All Comments on 'Fishing with My Daughter Pt. 02'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago
Wonderful

It's hard to know which part is better, so I gave a 5 to both!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago

Hmmm. Fishing with my daughter and David? Fishing with my wife? I know, I know - write your own damn stories!

Once again, that was a treat to read and left me smiling. Many thanks.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
Just_Words...

...but they always seem to be exceptional words. Thanks. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

This was very uplifting. Nicely done.

*****

Davidj001Davidj001over 4 years ago
Good story

I liked it, both parts. You made choke up a little bit.

SelqSelqover 4 years ago

Very enjoyable and heartfelt story. Thank you for writing. Five easy stars.

sweetljvsweetljvover 4 years ago
Thank you

I loved this story so much. It was very uplifting.😁😉

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 4 years ago
Great way to start the year

Having a grown daughter I fully appreciate the situation and loved the story. Happy New Year everyone

BillandKateBillandKateover 4 years ago
Happy New Year

Thanks for this nice story to start the new year.

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
Nice sweet story,

Never had a daughter, I wish that we had. Not our choice, but do have a wonderful son.

The words in these two chapters have send me on a new years day reminiscing about a superb past.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"Sweetie, your mom and I had a job to do. We had to get you to this point in your life where you can make your own decisions. We love you and we only want the best for you."

So why are you abandoning her to her own indecision and uncertainty? Fucking a man before he makes a substantive commitment to her is denigrating and stupid. "Dear, if you're just interested in sex then fuck whoever you want. If you want to demonstrate what kind of woman you are, what you value and demand from a man, then act accordingly. You want to be the cow the man gets milk from for free, that's your decision. But don't expect any man to value you more than you value yourself."

Sometimes children need to be told the truth. Uh, maybe most of the time?

Your "father" is weak, and trying to dodge difficult questions. Hope her mother has more substance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Romeo??

Hamlet was the guy contemplating suicide, not Romeo.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Even more sweet

Goodness keeps going on and on

Again, well done

Waiting for the shoe to drop...

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago
Good Read****

Your stories are so entertaining without all the silent noise! Thanks for sharing.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Loved it! Another 25 stars.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

These stories are your strength as a writer.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Loved the story.

Reminded me of my taking my girlfriend for a trip from Vancouver, BC, to California back in 1965! When mentioning it to her mother, her mother simply asked her if she could trust herself!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

😓💘💓

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I’ve always said raising 3 boys my job was to get them to the 20 or so year old with one good eye and 7 or more fingers. Now they have kids in high school and last night the team two of them qualified for the state championship football game ( their dad has 2 state championship rings )

Now that alone doesn’t mean they are good men. But it’s a start

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories