All Comments on 'February Sucks Only If You Let It'

by BeBopper99

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedabout 2 months ago

This is a decent variant on a theme completely worn out in the last six weeks. There is enough new thought in this one to make it worth a read.

shadowjack17shadowjack17about 2 months ago

Yeah. Officers. Who could not fight out of a wet paper bag, by and large. Be afraid of the sleepy eyed killers in the back rank and the hard eyed Sergeant who leads them. Officers. Okay, we'll go with that as a "better than" thing. Funny part is I used to be that hard eyed Sergeant. Had a couple of interesting conversations with "Officers" during my time in. Usually ended at Bronze Star with V or "how DID you get the Croix de Guerre?"

Just saying. A college degree in underwater basket weaving does not make you a hero. The kid from the barrio of East LA? HE'S a hero.

hankmbb1017hankmbb1017about 2 months ago

Short, Sweet, and best remake of GA’s tale!

GreyMatter46GreyMatter46about 2 months ago

Good job at being both logical and human. thanks

StrappySandalsStrappySandalsabout 2 months ago

I think it's time to leave the "February Sucks" franchise alone on top of its well deserved pedestal and stop insulting it with unnecessary alternates!!!

MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 months ago

Agree 100 percent with StrappySandals.

Martyr2002Martyr2002about 2 months ago

Why do so many Loving Wives authors parrot the old trope of staying together for the children? It's not true. It's only better for the children if the couple can truly reconcile. In cases like this, where one spouse becomes the warden/parole officer for the other it never does. The relationship changes and that affects any child negatively. It damages how they perceive a healthy relationship and marriage. It's always better to have the children raised in a happy home with a happy family.

Most times that means mommy and daddy can't be together anymore.

looking4itlooking4itabout 2 months ago

I have been thinking about this recently, with the resurgence of the FebSucks storyline. The original premise was the candid admission from a small group of women the most, if not all, women would drop panty, if propositioned by the right Adonis. The shock value of that revelation was that it wasn’t premeditated but rather spontaneous. So when a story, like this one comes along, and adds the planning ahead addition, I feel that it really doesn’t carry the original plot idea. so, while having a somewhat novel idea of Jim’s reaction, I don’t believe it fits the original to intent of the story and challenge.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 2 months ago

I almost gave this story a pass. I don't normally read stories that grade under 3.9 or 4.0.

jkthekatjkthekatabout 2 months ago

those kids will grow up with or without you, your first responsibility is to yourself. Nice and short tho-5****

richard2675richard2675about 2 months ago

Maybe a 2, doubt it should make a 3.

mainer42mainer42about 2 months ago

not one of the memorable versions

LWLover60LWLover60about 2 months ago

Why do so many people who hate FebSux read clearly marked FebSux stories then whine about it? Don't they get enough CuckTails to keep them happy?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 months ago

I liked it. For a moment I expected the usual "I'm a Navy Seal..." nonsense, but the wine and knife were clever. The insights at the end were, too. There really is no way to know what she intended, but she did worry too much what her friends would think and too little what her husband would think.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceabout 2 months ago

This had a new angle, and coming up with something different is appreciated. I can't say I liked it though due to the resolution of the married relationship. If you need to check up on your wife for a year, the relationship is dead already. Healthy kids, that are successful college graduates, that come from divorced couples, are around everywhere. However, the story flowed smoothly, and the resolution, while not to my taste, is not illogical, so I can't hold it against a writer that the writer wanted his story to go in another direction.

waifwaifabout 2 months ago

I am confused by a few things. The MC is a former military officer and can turn on and off his "combat mode"? How exactly does that work? The MC just happens to be besties with the manager/owner of the club? The MC sees incontrovertible PROOF that his wife and her friends set this whole thing up, yet he takes her back?

Pinto931Pinto931about 2 months ago

Liked the name LAVALLEMERDE. Laval is a place and Le Merde would translate as The Shit.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 months ago

So Jim heard Dee say that Marky would pick a woman to return the next day? Then didn’t immediately tell Linda about consequences? Then when her text didn’t immediately say ‘no’ to Paris trip, he didn’t leave her at the hotel?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This is one of the worst editions of this story. Good thing you don't allow voting on it because this would have gotten a 1.

CelestialFalconCelestialFalconabout 2 months ago

So even after they leave the club, Linda is still scheming and would go with Markey to Paris ... and, yet still, Jim decides to have another child with her. We always hear how delusional Linda is, but I think Jim outdid her in the delusional department this time.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 2 months ago

One of poorest versions of this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I've been waiting on this variant and it's good, but it was apparent she intended to go to Paris with Marc, so she had intent even AFTER everything that happened. So I would not have stayed with her.

Just for the record, and speaking as a person whose parents stayed together for the kids, it was pure hell and we kids more often than not were the victims of substantial collateral damage. When they finally did divorce, life got a LOT better for all involved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What I find fascinating is that, socioeconomically, men tend to marry down while women tend to marry up yet 90% of divorces are filed by women.

MarmadukephuknukleMarmadukephuknukleabout 2 months ago

BRAVO!!! Finally an ending I can identify with; I loved it. If you were open for grading, five stars for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

5 stars

bhill8671bhill8671about 2 months ago
It is long past time,

too put this tired old nag back in the barn and to bed! No stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A different version to the same useless story. What happens next, is Marc caught having sex with an animal? Or getting one of the husband to allow him to have anal sex?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Dave got Jima back is the best moment.

kirei8kirei8about 2 months ago

Started out as a 5+ then disintigrated to a 1. There was little doubt the lying slut would be in Paris the next week. Why you wimped him down to a life with a cheating whore is known only to you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wonderful, 10 stars! Asshole finally got his, and his cronies paid, too. Dee, the whore, didn't fair well, either! NICE!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Awful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

An umpteenth highly irrealistic RAAC in line with the endless fetish-cuck bombing. Nothing new.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The line "Yes, we're still together. Why did I stay? The primary consideration were the children. A broken home usually means broken children." is almost always false.

Children will live better with separated parents, living a new more stable life, than within a family destroyed by an irresponsible and immature betrayer wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

HELLLLLLL YES

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just another fempov promotion for the irrealistic free-cheating-without-consequences. This is more a fempov fairytale for the slut wife and hell for the sheep husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Another cuck-raac fantasy with the usual husband acting without a male brain. Tons of these already here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Another good one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I see.my first comment is gone, so I will try again. This is a welcome new wrinkle, which is true of all the recent ones. It is also a solid four stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

So all her pleading to him was about just dancing and rubbing it in her friends face. No sex. But this guy doesn't tell her to her face that she said she would go to Paris the next week when Mark asks her? How does that not get mentioned and considered? She did NOT have an epiphany. She played the cuck to the max.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Not good. He should have divorced Linda.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The knife was self defense. This didn't happen in a government school where the useless, woketard "highly trained education professionals " have abolished the right of self defense so that a kid defending himself from a bully is punishment for defending himself. Consequently, the bit about Dave and the knife was irrelevant.

There was no basis for forgiveness. Linda even continued to plot to fuck around after she was caught. That drops this to a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

An umpteenth attempt to sell the idea that a cheated-cucked husband should take his cheating-whore wife back for the "best interests" of their children. The only best interest in these cases is that of the slut betrayer wife, that don't want the inevitable divorce and let the world knows what kind of a whore she is. Just one of the too many unbelievable cheating-cuck "alternative" feb-suks versions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Where are the RAAC and cuck tags ?

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Banabout 2 months ago

5/5 Stars. Oh… wait… the ratings are not available at the moment. Shame. Of all the versions, this is very much how I would see myself handling things. Yanking my wife back down to her seat when Asshole invited her to dance.… dealing with Asshole in the bar… exposing Dee as a slut and humiliating her verbally… hustling my wife out of the bar and up to the hotel room… ripping Linda’s phone from her hand and reading her emails and texts… Everything is how I’d see myself handling things… Right up until the point that I read about the planning that went into the evening, and finally after reading that his wife was replying to the text saying that she’d go with Asshole to Paris. After reading everything on the phone, at that point it would have been a divorce for me. No matter how much she begged. No matter what kind of epiphany she had. Divorce would be the only acceptable ending for me. Again, great story!!! BRB

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 months ago

Hmmm. Good luck buddy

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 months ago

Skub,

Yeah 3.75 is about my limit unless I’m familiar with the author. Still deciding what I think about this one. Sure wouldn’t have had the last baby.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Amusing. But, come on authors. Let this story line die the death it deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nice paragraph. I hope you feel better now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

5 stars! Just saying. Original and well written. Thank you for adding to the FS universe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Love it. Humor and define nice win the day in this version.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

One of the better 5 star versions

BSreaderBSreaderabout 2 months ago
Well

Yet another take.

Hardday1953Hardday1953about 2 months ago

A real man will take the high ground as in this story. Most Anonymous comments have no concept of the difficulty of writing. Excellent effort, five stars. Grace or mercy is a sign of the quality of an individual.

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 months ago

Good enuf version, i do enjoy when marky suffers some form of grievous bodily harm

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 2 months ago

brutal. not bad or wrong, just brutal. I liked it. Quick thinking on Jim's part. They used to give stars out for good stories..........? Thanks.

The BEAR

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 months ago

Good job with the story. Thanks for your writing.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 2 months ago

The author wants the praise, but afraid of getting blind-sided on the score. There were many stories written after George Anderson dropped the basis for this story on us, and I think I have read most of them. In my opinion this one is a 3 at best.

robinhodrobinhodabout 2 months ago

Added nothing. Why bother?

Chimo1961Chimo1961about 2 months ago

Any version where Mark gets shorts an automatic 5.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 months ago

Kind of ho hum actually. So many of these around and many better than this.

xtc5xtc5about 2 months ago

enjoyable for the most part.

Thanks

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

Great little story!

silverthorne16silverthorne16about 2 months ago

All the wife's excuses were pure lies! She was ready to go to Paris with the Asshole, even after everything that went down. No way would I have taken her back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I completely agree with the comment left by looking4it. The planning beforehand changes the entire outlook of the story. 2.5* at best.

sf_operative63sf_operative63about 2 months ago

Not as good as the other GA aligned stories..

DOL

RosenkavalierRosenkavalierabout 2 months ago

Wow.

So called toxic masculinity allover the place.

As if only violence could solve problems.

Stories like this make us men look bad.

Luckily there are still some that are strong, but prefer to use their brains as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The valley of shit? Priceless. Good story. Linda would be on a very short leash. Perhaps required puppy play twice a week. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Fairly original take.

.

Don’t understand why he still didn’t dump the bitch. Her phone proved that she was absolutely going to fuck tne guy without remorse.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Really like "Pinto931 " comments. They describe perfectly the character you created. This has been one of the best endings to what has become the go to for another ending. Great characters, although you never called the ex Army vet by name but you definitely gave him a new attitude.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

"I've never seen that side of you before," - Maybe because he's never seen the slut side of her before.

\

"Mark asked me to dance with him, and he was such a nice gentleman." - He didn't JUST ask her to dance. The "gentleman" insulted Jim and announced that he'd be bringing Linda home the next day.

\

If Dave had the knife, why was there still one knife per person on the table?

\

Would have been a three if you allowed scoring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A broken home usually means broken children ...what horseshit!!! Staying with a disrespectful cheating whore slut means broken children. Staying for the children is never a reason for staying. Bounce the whore and move on. Her story about how she wasn't going to have sex with him..is just that...a story.

RePhilRePhilabout 2 months ago

Didn’t think the husband could be written as more of a wimp than in the other stories. Good job!! He truly is what readers here seem to classify as a full blown WAAC job (wimp ass castrated cuckold). What a terrible way to live having to track your wife for even a second never mind the rest of m of a miserable life. As usual your writing is top drawer. Extremely well

paced and the a wonderful balance between dialogue and narrative. Full 5&FAV!!!

RePhilRePhilabout 2 months ago

Oops no star scoring. Fav and Follow then

Trc2003Trc2003about 2 months ago

It's pity we can't vote.. 6 stars for a really fun new take

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I see some of the negative comments and think they're unwarrented. You wrote a good story along the F.S. lines. Often women do plan and scheme behind your back with other women. It happens far more than we think it does and it doesn't involved NFL athletes but coworkers, business owners and such.

Good that you wrote a story where the Good Guys win without too much mahem!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Trite

MartyMartiniMartyMartiniabout 2 months ago

Please can I wake up some day and not see another of these stupid Feb. Sucks stories?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

One of the better versions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I liked it well enough to have given it 4 stars if voting were possible. At least Linda learned her lesson, and Dee got what she deserved...a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Another tale over done!

AethurAethurabout 2 months ago

I can't say this was a faithful adaptation of the original, but at this point, those have been completely overdone. This felt like you were almost going for the full crackfic treatment, but stopped short. Kind of wish you had just gone full ham on it.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 months ago

Linda was planning to go to Paris with Mark the following weekend and got caught at it! She will ALWAYS be unforgivable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I understand why you turned scoring off. 2*.

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 months ago

I love the ending for Mark...

Waldteufel61Waldteufel61about 2 months ago

Sloppy work ⭐️⭐️

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 2 months ago

I'm favoriting this and give you an honorary 5 Stars!!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous