoil and agony that such a betrayal would create. You did well beyond a good job with this and into the realms of excellent.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Going through the story again. One thing stands out starkly. Forsome reason you are super scripting the 'th" in 5th, etc. the super scripting jams against the upper line. There is nothing wrong with 5th, 8th, etc. just sayin'.

Back to the re-read...

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You should warn readers when you are writing a RAAC story! Did you forget that you gave Linda hepatitis B which should have prevented them from having sex again?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@robinhod - If you hate February Sucks stories so much, why did you click on this one? I mean, the title made it pretty clear that it was another February Sucks version, so you can't really say you were tricked into opening it...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@ken philips not cowardly, just smart. Such an attack would get him in prison, whereas what the asshole did lets him get off scott free.

The problem here is the raac and the lack of sufficient revenge. The cruelty just isn't there, the raw brutality is missing. The asshole isn't marked for life, isn't traumatised beyond belief and he still has money. He needs something to make his life a living hell, something so horrible it's at the edge of the story being taken down.

furrycarl1956furrycarl19564 months ago

Hep B is forever. Now he’s got it.

jaythemanjaytheman4 months ago

This is one of the 4 or 5 best versions. You had Linda say and do things that actually made the reconciliation make some sense. I also really enjoyed your dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

There have been a number of quite awful addendums to the rather thin original story. This is by an extraordinary distance the worst. Drive a stake in its heart for heaven's sake.

BSreaderBSreader4 months ago
Wonderfully

Written I enjoyed the revenge on this story. Great job please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

One of the better continuations. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Liked it

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I like how you had him struggle with his thoughts and where to go from there. I like how he said if it were not for the kids he would be gone.

What about the STD? Hep B is pretty serious stuff so why not have him NOT swap spit with her and when they finally had sex why no mention of a condom? You didn't explain how it was cleared up (if it can be cleared up).

I think the way this was written it would be a much better ending f he gets a new home (decent one), they divorce or formally separate, and just remain as friendly as they can but do not enter any kind of romantic relationship. She ruined it forever.

inka2222inka22224 months ago

I'm not sure I fully buy the reconciliation, but the fact that she basically suffered no cost for her betrayal other than feeling a little sad for a bit, means this only earns 3.5 stars, despite the author's pretty good efforts. AT THE VERY least he should have demanded a draconian post-nup; and spent lavishly in things HE wanted and not on her from now on.

R_GazinyaR_Gazinya4 months ago

Five just for the dialogue with the kids. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well February sucks has become a right of passage for this site and this version is pretty good 4 stars even if he took her back.

GardenshedGardenshed4 months ago

Good story, liked how he changed his name to James. Good idea to use a bang stick, the knee was a good idea, but I could think of better places to pop him. Liked the emotion of the story and Jim felt real. The ending was a little weak.

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I dread seeing another FS story, but obviously I read this one. Judged on its own, it's okay, but it really doesn't add anything to the FS genre. {Yeah, FS is a genre.} You managed a few new ideas for the storyline, but you left open a few details. What happened to the hepatitis B? Since it is not curable by treatment, I guess we assume that Linda is part of the majority that cures itself, but it would be nice to say so. What happened to the police investigation? If his car was seen at the time of the assault, it is hard to believe that the investigation just went away. They made love for fourteen minutes? Really? He had a timer going?

CelestialFalconCelestialFalcon4 months ago

Jim says:

"Diseases. I can only imagine how many women that asshole fucks. That's the stupid part of all of this. I thought we had something truly something special and you decided you wanted to be one of the thousands of sluts that have fucked a football player because you thought it makes you special."

That's an astute observation, and one I kept finding myself returning to. That one statement provides an emotional connection to the story for me. I think it's the statement that refutes the whole premise of the prologue to Anderson's original story. They're as special as one of thousands of used condoms.

DormayVooDormayVoo4 months ago

The first FS sequel that I feel captures the proper amount of rage from Jim and the proper amount of contrition from Linda. So kudos for that. I don’t see reconciliation as the appropriate outcome given the general tenor of the work, even without the hepatitis B. Add Linda’s hep B to the mix, along with the prospect of a lifetime of Jim having to use condoms with Linda to avoid infection, and reconciliation looks all the more unsavoury

AstordatairAstordatair4 months ago

@robinhod

I fail to see the purpose of your comment. You seem not to realize the incredible power that you have: if you've had enough of the FebSucks sequels, JUST DON'T READ THEM!! You have the power to chose to skip them, you know? This will certainly be better than giving a 1* to someone who put the time and effort to write something fun to read (and who did a great job BTW). I give 5* to 2wrongsandaright for this sequel, and 0* to robinhod for their comment.

ken philipsken philips4 months ago

I think the concept behind this shot at the alt ending but you lost me cold with the cowardly attack on Marc. Two wrongs never ever make a right, and revenge is a corrosive concept that destroys lives

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMad4 months ago

I don't have a lot to say that hasn't already been said. I will say that although you're not a bad writer, you need an editor to cut out the boring and redundant parts, it should have been cut in half. I did appreciate the fact that you finished the story, so kudos for that.

robinhodrobinhod4 months ago

I think this writer has the talent to write stories from scratch. Piling another load onto the February Sucks heap has become meaningless and pointless. I kept relating to the vast library of non-improvements on the original and it all became just too much. So I stopped. This was about halfway down page 2. PLEASE EVERYBODY, STOP DOING THIS!

Irrespective of quality - I gave it 1* in an attempt to deter writers and readers from February sucking.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"You cant make marc a shitty lover and you cant make linda unsatisfied by her actions. " - Anonymous (1)

-

Actually, you can. The basic premise of the story that attracts so many readers and writers is the otherwise faithful wife suddenly betraying her husband when presented with a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. All you have to retain to stay true to that premise is her leaving with Marc. Beyond that, everything is fair game. She doesn't even have to go through with having sex with Marc, as leaving with him is betrayal enough.

---

"This fails because you diverged from tne original character too much." - Anonymous (2)

-

I have to laugh at this, because the basic premise of the story is the "faithful wife" suddenly diverging from her original character. Her leaving is a critical moment and to think that her sudden divergence from character could not prompt her husband to diverge from character as well is, well, idiotic. These stories are all about exploring those other possible divergences and reactions.

-----

"As a result, YOUR version is neither a continuation or a sequel….it’s an alternative. " - Anonymous (2)

-

Yes, all of these alternate versions are just that, alternative versions. There have been a few continuation/sequel attempts, but they largely fail because it's what happens after Linda slips out the back door that is the driving force, not what happens after Jim accepts being a pathetic cuck and taking the slut back. Having him suddenly grow balls after that is simply too unbelievable if you take all of the original story as canon.

---

"Linda was, and always will be, unforgivable. Write your own stories." - Muskyboy

-

Actually, that is why there are so many alternate endings. The original has such a great premise followed by such a horrible ending that everybody and their dog that reads it truly believes they could do it better. Had the original been a BTB or even a believable reconciliation, it would never have spawned so many attempts at correcting it.

---

"Call me a hopeless romantic, but a good RAAC story will always be better than any BTB..." - Anonymous (3)

-

How about I call you a hopeless idiot, because there is nothing romantic about a RAAC story. I think you probably just meant reconciliation, as a true reconciliation is going to involve romantic elements. However, RAAC is a misnomer as it is a surrender rather than a reconciliation, thus the "all/any cost" bit. There is nothing romantic about getting beaten down and succumbing to your abuser.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Too many words for such a simple resolution. He is a cuck, and she is a slut. They can't help it, it's in their dna. As a cuck of course he would stay. It's not Jimbo the cuck now, just James the cuck. Such personal growth. Felt so alpha when he punished the dude who did nothing wrong but seeking some willing pussy. Until the next comes and ravages his slut's willing hole. Because that's a cuck's lot in life and no whiny introspection or shitty new age counseling will ever change that. Also staying for the kids is worse. I was one of those kids. And the author even knows how it goes from the daily life described but still doomed the poor things in this RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Why in the world is Jim still with her? She told him in the letter about her fantastic night but now she claims Marc is a tiny dick horror of a lover. Obviously Jim must see through that line of bullshit. Her Maserati comparison tells him immediately where he stands. So, as she already realizes, without the kids Jim would be long gone. Jim needs to leave, and if in the future his children give him grief about the divorce he can let them read her letter.

Why is Linda still hanging on? She sees the look of bad memories crossing his face and she must realize that he is thinking "Fucking Bitch." She probably assumes that once the children leave Jim will be on his way out too. Just make an end of it. Even now her marketability as a 30 something with two children isn't great and after 40 she's facing an even steeper downhill curve. Short term relationships are probably her future but if she leaves now there's an outside chance that she can snag a long term partner. And a long term relationship seems to be what she wants given her efforts to rope Jim back in.

These two would be best off separating but, as the author's creations, they can do as they are directed to do to suit the requirements of the story. 5 stars for one of the best February Sucks follow ons.

silentsoundsilentsound4 months ago

This was ok. I don't know how I feel about it though.

It started to get interesting by digging into some poisoned wounds but always shied away.

Frank66Frank664 months ago

Mostly well written, well thought out, but too long with too much endless dialogue. 'I love you so much'.... obviously not, 'you're the kindest, bestest, most everything ever man I ever met'..... really? The Linda portrayed in this story could have been reconciled with, but that's not the original Linda. Could a narcissistic selfish bitch ever admit to it? The story had both Jim and Linda on the same emotional page by the end, but that's not possible. Still, I enjoyed it, good job.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

There should be a warning at the beginning of the story if there's reconciliation.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

TraLaLa, I have no problem with reconciliation, it's on a case-by-case basis, and I don't believe that THIS case deserves a reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I was a therapist for over 25 years before retiring so would like to think I have some insight into what makes people tick.

I agree almost wholeheartedly with servant111's comments about an RAAC story being impossible in this situation. The callousness with which Linda leaves her husband on thier special night is not the actions of an individual capable of unselfish love. I'm not saying "good" people can't fall or be seduced in the right situation but to blatantly leave your spouse to have sex with another is not a scenario that a caring individual would even entertain.

That being said, I enjoyed this take on the story and felt the author did a good job presenting his scenario. The therapist sessions were believable though I question the ethics of taking Linda on as an individual client without Jim's knowledge as she started out as his therapist. CAN you do this? Yes. SHOULD you do this? I personally would not have with informing Jim.

There's a few other items I would nitpick, but overall a well written story worthy of being read.

Tomh1966Tomh19664 months ago

At least in this one, Linda somewhat earned her reconciliation. (Well, mostly)

Well done as usual.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not a fan of RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very well done. A reconciliation of sorts but the memory lingers on. Gotta believe that what they've got is something that's good enough for now but is also something that won't last. When the kids leave it's probably over. He can play around with changing what he's called, but the fact that she publicly spit on him, and the fact that he no longer trusts her, will keep coming back into his head no matter what name he's going by. Not a great basis for sticking with her. 5*s. Thank you for adding to the FS treasure trove of captivating reimaginings!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A great tale about the pain one experiences in forgiving the unforgjvable. Thanks.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Poor story. Figured it out on page 2. Nothing new hear. Wife cheats on husband, husband is upset, husband goes back to wife. Just a fairy tale - and a very bad one at that.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Red many of the comments.

In time of stress we speak to protect one’s self.

Fairly reasonable or real action of flawed human.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I loved it and Yes, it's as good as the original. This one actually seemed to make sense, including the talk with Dr Kitzler, explaining why Linda did what she did.

Dlh143Dlh1434 months ago

In the end, Jim remains a wimpy cuck, Linda remains a diseased cheating whore, and Marc remains the player who ducked a good man. Totally unwarranted RAAC.. Not worth 1 star for the overdone scenario.

Pjam1968Pjam19684 months ago

I liked the idea of dissociative associated with the name changes

Chimo1961Chimo19614 months ago

At least the asshole was dealt with. No career and cash taken

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT4 months ago

Defintely one of the better AEs to February.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The first page is in my opinion the best explanation of how bad James felt and the level of of contempt he felt for his wife. The rest was bullshit.

99% member go back for her actions, the final one % was her upgraded explanation. I could never forget that

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This story started out with what seemed like a good direction marred by poor execution. Sadly, the poor execution continued while the direction of the story failed to stay true. There are parts of the story that might deserve a 4. There are parts of the story that definitely earned a 1. In the end, it was a struggle between giving it a 2 and 3. I like that Marc got taken down a notch, but the way it happened was not well thought out. In the end, I think that 2* was the correct rating.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This is one of the better sequels, congratulations. I think it is logical and believable, regardless of what might be considered the most probable outcome of Linda's betrayal. One of your strongest elements is the role the children played in this story. Too many authors give brief acknowledgement to the children's existence, but totally miss the critical role they would logically play in the continuance of the marriage. You also left out all the drama of their friends' roles in Linda's betrayal, including her supposed best friend Dee. OK, that might have been a fault since obviously Linda's lack of morals and ethics is reflected by the friendships she had cultivated. Some discussion of future friendships would have made more sense.

\

Overall well done. Thank you for the effort.

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Read it a second time. I think this version of Linda, and probably others have to tell themselves that it was the greatest sex of their lives in order to somehow convince themselves that it was worth risking their marriage and families for. If it’s not a fantasy night with a god, then they’ve lost it all for a cheap romp with nothing. A narcissist like Linda couldn’t let that happen.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I agree it is a totally different story. You cant make marc a shitty lover and you cant make linda unsatisfied by her actions. She loved the sex and was not sorry she did it. Jim was a sorry wuss and here remains a sorry wuss.

Decent story of a wife who took s shot at great sex only to find it wasnt but lucked out that husband was a wuss.

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Great story! You managed to show how his pain and anger finally cracked her shell and she was finally able to understand what she had done. Her fantasy night with the prince turned into her nightmare with a narcissistic snake. Once she sees it with his eyes, they can begin the long road back. They can never get back what was lost, but a new normal is possible. He was lucky to find an outstanding, no agenda, therapist who was able to really help them both, and his revenge was total. The bang stick to the knee was almost painful to read about and ruined his football career. The website destroyed his image and drew him out for the confrontation and payday. First sequel I’ve read that actually has Linda waking up to what she’s really done to Jim, and her happy life. So damn good that I read it twice.

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Probably shouldn't have diagnosed her with hep B and made her a narcissist. Story would have worked then.

LAJ23LAJ234 months ago

The saddest story I’ve read on literotica. But realistic, reasonable, even educational. But sad.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I've read all of the February Sucks endings that I can find, and your's is one of the best. The emotions felt real and believable. The physical violence was a little over-the-top, but that didn't ruin the rest of it for me.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Story was a couple of pages too long. It jumped the shark on page 5. It started out as a thoughtful examination if true costs of infidelity and ended up as your typical burn the bastard. Author was probably afraid one of the walking dead would call him a cuck.

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Middle of the story:

The narcissist showed real remorse? Not possible

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good writer but I think he took lessons from Cagivagurl. Endless repetition of facts already stated, adding nothing to what the reader has already learned

tralan69ertralan69er4 months ago

@sbrooks103xabout 6 hours ago

"I'm the same woman I was last night. I still love you just as much as before." - So, the same woman who betrayed him, who didn't love him enough to stay with him. - You've said that before and it didn't make any difference then either.

\

"I want to thank you for allowing me to have last night." - He didn't "allow" shit, since she never asked him. - He didn't stop her or even act like it bothered him until she was already on the dance floor.

\

"I'm sure that Marc has been and continues to test clean or he wouldn't be able to play," - They're tested bfor PEDs, not STDs. -bfor?

\

"If you loved him so much then you shouldn't have killed him." - Yep. - It didn't kill him, it hurt him deeply, but didn't kill him.

\

"I committed an almost unspeakable harm to you." - No "almost" about it. - They both spoke of it, so almost fits.

\

"I used my mouth and vagina during our time together. He also performed oral sex on me." - I don't think he needs a blow-by-blow description. - This was the therapist idea.

\

@SithLord, I agree, why do so many stories destroy the seducer, when he owed the MC nothing, while the person who owed him EVERYTHING often gets a pass. - The seducer is an asshole for going after a married woman, so he should be hurt as well.

\

Sorry, for me, her offense was simply unforgivable, divorce is the only valid outcome. - And most if not all of your stories are reconciliation.

Kernow2023Kernow20234 months ago

one of the better sequels to George's famous story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user2wrongsandaright@2wrongsandaright
Entering a new phase of life and trying some new hobbies. I have submitted My Choice for approval. It's an expansion of the Your Choice 750 word project. Hopefully it will satisfy those of you that wanted more detail