All Comments on 'February Sucks - The Bus'

by other2other1

Sort by:
  • 542 Comments (Page 2)
sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I'm unlikely to read this, as I simply can't see how using the facts as given in the original that there can be any kind of a reconciliation.

\

From reading the comments, it's been retconned that Marc ISN'T a great lover. That's a rather significant change to TRY to make a reconciliation possible.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

You wrote an excellent story even though it was a sequel. It was tasteless to use the hotel room, but effective in adding more crap on Linda. The closing was unnecessary and if anything detracted from the good story you wrote

jaythemanjaythemanover 2 years ago

I now officially like the sequels. My favorite is the one set 20 years in the future, but I like all of the versions where Linda finally understands. I would have liked to have Linda give Jim a hall pass and have him use it, just for balance.

EZ8ltEZ8ltover 2 years ago

This RAAC was forced as fuck, and that's exactly how you don't write a good RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The one thing I like in this story the MIL SLAPPING Linda and disgust her. In the west ppl always against hitting women even is she is a bitch, crazy, selfish, stupid, arrogant, cunning, and deceitful. How can you possibly choose an option without hitting them. Violence sometimes needed bring back the brain cells. Finally I will never agree to reconciliation whatever remorse Linda show to me. The betrayal and humiliation is core to Death already. That's the essence of this GA's story that pulled many. I can die alone as a happy single rather than a husband to person she already killed without a second thought on a wedding day. Reconciliation or RAAC is illogical, immoral, irrational and delusional for the February sucks storyline.

wrangler61wrangler61over 2 years ago

At least in this story she has demonstrated true remorse and is not reliving a great night

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Just plain awful, from a fellow Aussie.

Scores 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, I did like the part where his Mom slapped the taste out of Linda’s mouth. By, that same woman raised a pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Hmm

Well written, but unbelievable no one would take her back apart from maybe a masochist. Reconciliation stories are fine but this beyond believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I won't even bother reading this story. I read the original and found it to be one of the worst stories ever posted in LW. The wife in the original was so disgusting and the husband so pathetic that I didn't think anybody would even bother with it. It's disgusting that so many good authors chose to even acknowledge this garbage, but actually wrote sequels to it. You can't make a purse silk out of a sow's ear so why even try? From the comments this one didn't go over very well. Of course there will always be the cucks that will say otherwise. It's an automatic one star rating for every February story that I run across, that's my way of saying, why make a garbage story famous. It didn't earn that kind of respect. I wish this trend of continuing other author's fuck ups would stop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One reader called this story pathetic. Would have to agree. The original was pathetic and every sequel written about it. What in the hell made this story so popular? Is it the lack of anything good to read in loving wives? Just take a look at the stories posted today, their scores and comments and you'll understand. The one key is going to get one hell of a workout.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 2 years ago

Just unbelievable. No man would reconcile after that level of humiliation. Just wouldn’t happen. 2/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

THE HOTEL ROOM ISSUE....

3 different commentators....Harryin Va.... miket0422.... and some anonymous reader.... Have all noted the significance of against of Linda bringing her lover / Marc back to their supposed romantic Hotel room that was supposed to be satisfied just for Jim and Linda.

.

This act ruins the entire story because it's a new level of humiliation and masculation That was not in the original story. As others have pointed out that act by Linda should make the reconciliation less likely ....not more!

.

But besides the story plot it's clear that the author thought that

.1) everybody reading the story was an idiot and would never see the significance of this OR

2) perhaps the author himself is an idiot and doesn't see why Jim overhearing Linda and Mark fuck Would be a problem for him

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Full stop.

I was enjoying this take even though you were writing Him as being a little too weak.

Then you took the truly pathetic bitch cliche andhad Him turn into a truly worthless man by saying "Would I be better with her or without her?"

Goddamn! Why didn't you just turn him into a full on cuck because it would have been just as awful to read about.

Linda was an irredeemable character and your portrayal of her betrayal was even worse because she used the room her husband paid for!

This could have been really good and maybe you could have sold me on a reconciliation eventually if you were willing to do the hard work in writing it out.

But no, you wrote Jim as a pathetic wimp/saint that is a cardboard cutout of a character.

This was such a waste from such a good start.

Even though much of this was much better than most produce on this site, 1* for falling so short of what you're capable of producing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can't believe people are complaing about an end with a reconciliation. The original ended the same way. It's called being true to the characters. This is one of the better alternate versions. One minor quibble, how the hell was the botel liable?

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 2 years ago

Have you ever heard in Australia the saying, "Actions speak louder than words?" Well, there is no way a man can trust a woman after such an open demonstration of indifference and callousness Linda exhibited the night of her cheating. She cheated on him in their special night after three consecutive dances and left Jim behind in the club like a forgotten nuisance. The ONLY resolution to Jim's conflict is divorce. Their marriage is dead, she killed it as sure as she fucked LaValliere. Whether Jim would be able to give her a second chance after their divorce, could conceivable be possible, but I doubt it, no matter how pretty she is, she did something so openly and public NO LOVING WIFE ever does. Sorry, I don't buy the premises of your story. However, the story is sell-written and different from others. Thanks for the story and the effort!

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Interesting take on the story, but not believable. As someone posted earlier, GA made Linda a cold, cruel, calculating, selfish bitch who disrespected and humiliated her spouse and then expected him to just shrug it off and continue to treat her like a queen. No, there is just no coming back from that. Divorce is the only logical response. To say otherwise is like saying, Ted Bundy was a handsome, charismatic, intelligent, likable guy - except for that whole serial murderer thing. Linda was a great mom and loving wife - until she elected to destroy her marriage. No thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Eh, a decent attempt to make her seem like she was sorry. But really just sorry about the aftermath. She wasn't sorry during or right after her slut time. No sense of guilt or shame, no sense of sorry. She would still be gone for how easily she just up and left with another guy. Trust absolutely shot and without that there's nothing, love alone cannot conquer all.

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoyover 2 years ago

In the realm of fiction, anything can happen. It's the writer's job to make that anything believable to the majority of readers. Add to that the problem that (I believe) a majority of LW readers are BTB, and your job is nigh impossible given the original story. Linda's actions are indefensible. Congrats for working Dee's jealous cheerleading toward Linda's unforgivable (in my mind) actions. That, at least, offers some cover for Linda to wiggle around in while Dee becomes the bad guy. Who among us hasn't been led astray by someone we trusted and thought was working for our benefit? Unfortunately, I don't think it is enough for me to approve of the RAAC outcome.

other2other1other2other1over 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you everyone for the comments, I must admit I was surprised at the venom coming out around the reconciliation, it was noted that this was going to align with GA’s reconciliation approach so you should not be surprised. But I think this is why the FS series creates such emotion, to reconcile or burn their story tugs at our emotions.

For those that pointed out the grammar issues, yes, there were more than normal as once I got the edit back I made and changes and posted it anyway.

I must admit I did smile when I hit the submit button on this, I had a feeling that it was going to ruffle a few feathers…

Cheers everyone

John Other

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Couldn't finish page 1.

hapmarriedhapmarriedover 2 years ago

Very well done. You picked a destination (reconciliation) and wrote a compelling journey to get there. Through many February Sucks iterations — including my own — I never felt that this marriage could survive, but you made a decent case for it.

Realism could have been enhanced by.tightening up loose bits, such as the delay in identifying the bus victim and Linda’s incomprehensible return with Marc to the hotel room, But many fine tales require some suspension of disbelief. Besides, sometimes real life isn’t logical,

Don’t be discouraged by this site’s many rude witch-hunters, whom I suspect are deeply wounded cheating victims on a zombie-like quest for written medication. There are serious readers here as well.

DreismeDreismeover 2 years ago

One of the best sequels I've read. thank you. Five stars.😀

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really like this one.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

I thought this version was entertaining and put a fresh viewpoint on the scenario. Well done. By the it’s "c’mon", a contraction of "come on", not "common" which can mean "not unusual", "everyday", or "shares certain traits".

robinhodrobinhodover 2 years ago

WHY?

The original was a great story. There have been many 'tributes'.

This must be the worst. Surely the writer must have realized?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your writing style is very good as always

the story content on the other hand is meh

George Anderson, who wrote the original, did no one any favors with this awful piece and all the sequels

I think you are aware that the ratings will be...mixed right?

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Nope. No woman could be that callous and indifferent and then feel the remorse you described. You did a nice job trying to portray Linda as remorseful but her prior actions just made it unbelievable. No saving this story.

JohnD46JohnD46over 2 years ago

Well done. I like your ending. Thank you

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

I greatly enjoyed this unusual version of GA's story. An engaging story, with some elements not seen in any prior versions. I found the reconciliation believable, given the involvement of Jim's mom. 5 stars.

/

However, I found the plot element of Jim being unidentified for several days while unconscious in the hospital to be highly unlikely. He had his wallet and room key with him when hit by the bus. Even assuming the first responders could not find either the wallet or room key, both the desk clerk and employee that talked to.Jim outside his room would have been able to identify Jim.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Yes, one of the best rewrites. I enjoyed it very much.

I do think the sex in the hotel room was very unlikely. The cheaters would just never put themselves in such a position.

I look forward to more of your writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A little long, for my taste, but a quick read. I liked it better than most of those other Feb stories.

Maturity is learning to recognize when people change and adapting to that change. Lacy has grown and learned and changed for the better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was one of the best versions I have read. Well done.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

wow, next have him lick the dried up cum off her busted asshole. If they reconcile so be but at least let her be worthy. And he should drop mom and lawyer with linda's ass. Why ask if that's what he wants, if your going in half hearted. Also mom would be dead to me for bring the letter or the whore to his hospital room

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

I almost didn't read it and then I almost quit reading. With the degree of disrespect she showed him I'm not so sure I'd have taken her back. It was a good story and I do like Reconciliation stories somewhat. Still I gave this story 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think you did a great ending to the February Sucks story. The bus accident was a really good stroke, because it them time to be apart and t!he MIL coming in was also a great idea. Very good writing too. Enjoyed this ending greatly, especially the last scene in the Club.

Longhornfan

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm all for Reconciliation truly, not fan of blood bath stories either but you made Jim such a pity case in this so weak that it almost looked like another character. And once Linda was back you turned plot

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

The writing was clearly 5*. However, some of your assumptions as to why we are all so passionate about the original missed the point - entirely. The problem with the original, and you picking it up "after the fact", was he presented Linda as a truly devoted, loving wife looking forward to a romantic evening with her husband. Given the setup, there is NO WAY that woman walks out with anyone other than her husband. There has only been one story (sorry, can't remember who wrote it) that addresses the core flaw in GA's original. In that writer's version, Linda and Marc actually meet at a shopping mall with their kids well before that night and sparks start to fly. The story from there takes many twists and turns (too many in my opinion), but at least defuses the absurdity that a truly loving wife would do what Linda did. I do agree with others, your version is one of the best in relating a women's remorse for making a horrific mistake. 3*

Buster2UBuster2Uover 2 years ago

10 stars to writer. This was by far the best ending to this great yet nightmare story. The wife shed enough tears that her remorse was believed. I would have opted for her to prove her remorse by cutting her own nipples off, or at least putting gigantic rings thru them. Best version of all of them.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

So it was a smoke screen cuck story. And not a very good one either.

I dont mind RAAC stories if well done and the woman deserved it but what she did, the way she did it, makes this ending completely fucking ridiculous and no man, except for one of those pathetic emotionally dependent people.

You see only cucks will accept the humiliation of what she did in front of other, yes this IS a cuck story, no matter how you weakly disguised it.

Shouldnt have wasted yours and our time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oi Okay first, Dee could do the morning after or an abortion without any problem. Second, Linda would not strike LaVaillere more than once before either he or more likely his body guards put her down like a bag of potatoes. Now, as for the lawsuits, that all strongly depends on the state. States what would pay 7 figure casualty suits would never pay on the sex suit ... period. States that would allow the sex suit would never pay 7 figures for anything. I have a real life example of a drunk football player who killed a wife and mother, and the family got low 6 figures. He was completely in the wrong, driving to fast, several times the legal limit, and it was all they could do to keep the lawsuit in the courts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This take had some good qualities. The primary one was to ask “what if?” the Linda character truly has total remorse for her actions? You handled that pretty well…along with the help from a very proactive mother-in-law.

.

Despite that, it still begs reality that Jim could reconcile with the remorseful slut. And frankly..getting hit by that bus would make it harder, because that accident was a direct result of Linda’s slut behavior.

.

At the end of the day, the setup of the original story remains impossible — it is just not credible that a truly loving wife and mother would do that in those circumstances. And that is what makes it impossible to even imagine a husband reconciling with her if she did.

.

Good effort. 4 ****

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 2 years ago

Well, the keyboard commandos are out in force again and I hope you'll give them the respect they deserve. Your Linda is a different woman than the one inhabiting the pages of most of GA's follow-up stories, and Jim is better off with her than without her. Not too many thinking men will 'cut their nose off to spite their face' and your Jim is a thinking man. 5 Stars and thanks for the read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The thing about reconciliation is that it's slow and you go in circles at times. To an outsider things might seem fine but the marriage is always fundamentally different. I've spoken to a couple that have reconciled and seem to have a fantastic relationship. The type people point to when they say reconciliation makes your bond stronger. And the cheated partner flat out told me he wouldn't do it again had he known the amount of effort it required. 10 years later he says he still would experience a trigger and for a moment it's like it just happened again. It becomes less frequent but is down to maybe twice a year after a decade. They're tight, love eachother dearly, but said he wish he had divorced. And the cheater is constantly reminded whenever she looks at him she can never regain the title of perfect wife and knows he will never trust her 100% again.

It's annoying when RAAC stories have a happy ending because it's not really happy in real life. And it's annoying when things are better after a few months because it will last forever. And when it's summed up in a few lines when it would require it's own series.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasover 2 years ago

Five stars for a well-written story. In my opinion he was justified to go home get a gun and come back to the hotel and kill them both in the bed. So I do not agree with how you ended the story. But my preference has nothing to do with how well crafted and well-written your story is. Congratulations on an excellent tale well told. That said, I still would have killed them both.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 2 years ago

A Great February sucks Story!

Satisfying. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sure, fine, OK, whatever. I mean who gives a fuck? She acted like Martian Slut Ray had just blown her brains out, leaving her with only a functioning vagina, and nothing else. Then she rehabilitates herself on the back of her husband's broken body. If the husband is stupid enough to believe she truly regrets getting the best sex of her life, then it makes sense that he takes her back. And if she's a complete saint, or fucking around with Marc and his team mates, the dumb shit cuck is probably too stupid to find out. So if a woman fucks over her husband in the middle of a forest and nobody hears her cum, did it really happen? Your story makes that much sense. Thanks for the effort.

njlaurennjlaurenover 2 years ago

Getting hit by a bus was brilliant, on so many levels. I liked Jim's mother, too, she was a great character. The only weak.point in the story was the friends, they were as bad as Dee, they enabled Linda too and then tried to smooth it over, I didn't Jim could remain friends with them.

Not sure about the lawsuit with Marc, not really a lot he could sue for.Alienation of affection is antiquated, so what could he sure for? He could threaten to go to the press and sell his story but that would hurt Linda. They might agree to a payment in return for a non disclosure agreement, but but likely.

Another issue if he was hurt by a bus the cops would be involved and they would contact the wife about him being in the hospital right away.

You did a decent job with US English, about the only slip was using 'lounge' in the house during the story. In the US that is a living room:)

Overall it works as a reconciliation, it doesn't make it easy, they both realize there are issues and work on them. Linda takes responsibility and makes amends,she drops Dee , and doesn't try to justify it, plus she makes it up to Jim, by complimenting him and giving him things she never had.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

one of the better endings, you mentioned better off with or without them, i would be better off with her but dont gave a say cuz shes dead, my point being enjoy and cherish your partners cuz someday you wont have a choice

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

How did you come up with this tripe. The first half of the story had quality conversation and a great new take with Jim being so distraught and getting hit by a bus. But the for you to add the RAAC into this story after you added the part about Jim hearing them having sex in the room Jim reserved for them was too over the top. No man could hear or see another man ducking his wife and then take her back. The injuries should have been another added layer on her betrayal that lead him to divorce her ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really like your writing. I don't say I'd do what Jim did, but I believe Linda was truly sorry. She didn't help Marc fuck her again, she not only told him, she showed him how much of a scumbag he is. Then, Jim put his manhood evrywhere, including her pooper, and then he put a bun in the woman's oven that loves him!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He felt ten feet tall walking next to a known hoe in the same room he was cuckolded? Are you a fucking retard?

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

Not a reconciliation as promised by author...

RAAC on the cost of public humiliation, disrespect, betrayal and breach of trust...

No man or woman with a self respect, can do this..

Except the wimpy pervert

Impo_64Impo_64over 2 years ago

After what she did, no chance at all that marriage could be saved! This writer made her actions even worst! To make that possible you turned the cheating wife into a different person! 2*

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

I mean, c'mon! This just plain sucks. Again and again and again.

If a person can't keep themselves from fucking someone...who even believes any of these characters???

Negative 5 because it was basically a mis-mash of all the other derivatives with a few stupid clichéd phrases: "it wasn't supposed to turn out like this..." ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

you can't throw in some phrases and call this crap chicken salad. PLEASE turn your talents to something worth writing about. This just dumbs down the audience. Ahhh. America.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the worst stories ever posted on this site. Pure crap.

CriosCriosover 2 years ago

Well written story. Did a great job of "americanizing" it too, even catching most of the "in the hospital" vs. "in hospital." :)

One thing though...she said neither she NOR he could promise anything about the future. That's not true, they both promised on their wedding day. She broke hers and while, yeah, he could never be sure she wouldn't do it again, to say he couldn't promise either was not right.

eightytuneseightytunesover 2 years ago

YET, there are open marriages, so either has their freedom (good example are those in porn who claim to have a *spouse* [yuck], and fuck for the money first, but the sex second. I guess the sex at home has no lasting EXCITEMENT[?], = STALE to fuck someone at home).

Anyway, to those who can survive infidelity, good on them.

More and more there are the open marriages happening. I guess variety is their utopia.

Don't get married, don't have kids, just go and fuck anyone, and live your life outside of the OATH of marriage. AND *WWJD*.

And, the worst feedback I have read is the porn star talking about going to church, reading *their[!] BIBLE that is tailored to their belief of open sex in public*, talking to GOD, their belief they can do whatever, because they have been allowed by GOD to do it!

4.5STARS, and to hell with the naysayers. Does it always have to be BTB!

wilcoxfunwilcoxfunover 2 years ago

Very well written story. It takes a lot of time to create. I appreciate the work you did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No way, just no freaking way! Jim goes numb realizing his wife just left him for another man. He then hears her in what was supposed to be their love nest, effectively shattering his world. Then proceeds to be physically destroyed by a bus. The ptsd this should have caused would never be resolved in a few months time regardless of super mom. This was one of, if not the best, portrayals of Linda's guilt when she finally wakes up which makes the RAAC even tougher to swallow. Hearing her moan with pleasure the next time they are intimate should cause a complete system failure. There is no other answer other than saying prove it when Linda claims she will not contest the divorce. He doesn't have to go full on Nuke, but there is no way " the better with her or without her" should even come into play with the damage she caused. His body should be triggering all the alarm bells in the world just from looking at her. He then goes back to the scene of the crime and gets an ego boost the next year, sheesh. A letter and a talk are not going to be able to justify this much damage. I'm not saying they couldn't find there way back together after years of therapy, but no way is it done this easily. 5/5 for the guilt. -3/5 for the RAAC. Final score 2/5. Thanks for messing with my emotions!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brought tears to my eyes. Clearly most of the BTB respondents here must score high Neandethal DNA and it’s a shame they can’t recognize a great story.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

I kinda liked it. Not perfect, I still feel reconciliation is nearly impossible with Linda in most any FebSucks story but this was one of the better reconciliations. I feel it didn't dip into RAAC territory but it was right on the border. Some things I really liked about the story such as the mom being added into the mix, Dee getting her own comeuppance (when it comes to these stories she is nearly as much of the villain as Marc), and the husband's physical injuries giving Linda her own pain to deal with. 5 stars, pretty good all things considered, didn't leave me wanting to punch something or get drunk like some FebSuck sequels.

Boardman68Boardman68over 2 years ago

Interesting twist to the ending of the original story. In the end though, I don't think it in reality would end with them together. Even if she did apologize, which she did. It seemed to be all in the context of how it hurt Jim & the marriage. If he had not been in an accident, nearing lost his life, with multiple injuries but instead had just gone home would Linda had the same remorse & level of apology? I doubt it.

She was certainly sorry about what happened to her husband, but weeks later she still implied to Dee that Marc & the sex was great. I just think for her husband, what she did wasn't a mistake, she didn't have too much to drink, she wasn't away from home or her husband. What she did was right in front of her husband & all her close friends. On the night, they set up for a romantic dinner & evening. That was more than one night of time-out from the marriage. It demonstrated an arrogance ("I want this & Jim will get over it."), self-centeredness, scheming (enlisting Dee to help her pull it off & what Dee should tell her husband), beyond that fact that it was cheating, betrayal of her husband & marriage, Put it altogether, 'trust' has been shattered. I honestly don't know how in this scenario you ever re-build that trust. Oh, Jim could choose to stay with Linda but inwardly he would be miserable & always worry it could happen again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

the carolinadreamer is opening his cuck mouth again. He can't make one comment without insulting some one. What an idiot As to story not going to read it. Tired of these shit stories about February, one of the worst stories ever written. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1*- I don't care how well written, it's a February story. Enough said. Have to agree with last comment about,, the carolinadreamer. Knowing his political preference says it all for me. A adulterer T lover.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To the guy who said, the hell with the naysayers, does it always have to be BTB? My answer, to hell with the Cucks, does it always have to be Cucks? 1* not because it's not well written, but because it's a February story. It didn't require dozens of sequences. The original was bad enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow dude,

You did a great job of a really hard topic, I agree with some of the comments that GA’s story was not the greatest, but I also get where your coming from in that its become a bit of a Loving Wives right of passage.

For all you idiots insulting this guy and his attempt to write a good story around reconciliation, go fuck off to your caves and learn how to look at thing objectively, I’ve read this guys first series Double or Nothing and the entire last chapter was him writing the ex-wife burn, give him a break, he’s trying to be flexible!

Mr Other, I’m enjoying watching your evolution as a writer and I want to encourage you to keep writing. Don’t be discouraged by the idiots spitting their shit about you. I get the feeling you were trying to make Linda look better than she was, if I was the write this (and I wouldn’t, I don’t have you words) I would have gone BTB. But I don’t think you went RAAC like some people said, this version falls a little more in the middle.

Should Jim have taken her back, I am left wondering that at the end of your tale. I think I still would have thrown her out. But you interested me with your end note that you had an immediate family member that went through this. Overall from the reconciliation point of view I think this is the best and most believable version that I have read. I loved the character of Ruth, she was great and the I caught your reference from the TV series The West Wing, well done. I liked how how you portrayed the regret with Linda, I don’t think that would work in real life, but I get you were trying to get an outcome, I also liked her screams of anguish.

From the positive comments here, I agree with them that the angle of Jim getting hit by the bus was great. It brought an element of unctroled drama that was missing from the original. The fact that you kept Marc as a minor footnote in your story also made it easier to believe the reconciliation.

And dude, as I said kept writing. Each of your stories is getting better and better, can’t wait to see what you publish next.

lastly, I again say to you pricks throwing insults and curses at this guy, go back down into your mothers basements and keep masturbating to your gay porn. Your insults show your lack of intelligence and that you have no idea how to read the tags on a story, the next time you see the words February Sucks and Reconciliation DO NOT READ THE STORY. Go beat your meat for an hour and leave good authors trying to address difficult topics alone, if you have to express your displease, do it in a constructive way that helps the author so that they keep writing.

I for one want to see more from this guy, I think he is one of the most promising LW authors we have seen here in years, he’s going to keep getting better, and I really hope we get to see the story of the dream that he has hinted about. If its anything like Double or Nothing its going to be awesome.

Thanks Mr Other, keep on keeping on!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Since the carolinadreamer commented on commenters just as much as the story, fuck you you limp wristed bullsucking buttfucked cuck.

Also, have a nice day.🙂

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 2 years ago

I do not understand any theory under which the hotel would be liable to the husband. The wife entertained a guest in their room. So what? Her choice, her room. The husband steps in front of a bus. What did the hotel do wrongfully to cause that?

Makes no sense for the hotel to pay him anything. Hotels are where people go to fuck. That is the business they are in. I would win that case for the hotel.

The wife, however, owes Marc big time. She assaulted him and cost him a lucrative season if not career. Big judgment against her.

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago

I think Jim should have had a piano dropped on him. So much more dramatic than a mere bus. Or, maybe a steam roller could've rolled over him. Failing a piano or steam roller, the go to dramatic cause of injury would be a bomb. Perhaps a terrorist could've been worked in to the story to ignite the bomb.

Aside from not taking full advantage of all the wonderful ways Jim could've been injured, the story just never rang true, nor did it deal with the trope of the original story in a manner that did very much with the emotions raised in the original, at least for this reader.

Linda got pissed at Dee after the fact? Linda screwed Marc, Dee just wanted to. Linda used Dee to effect her escape with Marc. Dee at least understood Linda's lust, but Linda acted on it, Linda getting pissed at Dee was absurd. Using the hotel room? Linda is shocked she was heard? C'mon! (not:"Common, kids").

Really, this was a semi brain dead continuation of a gut wrenching tale, and it managed to squeeze the broken heart and real devastation right out of it, despite hitting poor Old Jim with a bus. Next time, hit the main character with a piano, my review will appreciatively reflect the proper choice of a more creative and absurd instrument of destruction. I have to say it, the choice of the bus was too pedestrian. (Ouch).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An interesting take on the story, and if your going the reconciliation route like the original author did, it is a very good attempt. In fact of the reconciliation stories out there, I think this is one of the better ones. From the start you tried to get Linda the slut to feel bad. Jim wasn't quite a cuck (but it was a near thing for me). I LOVED the bus and him getting taken out. Linda puking was also funny.

Your big problem is that GA's tale wasn't a good one to begin with, I like you trying to stay true to the characters or the outcome, but its a hard story to write to. I also like that you tried to bring it out in February. However its still February now, I think if you tried to polish it a couple more times you would have found those mistakes you made once you got it back from your editor.

Don't sweat the trolls here, I don't think they have much more to do here than complain about anything that isn't seeing the cheater going down in flames. I really liked Forced Perspective, for your first story you knocked it out of the park. The Twins in Double or Nothing we're a little much but the story was solid.

If you had tried to write this from the beginning your own way, I mean as a reconciliation story I think it would have been better, but I get you trying to do your own version.

Overall this was a great effort, you managed to scrape the edge of reconciliation without coming off too pathetic. One word of advice though, don't too to many reconciliation or cuck stories (not that you have done cuck yet) I think you have too much promise as an author to go down that route.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

@eightytunes, no it doesn't have to ALWAYS be BTB, it depends on the offense and what the offender does to "atone." For me, and I think many, if not most readers, what Linda did was simply unforgivable. That DOESN'T mean that it has to be BTB, but reconciliation has to be off the table.

BOOMER1948BOOMER1948over 2 years ago
Thought Provoking! Best Reconciliation Version.

I wasn’t going to read your story after reading in the preface that it was a reconciliation version. Stressing Linda’s remorse intrigued me into reading it anyway.

Truthfully, if it was happening to me, I would have found it difficult not to take Linda up on her divorce concessions.

There is an age old conflict between “forsaking all others” and “for better or worse”.

The decision to reconcile, when influenced by the question would one be better with or without their cheating spouse and the complete and total remorse of the cheater made the ending satisfying but even though I would want to make the same decision, I am not certain I could do it!

My version would have divorce, reconciliation then cohabitation. Just sayin!

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this version of "February Sucks-The Bus" alt. ending. There were a number of mistakes in the stories editing but I think it was one of the best reconciliation stories. Linda FINALLY got it. The whole premise of two people as in love with each other as Jim and Linda in the beginning, and then, Linda would be so callous as to sneak out for one night of sex with Marc never made any sense to me. It still doesn't. That said, it was in the original story and anything else would make it a similar but totally different story. Linda's reactions after learning what she did to Jim, the depth of the hurt and feeling of betrayal sounded real and honest. Her letter to Jim just reinforced my original feelings. So, with all the negative comments from, as former VP Spiro T. Agnew said the "Nattering Nabobs of Negativism" should be just ignored. Thanks for the ending. Maybe you should give it a good polish for next February in 2023.

towgtowgover 2 years ago

Decent to very good alternative ending, ruined by a total lack of editing. -shrug-

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is one of my favorite alternative endings to “February Sucks” (reconciliation category). Very nicely done. Needs a little editing, but a well-conceived story.

FreeAmericanPatriotFreeAmericanPatriotover 2 years ago

I am normally of the mind to toss the wife out on her ass, but even I would have forgiven Linda in this instance. I would worry that she would commit suicide if I had left her.

xtc5xtc5over 2 years ago

While Marc was arrogant, he wasn't cruel, SERIOUSLY???

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She needs to see a therapist asap. Not bad, not great. She barely suffered any consequences for her cheating. Rushed RAAC.

Richie4110Richie4110over 2 years ago

Loved it although I was skeptical when I began to read it. Thanks for this new slant.

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

I cannot go along with a husband that choses a reconcilation after the astronomical disgrace and disrespect shown by Linda in GA's story. Never, ever, ever will he get those images out of his mind, of her leaving him him holding his dick, in front of all of their "friends" while she goes off and fucks another guy, regardless of who he is. And in this version, she takes asshole to the room her husband paid for? And he just stands outside the door listening? NO.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The getting hit by a bus was a good new twist for this story. The raac was where the story tanked for me.

My favorite continuation was were Marc got his skull crushed in. That was a great story ending

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

Wife = a lying pig

Husband = BIG SLOPPY VAGINA

carvohicarvohiover 2 years ago

Hi! A few things , , ,

I remember not liking GA's story but believing there had to be more said, I wrote a sequel myself. In my sequel I didn't feel there could be a fulsome recovery, but I thought I added so many obstacles that GA's hero couldn't just walk away completely.

I enjoyed your sequel, but reconciliation, or recovery, became troublesome. She did openly break the marriage. Like Humpty Dumpty it was something that could never really be repaired. However, his injuries would require lengthy recovery, and he'd need someone to be there. Linda was the obvious choice.

You're Australian. I almost went there in 1964, but went to Thailand instead. Oh well.

I fived you, but I five everybody I read. I haven't liked many of the sequels, haven't read all of them. Yours is good.

carvohi

other2other1other2other1over 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you everyone for the continued passionate comments around this story. I really love some of the ideas that people have had around variations on this idea. I've also had some frank discussions with a few others here and I guess just to put something down. I agree with most people that what Linda did was bad, as in if I was Jim, after reading the letter I would have divorced her on those terms even with the regret she had shown, however my aim was reconciliation, because that's what happened in GA's story (even if my got there a different route).

For me reconciliation is the hardest to write, and not because so many people here have a lot of rage that their lens for reconciliation is pure rage and hatred, but because the emotions involved in reconciliation are so diffcult to articulate. I know from the family members I mentioned in the bottom of my tale.

But everyone can relax a little, my next story "On The Mend" is full BTB, and "The Nuclear Family" (Once I finish writing it) goes another step further.

But everyone, try not to insult authors that are writing reconciliation or RAAC, In a lot of cases they are trying really hard to tell difficult stories and they need encouragement to write in a more believable or fantastical way. Insulting the Author or swearing at them as many of you have doesn't help us write better and just hurts and stops us becoming better authors improving our tales.

Lastly, I just want to thank you all for taking the time to read the story, if you left a comment, good, bad, or ugly. You engaged with my plot and my characters, cheers, I appreciate that!

Regards

John Other

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Definitely the best ending to this wonderful emotional story. As usual well constructed and well written, keep up the good work. I look forward to your next effort

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perhaps the best of all the FEBRUARY stories written. Certainly a different slant on the original story. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your from Australia? the land where men are men?? Myself accepting that image of aussies your take on this story surprised me. The story is well written but way to much repetitious dialog on why and how the husband and wife did what they did and feel the way they did about it (the letter also falls into that category)..Aside from that you surely must know deep inside yourself that any man with integrity,self respect and pride would never be caught in the same room with her in real life. How in the world could you come up with such an unrealistic reconciliation. A husband in real life would not have been able to distance himself from her fast enough.You did not state he received brain damage to enable you to explain it away. A Saving factor in this story compared to other stories is no over the top revenge. It is a different angle and other than the ending it is realistic.. Just a suggestion: best fiction is plausible enough to allow the reader to accept it.

JZK

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Excellent writing, and a different spin on this popular story. I felt the emotions of the characters, and that shows me how good a storyteller the author shows us he is.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WONDERFUL STORY, please write more!

Tls2753aTls2753aover 2 years ago
Very well done

I liked your take on the story a lot, and I thought it read well.

The link in the intro for “Big Time” links to the original instead.

husker506husker506over 2 years ago

This is how a true writer will keep the true feelings of the original author in-check. Definitely a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

no.....just...no....and for the love of all that is holy....please everyone....drop the Feb storyline. The only answer here is divorce....maybe a recon down the road.....but not after jut getting out of the hospital......I am ok with a recon.....but this way.....just plain sucked

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 2 years ago

Needs editing.

That being said. No way in hell would she be allowed back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In GA's original story she went with ML back to his house, this time she took him to the room she was to share with her husband for their celebration. That was really bad. She must be an extremely stupid woman.

I would find it very difficult to even talk to her about anything, especially reconciling, after that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1* Yes, February does suck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The the author: Get a dictionary, a thesaurus and a grammar handbook. Then, study them and keep them at your side as you write your next story. Credibility is a big issue in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Linda;s remorse letter is full of crap! She didn’t live Jim. If she loved Jim, then no one else would matter to her! Jim should have just divorced the cheating bitch and got custody of the kids based on Linda’s whorish behavior.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userother2other1@other2other1
I am just you’re average Aussie guy, I have a wonderful family, I enjoy a rum and coke, driving my Mustang (which my kids also love) and I own a couple of businesses. I work with a few different editors, but note that my mistakes are my own as I like to tinker after an edit. ...

SIMILAR Stories