All Comments on 'Fifty Year Itch'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 157 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

Great story! I guess a 70 year old could have a high sex drive. I wonder if Kate pursued Ted or did he want revenge sex as a pay back for John beating him in the three trials.

5

HikingThruHikingThru9 months ago

I enjoy your stories for the "adulting" way they deal with the plot and how they talk to each other. Whether RAAC or BTB, or negotiated truce, things seem plausible.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ9 months ago

She was stupid. A short time later, her looks would fade and the men would stop calling. She would be alone from then on. Putting in 50 years but not aging together is a waste for both.

goodshoes2goodshoes29 months ago

One year. Only one year. Then she will cheat, husband will find out, then divorce.

ibuguseribuguser9 months ago

5*. Well done.

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

She's nuts, but the story was well told and dark. Good job!

MwestohioMwestohio9 months ago

Good plausible story

Moonbat74Moonbat749 months ago

His rage sure did dissipate quickly. A real.man wouldn't take that kind of bullshit. She's 70 FFS. Let her fuck around and find out. She'd be old, shrivelled meat with the desirability of a used tampon inside a year.

EightyThousandEightyFiveEightyThousandEightyFive9 months ago

I dunno. A good mature woman story can be hot, but at seventy? That’s a lot of suspension of disbelief. Numbers don’t lie; by 60, barely half of women still have sex. Add ten years…

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit9 months ago

I think John bounced back too quickly, he had a lot of emotional thoughts through his weeks away. And he was convinced that she couldn’t/wouldn’t remain faithful.

miket0422miket04229 months ago

Compelling story. Despite husband initially running off without talking it was nice to see a long time married couple actually have the needed conversation before any irrevocable actions were taken by either party.

Having a 70 year old former trial lawyer who's been married 50 years immediately switch from unreservedly loving his wife to white hot rage and hatred seems out of character. Deep sadness, feelings of betrayal and even anger ...sure. Immediate hatred. Seems over the top.

Having him catch her as she's walking up to the apartment building to have an extra marital threesome seemed like a gratuitous attempt to pump up the tension of the story.

Still, one of the better stories this author has had in a while.

hindsight2020hindsight20209 months ago

4*. Well written, but the emotional switching was not supported in the character development. Especially his. Her's was sort of there, but his simply was not.

hindsight2020hindsight20209 months ago

BTW, I will hit 70 later this year. There is nothing in this that is implausible based on age. Especially for him. My wife is 63 and we hang out with a lot of distance runners, younger and older. There is no lack of libido in our group.

BrentJWBrentJW9 months ago

I liked this because many people don’t think seventy years olds have any libido left. On some level, marriage is @lways an accommodation and negotiation to stay with the other, at all ages. Take the marriage for granted and it becomes either boring or valueless.

Regguy69Regguy699 months ago

Sad that after fifty years she still needs an affirmation of her sexuality. Old people sex? Yes, there are some very fit, attractive 70 year old folks out there, but not many. I would have just stayed at the beach and let her do as she wished. I would have made it clear she was NOT welcome at my new residence and she was no longer a part of my daily life. I’d see her at family events only and have no qualms about replacing her in my bed, if I chose. No divorce needed, never would even consider another marriage.

TajfaTajfa9 months ago

If you had made this their 30th anniversary and they just turned 50 it would be plausible. However, at 70 there are very few women or men with a huge libido. I would have thought she would want to retire and see the world with her husband. However, I did like the story so 4 stars. Maybe the story should have finished 10 years later when they were walking with Zimmer's and peeing their pants.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion9 months ago

I liked it. I'm a little over 4 1/2 months away from 73. Do I have the urge, just about every day. Can I do anything about it. No, it takes two. Would I ever cheat, absolutely NOT. We are coming up on the double nickel in 6 months. That's too much of an investment to risk. One other thing If your retired why go into the office to get caught up on work?

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed9 months ago

This was constructed nicely, but there are definitely holes in the thought process here. She is 70 and still working a high stress job and never considered possible additional age-related chemical changes in her body? Then, the husband goes off to think over his options and he doesn’t think that there could be something medical? Plus, his rapid jump to extreme anger might be believable, but her revealed thought process is only about gain/loss based on her wants. She is still thinking about what she can risk getting away with when he catches her with the two dance gigilos. She is a time bomb. 4 stars

OOAAOOAA9 months ago

Good story!!!! Well done!!!

Almost got burned..., but saved at least.

5 stars from here!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Good story with several underlying questions for the "older" readers on the site. I thought the storyline was going to go off the rails a couple times (you've been known to do that - LOL), but you pulled it back. Well done overall - 4.6*

KRD19254KRD192549 months ago

Nope, she is still willing to hedge her bet and still deceiving him. Really this is what 70yr olds think? I'm almost 69 and it's not what is in my head but then again beating cancer takes focus.

\

I could see 60 as the defining almost EOL/retirement mental barrier but 70 most are retired?

\

4**** hooyah

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar9 months ago

I'm 77, wife is 71. I can attest old people do fuck. Y'all have fun. I hate the Kate character. Completely self-involved.

irinmikeirinmike9 months ago

Lets see, she just celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary with all the memories and that evening she tells her faithful husband that she is going away for a weekend of fun and sex, with no other than a man her husband does not like at all! Come on! Okay maybe if she spent a few hours with her "different" non husband man and didn't tell her hubby it could work, but never would it fly for her to tell her "rock" of a husband that she was leaving for the weekend. But hey she would return freshly fucked and happy on Sunday. Of course her husband had the same option, only problem was he had not been courting sex on the side, while she had already picked out her lover. Good writing but come on find a story line that makes a bit of sense. I gave this a four mostly because of the way the author's writing kept me reading more. My final thought was make some sense with a story line, even if it is fiction.

MormonJackMormonJack9 months ago

Thank you and 5 stars!

70's huh? I sure hope that I'm still raising the flag in my 70's. But truly, being an attorney, I hope I'm retired by 70.

In my mind I viewed it as if they were both in the 50's. I found that a lot more relatable and believable. Suddenly the whole story seem very real. Yes, I had grandkids when I was in my 50's.

I especially like the "resolution": John is definitely a no-go on open marriage, and Kate is committed to remain faithful though she still wants to open the marriage up. Kate got her comeuppance for her manipulations and they managed to stay married. That's very real to me.

Thank you so very much for sharing your talents here!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19699 months ago

cheating as a senior is a great way to die alone... and reward the person that loved you for x years, who will die alone too.

mainer42mainer429 months ago

Martian slut ray at 70? I cannot fathom what she did to him. I would be gone

Nothingman83Nothingman839 months ago

Since my wife and I are coming up on our 50th anniversary, this makes me a bit nervous.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat9 months ago

Meh … unlikely at this point in their lives, but should have been a HARD NO and the dance lessons would be history along with the job. 3*

manstergesmansterges9 months ago

You've found a unique plot and ending for this category. Not BTB, not RAAC. Very nice... thanks.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanm9 months ago

I think you need to bring it to the natural conclusion. You know where Kate cheats and gets divorced and goes back to work and the gym and gets laid by all them. Especially since its 50 years. Maybe they need to separate now.

HargaHarga9 months ago

She's going to break a hip.

TrustingagainTrustingagain9 months ago

I did like the new spin and maybe after 50 years they are comfortable with each other that trust is no longer an issue, but she’s already shown that she will cheat on him - she’ll just be sneaky.

Sorry, I wouldn’t /couldn’t trust her any more.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamer9 months ago

Should be just the thing for those who complain about the "same ole same ole." I GAVE IT 5 STARS.

servant111servant1119 months ago

Nice and realistic.

5 stars

vanyevanye9 months ago

Amazingly spry folks at 70. Certainly didn't act like 70 year olds. Well written, but had problems accepting the premise that a successful lawyer could be that stupid.

deependerdeepender9 months ago

Liz used her phone to email her dad. "'We're all at the cabin. So worried, but we see that maybe you left. We're all worried sick. PLEASE, DAD! Get in touch.'

John got the email at his motel. He replied, 'I'm okay. No worries. Sorry to worry you. No further contact until I sort through my options.'

.

HUH???????????????????? WHAT?????????????????? HOW?????????????????

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A reasonable story about getting older, but I can't quite accept that a seventy year old woman would consider sex that important considering she's WAY past menopause. And without the little blue pill (even with it) I don't see a man being that virile at seventy. In short, I see that what you wrote about (50 year itch) was my problem with the story. Do old people really think about sex that much? And would a much younger man (late 30's) really want to have sex with an old lady regardless of how good she looked? Too unbelievable for me.

deependerdeepender9 months ago

Woops...forgot about the laptop.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

so he's still married to a hoe?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She is still a lying cheating bitch. With time she find an excuse. But good writing.

deependerdeepender9 months ago

Good story. First LW story in a long while with two likeable lawyers. Good that they found a middle way.

bobareenobobareeno9 months ago

I enjoyed this, particularly their age and their long marriage being threatened by her desire. It was an unusual, and interesting, scenario.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

70 year old woman willing to risk a 50 yr marriage??

And 30 yrs old stud dancers are all over her??

Your premise for your story is nuts my friend!

Sorry

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny9 months ago

He's written way too smart to believe her. She's just masking her desire,it's still there, festering. That kind of stress will put a 70 year old man in his grave.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

excellent beginning. 5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

First gto was 1964, not 63....

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

At first blush it would appear that Kate came to her senses. But the, 'who knows what could happen' remarks show she is only biding her time. Eventually Kate will succumb to the Martian Slut Ray. It's sad that a character is portrayed as a slut after 70 years and 50 of them faithfully married.

skruff101skruff1019 months ago

So John takes up his new mantle of ‘cuck in waiting’ because it’s gonna happen, women are a patient breed, she’ll wait a while but it’ll happen.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nope, didn't work for me sorry. I think the age range was a bit much for characters acting like teenagers. I've seen some fit 70 years olds, but not like this.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The bitch will cheat if he doesn't agree to swinging or swapping

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nope just another cheating old cunt. She will cheat its just a matter of time. The husband should have ditched the cunt wife. To avoid being a willing cuck get rid of the crusty old cunt.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

think kate fucks around. he should have left her.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy599 months ago

Bravo! Well written and executed. It got me thinking how often we forget the difficulty men in open marriage have vice their spouses. It wou.d be even worse at 70 yo. I'm sure she would have lovers younger, but hubby? Nah. He might have found a few crowns at a retirement home, but I t woukd have been unequitable in the end.

Still, great job. Fun read.

All the best,

Dave

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Officially done with any and all demanded stories. Your MC husband's have absolutely no will power on their own. Wimps. Guys aren't as easy and stupid as you make them. They don't just fuck the woman just because she has a pussy.

beatman04beatman049 months ago

No way she stays faithful.....

rockdoctor63rockdoctor639 months ago

Great story. If I was John I would insist that she go to counseling. She would have had sex with other men twice if fate had gotten in the way. At the end she is still thinking about cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another terrible story. Your stories start good but always end with a whore wife and an unbelievably weak husband who forgives

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I really don't know how a matured woman at 70 doesn't have the understanding of life. Seriously at 70 a woman would dothis to her husband rather than being supportive to each others and cherish their memories?!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Being a sexy 70 year old is realistic, I know some GILFs for sure. But suddenly turning into a cockwhore at any age, let alone 70, is a bridge too far for me. I like Demander, but not his best.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It would have been better if they'd just divorced. They might have a history together of 50 years but they want clearly want different things now. Kate's got an entitled attitude and will keep nagging John to give in to her and she'll eventually just cheat to get her way.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story truly a loving wife.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You write a lot of emotionally infantile men. Can’t even have a discussion about important issues in their marriage without them running away.

silentsoundsilentsound9 months ago

Could not suspend enough disbelief for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Bye Bye Bitchy.

She said she'd likely try again.

Personal therapist to find the root of the issue?

If he needs to be on guard, that's not a relationship.

Ethylene glycol?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Maybe John will get lucky and Kate will be eaten by sharks before she proves out to be the slut she tired to be. :)

neilnblowme2neilnblowme29 months ago

i guess stupidity has no age

i always thought that with age you d get wiser .... now that is shattered

i believed the MARTIAN SLUT RAY had age limits .... fuck wrong again lol

i wish them both luck .... they ll need it lol

well written by a talented writer

thanks for screwing up some of my beliefs in a cheating free long marriage .... sad actually

gave you 5 * for the writing and i ll keep to myself the rating for content lol

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu9 months ago

Didn't finished the story.

Kate was really itching.

Even if they reconcile, she feels she needs to scratch the itch. She will find a way to cheat.

It would have been a good reconciliation story but the moment she decided to have the two guys -- for me that is it.

John showed up so her plan didn't pan out -- but really that would have proved to John she needs strange phalluses.

I don't really know what happened after John had sex with her, I just stopped reading

The interest just fizzled out for me.

/

Really 70 year old woman is not so hot.

I have a mother 80 years old now -- she looked like now as she looked when she was in her 70's.

THAT IS OLD!

Man, those two guys might have been desperate incels to have hots for a 70-ish woman.

Yikes.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Your writing has really declined.

Rwg7Rwg79 months ago

Fine story. Good tension development. I feared it might be another BTB story. I do enjoy a reconciliation story, seems that is all I write. Maybe I need to challenge myself.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I am 71 my wife 70 I showed this story to her. She said any time I got stupid enough to ask her this to make sure I was packed first. I told her good because I feel the same.

doejohnny64doejohnny649 months ago

She's gonna cheat. Just a matter of time.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Uh $500.00 bike???

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

Frank66Frank669 months ago

Not a chance, absolutely no chance of him having sex with her the same night that he had caught her getting ready to cheat. After exploding and running off, he comes back to the same weak and confused woman he ran off from, maybe worse. Demander writes interesting stories, but 'having a real life aspect' to them? Not so much.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It's amazing what some on this site will swallow. Yes, there can be an extreme outlier who looks good, has a high libido (most women their 20s and 30s don't have the libido described in the story), and is 70. Basing a story on such an extreme outlier requires more development than it got to be plausible. As for the "reconciliation", it's, unfortunately, just another lw RAAC stupidly catalyzed by sex, which was completely inconsistent with the husband's character development, especially in light of her getting caught on the verge of a gangbang. For any normal man, her plotting and announcing her planned infidelity (note that she didn't ask, she said she would do it), would be enough to end the relationship and, contrary to the sissy bois here, there was nothing to discuss. I can see an outside, very small chance of reconciliation being plausible, but only if developed and written very skilfully. There would be no chance in the world at reconciliation if, as in the story, she was caught on the verge of a gangbang, unless the husband is a weak, needy, unprincipled, faggotty cuck. The only plausible outcome would be to leave her and shun her toxic ass after letting the family know what happened. No need for a divorce, "closure ", counseling or any other psychobabble or any other of the usual lw nonsense.

Let me put it this way, the conclusion of the story is as convincing as writing that someone could

a road-worthy motorcycle for $500.

The prose, however, does flow well. This a talented writer.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Come on. Where is the trust and respect for their marriage when he caught her on her way to cheating, not with one, but two guys. He cannot trust her or her promises. It would be naive and foolish. Hope he finds happiness in guessing and double checking his wife's fidelity from now on. She opened the barn door, can they close it? I doubt it. Thanks for the story.

ZackStevensZackStevens9 months ago

A well-told story. And to all you whippersnapper - I'm 70 this year, married 43 years. We're both about 10 pounds from "fit", but our sex life is better now than ever - at least once a day - so the libidos in this story are completely believable.

But I gotta say - this woman is gonna cheat. Very soon. If I were John, I'd have my bags packed.

BSreaderBSreader9 months ago
Unrealistic

From my personal observation this is unrealistic view no one in their seventys have sex like this. It was well written and flowed well but now believable. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well written and flowed very nicely. ‘Kate’, however, is completely untrustworthy and WILL cheat when given the opportunity.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good one.

.

What was completely missing in the story was the love. 50 years, was the love gone? On both sides? Everything was seen thru the prism of SEX. So sad….

.

4 ****

tralan69ertralan69er9 months ago

2 thirty-year-old dancers chasing a seventy-year-old woman. Not likely, stranger things have happened...especially here at Lit. LW

Keep writing and thank you.

@JustOneMansOpinion, he worked a day a week at the office, plus from home.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

No coment it dosen't warrant one

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story. I am older and question age 70? Maybe in their 50's.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married879 months ago

Good enjoyed the story. It was well done! I agree with the question mark at the end and believe this could use and chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked the story but a few things fell flat for me. At 70 she may need some help in. the lubrication department. As written, she has the biological functions of a 40 year old. Sure, she can want sex but the way she acted and responded was a bit off. At 70, love making is different than at 30. Still great and possible, but different.

The young dancer guys can get anyone they want and in the story bedded the 40 year old. Only reason they would want a 70 year old is possibly out of curiosity. The lady in the story appeared too be an intelligent woman. She couldn't figure that out? She was not "desired". She was joke in their eyes.

She waited for the 50th anniversary party day after sex to spring this? That was for shock value, right? I think if I was the husband I may not have left like that. I would have a piece of my mind and a big ass fight. Marriage as it was would be over. Folks would know it. I would never trust her again. I would check with my financial advisor and lawyer about protecting myself, possibly a separation. Why divorce? I wouldn't be remarrying but I would want some financial protection as I worked that long for my retirement I would hate to lose it all overnight if her lovers steal it.

He reconciled too easily. She is acting like she won some battle and now is out for war.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon9 months ago

It's really hard to believe, but you get worse with every new story. Dry, bland, boring and ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ok. 5 for getting me emotionally charged. But he’s wealthy and drives a ford escape? He bought a motorcycle and drove for days and highways for $500? And did she not go thru menopause? Good luck when she turns 72 and becomes Miss Wrinkle America! Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Next weekend I'm going to spend with Ted Sorenson. Leave Friday, back Sunday afternoon." - She's already decided that she's going to cheat even before discussing nit with him?!

~~~

"She was far from certain that she would really go through with the plan. She wanted to stay married, and still have her fun now and then." - Those two sentences seem a bit contradictory. She's "far from certain," yet want to "have her fun," she even has other guys in mind!

~~~

"Her plan to catch John in a good mood" - She thinks that spoiling their 50th anniversary was the way to go?

~~~

"She was going to say that he, too, could seek new partners." - That's fine if he WANTS new partners. In any case, that idea should be discussed BEFORE she plans a weekend getaway.

~~~

"(aka: status quo ante.)" - If you feel that you needed to explain it, then you shouldn't have used it.

~~~

"If I'm in his place, I'd assume that she'd wait and do it on the sly. That's exactly what he will think." - That's what I was thinking.

~~~

"her machinations about an open marriage were a way to shake things up, out of the rut." - It didn't seem like they were in a rut.

~~~

"But on that day Kate had been without sex for over a month." - So had John. And while in the current situation she might not object to him seeking "relief," under normal circumstances she'd never accept that excuse from him/

~~~

"It's your fault I'm not already getting fucked by two young guys. You owe me." - Fuck that, he owes her shit! The only reason she didn't cheat was because he showed up.

~~~

@goodshoes2. maybe, but ScorpioJJ is right, it won't be long before she can't attract the boytoys, and she'll end up alone or with pale imitations of her ex-husband.

~~~

@Tajfa, I don't doubt her libido, but I doubt that 30?-something studs would be so hot-to-trot for her, unless she's like Jane Fonda.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

No such thing as a '63 GTO. And why would a rich guy by a $500 motorcycle?

I'm 72 and my libido is fine. My wife (70) not so much.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hmmm! Anyone who thinks a 70 year old woman can't go a month without sex clearly doesn't know an awful lot about 70 year old women. I'm not saying that people in their 70s don't have sex but this woman has the libido and the emotional maturity of a teenager which simply doesn't work for me. I can't see any way that her impulsive, immature streak only manifests itself when she hits 70. This one's a bit wide of the mark for me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What a miserable slut, lucky she’s not a dead 70 year old

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She’s apparently still not given up on the idea of sex outside of the marriage. I don’t think this is going to end well for her. Sigh.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It was going well and then just fell apart.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well, that was even worse than your usual fare. Grats?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The wife cheated by planning a weekend of extramarital sex with a coworker before ever mentioning the concept of an open marriage to her husband. She cheated again when she made plans to fuck two dancers behind her husband's back. There is no reason for anyone to believe someone as selfish and narcissistic as she would stop cheating now. The husband is a sentimental fool.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

An absurd and distasteful story. A generous 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You wrote a lot to support them breaking up. but nothing except the are still sexually compatible to support them staying together. They just -- stayed together. RAAC stories suck, and this is a RAAC story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This would be more believable and enjoyable if they were 50 instead of 70. Also, John should NOT have had sex with her after he surprised her with the 2 dancers. It should've ended right there. Instead, you had them reconcile. Lost a star for that. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It sounds like she is another selfish me too femanist. " She deserves it all after all she has done with her life and brought up the kids etc." She has had less stress than him and had an easy ride compared to him. The kids seem to have his thoughts, behaviour and mind set as far as what is right or wrong in a marriage. It points to a long time selfish attitude of hers. How many wives forget there are two in a marriage and you dont always get everything just your own way, love is by giving to each other equally, she wants something thats destroys that. Was she ever in love or was it just convenient. For her to ask for something that is so against his beliefs of a loving marriage shows how little she knows about him after fifty years. The date sites are full off saggy titted selfish women who thought they deserved more in a marriage and found out otherwise and end up very lonely old dried prunes.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous