All Comments on 'FH: Just Found Heaven Ch. 02: Max'

by WasAlmostFamous

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamous4 months agoAuthor

Still issues with formatting so apologies. It looks normal when I upload so I'm not sure what's happening but the flashbacks are between the *** and .... trail offs if that helps. Once all of the chapters are published I'll work on reformatting and resubmitted. Thanks for the understanding.

Cane23Cane234 months ago

WOW, what extended, emotional, heartbreaking and wonderful chapter! Max's story relieved and clarified many questions left open from the first story. I understand Max's grief but cannot say that I feel sorry for him. He got what he deserved. He said it himself - "I took Sam's love for granted". Maybe confused, maybe with commitment issues, but still selfishly believing Sam will waiting for him all his life. I'm wondering, if Ben didn't show up, would Max ever confess his true feelings or he would continue emotionally hurting Sam, keeping him on bench as reserve?!

On the other hand, Connor might be an asshole but, he was honest with Max, and all he told him was more as a voice of conscience:

"If you care so much then why the fuck haven't you ever told Sam how you feel about him so that you could be the one up there with him right now instead of Dev? Sam would out himself in a heartbeat for you."

OUCH!

Yeah, it is and you need to man the fuck up. Sam's stuck in fucking limbo because YOU can't figure out what you want, so who's really the asshole here?"

OUCH, OUCH!

"Yeah, I know that. Sam talks about you all the time, and the shit you used to get into as kids. You're tight. I also know that he's in love with you."

OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!!!

I know, but that's still not enough for you to let me in." He shook his head slightly, eyes hooding with a small smile, his breath already evening out as the IV drip of sedatives began to sweep him away again. "I love you anyway, fuckhead.

IF THIS WASN’T ENUGH, THEN NOTHING WILL. MAX DESERVES HIS DESTINY.

Finaly, Max hasn't been honest with Sam not only about his feelings but, Connor and Devlin's awareness of them and conversation they had. This knowledge would bring Sam some closure about his brother he desperately needs.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamous4 months agoAuthor

Oh poor Max lol so misunderstood, Cane. Tara is up next with her best friend sass and therapist speak so some of the selfishness will clear itself up. Max is a complicated one. His soul is a corkscrew and his mind a playground. I'm happy that people can appreciate the humanity I try to show in my characters. No one is perfect. Not even Ben and I'm sure the folks who loved that he's such a good guy will boo and hiss a but about some of his flashbacks from his post escort days, but he does always say beneath his collar he is still just a man. Thanks for following along!

Cane23Cane234 months ago

I'm sure there is a backstory that explains Max behavior and I'm eagerly waiting to read it. As I have told you JJ, I'm not judging Max but, finally -he has made his own bed and must lie in it! Reading the last part of this chapter again, where Max refused barebacking with Sam, and everything that followed, I understood that possibility of their mutual future has been over long ago before Ben appaired. Sam got tired.

As for the Ben...I'm sure he is not saint, but readers made opinion of him based on his attitude toward Sam, not his "sinful" past, and I'm sure it's not going to change, but I can't wait to read about it! 😁

Great work JJ, keep posting! 😊

StraycatndcStraycatndc3 months ago

I have so many mixed emotions. I’m happy for Sam, that he finally found what he was missing in Max. And very sad for Max that he didn’t have the cojones to act on his feelings. I guess it’s a simple case of not knowing what you’ve got till it’s gone. So tragic 😞. Beautiful 5 star chapter!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWasAlmostFamous@WasAlmostFamous
Update: I know I haven't posted in so many years. I am around but after Covid and life/job changes I didn't have time. And then after years of symptons and a year of tests, I was diagnosed with MS so it's been a whirlwind with dealing with that, sleep deprivation and meds on t...