All Comments on 'February Sucks'

by GeorgeAnderson

Sort by:
  • 870 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Her leaving with the other guy is beyond repair for any man. It may have been too costly to divorce her, but he could still live in the same house a separate lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Linda never understands the true pain Jim experience when he was left out on their very special night they have planned for themselves.

In my opinion she should experience it just as Jim did. Like he leaves her with someone else on some special night like her birthday when they plan somethingspecial for themselves. There is no necessary that he should cheat on her. Or he should cheat on her and write a note describing how great that experience was for him just like Linda did write to him. But he should do it to make her understand the pain one faces when betrayed by their most loved ones.

rightbankrightbankover 3 years ago
No Way

false premise creating a false reality

he should have denied her entry to the family home when she returned after her night in the bed of the other man

he needs a new attorney

she and her friends need a reality check

the other husbands need a gut check if they are ok with what their wives sanctioned .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I like the way he handled his business

Like a REAL man.

IndyOnIndyOnover 3 years ago

The same exact thing happened to me, except it was a window salesman! It has been 35 years and let me tell you the hurt never goes away....She came back to me but never once said she was sorry. Even though we just had our 41st anniversary our life together was never the same. Looking back, I have wasted my life waiting for the love to return....it never will and now it is too late. If this happens to you walk away....even being alone would have been better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I don't understand how such an otherwise fine writer...

could write something so cliche-ridden and implausible.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Far

Far too long,could have been told in far fewer words,especially as he should have dumped her the next day.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Good Grief Charlie Brown!

After reading the latest version of this story by dragonmann72, I decided to reread the original by George Anderson.

Linda's letters to her husband just pointed out how undesirable a person she was as a spouse.

The hardest part of this story to believe even with the suspension of disbelief set to maximum is that her husband would want to have sex with her disgusting used up twat again.

Imagine your spouse being a friend of Linda and knowing the complete devious nature of her relationship with her husband. And her husband?

His wife's behavior was a direct reflection of his life choices. Worse, the husband was under the delusion he came back on top of things in the end.

Understandable I suppose, considering the trama that poor dope experienced knowing he was bested the by another man with his wife's permission. Someone who finally knew how to pleasure his wife.

The poor chump accepted it because he could never do better than Linda. If only he displayed a tiny bit of a back bone. Something.

It's a hard sell but honestly I enjoyed the story. Pretty dramatic situation that's full of pain. However, Linda just too gross to consider any sort of reconciliation. The kind gross that gives one dry heaves.

5 stars for a brilliantly written story.

peter944peter944over 3 years ago
Too much

Unfortunately you are too good a writer, I suppose I would say this hit# too close to home but the idea that at any one point and time some guy can ruin your life is just too much. I suppose I just have to compliment you as A writer but....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The Jerk

I fail to understand why she always seemed to mention Marc the Stud in the letters she wrote. It could only serve to add another hurt for the husband but it was like she couldn’t help herself. One step forward and two steps backwards. I know that divorce would have been my first thoughts but with such small children involved he did the right thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How did LW know where Jim and Linda were going for her birthday?

Did that conversation happen off screen?

eh9198eh9198over 3 years ago
First Off...

...this story was utterly magnificent. I was riveted all day as I read it. I responded emotionally to a degree I’m not sure I ever have on Literotica. I want to make sure that you know that, and that I gave this story 5 STARS enthusiastically.

That said...

I don’t think I’ve ever been more enraged at reading a story, here or anywhere else. Linda, AND ALL OFF JIM’s FRIENDS, destroyed and betrayed Jim in a manner I’m not sure I’ve ever read (at least as far as non-fantastical stories are concerned). And yet, he just took her back, never suffering any real consequences, and NOT ONCE receiving an apology or true regret from anyone.

Holy God I’m not sure I’ve ever wanted a woman to meet a more painful, horrible death than I did Linda. I’ve been cheated on by my wife, and that even wasn’t remotely close to the blatant and utterly EVIL degree (with the recruitment of friends, and the EXPECTATION that Jim would just “get over it” and see that “it wasn’t that big of a deal”) with which Linda planned and executed her scheme.

Ohhhhhhh GOD do I want her to REALLY suffer, not only for her actions but the way she and their “friends”!completely and calculatedly MANIPULATED Jim to being compliant. I can tell you how angry this story made me!!!!!!

If the point of a story is to elicit an emotional response, you did it better than any story I’ve ever read.

Bravo. I loved every howling, angry second of it.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 3 years ago

There is a LW genre in which the story is a straightjacket, leaving the husband increasingly trapped by events to face really repugnant choices. This kind of story has a fast charge to high emotional heat and rides that energy towards what looks like disaster (in the sense that hubby is left destroyed, heartbroken and lost). Richard Gerald and GA have as any of these tales to their credit as anyone. Readers, putting themselves in hubby's shoes, react primally to save hubby from the impending shit-storm. That turns into an appetite for revenge. GA did all of that as well as it can be done. The variations and sequel are great but GA's story is the best of the lot.

greenday0418greenday0418over 3 years ago
I Read it for the third time

and the 1st time in 3 weeks. And as many of the Lit authors who read it, and said in their comments, it is a very well written story, and that was the reason I wrote the alternate to it.

I received a higher score than you, however I know that's because my ending was more popular than yours.

Scissors cut Paper Paper covers Rock Rock breaks Scissors and what is always true BTB beats RAAC.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
IDIOT

Been there and had it done to me. He should have grown a set of balls and divorced the bitch. Then save the notes with pictures of the corresponding flowers and then sue Marc Studley for alienation of affection thus dragging his local hero status thru the mud so everyone knows what a douschbag he is.

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
I must admit

I read Hooked1957's alternate ending first and his version was good. I havevn't read Greeenday's version yet but when I saw that Saddletramp1956 had written an alternate I knew , that I had read yours first! A very good story, 5*.

tapthatasstapthatassover 3 years ago
Awful

Awful, stupid, badly conceived. Anyone that cares about themselves in a healthy way would know you can’t come back from that betrayal. You’re describing a unicorn situation, and they don’t exist. I could not suspend my disbelief. Leave a cheater, gain a life.

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Once

Once a cuck, always a cuck. How about the next time Marc or another super stud has Linda in their arms huh? 5, 10, or 20 years down the road She will Cockold him again because she'll remember the great fuck, and want more.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 3 years ago
A hard tale for sure.

Because of the way you constructed it... because of the love for the kids, I give a solid pass for the reconciliation, though that's rare for me, so in that regard, well done.

It's still an unsettling tale, and the path ahead is still tainted. Although time will bury much of the angst, the past can never be fully erased and the trust can never be total. The love, and the dream that once existed, is irrevocably and totally destroyed. Their future may be together, but it can never totally be the same.

One thing I would have done would have been to burn that blue dress in front of her, early in the piece. It was a symbol of the betrayal, a reminder of nothing but the choices she made. For her to keep it was revolting. For her to wear it again, to use it to try and offer herself to her husband again... unfathomable.

It should have been torn to shreds and turned to ash.

I'll read the other offerings, including Saddletramp's, but i have the feeling that none of the outcomes will bring solace. You've created a story arc that is just darn uncomfortable.

All compounded by your comments on Tiger Woods' indiscretions and the attitude that the women seem to have adopted as a result.

My opinion on Tiger Woods is that he should never have been given another chance to try and reclaim his place in golf.

Just because he can do something that well... something that really is of ZERO value in the real world (like a football star), doesn't wash away the fact that he is a despicable, depraved and narcissistic example of humanity. If the worst had happened to him, if an irate husband had broken every bone in his hands and damaged his cock beyond use, I would not feel a single thread of sympathy.

All I can say of the psychology of the women who would fail that scenario, is that they don't really take their lives and promises seriously, to them, it's all a game, played for the highest score. The important thing to them is that they see themselves as good enough to be one of the chosen, a trophy. Isn't it funny that that very attitude means that instead, they are nobody special, that they are cheap, they are useless in terms of real life.

It's just sad that the scenario you have created, though fiction, is all too real.

I haven't read Saddletramp's story as yet, and I am sure the outcome will have many negative aspects, but I think it will be more aligned with how I would react. Time will tell.

ewray321ewray321over 3 years ago
Sick

This story actually made me sick to my stomach. Its not just that she cheated its the manner in which she did. So publicly and openly in front of their friends. And to slink out the back door. There should be no forgiveness for that.

centralsquareguycentralsquareguyover 3 years ago
Excellent.

Thank, a truly wonderful story...

mwcuriousmwcuriousover 3 years ago
Love (or hate) the story idea

First I do love the story. This one and Unexpected Consequences by BigGuy33. The whole idea of a wife leaving or sneaking out with another guy(s) strikes a nerve with me. Anyone know of other similar stories? Anyway, I am totally liking all the alternative endings by other authors. Hits a nerve with others too, apparently. A big thanks to GeorgeAnderson!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Magnificently well written

As I said.I love your stories the longer the better.Really one of the best writers on the internet.

tombone17tombone17over 3 years ago
Wonderfully written 5*

These types of stories hit hard, not only does the spouse cheat, but the spouse does it in the most awful way possible, and then has no remorse for their actions. The author did a spectacular job of describing the emotional toll on Jim, and eventually Linda. I had an issue with the device used to make Linda finally understand the pain she caused Jim. The setup of Ellen at the club moved the story along, and setup the stories conclusion. As a plot device it worked, it did allow the husband and wife to experience the same scenario from opposite view points, but based on Jim’s narration, I don’t believe he would have acted in the same manner as Linda did. He was offered revenge, and turned it down, he couldn’t understand how someone that professed to love him as much as Linda claimed she did could treat him like she did. Certainly he would be tempted, but with the pain of Linda’s betrayal still fresh in his mind, no way Jim does that to Linda.

argeelogargeelogover 3 years ago

I liked Saddletramps version better. In this version, His wife actually screwed the jock big time, all he did was to be tempted. Big difference !

OnethirdOnethirdover 3 years ago
Who does the real

Excellent read. I know a man sweeping a happily married woman off her feet right in front of her husband is fantasy, but it still got my heart pounding and the voice in my head shouting “BTB!!”. There was a bunch of recriminations and dredging up, which I usually don’t like, but there needed to be for this story. Nice job.

TheKid188810TheKid188810over 3 years ago

If not for the dialogue this would’ve been a well written story. I think the main character is of a different disposition than me, and that’s fine, but for him not to acknowledge the many ridiculous things that were said to him made him appear vacuous and vapid

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 3 years ago
I have a problem with the premise

So, if I understand this correctly, there is a guy, who can sweep a faithful wife out from ANY husband, so skilled in the art of love, that she will be taken to the heights of pleasure over and over again. Afterwards, she will so be satisfied by the experience, that she will never desire to repeat the performance, and will remain forever faithful to her husband, even though he will never be able to satisfy her that way ever.

The story is well written, but I do not buy the premise. I think disbelief in the premise is causing rewrites of this story. So far, I believe ‘January Sucks’ by DylanThomasLives is the best version.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

Not my usual cup of tea but enjoyed it. It was a well written story.

Ellen was really the only thing that bugged me. It just screamed set up from the start, originally thought it was Linda that tried to bait him and go "Aha! you are the same". It also felt like you made him morally fall to even up the relationship which I think unnecessary, he's already swallowed a lot of his pride and dignity by trying to mend the fences.

I would've preferred if Ellen was genuine and he resisted in the end while achieving similar results.

eh9198eh9198over 3 years ago
I would Love

If you wrote this from Linda’s perspective. I think that would make for a phenomenal (and hot) story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well Written

Well written story with two mostly-believable characters. I disagreed with some of the outrageous hurdles that she hopped such as choosing her husband over the persistent tight end. I think that the husband should have either divorced his wife shortly after the night or had slept with Ellen.

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
Good Story

I've read a couple of spins on this but had not read the original. ST56 sent me here to read it. Cheating is not good, I'm guessing that my wife of 36 years did a couple of times. I came close once. But, never so maliciously flagrant like Linda did. Jim's a better man than I am. I'd have burned that sow the next day, kids or no kids. Guess my ego just couldn't have handled it........

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Friends

One statement in the story screams out to me:

"Whatever you might think, we're your friends, and we want what's best for you." This "best for you" flies in the face of the events of the big night when Linda is stolen away from the special time promised to her husband. If I had friends that helped and supported my wife in her cheating actions, publicly humiliating me, then suggested it was no big thing - I would have no need for enemies.

Well written story, thanks.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Give me a fucking break

I guess you enjoy eating other men’s cum from your wife’s nasty cunt. What a fucking ZERO!

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 3 years ago
5* emotional roller coaster -- I hate her... not sure about him

This is similar to "My Wife Became a Groupie" by Stev2244 but better written. His entertains, yours grabs the reader by the throat. I hate this story and I love it. It made me feel a range of emotions including rage, sorrow, pity, etc.. That is what great writing should do. Of all the sequels - "January Sucks" was the my favorite.. but the "Alternate" by greenday0418 was most satisfying.

I really don't know how it all comes out ... I know if it was me, no way I reconcile - even for the kids. Don't know any way to punish her w/o violence though(Interesting no alternate went that way really). Basically he was screwed even more than Marc did her. Marc would receive some retribution however that is a moral imperative. One thing is for sure, this was superbly written and did what every good story should do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
close to One

The scoring is close to one on this. George picked up an additional star for his proper use of English and punctuation (I know it isn't important to most on this site but those folks have trouble finding the "civil" in civilization).

The problem with our conundrum is society's current lack of responsibility. You can sell secrets to the opposition or hostile countries and no result other than a few dead soldiers will come of it. Who are these nobodies in uniform anyway, and where is Benghazi? A high ranking politician's son is a crackhead and is taking bribes from underworld figures. He has multiple children out of wedlock and has amassed a fortune selling out his country. Should this politician get reelected? Should the son be free to carry on his pillaging of lesser countries while selling his fellow countrymen out? (we'll see on that one)

The lack of honor is the thing in this story that grinds at each of us. It is the item that George refuses to acknowledge in ending the farce. The woman betrayed the trust of the man she "supposedly" loved. Dante' casts such villains in the deepest pits of Hell to suffer eternally with fellows like Judas. These ARE the worst among us, not because of their "mistake" or shortsightedness, but because they killed others by their recklessness and disregard (which should have been at the forefront).

Honor is dead in America. I have noticed this with every passing year that people become more self-indulgent and self-occupied. The parochial guidance we were taught has been left in the dust as religion too has abandoned us to our own devices. The lack of herdsmanship in the flock of Man is apparent.

A time is coming that the good will be called upon to resurrect the old ways. Chivalry will find its way to the front and normalcy will reign among the good and honorable. We aren't done with the trial as the fire has yet to consume the dead wood of humanity. Till then nothing new can grow.

Smokepole

fucktheagedfucktheagedover 3 years ago

Good story with a similar but effective ending to "no reply answered"

helix247helix247over 3 years ago
Powerfully disturbing

Of the hundreds of stories I've read on Literotica, this one hits me hardest. It's like a weirdly compelling horror movie.

Ordinarily, I despise stories about passive cuckolds. While you could summarize this story that way, it is somehow something more. Maybe it's the way GeorgeAnderson brings the reader inside the feelings of both the wronged husband and the cheating wife.

My head hates the RAAC second half, but my gut and heart aren't so sure. While I would have been much more content seeing the cheaters punished, I recognize that the gut-churning painfulness of this story has many of the hallmarks of great art that raises questions and disturbs.

Five stars for an emotional kick so strong it makes me question things I thought I knew about myself.

jd3608jd3608over 3 years ago

342 comments and counting says it all. Like everyone else, this story stuck a nerve and I don't think I have had a visceral reaction like this to any other story on the site. While the ending left a little to be desired for me and many others, it spawned a slew of authors to give us other versions. Thanks George for the great story and to everyone who gave us their spin. This deservedly belongs in the Hall of Fame for everything it's done and the discussion in comments in all iterations. Bravo!

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Now I remember where I’ve seen this before.

Unintended Consequences

By: BigGuy33

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
I think he's a wimp

Trying everyway possible to stay with a slut of a wife...i just couldn't finish the story coz it's full of shit bt i had to read the original to understand other versions

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
but there was a difference

When Linda left with Marc she was leaving what appeared to her and everyone else to be a perfect marriage.

When Jim nearly left with Ellen he was in a dead marriage (or at least one on extreme life support). His level of commitment to her could not be what it was before Marc or what he had expected from Linda.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
No one — as far as I know — has mentioned the likeness to BigGuy33’s “Unintended Consequences”...

...posted 11/30/16

Since, right now, there has literally been about a thousand comments posted on “February Sucks” and all the variants, I’m not going to confirm that number, nor if someone has mentioned it (though I’ve probably read 50 comments and scanned 250).

https://www.literotica.com/s/unintended-consequences-3

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@etchiboy Re: Unintended Consequences - While BG33's story involved a wife walking away from her husband in front of their friends, it didn't involve some imaginary "Celebrity Hall Pass."

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story

This made me so angry that I was shaking.

d119b63d119b63over 3 years ago
Thanks for an extremely involving story

Your characters are very detailed, and his conflicted feelings are much more realized than in the standard LW stories that the spear carrying populace seems to prefer. Excellent story telling.

carindenniscarindennisover 3 years ago

Just found "Unintended Consequences," since that is dated 2016 can we say this story/ author is a little guilty of plagiarism?

Nah, this is just a "spank bank" there is no REAL literature here.

Oh, and I have some ocean front property for sale, just outside of Phoenix.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Complete crap

This is a bullshit story not worth the time and effort it took to read. AVOID IT

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

When she did that to me, then told about it, she'd be gone. She and her asshole, both would probably never be seen again....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Kids or no kids

Dude needs a tampon , taking the slut back teacher your child's it's ok to lie cheat steal and do what ever you want an fuck any one else. Not only chuck but a bad parent, that's all this story says.

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerover 3 years ago
I rated the story and not the characters

The story was quite painful to read. Sometimes you know what to do but you don't have the power to do it. Jim can divorced her but didn't because the children are involved. Not to mention the extra baggage included after the divorce. He has to pay the alimony, the child support, fix the custody, and leave his home.

Also, I'm weighting the consequences of the divorce. Regardless whether Marc loves Linda, wouldn't that be a confirmation of victory if Marc manage to split the two? The thrill of seducing is gain when you manage to take someone completely. Linda rejected the second attempt. I bet she learned 'enough' to resist another temptation. I guess Ellen manage to make Linda feel the pain of betrayal. Jay still holds the higher moral ground because the marriage is already broken and he has a valid reason to leave.

I think Linda did change enough. Pain makes you more self aware, and self awareness is what cheaters lack.

As for the emotion of the story, the pain is embedded in the lines. You manage to immerse everyone to the pain of betrayal. I give you 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Worst of the bunch

Yet another typical RAAC story, seems you enjoyed beating the guy down and screwing with his mind until he just bent over.

You should have edited this story down to half the length, to avoid all the filler and BS, and so it wastes less of people's time.

Though it's kinda sad that this story ended up being the worst of the bunch it served as a prompt for. Maybe the author should take a look at the way he write his characters and plots, seems to be a consistent problem.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 3 years ago
Lame as Hell

GeorgeAnderson must be a closet sissy cuck. If Jim had any balls he'd make love to Ellen in front of his wife. over and over again....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You ruined a great story

You started with a great idea. Following the destruction after Linda sneaks off to fuck another man could have been a lot better. Once Jim stayed for dinner with the kids and Linda in her blue dress the RAAC crap had happened and the rest of the story was just showing Jim is a total pussy. This scene should have been Jim looking at Linda in the blue dress and saying “I see Marc is coming to dinner to meet his new kids. I’ll pack a bag and be gone in a few minutes.”

Emily having trouble in school because of the parents issues was great bit of realism. Jim’s character would have been better served by holding strong, not touching Linda and telling her “The night you chose to leave me for Marc, you also left your children. While I love the kids enough that we are not divorced, I do not love you enough to touch you. The rest of our marriage will be void of physical contact between us. You want Emily to be better in school then you should have chosen us over the best sex in life.” Should have moved to divorce after this scene.

The entire L.W. story arc is a waste of the audience’s time. This is clear crutch for you to complete the RAAC. No what pain Linda felt during the setup with the escort she will always have the memories of the best sex in life with Marc. Jim should have turned down the dance saying “I only dance with my wife.” Then turned to Linda saying “If you had responded that way to Marc we would still have a marriage. I am divorcing you. I am also leaving town as your cheating proved I don’t have friends in this town and I am not going to spend my life with everyone telling me that what you did was no big deal.”

When one spouse can so easily walk away for sex even for one night it is no longer a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I’m usually fine with a deserved reconciliation story, but I stopped at the end of page 3 and couldn’t read any more. My pain for the husband is too great. The wife’s action was too cruel. I can’t go on, especially after peeking at the comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Reality

Having lived through the situation I understand why the Jim, the Dad did what he did. Oh, I did divorce the cheating bitch, but it was when my sons were old enough to choose who they would live with. After the divorce she left the state and the boys had little to do with her.

Two things that I would have done differently:

1. Destroyed the blue dress, it was just a trigger to bring back memories of the night. She should have recognized that!

2. I believe that I would have walked out the door with Ellen , told Ellen that I couldn’t go through with anything with her, waited for about 15 minutes and returned to Linda. Up until that point she never felt she had done anything wrong with going with Marc, she was just trying to “fix” Jim. By replaying the situation in reverse for Linda, it made her realize the tremendous amount of pain that it caused Jim.

I felt the story was well written and carried a very good message. 5

MeredithXMeredithXover 3 years ago

I hardly know where to begin.

I actually wanted to get permission to write my own sequel to this story, a recount from Linda's perspective. I don't think anyone has tried that. Consider the possibilities!

But I abandoned the idea, and here's why: Because while women do in fact cheat (I have), WE DON'T CHEAT LIKE THAT. The premise was just utterly implausible. Let's go back to the opening, table-setting scene, which was wrong two of three times and doomed the narrative that followed:

1. "'Hell, yes!' 'Absolutely!' It was clearly unanimous [among the women at the table]" No, it would not have been "clearly unanimous'" It wouldn't have been close. Women aren't men; we value connections, and we don't flaunt our superficiality in a setting like that. And even if we have deep thoughts to the contrary (and we do), we're not going to blurt them out brazenly among our girlfriends and partners in public.

2. "Um, why would I tell my husband?" He gets this part right. Then ignores the thought.

3. "I would tell him that he knows how much I love him, and he knows I'll always come back to him, but I'm not going to pass up this opportunity, and I'll see him sometime tomorrow." No, no, no, no, no. That's not how it works. It's never, ever going to work that way. I cannot even imagine.

Unfortunately, the author chose to proceed under the premises of Items 1 and 3 above. I don't enjoy stories written by men who make no attempt to understand women.

So the pivotal scene where Linda departs with Marc (with her friends spontaneously acting as co-conspirators, no less) is beyond absurd. Did he approach her to dance? Sure. Did they engage in flirting? Sure. Might he have slipped her his number? Maybe. Would she have followed up later after pondering the ramifications? Maybe. Would Marc still be interested? maybe. Would Linda have confided discreetly with one or more trusted friends? Maybe.

But for Linda to decide, with zero forethought, TO LEAVE RIGHT THEN AND THERE on a night that was both special and public (a night she had "wanted to make special for Jim and her") is an astoundingly stupid plot device. And then, as if the reader's intelligence hadn't been insulted enough, Linda comes home the next day and nonchalantly GLOATS about it.

The only way this could possibly have happened would have been if the marriage between Linda and Jim was already irreparably damaged, and Linda had wanted to drive a dagger through what remained. But we got no plot development in that regard; instead, we were repeatedly and consistently led to believe the opposite.

This story cannot be saved. February isn't the only thing that sucks.

racfguyracfguyover 3 years ago

It took seven pages for the cheating bitch to finally 'get' what she did to him. She cheated - it's called committing adultery. Now he needs to divorce the bitch, and burn the damn blue dress.

kennyk0alakennyk0alaover 3 years ago
Real life downunder

The NRL (National Rugby League) integrity unit has cleared North Queensland Cowboys officials after an investigation into an allegation a man was given prescription medication by a senior employee to deal with the stress of his wife having sex with a star player in an airport toilet cubicle.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-clears-cowboys-officials-over-sex-scandal-allegations-20201119-p56g80.html?btis

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I get that this is your story

Why? Who would stay? No self-respecting person, no person with a shred of pride and dignity would stay. She basically told him he was better than you in every way, well not really but you get the point. This guy is either really selfless(for his kids)or really stupid(thinking that she would never do it again). But pretty good story just the ending sucks because its really unrealistic that he would stay after all that she told him, but to each their own i guess.

LeeinFloridaLeeinFloridaover 3 years ago
Well written but...,

I simply can't imagine any self respecting man accepting this sort of shit. I would be over the next business day!

QuintiusQuintiusover 3 years ago
Cop out ending

I haven't read the comments on this story and I'm sure I'm not the first to say this but the whole ending was both rushed and anti-climactic. The scene with Ellen in the end was a gigantic, predictable plot device meant to lever the story into an ending that wouldn't have come about naturally. It was a cheap way of shortcutting the plot into a reconciliation. In other words, a total cop out.

Believe it or not I liked the story up until page 7. It was dramatic, believable (mostly), emotional, and interesting. The protagonist was given an emotional conundrum with no easy answer and, even though it was clear what he wanted and that he was pushing hard for that outcome, how he was going to get there was unclear. I was looking forward to seeing the steps they would have to take in order to reach a reconciliation that was both satisfying to us, the readers, as well as realistic and not emasculating to Jim. That didn't happen because GA decided to use a cheap trick that was completely out of his character in order to facilitate it.

By adding this ridiculously obvious plot device of the conveniently beautiful-beyond-all-other-women honey trap of an escort, all of the hard work that should have gone into rebuilding their relationship was skipped over and / or summarized. Jim would not have blindly followed her out the way he did simply because he was too emotionally aware of Linda at the time. It was ridiculously unrealistic. When Linda was seduced by Asshole she was completely secure, happy, unguarded, and totally vulnerable because she was unaware of what was really going on. She was an accomplice to her own downfall. Basically, she was in the complete opposite emotional and intellectual place that Jim was on her birthday. He'd even had the shock earlier that night of seeing her in her slut dress. There's no way he wouldn't have been keenly aware of Linda and what she was doing, thinking, feeling, etc... at the moment Ellen tried to pull him out the door. For that reason, the entire unrealistic cliché of making him do exactly the same thing she did in order to heavy handedly understand what she'd felt at the time of her betrayal, I do not like this conclusion.

I'm sorry, GA, but you had a good thing going with this premise. I was looking forward to a breakthrough moment, some kind of opportunity in which Linda could show her husband understanding, atonement, and complete loyalty and renewed fidelity. What you gave us instead was chicanery and a cheap shot to show that Jim's not so perfect, either. I wanted a deep moment by which Linda could show her husband that she really did only want him now that she had something "great" to compare him to and that he could completely blow her mind with his loving. What you gave us was a weak platitude and a summary at the end that basically said, "It was tough, but we made it." Nothing was shown to us to make us believe that they could make it and become the couple all their friends envy. You just told us they were.

Nice try. Excellent set up, very emotionally wrenching situation, but a piss-poor ending.

Judge6901Judge6901over 3 years ago
Upsetting

The story becomes more and more upsetting as Jim and Linda are drawn into the black hole caused by Linda’s actions. Unfortunately Linda did what a lot of people do in real life, alcohol usually involved. I like the honest way this is resolved acknowledging children are glue which holds people together, that Jim isn’t that different and Linda finally gettting why Jim was so angry for so long. Well observed and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Idea for another version

Linda has shown that she is not the classy, loving and beautiful wife and mother that she understands herself to be. Jim's condition for them to stay together is that she will accept him to denigrate her and treat her like the slut that she. In the bedroom or in public.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I know I've hurt you badly, and I can't undo it. But even the worst hurts heal in time, don't they? This doesn't have to affect our entire future, does it?"

And why he was still married to the dumb slut after she uttered this comment is beyond me.. The next words on the page should have been... "You bet your ass it does..." The End

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

The part that I keep coming back to, and I know that I've commented on it at least once, as have others is this: "I haven't changed; I'm still just me, the same old me as always." - She hasn't changed; she's the same woman who was able to sneak of spend the night with another man!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Alternate Option

I'm a terrible writer or else I would add my own version. But considering they have been drinking what would have been interesting is if Linda and Marc got in a drunk driving accident. Now Jim has the disrespect and a crippled wife who needs him more then ever. Choices of forgiveness or the stigma of a wife who will never walk again and leaving her? Just another added layer of complexity not to mention everyone knowing everything and medical Bill's. Would make another perfect storm. Revenge vs care, btb vs racc

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 3 years ago
This was disappointing...

Heard all this talk about how great this story was, but its just another cuck story where the guy just doesn't have any self respect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Perfect but not

Excellent story. Enjoyed reading it and i have also read several other versions by other authors. Like most of them, but this one is my favourite. Thank you.

will_shakespearewill_shakespeareover 3 years ago
Thanks for this

I like the catharsis of the husband experiencing his own fallen moment, even if it's just not the same. I'm a little paranoid and always concious of power relations so if I were to get back together in that situation I'd insist that the price she pays me is higher. But the story was great nevertheless and I like the way her own idea about what the night meant and what she was thinking was changed and some self awareness for the cruelty was there.

It's always worth bearing in mind though for the 'haters' out there that this is often more a male problem than a case of women stepping out.

will_shakespearewill_shakespeareover 3 years ago
LOL

Linda smiled at me. "I know what you mean. Believe me, I've had those conversations with myself, over and over since that night. Neither of us has a perfect record anymore. But we both got a hard lesson in what we have to do so we don't fail each other again. We're both doing it.

'Neither of us has a perfect record anymore. '

come on

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

One of them cheated without any prompting. The other was tempted after being cheated on. There’s a huge difference. The author diminished the impact of this story by not acknowledging that difference and showed the limits of their understanding.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60over 3 years ago
Straight Bull......

This is crap, if the husband had done what she did, she would have burned him to the ground, This character (husband) was emasculated, by the wife, by the Asshole, and by this author. No man would try to justify not divorcing her by using the children as an excuse. There ain't enough time to erase that betrayal.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
I’m writing this here be cause Klimaxos just submitted a part 2 (actually a prequel) to this story, but he has comments closed.

Has no one read GA’s preface? Where he says the whole story is based upon a group conversation he had several years ago at a club, where most of the women in the group pretty much said if a hottie superstar came in and propositioned them they’d probably go off with him; even the married women.

GA was shocked by the conversation/revelation, and DECIDED TO WRITE A STORY AROUND THAT PREMISE. Anyone who tries to change the basic premise of that, like Klimaxos does, with the affair starting weeks before, and the dance club scene being just the open culmination of the affair, is writing about a whole ‘nother story.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
@sbrookes103 10/28/20 — celebrity hall pass.

True. Rather it was the two black guys, from out of the blue, walking up to the table of six, with a photo of a 12” cock and saying, basically, “I’ve got a 12” cock. Care to try it?” And having the MC’s wife look at the photo, then look at the guy with the photo, then get up and walk out with the two black guys.

And instead of the friend using a verbal delaying tactic on the MC, the departing wife told the giant bouncer at the club that the white gentleman sprawled out on the floor (a few seconds after she got up and started for the door arm in arm with the two guys he stood up and tripped on his chair (or something) that caught his foot because he was too hasty) was trying to detain her against her will, and to please hold him off for a minute or two. And he noted none of the others sitting at the table tried to stop her (and if I recall one of the wives almost admitting she was tempted also).

A wife from out of the blue (no previous sign of infidelity (and definitely not some preplanned meet like a couple of the sequels intimate)) leaving for celebrity or a 12” cock (i.e. the mythical Martian Slut Ray or MSR), the husband not happy about it and being detained, whether from a devious friend or giant bouncer, and wife coming back the next day saying, “See honey, I’m back and just as loving as ever. Nothing’s different. Wow! That’s out of my system. What shall I make for dinner tonight?” I see great parallel.

robinhodrobinhodover 3 years ago

I read this story when it appeared. I've read all the mods, alternatives and prequels. I've just read it again.

I vote this the very best story to have ever appeared on this site.

It would be good if someone added together the sum total of words in all the 'Sucks' stories and derivatives, plus readers comments, and attempted to find equivalent volume elsewhere. I'd bet nothing compares.

PS. remember the Jimmy Soul song:- "If you want to be happy and lead a good life, never make a pretty woman your wife."? Mind you, I married a pretty woman. That was in 1964 and it's going fine so far.

Virgo6Virgo6over 3 years ago
Yes it will

Baby making Tom Brady will walk up and ask her to dance next and you can write the whole story all over again. Rinse and repeat. Sorry but flawed character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She was still a bitch.

Linda had time to think about what she was doing and even enlisted Dee to pull it off.

And she never really felt stiffing her husband was a major problem.

How did LW know there birthday plans. Jim should have gone home with Ellen and he should have gotten some form of revenge on Marc.

The kids would have survived the divorce as many children do, and when they get older they could come to understand what a selfish bitch their mother was.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

That’s a damned complicated story. Mostly good, but I have mixed feelings about it. Some of it has me reexamining some RL events, and that’s not pleasant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He needs a hall pass

He was hurt ,she made him suffer , why should he let her off so easily? You made him into a real cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not equal in any way

His pain level and humiliation was ten times hers and it was real pain. Hers was minor and not complete. The scales never balanced. His lasted a very long time, her pain lasted two minutes, and had very few if any witness. Why was he expected to be the great husband to make this work. She stepped out in public with no thought for anyone or anything except self, on a apecial,day. She had already proved she was not a great wife. Any guy this weak would not even be able to hold a meaningful job in th real world. Just another wimpy cuck,that this author produces regularly, must be writing from experience.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 3 years ago
Tears

I can't believe that the first story I read on this site brought tears to my eyes. I wanted to get aroused, damn it!

You are an amazing storyteller and writer. I just needed to tell you that because as a woman, a married woman, I was offended and I am not sure why I would be so. I know it is fantasy and just a story, but it made me sign off and run to my husband, who was sleeping, and just snuggle and hold him. And I should tell you and all you men who don't trust women, and there are plenty here it seems, that no woman in love with her man would ever do something cruel like that. I don't care if he was famous, had a giant cock, or was godlike, it wouldn't happen. Ever.

Nevertheless, getting these emotions from me is testament to your skill, although you left me without an orgasm so you only get 4.99999 stars. My husband is the only 5 star in my life.

helix247helix247over 3 years ago

In French, the phrase “coup de foudre” (“CdF”) means both “bolt of lightning” and “sudden intense sexual attraction.”

Commenters often disparage the CdF stories on this site as wildly unrealistic, mocking the scenario as employing “a Martian slut ray gun” to make the LW act in a way no real wife ever would. But haven’t we all been struck, at least a few times in our lives, by a sudden sexual attraction so intense it nearly overpowers our brains?

Now, granted, 99.99% of the time we don’t get the opportunity to consummate that sudden lust for a gorgeous stranger in a swim suit or dancer or athlete or rock star. Or, we come to our senses before going very far. But isn’t it an interesting mental exercise to wonder what might happen in that very rare circumstance where desire and opportunity come into alignment?

Here are the elements of a CdF story in the Loving Wives section of this site:

1. MC and LW encounter an attractive male stranger at a party, club or public event

2. LW is struck by a Cdf

3. The MC is either physically restrained or fooled from preventing the LW leaving with the stranger

4. LW leaves with the stranger in a way that is obvious to the other persons attending the event, humiliating the MC

5. After the adultery, LW returns to MC and attempts to minimize her betrayal

February Sucks is the best known CdF story on this site. But several other very good stories satisfy at least four of the five CdF elements listed above, notably:

Unintended Consequences BigGuy33

The Thunderbolt Hooked1957

My Wife Became a Groupie stev2244

Conversations Tnicoll

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

What a pair of weak willed characters! The physical assets of the two tempters, turned each spouse in turn, into a puddle of desire. Are people so terribly weak as to forget all principles and upbringing? I've seen animals who can't help themselves but the evolved(?) human??? Cleverly handled story but I don't think I liked it much. The disrespect and humiliation was just too much!! 2*s

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Could have been a truly great story . . .

If he had actually left with the escort and spent the night, then Jim and Linda would have been equals once again and both would have had to think about who they were and what they were willing to forgive. As written, Linda would always have a secret smile about her great night.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 3 years ago

Of all the versions

This one is the absolute worst. 1 star and a heaping side order of disdain

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Complete garbage.

I took a chance and read this story to see what all the fuss was about. Complete and utter disappointment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story!

Loved it... well written. Congrats!

brian_scooby

LostlurkerLostlurkerover 3 years ago
Average. Expected better.

Unbelievable ending. Especially the setup by the wife. No one is that gullible.

gldngolfergldngolferover 3 years ago
Not every story should be told

Years ago I listened to a radio interview with James Patterson. During the interview he noted he wrote a book that was despised by both his wife and his publisher. Not because it was bad, but because the characters in the story were so despicable and without morals, that they knew it shouldn't be published because it wouldn't do well.

This story is like that. Sure, it brought out emotions, but were they good emotions? No. The most common emotion felt during the reading of this story, I believe, is anger. Anger for the injustice, anger for the cheating wife, and anger for her having no remorse for her actions, and anger that the prick football player suffered nothing!

The above is responsible for the numerous versions that came out afterwards. This author didn't give us justice in his story, so others tried to give us what we wanted, what we craved.

Should this story have been published? We all will need to decide that issue based on how we now feel after reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
sex Life improvement

Great writing and storyline. I would have liked some potential mention of how they worked on their sex life and performance to assure that they were both being fulfilled and helping erase any comparisons or memory of asshole

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
What

What a wimp,he should have had her things packed ,waiting fo her when she got home from Marc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Judging by the comments

Typical range of comments. The story helps reveal the amount of pain out there in the real world .. presumably a lot of men who have not been able to get past something or other.

But they make an odd choice. Rather than working on getting past the pain in their own lives, they are burdened with carrying it around inside, not able to escape, and look for a pain-killer in fantasies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
terrible

what a weak little beta cuckold .

pathetic , he deserves the NEXT time she cheats on him , he's a doormat after all .

1*

ProfesseurXProfesseurXover 3 years ago

This story generated many offspring and much controversy it seems. Some good some bad.

I found the story a bit long and too forgiving. The betrayal is way too deep for forgiveness for me.

The interesting part is the foreword, the real life conversation. It is so sad, I hope this was just boasting on their part. As for the affirmation that the husband would understand that they love him, I have been a manager for most of my life and I always tell people that they have the choice of their actions but that they cannot choose the consequences....

lovemesomephillylovemesomephillyover 3 years ago

Please stop giving people approval for different versions. They have not been good, all 20 of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
February RIP

George , Please do us ALL a favor , and cut off re-writes for this story .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Jolene

Switching genders. Dolly, minus the cosmetic surgery and money, is still, by all accounts, an incredible person. The only way the mythical Jolene stands a chance is if hubby is no big loss to start with.

As some of the alternatives have written, walking away says everything about her: She isn't worth a dime. Just like Jolene is mythical, so is the magic penis. Maybe Fantasy is the genre for unicorns, no matter how well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Such a brilliant story. As Jim says at the end it was the children that stopped him from divorcing Linda and I guess outside the fantasy world it probably is true in a lot of cases where a partner cheats. Although I think when a partner cheats the marriage has already failed and the children are already feeling the emotional effect.

123456...9
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGeorgeAnderson@GeorgeAnderson
I hereby grant anyone who wishes it, permission to create derivative works from my stories on Literotica, with two conditions: 1. A link to the original must appear at the top of the derivative work. (If you don't know how to do this, ask the moderator.) 2. Quotations from the...