All Comments on 'Fixing the Past Ch. 01'

by Tomh1966

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
MightyheartMightyheart12 months ago

Nice twist in the tail.

Look forward to the next part

5/5

Yessir1234Yessir123412 months ago

Decent story so far. I need to find a guy like Patrick that can send me back in time. First order of business? Invest into bitcoin.

silentsoundsilentsound12 months ago

Well you tell an entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Thank god that ended, why is it chapter 1 though? Long winded, boring bullshit!

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack12 months ago

Soooo… It’s a Wonderful Wife?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I'm usually not big on magical fantasy stuff, but I liked this one.

lovemesomephillylovemesomephilly12 months ago

Huh. This seems pretty much wrapped up. Wonder what chapter 2 will bring...

JH4FunJH4Fun12 months ago
Good Read ⭐⭐⭐

Funny I have to agree with NTH it is the LW version of “It’s a Wonderful Life.”

However, having said that I did give it a Good Read ⭐⭐⭐ rating. I liked the way you have put it together and are blending the parts together. I enjoyed Chapter 01 and am looking forward to reading the other products you create in this series.

I may be a new fan of your tales/stories. I am going to look into the other products you have previously published to sample and see if I enjoy consuming them as well as I did this one.

Thank you for taking time to publish this one.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ12 months ago

Very good. Looking forward to part two.

PorterrhPorterrh12 months ago

This is just dumb ….

mbh129mbh12912 months ago

Oh,to go back and do a "what if?" Great story. More soon?

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove12 months ago

“ You will not be allowed to divorce. They will destroy you and probably get you life in jail if you leave their gilded cage. They can ruin anyone or simply have them killed with no trace. You are too useful to lose. Your business sense is one in millions and by the time you are thirty, you will be on a dozen boards of directors."

And that is the problem I have, right there. Two problems actually.

1. If he is such a wunderkind why would they care—capitalists are most interested in money, so why not say: “So, you are telling me that these billionaires want to give up this genius they see in me because I can’t divorce? WTF? What do they think will happen to my business acumen if you let my wife do this? That is going to take a hit, don’t you think? Want to put me in charge of a $15 billion deal in that ongoing state?”

2. If they have that much influence, why not make the slime ball disappear and make it clear to the daughter that this is not ok… since upsetting the wunderkind is off the table?

It feels a bit Saddletramp like in structure… ?

This reminds me of another story here involving star-crossesd overs, conniving dad and older daughter, an African trinket, weird eye changes before going full Groundhog’s Day, trying to find a way to true love with the younger daughter. That story had an internal logic that I don’t think this story has. But I love the do-over, even if it was a bit quick…

Wavedave45Wavedave4512 months ago

Ahhh Patrick is God! Like Quantum Leap! This will never end and he will go on leaping from person to person. Putting right what once went wrong. Hoping each time that his next leap, will be his leap home. OOHHH BOOYY!

FD45FD4512 months ago

Why would billionaires care who he is married to?

I know a couple billionaires, not mentioning names, who got divorces

miket0422miket042212 months ago

Patrick sending him back to fix his mistake saved the story for me.

Up until that point it was running a weak 2 stars.

Fun ending, interested to see what happens in the next chapter

CptAmeripantsCptAmeripants12 months ago

You have to ask yourself as you're writing dialogue: "Do people really talk like this?"

Like you have to imagine the conversation and see if you could picture it actually happening. The conversation doesn't flow. It feels stilted and there's no "why" people are saying the things they are.

I like the concept of the story, but the conversation ruined the "read" for me.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

When you are in Ireland and talking to an Irishman, it IS NOT!!! a stereotypical Irish accent.. it IS!!! an Irish accent..a stereotypical Irish accent is Tommy Lee Jones, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Gérard Butler etc..

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Did you fall asleep but your fingers continued to move. This crap makes zero sense.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Odd!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Props for something a bit different!

.

That said, the “story” of how he got sucked into the maw of Brittany’s world didn’t make a lot of sense…even given LW “logic”. Especially the father in law’s uncanny ability to monitor his daughter’s orgasms minute to minute, and how Tom’s business acumen was SOOO fantastic that he would not be allowed to leave. But OK….still made for a reasonably entertaining story.

.

So at the end he gets a chance to fix his dilemma. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Does Allie turn out to be an even bigger monster than Brittany?

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Solid 4 stars! Keep it going.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

As 1 commenter said, if keeping the wunderkind was of such importance why not get rid of the slimenall and make it absolutely clear to Brittany that this kind of behavior was not going to be acceptable to anyone.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Ohhh, I love this story!! It has all of the right life triggers and the time travel is icing on the cake!!! Please tell us about Tom and Allie. Get them into the future timeline where they can ruin all of the people in the Cabal. Sweet revenge and retribution...deserved consequences. Ultimately the controllers pay the price owed to society....5 Stars!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great ending for chapter one. Looking forward to the adventure, perhaps the father will realize his mistake and take in the person he needs to survive in the business FORGET the cheater

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I concur with miket0422. The story was pretty bad until he got sent back. It was over a bit too quick after that, but since you indicated this was just the first chapter I can accept that.

I will admit a bit of apprehension as the Loving Wives aspect has apparently been rectified. As such, I'm a bit concerned about what you have planned for future chapters.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4u12 months ago

Good story and I loved the ending. Please continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A wee bit convoluted.

Will wait for the rest before deciding a vote

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Yayyy! There's a Walmart in Dublin! Booo! The rich guy went in there!

mainer42mainer4212 months ago

good original story.

LickideesplitLickideesplit12 months ago

More SciFi than LW. So Patrick is an Elf with time travel skill. Number of words about a cheating wife is irrelevant … What counts is what is totally critical to the story, and getting a second chance* is/will be way bigger!

* Not just a second chance, but one that has excellent proof of future success!

4*

brian_scoobybrian_scooby12 months ago

Nice… I liked this fun read! Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This is interesting!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Sorry, no. The moving finger writes, and having writ, moves on; nor all your piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line; nor all your tears wash out a word of it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Yes, more please.

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun12 months ago

Clever twist with a crafty bar tender. Great start. Thanks,

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Oh, alas! How we all wish we could undo a piece of our past! To undo a lifetime ? Priceless!!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Very interesting story! Well written and developed. Something out of the ordinary. Looking forward to payoff in part2.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler12 months ago

This was a shocking surprise and I'm looking forward to the next part. Thanks

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger12 months ago

Excellent, hope part 2 is as good,

njlaurennjlauren12 months ago

One quibbling point, in the story when Brittney first cheats you say Allie is dead..yet at beginning of story you say she died after 29 years.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A very weak 3*. Closer to 2 and a half. Hope it gets better in chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good developed story. Knew the bar tender was going to send him back to fix the mistake. Enjoyed story, thanks for writing 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

It will be interesting to see what you will do with chapter 2!

5

DeanofMeanDeanofMean11 months ago

wtf was this kids family the first time round no way he couldnt see he was being purchased interesting idea but damn

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

This reminds me so much of 2 other stories on here, just bits from both put together, good plot line but it just doesn’t work for me

RanDog025RanDog02511 months ago

Weird concept but I did like it. 5 BIG ONES!

nixroxnixrox11 months ago

1 star - Just another fairy tale fantasy - not my kind of story.

'Time travel' to reverse bad choices - to get a second chance - really!!!

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

That was odd to the utmost.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Isn't there a Science Fiction/Fantasy category? Just stupid and lame.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler7 months ago

This was an emotional rollercoaster that I almost put down on the second page. I’m glad I decided to finish it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So far, well done story. Interested to continue down your story path. 5* so far!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved the first 2 pages a great story well put together BUT The ending sux I do not believe in fairy tales (jaybee186)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTomh1966@Tomh1966
Note that I am rarely on Saturday and Sunday which can cause delays in... well anything to do with this site. Currently working on Fixing the past 5. Stuck majorly. Heartbreak and Hope 6, 7 8 and 9. 6 and 7 are 90 % done. 8 and 9 will move the story well into their year. ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES