Finding Family

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Just after 10:00 Astrid came aboard unexpectedly.

"I've come to help."

"What in that bikini?'

"Oh, if it's inappropriate dress for carpentry I'll take it off," Astrid said, removing her top to allow her heavy hangers to droop.

Ryan swallowed. "Is this meant to be a seduction?"

"Oh clever boy," Astrid said, thrusting her tongue tip out between her teeth.

"I have work to do."

"I'll help."

"What dressed like that?"

"No I'll remove my brief because being white I don't want it to get dirty."

Ryan made her wear Miranda's kitchen apron and gloves because they were handing glass and fetched a pair of his sneakers for her.

"You hold and I screw."

"Oooh."

He had to grin.

Gradually Ryan's resentment at her audacity at coming aboard to attempt to fuck him evaporated. She'd turned the music up much louder and hummed away and whenever he glanced at her she just smiled, making no attempt to move in on him.

He relaxed even more.

They stopped for coffee and Astrid said, "You should take a taste of me Ryan."

He was in shorts and she was completely nude, legs spread.

Ryan looked at it and said, "Shaven I see and it looks to be well-used."

"Using it is my hobby," she said, making no mention that Ralph and Mac were using it regularly. Ryan gave for a tick for that.

When they were back working Ryan asked, "Why do you think I should take a taste of you?"

"Don't get my wrong Ryan, Miranda is a lovely girl and she is nuts on you and your eyes have trouble leaving her. These things I notice. But she is a girl. You need to bed a woman occasionally, especially an athletic one like me. My ass is available if that appeals."

"Quiet, I'm screwing," Ryan joked and Astrid, who'd attended high school in England and college in America, understood the idiom and laughed.

"You are a funny man. We go fast and finish this and then fuck and then go ashore, yes?"

"Yes."

"Oooh, that is good."

"Let's pick up the pace Astrid. Tell my about your sexual experiences."

Two hours later they were finished.

"I'm sweaty, we should shower," Ryan said.

"We are going to get a lot sweatier than this," Astrid said, closing his mouth over Ryan's. She pushed his hand at her cunt.

The fishing party returned a large amount of their catch was processed, bagged and Ralph stored it about in the freezer, placing some in the fridge.

Miranda came over in her bikini and found Astrid and Ryan reading. She kissed them both and said they'd had a great time fishing and had seen a huge marlin.

Ryan went swimming with Miranda and when they were resting at the far end of the pool Miranda asked, "Did you fuck her."

"Yes."

"I thought you would as I knew what was on her mind. Even before we left she was glancing out into the bay at Delilah."

"I..."

"There is no need to apologize. Even if we marry I won't be averse to you having an occasional -- and I say occasional one night stand."

"I was attempting to say I wouldn't apologize. It was just something waiting to happen and being a man of course in that respect I am weak."

"Oh god, what a cop out!" Miranda laughed. "The truth is I didn't mind because Astrid is all woman and I knew she wanted you because she fucks as a hobby. She told me that. I also thought the experience would please you."

"She told me when she saw you guys arriving back that your father is very good."

"Oh darling, I really don't think that is something you tell a daughter or a wife."

"Sorry."

"Don't be. Mom will be delighted if he'd racked up his interest in sex. How good is mom compared with me?"

"Darling, you are still only an apprentice. In answer to your question I really don't think that is something you tell a daughter."

"You jerk. Tell me!"

"For me your mother was unspectacular. It's called bam, bam -- thank you ma'am."

"Oh, then what do you say about me."

"You are coming along fine. Would you like me to give little suggestions as we pound away?"

"Yes please darling. I want to be a good fucker for you."

They returned to Astrid. She stretched languidly and said, "Mac phoned and he's back on board and in reasonable shape so will sleep for four hours and at dark will become night watchman. He'll then sleep through tomorrow once we are underway."

"Oh that's good, you can stay ashore tonight Ryan," Miranda said.

"Oh yeah."

"Pam and Bruce are hosting us at dinner tonight as it's their custom to farewell what they call 'couth sailors'," Astrid said. "Well have a right royal time. Do you guys want to sleep with me?"

Before Ryan could say no his little innocent said, "Oh yes please Astrid, I'd like to see you in action."

Astrid licked her lips. "Well look when you can darling but you won't see much when I'm chewing out your pussy and butt."

"Oooh," said Miranda, fighting the biggest blush of her life.

CHAPTER 4

Ralph radioed Bananaboat Island to announce their arrival time as 8:00 the next morning.

Delilah entered the channel, flags flying and whistle and siren going, and islanders and visitors lined the foreshore and wharf to wave and cheer as the vessel went by. Astrid turned and sailed closer to the shore ferry terminal where Penny was bought out on a small workboat to join them for the journey to the boatyard only eight-five miles away by sea. Delilah towed the workboat that would bring the family and Mac back to the ferry base. Mac would be staying on permanently as engineer-electrician with the current engineer staying on as relief engineer-crewman. It had been arranged Astrid would stay three nights with Ryan before being taken to the airport to go to her next assignment.

In making that arrangement Ryan had asked Miranda, "Are you sure you don't mind Astrid staying with me for three nights?"

"Of course not; she's such a darling."

When Penny came aboard she hugged and kissed her husband and daughter but cold-shouldered Ryan. As arranged Mac had stood with his arm possessively around Astrid so Penny scarcely blinked when discovering the skipper was female and an attractive one at that. She and Ralph disappeared for half and hour. When they reappeared Miranda asked, "Mom, what do you think of Delilah?"

"From the shore she looks too masculine for a vessel but I suppose she is a workhorse and those lines could make arriving passengers feel safe.

They went over to the kitchen for coffee; it's restoration into a bar to be carried out at the boatyard.

"Good gracious, this is really beautiful, nothing like the bar in the photographs."

"It's all Ryan's work," Miranda said proudly.

"It's beautiful Ryan, a real credit to you," Penny said, kissing him. "And you have totally relined this passenger deck I can see."

"Yes and our upholster at the yard is to recover all the seats, bar stools and sofas and we'll sand back the teak deck and make it look like new again. All the repainting was done in Hong Kong and she has been resurveyed to international standards but our authorities will check Delilah out at our yard and license her for the number of passengers and vehicles they decree are the maximums."

"You seem to know it all Ryan. I'm most impressed," Penny said. Ralph winked at Miranda and she smiled beautifully. They were moving with the tide and Astrid slowed the speed at bit to arrive a high tide at 3:00 and Astrid called Collin to advise on process. He reported there was no wind at the boatyard.

Miranda served the last of the fish saved for the occasion, serving it grilled with the salad she'd radioed for her mother to bring because they'd been several days since the last of their store of greens gave up the ghost. Ralph produced bottles of French Chablis.

Mac, who had his first mate's ticket, took his meal to the wheelhouse allowing Astrid to come down to join in the celebratory meal.

"How did you fill in your time when not at the wheel Astrid?" Penny asked.

The other diners froze.

"Oh this and that, working on my tan a bit, I read a lot and Mac is very sexually active."

"And my husband?"

"Sorry Penny. I came across him one afternoon masturbating so gave him relief and one night on an island Ralph and I well, how do you say, we'd been celebrating and cut loose."

"Thank you for being honest. Ralph confessed it was three times so one of you must be confused. I suppose at sea and all the dead time things do become confusing?"

"Yes Penny. At sea I would have found you more than attractive."

"Oh really," Penny said, straightening her hair. "I'm flattered."

Ralph, Miranda and Ryan began eating again, their shoulders relaxing.

At 3.20 Colin's voice boomed through the ferry's loudspeaker system.

"Hi folk, welcome. A special welcome to you returning home Ryan."

"Tidal flow should be down to under a quarter of a knot Astrid. There's no wind reading. Keep between the channel buoys and turn in at right angles. Ryan will point out the slipway but it will be clearly visible to you. Come in until the bow just touches. We'll attach a winch hook and haul you up some more so the hull remains steady. We have three piles driven and will have three more driven in on the other side to keep Delilah steady on the rise and fall of the tide because your stern will be afloat at all stages of the tide. We'll keep the winch line on at all times for extra security so there is no need for any other ties. The local newspaper has run a story about this record length vessel coming into the boatyard so half the town is turning out and the school has closed early. There are probably six to eight thousand people lining the river."

"Received and understood Colin. We have a flotilla of small craft accompany us up the channel and people ashore are flashing searchlights. This is so unexpected. Remain on air. Over and out."

Everyone was in the wheelhouse but just before they were to turn Mac went down to the cargo deck to stand at the engine control board as a precaution in case the remote controls from the wheelhouse failed.

Docking went perfectly. First of all a new pile was rammed in and a cable with a red light on it installed to warn of the over-size vessel poking out into the channel. Spectators who remained cheered again and then once more when the siren of the Delilah sounded in acknowledgement and her berthing was completed, although the side piles were still being driven.

As soon as Ralph had taken Colin on an inspection tour of the ferry and agreement was reached on the work to be done, with Colin's experienced eye pointing out a few more items for possible inclusion, Ralph, Penny, Miranda and Mac boarded the workboat and were farewelled by Ryan and Astrid.

Astrid was longing for a bath and accompanied Carolyn to the house. Peter couldn't believe that a real sea-going captain was Astrid, a woman, and nor could his sisters when they arrived home.

Carolyn grabbed Ryan as soon as he entered the house. "Astrid, she said she was sleeping with you."

"Yeah, Miranda said to look after her."

Scandalized, Carolyn said, "After the big kiss and sexy farewell I saw Miranda giving you I don't think Astrid sleeping with you was on her mind."

"No need for her to do that; it was worked out before we turned into the river mouth."

"God, what were you people up to on that delivery voyage?"

"Don't ask Carolyn and you won't be shocked."

"You young people are so free with sex."

"Jealous Carolyn... you can come over and join us tonight."

"Don't be so disgusting. I suppose you want me to take her to the city shopping?"

"Yeah, thanks. And lend her your car to go locally to get her face, nails and hair done. She says she always does that when arriving in port."

"Very well, no I'll be pleased to do that. She's actually very nice."

"Thanks mommy. I'll pay for all expenses including car running."

"You just concentrate on pleasing her in bed. Goodness, she's almost my age."

"Well then just say the word."

Carolyn laughed, but it was forced. "Young man, I ought to wash out your mouth with soap."

Astrid was appreciative of Ryan organizing her stay including having access to Carolyn's car.

"I must show my appreciation darling," Astrid said that evening, leaving Ryan close to legless and hour and a half after arriving at the loft after dinner. Then she stirred him during the night and they were at it again. He leapt out of bed in the morning while she was still asleep and went over to the house for a pre-dawn breakfast.

Carolyn came out in her gown, smirking. "For goodness sake, sit and rest. Let me get you breakfast. That woman has half killed you."

When Carolyn was sitting beside Ryan drinking coffee he said, "Astrid took it up the ass for the best part of an hour."

"Ryan, how dare you speak to me like that!"

"Sorry."

He ate in silence for a couple of minutes.

"I am aware some women take it up there. It's called backdoor sex isn't it?"

Ryan said yeah, that was one name for it.

"But why?"

"I understand some women get more sensation up there than in the cunt."

Carolyn snorted and said the word to use with her was vagina.

"Does it hurt?"

"Some women can't bear it because of pain. Some grin and bear it until the pain wears off while some, even though it's tight, never lose their grin."

Carolyn chose he words carefully. "I gather you are speaking from personal experience?"

"Yes."

"What about shit?"

"Er Carolyn, the word to use with me is excrement."

She giggled and called him a cheeky poop.

Not looking at Carolyn, Ryan asked ever so casually, "Doesn't Colin..." He paused.

"No."

Very red-faced Carolyn fled on to the deck to watch the sun rise, alone with her thoughts.

Early on the morning Carolyn and Ryan were taking Astrid to the city airport forty-five miles to the north Miranda called to say goodbye. Astrid said she'd picked up a contract to take a 190ft motor yacht from Boston to Gibraltar for a family preparing to holiday in the Mediterranean. Miranda then spoke to Ryan and said could she come over and stay a couple of nights.

"What, pussy wants some playtime?

"Ryan!" Carolyn hissed. Realizing everyone in the room was listening he raced from the room.

"Yeah, good idea," Ryan said, having missed Miranda's response to his question."

"If you think it's a good idea I'd like to check out your area and see if there's any work for me. I've asked dad what my future was with him after I've worked for a while hosting on Delilah and he said nothing unless I get my first mate's ticket but that doesn't appeal."

"I see. When do you wish to come? Carolyn might have some good contacts in town here."

"Could I come next Tuesday?"

Ryan checked and Carolyn said that would be fine.

"Yes, she knows almost every business person in town. She'd love to have you to stay and sleep in the loft."

"With you?"

"She didn't say that because Peter was listening and he'd only ten and Shannon is only fourteen."

"Oh."

"It's okay, no worries."

* * *

Miranda's desire to locate close by alarmed Ryan. Now well into the wheelhouse refit of Delilah he spent time that morning thinking of the consequences. It was as if life was closing in on him and he knew he was responsible for that. He'd been relatively happy being footloose and free as they say, happy but with reservation. Carolyn and her family had established linkages and emotions within him that hitherto he'd been denied.

The pluses of being associated with 'family' were outweighing the factors that had previously had him believing he was better off without having any ties. If had had no closer relationships he could not be hit again by dreadful personal tragedy. Chances of repeat tragedy in his personal life would also be very slim but until now he'd not thought about it in terms of percentages. He'd just steered clear of connecting to such risk. Actually he took that step towards greater risk when considering investing in the boatyard. Such investment meant ties and now Miranda seemed intent on tying to him.

Did he welcome Miranda doing this? Leaving aside pussy that is?

Ivan the leading hand who was a qualified electrician came up to finish off the re-wiring and after he left Ryan began gluing and hidden-nailing the last section of wall paneling. When Ivan had been working on that end Ryan had installed the new base for the daybed that the skipper could use between trips between base and the island. In summer the ferry began a return trip every two hours and that reduced to two return trips daily at the slackest parts of the year. Working back on the paneling Ryan's thoughts returned to Miranda.

Miranda wanting to locate lose by meant she wanted an on-going relationship with him that could become long term and ending in marriage or a committed partnership. So what do he think of that? He rattled all the good things he saw in Miranda and had to scratch really had to find any thing he found objectionable. The biggest fault he could think of was she spend a huge time in the bathroom playing with her hair, face and nails but that was offset by her not locking him out. The two biggest ticks were she could tough it out and rough it out. Living conditions on the voyage from Hong Kong had been barely adequate. Many women would have chickened out, but not Miranda. She'd just made good with what she had. And while they had avoided running into severe storms they'd struck plenty of rough weather and she's shared the duty of going out on the exposed upper deck to check that the lifeboats and various fittings including communication gear on top of the wheelhouse were secure. While doing that she would have been lashed by wind and spray. Well-fitting doors had kept the vehicular deck, below the passenger deck, dry. On top of all that Miranda like him and he liked her. Christ that's spent hours on the voyage telling each other that.

Ryan knew he'd locked himself in buying into the yard, thought he could always sell out but why would he want to do that? He was very happy here. He'd been qualified to do nothing better than bum around and then miraculously was learning skills and had a setup that were transferring him into being an artisan. Carolyn had told him he was now entitled to call himself a journeyman and once he gained wider experience in other departments he'd emerge as a boat builder. She'd said it was one of the ancient productive crafts of civilization and was more worthy than ancient professions of law and prostitution. They had laughed themselves silly after she'd said that, wondering what her attorney would have to say about her musings.

Yep, he'd marry Miranda if that were her aim. He was flattered that she possibly regarded him as her choice of husband. They'd avoided ever talked about that possibility. He'd know how to act if their relationship began to take that route. The next step would be to help Miranda find temporary accommodation in the town and if she settled in they could then buy a house; he had money.

Colin had gone off that morning but was back home at lunchtime when Ryan went to the house to eat.

The couple had opened a bottle of wine. Carolyn poured another glass and handing it to Ryan said, "Here you go champ."

Ryan thanked her and was suspicious. What was this about? He knew Colin and Carolyn were pleased that Shannon's applications at high school to play soccer and join the ski squad next winter had been accepted without her having to participate in trials and Annie would be going to her first choice of college but that should be a whole family celebration.

"I've spent some of this morning at the council in discussion of our lease of this 4-acre council-owned site exploring possibilities," Colin said.

"The lease has nine years to run with right of renewal and as there are heaps of undeveloped riverside reserve land the council is under no pressure to develop this site for public use and, as the huge turnout testified at Delilah's arrival last Friday and the crowds that gather when we launch a new vessel council officials acknowledge an affinity between the community and the boatyard exists. We also are a sizeable employer of local people and buy locally and use local services where possible. Therefore there is no objection to us adding another dwelling to this site," Colin beamed, unfolding a plan and calling Ryan over to him.