Finding Love in Thin Places Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chris paused, "You handled it amazingly well. The kindness and compassion and patience you showed me made it easier." Looking right into her eyes, "And so really, thank you. It meant more than I showed at the time. And that's what I'm really sorry about. I didn't return your compassion that well."

He paused and she jumped in, "you were hurt..." she started.

"True,'' Chris nodded, "but I think I could have handled it better. Not as well as you,'' he raised his glass to her and took another drink, this one longer. "I didn't though. And I'm so sorry. I hope you can forgive me."

"Forgive us our trespasses..." she intoned, her voice breaking. Chris just nodded and took another slug of beer.

"Can I ask..." She hesitated.

Chris looked puzzled, cocked his head and shrugged.

Kate continued, "are there,'' she paused, unsure she wanted the answer, "happy memories of us though?"

A smile erupted on Chris's face. "Yeah, lots of them!"

"I hope it's not all just our make out sessions and stuff?" she laughed.

"No, not at all. In fact, funny thing, I don't remember that as much," he winked and chuckled, "Except for a few."

"Like the police car." And they both just giggled.

"Yeah. But I'll tell you one memory that I have. It lies dormant a lot, but then, there's a song, 'Come On Feel The Noize' that brings this vivid flash sometimes when I hear it. We were at a dance. You were laughing and screaming out the lyrics, pointing at me with 'girls rock your boys' and what comes with that flash is remembering a feeling of pure joy. That's the only way I can describe it. For those few moments I experienced some of the purest joy in my life."

Kate beamed, "That's beautiful, I think I remember that too. Thank you." She cocked her head, "Do you know what I remember?" Chris shrugged, "I remember you talking to my little sister. You treated her like a friend and took interest in her, she really needed that. I remember you would hold my hand with such tenderness and care when we walked together. I especially remember ice cream at Friendly's," she laughed. "You were a good first boyfriend."

They sat, eating for a minute. "Hey, I'm gonna need another one of these, you want one too?" Chris pointed to his nearly empty glass; Kate's contained about a third of pint still.

"Yeah, why not!" she chimed. "And," she looked sheepish, "can I try a bite of your steak and ale pie?"

Chris laughed as he headed over to the bar, "Go for it!"

They spent a nice evening talking about their lives, their kids, their loves and their losses. They laughed and remembered good times, telling their stories. They gently held each other's hurts with compassion and caring. The conversation came surprisingly easy, like when they dated. It seemed like a million years ago, and yet not.

***

Kate slid quietly into her single bed at the hotel. She heard Meg sleeping soundly. She lay back, thinking about the boy she had known so many years ago and the man he had grown into. She remembered chatting on the phone one night with him when she conspiratorially whispered that she wore only a robe. She didn't think he knew, but as they talked, she touched herself. After they hung up, she had continued to touch herself.

She found her hands roaming her body again as she responded to the powerful memory. Her fingers dancing along the sides of her breasts, caressing, and teasing her thick nipples. Her body coming alive with memories of young love and now visions of a man who still could make her laugh with his jokes, inspire with his faith, and lead with love. Her hand slid down her body and she found herself wet and sensitive. Her fingers slid along her lips, caressing and teasing. Circling her increasingly sensitive button, Kate gasped as an orgasm surprised her and rocked through her body.

She heard Meg roll over, "You're back, you ok?"

"Um, yeah, just tired." She managed to gasp out as her body slowly recovered. She had not had sex or even played with herself in over a year. She realized she missed it.