All Comments on 'February Sucks - The Bus'

by other2other1

Sort by:
  • 542 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I totally agree with the commenter below from 3 months ago which started with "I disagree with quote a few of the other commenters." The comment is easy long but raises some valid points. TL:DR ... while this Linda did a despicable thing, this variant of Linda AFTER her betrayal is a much more redeemable person. And the Jim's mother was amazing. Not sure Linda having sex with Marc in their hotel room made any sense or was necessary to achieve the same result. Brilliant plot device to separate then for weeks based on hospitalization after near death of Jim being hit by the bus. The letter and the phone call and her own grief, the excorciation by the MIL, etc were excellent. And also this Linda not being hung up on cosmic sex with Marc. Just a good, even great, night of fucking, but properly cast in comparison to Jim as her excellent lover and husband there is no bullshit of her being addicted to Marc, or falling for Msrc, or pining about her one night of cosmic sex, or her masturbating to the memory of that night. Bleecch. This Linda has the possibility of being able to have a reconciliation. She doesn't deserve it, but at least one can see how Jim would try. Other Linda variants; no way.

Nothingman83Nothingman83about 1 year ago

Love your work. This Linda was worthy of a second chance and I liked her treatment of Assbreath at the end. One minor error that frequently shows up in your writing is the use of "Your", when it should be "You're". Is that an Aussie thing?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There is no continuation of a marriage after what she did. A somewhat cordial relationship, perhaps, but never man and wife. The medical crisis raac trope is way overdone and unconvincing. It's especially inane in this case considering it was a consequence of her betrayal. This Jim is just another fucking cuck.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

I hoped that Marc would get hit by the bus in the title. I also just don’t see how Jim could ever reconcile with Linda after her cheating, but you told a very good story that seemed to work out. My favorite versions of Feb Sucks end with Marc dead or crippled, but this one goes in my top 10. You done good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The balance of the punishment is hilarious. He gets run over and cheated on. And she stops talking to a friend? Wow truly worthy of reconciliation. Cuck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A great poet once said: Wherefore I say unto thee, her sins which are many are forgiven, for she loved much. It was a great story. But gravy on french fries? Yuck.

other2other1other2other1about 1 year agoAuthor

I find it funny that I keep seeing the comments of gravy on the fires, almost as much as other more negative comments.

Seriously, some nice beef gravy that is just that right consistency over the top of some hot chips where the outside is crunchy and the inside nice soft and steaming hot…

I always thought it was a thing. growing up I would also put tomato sauce with mine and mix it together between games on the hockey field on a Saturday morning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Was very mediocre. I'm not a fan of stories where the the husband or wife treats their significant other like utter trash. I get that you wrote it to RAAC and those are the worst types of stories imo. She did EVERYTHING that a horrible person does and, BAM all is forgiven by the end because she writes a letter. Sorry but that's utter crap. To me these are some of the worst types of stories around. 2* because you have the courage to write a story.

Lillian.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I read the story with great interest and while it’s a RAAC, the bus and the addition of Jim’s mother was excellent in my opinion. Loved the original but the reconciliation in this story works much better than Anderson’s original. Linda is not repentant and it drags the narrative down.

The author succeeded it making it believable. Bravo!

Now to the issue of gravy on fries. In Southeast Pennsylvania near Philadelphia where I grew up and live, gravy on fries is very common. My wife of 40 years still enjoys them that way. Go to any diner or greasy spoon and it’s on the menu.

John, I assume it’s common in Australia where u live.

Thanks again for a compelling read.

Pepjoroso 1031.

1_Inquiring_mind1_Inquiring_mindabout 1 year ago

Dipping fries in pepper mill gravy (country gravy in the USA) is fantastic. Never tried with beef gravy. Have to give it a try

Dlh143Dlh143about 1 year ago

In the end, Jim is still just another guy who got cucked and accepted it. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

you came in that dirtball again????? OH YOU POOR BASTARD!

this is why men like this get cheated on in the first place, the pig just goes over the odds in her head, in this case she knew she had better than an 80% chance at getting her husband to not only forgive her but have him remain married to her!!! When his mother called her DIL a whore at the hospital, his response said it all .... "hey mom I still love her you know"!!!!!

If that were my mother she would have said

"Chris!!!! do you really have such a low opinion of yourself that while laying in a hospital the wife you "love" was getting the best f**k of her life ..... her actions put you here , you are using words like "love her" ...... you know what you were adopted you half a sissy!!!"

pummel187pummel187about 1 year ago

I live in Port Richmond (Phila pa .... Kensington actually), and Gravy Fries are not a Philly thing, no they are a South Jersey thing. South Philly Italians maybe

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Best version well written by a very talented author

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler12 months ago

FIVE STARS PLUS. You said at the beginning of this story that you were not going to BTB and make it work. I was skeptical But you have been successful. Thank you for sharing you efforts.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I like this ending much more. In the original Linda was absolutely evil. She showed no remorse, and constantly rubbed salt in his wounds by telling him how awesome her affair was. As good as the original is, it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

I'm glad in your version she at least showed remorse. Although, I'm not sure if a good man like Dave should have taken her back. Linda said she couldn't promise it wouldn't happen again (like in the original)--even trying to project that mentality onto him as something he was also susceptible too--but I think there are truly good, loyal and devoted women who would never be seduced by another man.

Thanks for listening to my stupid opinions, and thank you for once again writing an incredible story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

After coming home to find her husband was not at home, and uncontactable by phone, the first thing that anyone would do is ring around their friends and family, once that had proved fruitless the next step would be to contact the police and ring around the hospitals. An accident like that always calls for the police to be involved as the driver will have to be breathalysed etc., he had his wallet on him so the police would have been able to identify him and would most likely be looking to contact his next of kin to inform them, at the very least he would be in the system and they would know where he was when the wife rang. That she didn't ring around the hospitals gives the impression that she doesn't actually care, or is incredibly stupid.

Whatever the case, it detracts from the credibility of the story as a whole.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine11 months ago

I liked this ending. The anonymous poster of 8 days ago took my thunder. I was going to say a big hole in the story was Jim waking up after 5 days and Linda still didn’t know where he was. Also if I had been Linda, I would have hung up on Dee in about 30 seconds.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Pretty well written but the reconciliation is unrealistic. After listening to her through the door and shortly thereafter being mangled by a bus Jim would undoubtedly tell her to take her regrets and shove them. Why would he want to daily see someone he has lost respect for, can't trust, and who has made him a laughing stock? An apology, anal, and some swallowing will never make it right. Just pull the trigger on the divorce and look for something that doesn't carry all that baggage with it.

JTassJTass11 months ago

Definitely one of the better continuations to February Sucks.

I have one minor bit of feedback to this and several of your other stories - you have a recurring error that makes me mentally stub my toe every time it crops up. You keep replacing the phrase 'Come on' with the word 'Common'.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What drives authors to write raacs? Given the situation, NO man other than a defective who enjoys his wife fucking others or who doesn't care about his wife would remotely consider taking the narcissistic, cruel sociopath back. "Jim" isn't written as either type of man. IRL, the wife would be history, as would the "friends ". You certainly don't "stay for the children" as the thoughtless low T mouth breathers think is appropriate because the truth is that real people can't turn in Oscar winning performances of being a normal loving couple after such a vile betrayal, and certainly not for years. Consequently, the home turns into a toxic place. Taking the slut back also teaches the wrong message morally. Children need to be taught that there are simply boundaries that cannot be crossed. Letting Linda have her cake and eat it, too, would be more damaging to the children than a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not believable. What sort of person could treat a spouse with such contempt. What sort of spouse would ever consider speaking to the whore again. Ridiculous.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut11 months ago

I'd forgotten this story.

As well written as your version is, I had to give it 1 point for hating it. I get the feeling that you personally have been though quite a bit, but this story and any variation of it that doesn't result in the total destruction of Linda is not a story I want to see. It brings things into my mind that I never want to feel again. I'm not even certain that Hell's fires would burn hot enough to satisfy me in my hate for Linda.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut11 months ago

other2other1, I've just had a "Road To Damascus" moment, no Bob Hope wasn't in that one!

Please read my comment on carvohi's Marsha And Gary Blackwell.

Everything I've just said below is turned through 180 degrees, and I can't explain myself.

Harryin VAHarryin VA11 months ago

Despite everything, honestly, I still love her.

WHY?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not a good version of the story as regards Linda being forgiven. No sane man could forgive that humiliation and treachery.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If the point was to sneak out and get away from her husband, why would she go back to the hotel room? Also, if the husband was stopped from confronting the slut at the club, why walk away when given a second chance?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You kmow I.ve the writing but thinknthe story itself as reconciliation is bad. There is noncome back from that...there is not balance there is not a happy ending where they get back together. The cheater in this story and thenothwr variants is horrible apouse amd person

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

1 letter after what she did doe a lead to a reconciliation

reggmoreggmo10 months ago

But what happened next time? Can you promise me you won't fall off the wagon?"

'I would never..." then she stopped and looked at me, "No Jim, I can't, I want to say right now I am yours forever, I would never hurt you to bring you back here again, but I can't."

"OK Linda expect to be served tomorrow. Now get your skank, slut ass out of my sight."

Addicted098Addicted09810 months ago

I like Recon stories but no way a man woud take his wife back so quickly after such a public humiliation and heartbreak on the Valentines day itself.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Linda is one of the most heartless and evil women in any story. In your version she actually showed a modicum of humanity, but she showed none in the original. She not only humiliated him so publicly, she disrespected him, tore down his self-esteem--a man can just take her away and he can do nothing about it--flaunted how much better Marc was in bed (now every time he's having sex with her he'll know he's second best.) and showed a sociopathic lack of remorse.

Your version was MUCH more palatable. 5 stars as always.

You said in the intro you thought they love each other, but do you really think so? If another man could so easily swoop in and take her based purely on his fame, looks, money, and status; did she ever truly consider him a soulmate?

inka2222inka222210 months ago

3 stars, because he was almost destroyed and all she suffered is a couple of bad feelz about herself. No retribution, no real loss of anything meaningful, no pain. And zero reason she won't slut off again the first chance she gets. And he still "luuuuuvs" the unfeeling, empathetically-challenged skank, for no valid reason whatsoever. I can MAYBE buy staying together because of the kids. But not because of some mentally deficient "love" for someone who is clearly unloveable.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is the best version of the FS series, I believe reconciliation was possible for once, where Linda is usual a cow. Well done O2O, your stories are amazing!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

the original was so very well done and the depth of betrayal so vast, no sequel could ever keep them together in a believable way.

Well maybe if she was drugged and raped. But i have not seen a single sequel with her being anything but a selfish slut.

So a sequel with them together has to truly justify it.

chasbo38chasbo3810 months ago

Wishful thinking

Tomh1966Tomh196610 months ago

Wow. I hate Linda less after this one and that rates a fiver! Actual remorse in the infamous letter.

5

chasbo38chasbo3810 months ago

So Linda pleads temporary insanity and lust and gets her life back. I could believe this if she had not made this decision in front of their combined friends. The instant decision of all of their friends to help Linda dump her husband to allow Linda to enjoy her moment in total lust is unbelievable. All of these stories which feature women who do a one time cheat expecting their husband to get over it and go on as if nothing happened are unrealistic to say the least.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I think the author did a good job of writing this Version .... BUT with this story and all it's sequel's I find it very hard to imagine this couple getting back together.

The reason is this isn't just a story about a wife who cheats, the wife does it on a night when they are out celebrating their anniversary and she sneaks of to spend the whole night cheating not just a quickie in a cupboard or something in front of a crowd of people and also a group of their friends.

And on the off chance they tried "for the kids", I just can't see the marriage lasting after.

And this author drove the knife in further but making it that poor hubby goes to the room they booked to celebrate their anniversary to find his wife went there to cheat.

I don't think hubby being hit by a bus would eventually help them get back together, I think it would make things worse.

But I am talking "In a real world"

So while i think the author did a good job of writing this story, and I gauge that buy, did it keep me interested in reading it, not so much spelling or grammar, unless it is so bad it's hard to read.

I just can't give a 5* because I just cant see this couple getting back together, they could try but I think there would be to many bad memories of that night so 4*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Usually love your stories but this one had a sissy wimp cuck who gave in to his cheating skank slut wife and his idiot mother. Just terrible. Can't believe you wrote this. I call total bull shit on her remorse. She'll just do it again now that she knows his so pathetic and easy to manipulate.

CtwistedpairCtwistedpair9 months ago

I've read most of the February Sucks series. I like this one the best. Well written and a load of forgiveness. Well done.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazier9 months ago

👎🏿👎🏿 Bullshit and no. The level of deceit, disrespect and humiliation is already very high in FS. This author ramps things up even more by having Linda take Marc to the hotel room Jim paid for. The bus adds even more stress. Any kind of reconciliation after all that is total shit. I hate cuck stories anyway. (Funny, Linda's main concern is that Jim will "even the score" with a dalliance of his own.)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You are a very good writer, but this story is toxic.

You did your best to make something of this story, but when the reader remembers the wives' behavior from the beginning, your solution at the end is still a big pill to swallow....

Writing skill 4.5

Plot (at least for me) 1

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Did I just read correctly?

He was gone for 5 days and she did not call his mother? Or filed a missing person report with the police?

Was she just sitting and waiting?! She is dumber than a bag of rocks

And how did she explain the husband's absence to the rest of the environment (work, neighbors)?

It looks like she didn't...

She does not seem to be able to be a parent of two children and in dire need of psychological help.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I have read most of the FS variations over the past few months, some of them, like this one, more than once. You know what, none of them are even remotely conceivable for real life. And if it did happen the media would have a field day with Marc while Jim and Linda faced a very public and messy divorce.

However...

I really like this version for its entertainment value. It was written to the same outcome as the original with the intent of reconciliation, and as Jim got hit by the Bus and Linda came to remorse for what she did, I could follow it. I guess what sold it was Linda's conversation with Dee, where she said she was unclean and would crawl over broken glass. The usual Linda in these tales never tries to make amends for what she did. This one came across as contrite.

Good story

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohio9 months ago

I did not have time to read all the comments, but the most I could give this sequel was a three. For one thing, both partners would require a lot of counseling, and even then, in real life, I would be skeptical that this marriage could survive. I echo some other comments — why is it that five days pass and Linda does very little to find her husband? I also can’t see hubby ever being friends with any of the others at his table who all knew what was going on and who did nothing to take his side or support him. The plot device where the main character, who has been cheated upon, is injured, making it impossible for him to leave, and allowing time for him to cool down, as it were, is nothing new. I do think the writing was fairly good, and I did enjoy reading the story, so I liked it, but three is all I can give.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

That is what she should have done the first time.

Schlouis57Schlouis579 months ago

Aussi merdique que les autres. Il est encore plus mauviette car se trouvant devant sa chambre d'hôtel avec la possibilité d'ouvrir la porte et de jeter Marc avec sa femme par la fenêtre, il préfère sortir lâchement avec la queue entre les jambes pour aller pleurnicher sur son sort.

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

In this one the MC is more pathetic than even then his whiny iterations where he took Lavelliers leftovers.

She had every chance to change her mind up to and during.

Of course later once she has her debauchery she decide to love her stable guy again she might lose him.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good job on this. Great twist to the cheating issue and the follow up. Like this result better than most of the other follow ups. Tender.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

So far this is the worst version of this I have read............

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It's a digestible read if you're an insomniac.

She cheated in the most humiliating and disgusting matter ; destroyed a man's self worth by her betrayal, was responsible for the near death of her husband; and then in one single letter .. poof....

Houdini lives...

"I forgive you just please dont do it again OK pumpkin."

Most people on this site hate the reconciliation tag, and stories like this are probably the reason.

This reads like a modern Disney romance script.

Reconciliation cannot be without taking the long road of penance and redemption.

Serious aspects of both characters state of mind must be displayed convincingly and through stages. THROUGH STAGES.

If fantasy is your referred genre, then this story is a good one. No sarcasm intended.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The quality of the writing is good and there are only a few spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

The variation of the storyline is beyond belief. His wife, not only disrespects him by dancing multiple dances with another guy but then deceives him to leave the club with the man and compounds the lies by taking the man back to “their” hotel room to have sex with him.

Her husband ends up in hospital with life threatening injuries and she does nothing to find out what happened to him, waiting for her mother-in-law to tell her. She then tells her husband that her lover was big and muscular and she enjoyed the sex although she would prefer her “safe and reliable” husband back.

She is either the dumbest bitch that walked the earth or a delusional psychotic whore (or both).

What is even more ridiculous, is that he takes her back. The biggest cuck wimp, the world has ever seen.

Once a lying cheating slut, always a lying cheating slut.

MasterJerryGMasterJerryG8 months ago

It's about time there is an ending where both parties get a little self-resect left.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Sadly, like most writers on this sight, you too wrote the obvious. The more the story talks of divorce the more likely they will reconcile.

IndrasIndras8 months ago

Of all the February Sucks variations I've read (a quick count in my bookmarks shows at least 41), this one is my favorite. Far too many writers skip over Linda's motivations and her feelings of remorse in the aftermath, which is a huge part of the emotional impact of the story. The critical addition is Ruth, Jim's mother, who turns what would have been Linda's internal voice of her slowly growing conscience and sense of regret into an altercation between characters. It's far more visceral and impactful that way.

Norseman123Norseman1238 months ago

One of the best 5*****. My first wife cheated and I forgave her then two years later she did it again = DIVORCE.

She claimed the value of half of the car so I had a friend cut it in two and drop the rear end on her drive. I never heard from her again.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Best one yet in response to George Andersons original story. Sometimes being the better man is shown differently to expectations but shows a stronger better person more mature than others. The wifes realises her major flaws and shows others where they are wrong in their thinking also.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I know this won’t matter but I can’t understand how any man would ever trust a women who intentionally chose to be unfaithful in front of him and their friends. No amount of ‘writing’ can make it forgivable. How can he? She wasn’t drunk or high. She knew exactly what she was doing and didn’t care about consequences. It’s not even realistic maybe fantasy. I’ve loved the three stories of yours I’ve read but if I read another ending like this it will be the last. See the first five words. LM

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler8 months ago

You definitely took the more difficult and beyond belief path to concluding this masterpiece. And, I think you nailed it if it were possible. 5 stars. Easy for writing and detailed explanations.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

First RAAC I’ve read that I can truly agree with. Although if he hadn’t been hit by the bus I think this would have gone another direction. That allowed her time to realize what she could loose.

I still can’t believe a loving wife could do that to her husband. 5 stars again.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

At first I was not too happy that Jim was considering taking Linda back, but as the story continued and you could see how sorry Linda was for her stupid mistake, a second chance was warranty. I had seen this title several times and except for the first time when , and I do this now on longer stories, I read the reviews and how many people didn't like the RAAC ending, I constantly skipped it. I am glad I finally read and agree that this was a good story and it deserves Jim and Linda getting back together. 5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I like almost every other story you've written, a couple are even 5*. Unfortunately this story like most 'February sucks' ones just doesn't compute. What Linda did was not only massively disrespectful but also destroyed his relationships with every single 'friend' that was there that night. There really is no comming back from the shame and humiliation, not to mention that none of the couple's had even an ounce of support for him. On that note I really didn't appreciate the u turn in Dave's character in this version. Dave was a cunt and and friend that doesn't rally around and protect the 'wives' from predators is not the kind of friend you need it want.

It doesn't really matter how much buyers remorse, and yes at least this version had heaps, and guilt and acceptance of wrong doing etc., but sadly none of that can make up for the fact that she stone cold sober walked off with another man. If she could do something like that once you can never trust her not to do it again. It's far far worse than having some secret shaddy hookup or affair. This is a direct spit in the face, or rather it's the equivalent of a man cuming on the face of his partner, it shows that you think they're shit.

As for anyone that thinks that the 'kids' need to live in the inevitable toxic family environment I can only say you're delusional.

Pappy7Pappy77 months ago

Sorry but when you hit with the old better off with her or without her your already weak husband plummeted to pitiful and unlikeable. If it took him getting hit by a bus during one of his estrogen filled spasms to make her regret what she did and couple that with her not even trying to locate him you have a total piece of shit for a wife. I don't know why she cut Dee out of her life, they are obviously flock mates, and if Jim even had the bare minimum of self respect and self worth (or as the misandrist crowd likes to call it, pride and ego) he would get just as far away from her as he could. These sequels are like the Rocky movies, each one is weaker and more unlikeable than the one before.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well mate, you sure made a stinking pile of crap out of this one.

Kenn in Texas

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Why is it when a wife does something as despicable as this, she tries to justify it as a single mistake? No, the truth is there were numerous mistakes made that led to the ultimate act. She had multiple opportunities after each one to stop, but didn’t. After the way her supposed friends supported her abhorrent behavior, there was nothing left to save. The author seems to focus on trust being destroyed, but what about respect? A relationship needs all three parts to survive and it was obvious from her actions that she had no respect for him.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Your version was great, but in your intro I think you were mistaken on what attracts us to February Sucks. I don't think it's because we see ourselves as Jim and Linda. I actually think it's quite the opposite. I think on a subconscious level we're desperate to understand how two people who claim to love each other could behave in such sociopathic ways. We are shocked to the core by the depths of Linda's betrayal and cruelty, and by Jim's skewed perception of what constitutes an honorable man, husband, and father. At the end they both admit they cannot promise to be faithful in the future because they are helpless to people like Marc and Ellen. I think we are drawn to this story because we are are unable to understand Jim and Linda--we are unable to put ourselves in the shoes of these characters. In every alt. version the personality of either Jim or Linda is fundamentally changed. In the BTB versions Jim is made a much stronger, conniving and vengeful man, while in versions like yours Linda is made a far more empathetic and remorseful woman.

DessertmanDessertman6 months ago

I enjoyed it, but the proofreading needs to be improved as others have pointed out.

SquirrellyDudeSquirrellyDude6 months ago

After reading that, I might just have to look into some of the other adaptations...

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

RAAC ?? AYSM? I skipped this one. When RAAC is a tag, I skip it. o way José!!

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

Not so much RAAC more WACC Wimp Ass Castrated Cuck

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver6 months ago

If I could have given it 10 stars I would have. Best February Sucks ending I have read.

I think in the typical story like this, I would be the consummate BTB husband, but I have seen firsthand with my best friend and his wife how true remorse and hard work can affect positive change in a marriage.

It isn't easy and few people can pull it off but for the lucky few, they can come out the other end whole and in a good place.

Thanks for sharing.

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

Jim actually believed her when she said he was a better lover? You know not all us readers are friggin morons.

silverthorne16silverthorne166 months ago

One of the best alternative endings I've read in a long time! A great reconciliation story. Thanks!

arnowolarnowol6 months ago

I'm fine with this story too, it's really not bad. I only skipped the first part because I couldn't stand the original. The original story was a disaster!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I liked your story! Your sinario I felt justified the ending. One thing I disagree with in the story is you can take them back if they are truely sorry. Maybe I am misinterpreting tht was your reasoning. In manys mind it is reason enough to take her back.

My take from your story and the original: When she took that dudes hand and left she did not love her husband any more and I think that is hinted at in the original story. This happens, and her action "IS" the proof!

This is the masterpiece of the original work! Everything is fine, loving, and wonderful for years, in ten minutes it all goes sideways! Everything is NOT really fine.

So why do I think him taking her back in this story was ok? He believed she started loving him again and took the risk. Both sinarios are ok for this orininal story. If he thinks she loves him again take her back. If he is not sure of her love or she just regrets ..."BTB"!! To tell the difference is the real story delema.

Anyways, thanks for the thoughtful stories!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good read

I am amazed at some of the upset comments!!

First of all the original is a fictional story starter. There are many sinarios where a wife could realistically take off with another man. In this scenario, if everything was true, the wife would never cheat. That is the reason it is so good, in a fantasy world what would happen.

Don't get so upset, it's not real!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I really enjoyed the story! While I thought divorce was the only real option early on it gradually changed to reconciliation being the best choice. What Linda said about scythe deep pain that she caused really came through as genuine.

*The only issue that I have with the story is Linda not being able to ”promise” that she would never cheat on him again. I suppose with context one can infer that it’s extremely unlikely to say the least, but yes you can make that promise and keep it.! This is especially true given this incident that she can draw upon. Fidelity is a commitment and an active mindset. -YES IT CAN BE DONE! I thought Linda missed a golden opportunity there- otherwise she said all the right things about hurt and he husband being a superior lover. Stuff I’d want to hear as long as she was sincere.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy596 months ago

Excellent. Very nicely executed.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The cucks, both closeted and out, love this absurd cuckout ending.

Boardman68Boardman686 months ago

Enjoyed reading this version of the story. I had some difficulty believing the reconciliation ending. Too many red flags. Of course, the first is her betrayal which is why this story gets so much attention. There betrayal and then there is Betrayal! Linda did the latter: secretly leaving with Marc, taking him back to her & her husband's hotel room, etc. She destroyed any amount of trust Dan ever had in her. Next, Linda says she loves her husband. (Maybe in her letter she should write out her description of love I am sure it would be enlightening!) But the betrayal also shows an incredible lack of respect she has for her husband which she continues to ignore by repeatedly give some 'bs' that 'her mind stopped work as soon as Marc asked her to dance'. That failure to accept responsibility for her actions is deeply troubling. These red flags lead to a final one...she tells Dave that 'she can't promise it won't happen again'. She tries to present that as a good thing but that its not. She doesn't even trust herself but she is going to expect her husband to accept that. Time to officially end the marriage she destroyed in just one night (while night and the next morning).

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good attempt but what most authors find difficult to achieve with this story is reconciling the unreconcilable. There is absolutely zero chance of a happy ending for the total betrayal that Linda commits thus making her the most hated wife in LW history.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Once one cheats the marriage is over. The trust can never be the same again. Case in point how Jim felt when she dropped his hand a second time before she slapped asshole. It may be a great partnership but it will never be the same marriage.

Linda is lucky Ruth wasn't my mother, If my wife had cheated she would have been divorced in a heartbeat by me and that would the end of it. If something like what happened to Jim had happened and she pulled a public spectacle and was seriously injured because of it a divorce would have never been needed. Linda and Marc'y would have disappeared never to be heard from again.

Yea yea I know I'm a mommas boy at least according to my sisters.......but misread that for weak. My mother is the most dangerous person I have ever known to get on the wrong side of. I inherited the same from her. We will protect our family and loved ones at all costs but woe to anyone that crosses or tries to hurt family. Since I would be laid up in the hospital unable to handle it myself. She would just do what she needed to do. No conversation needed nor anything other than stating that Linda and Marc ran off together to be with each other "Forever".

One and done means One and done.......Not One and done unless she really really really regrets it.......What a crock of shit!

rogie717rogie7175 months ago

This was one of the best follow ups to the original. The original has gained an almost cult like of follow ups and I have read many of them some have impressed me some not so much. Yours was one of the few that REALLY impressed me mostly with its originality and completely different and unexpected line of what happened next. GREAT JOB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I reckon the best version yet. It had plenty of truth in it especially how some people have a different idea regarding what is acceptable. A little more thought regarding others would maybe stop a lot of the divorces.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit5 months ago

Well, IMHO this is THE very worst of all possible scenarios, and by now we must have read several hundred, a great many of which proved to be of a surprising high standard!

~~~~~~~

Naturally the odd turkey crept in here-and-there, most noticeably when some conceited Jackass or Other. sought to deify himself (and his rose-petal-perfumed faeces), by attempting to square the circle. So just as no-one saw through the Emperor's new translucent-tailoring, or his Royal Warrant holding maker of reflective White-Chocolate Fireguards, Purveyors of Painfully Preposterous Propositions STILL persist in their futile attempts to turn tales of cold-blooded treacherous treason and betrayal into heart-warming well-intended patriotic raac cock-up!

You will excuse me I an sure, but from a writer if this pedigree, we did NOT expect such unmitigated crap! In the words of Victor Meldrew, "I don't BELIEVE it"

Pure unimaginative, unfeasible, boring, and unbelievable trash IMHO!

Other opinions ARE available, if you believe in fairies!

DadieODadieO5 months ago

Great rendition.....Loved it not all infidelity needs to go down in flame..

2112literotica2112literotica5 months ago

The best rendition of a re-write. Just awesome!! I loved how she was burned in other renditions, but how she was portrayed to be remorseful in this one, made me change my mind. Just a great story. 5++

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa5 months ago

Call me a glutton for punishment but I was like I am going to read all of the February Sucks alternative endings from the lowest rated to highest and so far this one actually had me reading it twice. Very well written with what I consider enough angst for Linda and payback on the Asshole. The hit by the bus part was genius.

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa5 months ago

And I forgot to mention Ruth is a totally awesome character. It may not have been a total BTB but I think the slap the bitch made up for that.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You know I love the BTB FS stories the best and hate RAAC. But this one, this one I didn't mind. Linda was remorseful. In RL I think Jim still would have kicked her out. But I liked this one, it worked.

This is the first 5 I have even given a reconciliation

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I agree with the comment from 5 days ago. its coming up on time for more FS stories (they really do have a life of their own) and this is one of the better ones even if it is RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

For all of you that you think that this is a good ending.This should be in Si-fi category or the guy deserves being called cuck.He is worse person than Linda just a week man not even man .

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Just a really good 5 story very enjoyable realisticfiction

NickTeeNickTee4 months ago

So I'm going to disagree with those who loved this rendition of Feb sucks. I think that the disrespect shown and the public humiliation that followed precludes any kind of reconciliation except in the most Draconian sense of turning her into his personal drudge wherein she looks after the house, his children and gives him an occassional blowjob. The readers need for a sense of justice to prevail is ignored because where was the MC's revenge. Was it that Linda's wonderful orgasms were tarnished?

The MC needed to make an example of Linda and go nuclear on all the supposed friends.

Actually there's a story there somewhere as long as someone can make this not about February, or sucking, or Mark whatever and so on... and try find a unique plot line. Perhaps Mr Other can take up the challange...

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker4 months ago

ASs always, your story is fantastic. 8 stars, the Bear approves, but it is still just another "February Sucks" story. I love your stuff, man. You are one of the Bear's faves. Keep writing (even though they are as long as the Bible) I'll keep reading. although, being old, it will take a while to finish them. Great story, man.

The BEAR

gladventurergladventurer4 months ago

I like reconciliation and/or redemption stories. But this was neither in my opinion. I liked it better than the original, but that's not saying much, as the original is one of the worst stories I have read on this site. Not because of the writing, but the storyline. You're setup, nearly identical to the original, with one exception, Linda took Marc back to her and Jim's room at the Maddison, so your setup was even more cold hearted than GA's. Hearing her moan in orgasm would have angered me, more than hurt at that point and I was really hoping Jim would confront her in the room. I would have. I had a lot of ideas how you could have really had fun with that confrontation. When Jim walks away from the room without a confrontation, I walked away from your story line. Don't get me wrong, I think you addressed a lot of things in your version better than the original. For example, I liked the introduction of Jim's mom (at first anyway) and there's little doubt you painted Linda in a more favorable light than GA, but there's no way that relationship would be reconciled, certainly not in the time frame you wrote. There were some good techniques you used that GA didn't, but in the end, this story is a conundrum. It asks a question, that cannot be answered, because the setup could never happen like it did. The question: Could a "loving husband" forgive (and reconcile to) a wife who does that which a "loving wife" would/could never do? Either, she isn't a "loving" wife or she didn't do this, certainly not the way she did this. Love and marriage is based on at least 3 fundamental principles, love (God), respect and trust. She callously destroys 2 of the 3 in a night and hopelessly (I think) tries to convince Jim of the third. Perhaps, she might succeed, but it would take much longer than the time frame of this story. imho.

LechemanLecheman4 months ago

I must admit GA's story left me in a disgusted/repulsed state with the wife's behavior, worse in the manner how she shunted her husband.

I liked your rendition of this story.

Martyr2002Martyr20024 months ago

One of the better recon attempts. I find that Linda getting pregnant suspicious. Looks like she just wants more insurance that Jim will stay

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userother2other1@other2other1
I am just you’re average Aussie guy, I have a wonderful family, I enjoy a rum and coke, driving my Mustang (which my kids also love) and I own a couple of businesses. I work with a few different editors, but note that my mistakes are my own as I like to tinker after an edit. ...

SIMILAR Stories