All Comments on 'Fire in the Belly'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

It was a good story, but ended too soon!

How about Lauren setting Howard up with someone? She obviously likes him, so could set him up with a friend, or her early 20's daughter would be even better!

Melissa needs to be replaced by a hotter, younger, more loving woman to really make the cheating bitch suffer for abandoning her husband and children. It would be deliciously ironic if she left because she thought she deserved better, only for her family to get an upgrade as mother and wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Did she find the fire in time?

No. The end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
"Her slow-to-anger husband was showing a side of his personality she had not seen before."

Just another shallow distant tepid marriage, where the partners really don't know each other, and at least one partner is bored and curious about other opportunities.

Interesting that this pathetic immature bitch doesn't even know herself: "After a quick run to the liquor store, she got drunk. Something she had never done before."

She apparently had abandoned her family some time before she physically left them: "She had trouble identifying in her head all her children's current friends, what activities they liked to do, and what they liked/disliked about school. It was time to call. Caught up with work and dating, she had gone several weeks without contact." Yeah, she's all about being a wife and mother, when she not dating and fucking around.

Just another story about stupid people fucking up their lives. Thanks for one more example why you should stress and test a relationship before it becomes a marriage. He got what he married. Let's hope he will choose better with a second wife. And that does not mean the second wife cannot be a smarter wiser mature Melissa, but she has killed the first marriage, and eliminated the first wife and mother.

A great opportunity to write a compelling dramatic romance as a followup.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Best of Luck

What about the kids?

Oh, of course, miraculously they no longer live with their mother. Male fantasy stuff, Howard's lawyer misled him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

I really hate this kind of wife. "Her husband could be a better lover." Just what is SHE doing that's tearing up the sheets? "She needs more 'ME' time." Her husband doesn't?

She signed a contract BEFORE talking to her husband? He was right to be angry! As he said, why not talk about their problems FIRST, maybe get some counseling? God knows if it cones to divorce, THEN she'll be insisting on counseling!

She's complaining about what she wasn't getting from her husband in the bedroom. It NEVER occurs to her that her increased attention at work was due to changes that she made to HERSELF! When was the last time she wore some Victoria's Secret to bed?

"That son-of-a-bitch has been cheating on me." - LOL, no comment necessary!

"I stopped it before we really had sex." - She stopped it only because he was too rough, not because of any attack of conscience.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Best of Luck"

Not such a fantasy. The kids are 10 and 12, old enough for the Judge to at least listen to them, take their wishes into consideration, along with her abandonment.

Obviously, the Judge won't accept their wishes uncritically, but he/she WILL take them into account.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Agree with the divorce.

She obliterated their marriage and family fairly coldly and certainly.

I agree that he needs the divorce and she needs the repercussions of her actions.

I hope he gives a different woman a chance. There might be a reconciliation possible in their future but he should have the opportunity to discover himself without the cheating, hypocritical, self absorbed bitch in his life.

Entertaining so 4*.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
It is called abandonment anon.

And yes, it is very real and taken very seriously by the courts.

She tells her family to basically fuck off while she goes to live the life of a single, including dating and hook up fucking while he absolutely looks out for his children and provides them with a safe and loving home.

Open and shut in most cases.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 5 years ago
A sequel would be good.

Interesting beginning.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 5 years ago
I've heard of.

people doing something like this before. The problem that I had is she supposedly got an apartment on a month to month lease. She would still be responsible for the utilities, mail service and rental for furnishings. She said she paid for it with money out of her personal savings. It must have been nice for her to be able to put that much money away with two kids almost teenagers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another crazy woman

Unhappy with her life. I would have thought she might talk to her husband about her/their issues before abandoning her family. I wonder why she didn't talk to her parents, her sister or a councilor BEFORE pulling the plug. It seemed unclear how long she was actually gone. It seemed like a fairly short time. But Hubby seems like he has made up his mind and the counseling was just something to check the box for the divorce he wants - with no real talking to his wife. The restraining order was a joke. No Judge grants that. There are no reasons to grant it. And where are the children's voices in his decision? You can't tell me they don't want and need their Mother back. The parents in this story came off as really unlikable people. Kinda hard to solve your problems if you can't talk to your spouse.

3 stars

ToymandaveToymandaveover 5 years ago
A sequel would be nice,

But you ended the story in a good enough spot for readers to continue the story in their own minds. The was another prolific writer who did the same thing with his stories all the time, making readers want more. Good job.

Prince020402Prince020402over 5 years ago
Anyone old enough...

to remember the movie Kramer vs Kramer?

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another

Another good offering from Skippy. Wife wanted to find herself, so she leaves husband and children abruptly with no discussion. She went out expressly to find a man to have sex with, and stopped only because he was too rough. She felt that she was being replaced as wife and.mother, so she wants to come back. Not surprisingly, husband doesn't welcome her with open arms. In fact he intends to seek a divorce. With her abandonment and infidelity, she stands to lose everything. Good for him, she was all about what she wanted, husband and children would have to wait for her. Now the show is on the other foot. Being alone may not be as much fun now. Definitely need a chapter two.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
A worthy attempt

I thought that Skippy has tried far more than most LW authors to include both sides of a story about a husband-wife relationship undergoing difficulties.

Melissa's vague and (for her) unexplainable feelings of 'something missing' in her life was a far more realistic explanation of her behaviour than the usual nonsense excuses that authors put in their LW stories. Likewise, taking precipitous action trying to find what is missing is something that I have seen on several occasions.

Howard's reaction to her precipitous action was equally realistic, as was that of the children. All in all, I thought Skippy produced a good, realistic and interesting story.

One thing that did grate slightly was what I thought was the slightly stilted nature of the dialogue. It didn't seem to flow as smoothly and naturally as occurs when real people talk with each other.

Lue

Ps: Skippy, your biog notes are uninformative. I, for one, find an author's stories more interesting when I know some of the things that influence that author. Any chance of a word or two added to the biog?

Pps: In my part of the world, Skippy will always be the hero of the kids TV program of decades ago 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo'.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
Re: 'Anyone old enough' -- Prince comment

I'm not only old enough to remember Kramer vs Kramer, I have also seen it used as a training film. I argued with the trainer who diagnosed their problem as 'communication'.

Communication is such a catch-all diagnosis of marital problems that it is useless for anybody trying to find a solution to those problems.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good STORY but the same problem again.

Damn it! Here's another unfinished STORY. I don't understand how authors can keep their stories hanging in mid air. This is a 5 STORY that gets a 1. Finish the story!!!!!

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 5 years ago
Ok ish

3* Interesting setup, but weak execution and no real ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ok...

Could be better or great; if you're planning on continuing with a conclusion/follow up or epilogue.

Whether they find their way back to each other & rekindle the fire or live separate lives.

This ending is just sort of hanging.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
Well, she got what she wanted.

Pity it turned to ashes in her mouth.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
Good Story Skippy

But I thought the ending to be a little brief. It seems like Melissa only panicked and came home because she was being replaced. It also seems that if Gus had been a considerate lover that she would have found satisfaction and moved on without her family. After all of the dialog we really didn't get a sense of what Melissa was really wanting except to not be replaced and I don't blame her husband for not trusting her going into the future. Perhaps if you're up for it a second chapter from Melissa's point of view going forward in time? Thanks 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A Follow Up?

This is really a set up for a part two or follow-up story. It's honestly imagined and well written. I believe both main characters. You've set the stage, however, for a bigger story as Melissa tries to win her family back. You've also set up Howard's need for more help with the children as their second mommy devotes more time to her husband on his return.

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaover 5 years ago
Leave it as a standalone

No sequel needed. She found what she was looking for. Alone time.

She thought a big dick was the answer. Then is stupid enough to say No foreplay!

I'd bet if he'd spent 15 minutes down there and she would not be looking to come home. This entire story could have been avoided if good old dependable hubby had bought a dildo and given the gal an orgasm.

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
Wow!

Boy that was a kick in the Cheating Sluts Ass!....and No there was no Super Bowl Half Time Entertainment...Well I wouldn't have mind some of those Cheerleaders " YUM "... Where was I?..Oh Yeah!....She can good as say that their Marriage was a Thing You See In A Rear Vision Mirror....It's Gone Past...I Really Enjoyed the Story...5 Stars...★★★★★ WOOF!

C_frommnC_frommnover 5 years ago
I Agree

with the others No finish makes it a weak story. if she really wants to be back she would do all she can to "suck up" to her Hubby & Kids. and get some psychiatric help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Kinda like a shaggy dog story

A lot of set-up just to get to the punchline. Problem is, set-up wasn't worth it.

3 stars. You've done better.

BogartsBossBogartsBossover 5 years ago
Another "Loving Wife" story

It seems this genre has become a repository of marriages gone bad.

As a story this is well written, but the finale is just more of the same.

3*

0zed0zedover 5 years ago
Finish The Damn Story!

Great start, now finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Another 'writer' who refuses to FINISH THE DAMN STORY! 1*

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 5 years ago
Very good.

Midlife crisis is a fact.

Luckily not all get it,

but for those who do, it can be tough.

I've been there, I know.

Though it doesn't have to happen

in a marriage, I would think

that is more likely to happen there.

And certainly more visible.

Kudos to Skippy47 for putting focus

on the subject.

For me, a very worthy subject

in LW catagory.

I do not send kudos to those

who want this story finished.

My reasons are:

1. An unfinished ("unfinished") story

is often just as effective as a finished one.

Sometimes more effective!

2. When is a story finished?

3. With an unfinished story

the writer can not only put the outcome

in the hands of the reader

but also spotlight the issue he's focusing on.

That is something an author has a right to do!

After all, it's his story.

Not the reader's!

For me, this is one more great story

from the talented Skippy47.

He's steadily moving up

on the list of my favorite writers.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Moew please

Great start...please continue

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

great story the dumb bitch git what she deserved and he was smart enough to get rid of the dummy no taking them back after a stunt like that

StormKing33StormKing33over 5 years ago
5* Short Intense Enjoyable

Let the dumb cheating bitch back in provided she signs a post-nuptual that is 90-10 in favor of the husband. I recommend a follow up story.

pugetmanpugetmanover 5 years ago
No woman would...

...tell a guy to ‘...just fuck me...’ so a guy with the biggest dick she has ever had just slams it into her before she’s lubricated. Seriously, no woman, even a really stupid one (and Melissa is clearly pretty stupid) would do that. Women generally know how their bodies work.

Sorry, but that’s just not believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

It’s really a separation legal or not and most of the time the one who wants it is usually needs it as an excuse to cheat but not really cheat . A friend that worked for a big corporation fucked two different married woman that claimed to be legally separated. He would fuck them and said they would try anything to please so he got them to try any vile sexual thing he wanted. The ones hubby was pissed and wanted info and she didn’t know for three months a PI was following her. Her hubby sent videos and pictures of her getting fucked to every number email or social media account he knew of that they knew. He even attacked the guy I knew in the parking lot of the company. Kicked his ass a little but he told him he thought being leagally separate and living on her own she was gonna get divorced. He said someone is sending pics and videos of her getting it up her ass, rimming you, and getting does by you and a black guy. Her family and friends are all seeing that. Every day he said he was getting a different thing to his email. The husband filed for divorce sent lawsuits papers to the guy I knew and the company they worked for even though it didn’t go anywhere he wanted it known . She really destroyed herself for a little cock and thought she was slick going for a 6 month legal separation. Even her brothers and parents don’t really bother with her and her kids kinda distant to her.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
HTF can this be anything but a fives? Good job skippy

A little different,

Too bad they couldn't reconcile, but it would be really tough to trust or admire her again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Unlikely

This is a bit of a strange story that is rather shallow. A good writer would have a much better developed story with this scenario. Good but not really very compelling or exciting.

T.T.

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
This story

Desperately needs and ending with closure. Too much is left up in the air. Read all your stories and like them all, but this one leaves me scratching my head.

kiteareskitearesalmost 5 years ago
A few bits of crap in there

But overall not a bad tale of a couple not talking about issues, not knowing how to talk about issues and seemingly one hitting a depression or mid life crisis. But through all of that the very least you do is keep your knickers on or don't shout at your partner for doing the same as you.

Mixed about whether a follow is needed, it could be left at them divorcing and who know's what the future holds....but as it's the sequel that bought me here I suppose it deserves a look.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Howard is a fucking asshole

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Much Ado About Nothing

If you plan on being married for 30, 40, 50 years you're going to go through a lot of different phases. Some phases you go through together, some separately. I'm someone that needs lots and lots of space.

When I had my business I would travel with my wife 2 or 3 weeks during the summer and then I would encourage her to travel with her friend(s) for another 2 to 3 weeks during the summer because she didn't work, even after our son came. Because when she was gone that was vacation for me too. I love my wife and my son more than anything, but when I used to work 50-60 hours a week, make a thousand decisions a day at work, then come home I would spend a lot of energy talking and hanging out with the two of them. I wasn't one of those husbands/fathers that just sat in front of the TV after work and vegged. I would spend hours playing games with my son, hanging out and talking with my wife. Having two or three weeks in a year where I could literally come home and stare at the walls if I wanted to, and not have to do anything, not having to interact with anyone was mental vacation for me.

I would also play poker once a week, and sometimes just fly to Vegas by myself for a weekend to play poker all weekend long. Again, mental vacation.

There are times in life that you need to find yourself again, and to do that you need some time alone. The husband here doesn't need to be a whiny little baby with "what about us". A healthy marriage allows both partners some latitude with self discovery and self time, and sometimes that may mean a few weeks alone once or twice in a married life.

She had a failed tryst and he cuddled with another man's wife all night long. I don't know which one is worst honestly, but if anything they're even. Though the man working overseas may not feel that his scales are balanced though. But maybe he's getting his needs met elsewhere himself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Bravo for the husband

He is 100% correct in his attitude. But please finish the story without wimping him out.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
I never really understood the wife's motivation

However, if her time alone was as long as it seemed after the fact, then the progression seems more realistic. She never really seemed to want to return to her marriage emotionally, so I'm guessing she needs psychiatric help. I wish them well, but I would not wish to be in his shoes.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Her priorities listed twice exactly backwards husband then children and last work

Work to live Not live to work

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Well played...

Not sure of the time wife spent away from her family. Husband was exactly right in his response. I would have tried to get pictures of the whore in her motel room. Hubby will find a REAL wife and step- mother for HIS kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You don't write badly... But you don't do your research... Like many other writers you nust go with what you've heard or assume to be true... Ive seen this trend in most of your stories... A restraining order is difficult to get... Almost impossible without proof of an ongoing threat against person... And he had no legal right to meep her from her home... A home which she is part owner of... Several little things like this ruin your stories... You take shortcuts instead of working to come up with plausible plot devices...

As to the story... The woman was obviously going through a severe midlife crisis... People like this need help... Not to be alienated and replaced... Your husband isn't in the least a sympathic character... I have a problem with people that try to brainwash their children into transfering their parental affections to someone other than their actual parents...

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

A Nice Story but He should have gotten the Divorce when she left Him .. Actually She left the whole family . Protect those Kids .. And in California R.O.'s are easy to get . I got One against My Ex-Wife and Daughter after She{ the Daughter } testified against Me in Court .

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

Interesting, when she mentions her objectives she starts with her job first then the kids then her husband. I think she needs to get her priorities straight.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I somehow doubt she will ever be whole again. An adult, a parent and a spouse needs to know their own heart and their priorities. Marriage and parenthood often consists of finding joy in the ordinary things and it seems she was still looking for the games of her youth. Maybe she will grow up, but there will be a lot of pain in the process.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, I know there is a part 2 but I would like to comment before I read the next chapter. As the author had written she tried to be intimate but decided that it was not the problem. She was trying to find herself and did in most ways: her job improved (although we were not told that her supervisor liked what happened; she decided that her husband was the one for her after her aborted sex tryst; and she needed to get back into her kid's lives to learn more about them. That she found herself was the whole key. That her husband was probably overthinking the whole thing that he let his neighbor stay overnight even though she was married. There is a point where the BTB folks want to have her publicly whipped and pilloried but she did not go there. There is a point where the woman, or man, goes too far and needs the BTB ending, but, to me, she did not reach that ending. He could have taken her back with a set of rules but he wanted to end the whole thing even trying to sound logical about it. Maybe I am a softy but she should get a second chance, and so should he.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

We all have ups and downs what the hell is wrong with these women ?????

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked, and echo, the point by "whateverittakes" below.

Priorities

1. Job

2. Kids

3 Husband

She innocently laid these out in that order.

A husband would not miss being put in third place, especially one as hypersensitized as he'd become.

Did she royally fuck up? Absolutely.

HER FIRST move should have been to 1) talk with her husband and 2) get into therapy. If she's lost her way she ought to have some sense, obviously lacking here, to get help to find a better road. Instead she hit the road and no real thought as to the consequences of her actions.

She's somewhat childish in her thinking that only the moment is important. Tomorrow will take care of itself and everything will turn out fine and no one is going to get hurt...

She's just found out she moved herself 75%+ out of her marriage and 50% out of her kids lives. People can't take that kind of loss without grieving and then looking for a place that feels better and doesn't hurt.

Now she comes back and the hurt comes with her..

Time for part 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wild oats should be sown prior to marriage and family. She has her life bas-ackwards. She moved out of her marriage thinking that there would be a void (vacuum) in the remaining family, nope, don't work that way. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sex with her husband had become boring because SHE wasn’t passionate anymore!

Women who “need to find themselves” should be put down like rabid dogs!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

bad ending!!!!

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

Mmmmmm looking at it differently in this,

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Had promise and then fell off the cliff in part 2.

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

Brilliant insight. Incredibly well written story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

Wow. Well written. But surprisingly Not Over the Top like everything else on these websites. A dose of reality- are you sure that's allowed on this site?...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories