All Comments on 'Finding Life after Debt'

by Malik_Rune

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not exactly 'nonconsensual.'

Dr_James_Davies_DFDr_James_Davies_DF5 months ago

What Does the Future Hold?

Stock manipulator Joseph Kennedy once said: by the time the average person has figured it out, the time to act has past. In that vein many have asked: How long can a dwindling minority support the excesses of an ever-growing majority? A decade ago the number of ungrateful beneficiaries had just surpassed their unappreciated benefactors.

What form will a correction take?

Malik proposes a draconian reaction to correct the era of easy credit and liberal bankruptcy. In malik's world following in the steps of the financial slavery visions of Gentleman_Mariner and Carl Bradford who ascribe to the people - marketting of John - Doe Stories, a dystopia in which people put their person up as security for a loan. Upon default, the debtor is inducted into slavery.

"Welcome to the Collectors Auction! ... for those of you currently in the processing pen, welcome to your new role.

You are no longer part of the problem, no longer a burden on the economy, you are the solution. You are the future. You are now property, and will be auctioned off accordingly. With that out of the way ..."

Malik does accurately present the ritualized process of dehumanization:

We all watched as the standard procedure began. First, the pieces were unchained from each other and made to stand in line facing forward. Then the processing team had them remove all jewelry, clothing and anything that would make them feel like a person.

Malik does demonstrate resistance but doesn't develop it.

Why does one person buy another? A person buying Hucows could be making an investment in production of a product for re-sale. But here the buyer has bought a toy, on the level with a high performance car, expensive to upkeep. That's an interesting concept, a purely capricious purchase.

It might have been easier to explore some of these concept from the perspective of the captive.

,

thomas_deanthomas_dean5 months ago

Why Would You Want To Own A [Hu]MAN?

In a 1965 movie SHENADOAH, James Stewart asks this question to his sons, at least one of whom is thinking of joining the rebel army. To answer the question, the same reason as you'd want to own any practical device. With the finest blood of Virginia etc we can easily see that erotic pursuits were among the reasons. Though a slave might be devoted to more profitable purposes, gratification often won out over other motivations.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMalik_Rune@Malik_Rune
Just a normal guy with experience and vivid fantasies