For Honor And Glory

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She heard the head auctioneer start the 'show'. Rayna did her best to ignore him. She couldn't believe that she was feeling this way, but she drew some comfort in the pirate captain standing beside her. He was at least now a familiar face - perhaps not one that she trusted, but she at least knew what his intentions were. The world waiting for her on the other side of the screen was very much unknown.

She was also aware that any hope of comfort from the pirate would be misplaced. Rayna took deep breaths to ready herself, the line in front of her moving along both too slowly and too quickly. The young warrior heard the final woman in front of her get claimed - for nearly 300 gold pieces, and she knew it was her turn next. Barone shoved her in the back, sending her stumbling forward. He stayed behind her as she climbed up the ramp, and she was greeted with lustful cheers as the crowd took in the sight of her trim, athletic form.

Rayna kept her eyes averted from the crowd, but snuck glances for a sign of Ferik Atol. She grew a little nervous as she didn't immediately spot him.

"He's here," Barone said, almost imperceptibly as he stepped forward to stand between her and the auctioneer. Already, a large weight was lifted off her shoulders.

"Our final item of the night - a fearsome warrior, brought to us by none other than Captain Barone!" The auctioneer called. The crowd murmured amongst themselves. It seemed none of them knew who she was besides Atol. She risked looking up into the crowd, careful to make her eyes look helpless. She spotted Atol, sitting towards the back of the amphitheater, wearing the distinctive greens and yellows of his coat of arms. There was, naturally, a small retinue of men dressed in his colors next to him.

Rayna thought she might have been imagining it, but she thought she saw Atol lock eyes with her, a grin spreading across his face. Well, at least he seems interested, she thought to herself.

Barone was now at the podium, talking up her value. "Rayna is humbly brought before you. In her previous life she was the captain of the guard of what was your quaint little town's name?" He jokingly asked Rayna. "Litaria, yes, that sounds about right." Rayna hadn't said anything, she kept her gaze straight ahead, looking above the crowd.

"Well, it's a shame for that town to be left defenseless now, but! That's what they get for putting a woman in charge of their military." There were raucous cheers and whistles from the crowd. "But look at her. Young, gorgeous... feisty! Certainly someone out there wants to try and tame her!"

There were murmurs of assent. The auctioneer stepped in to handle the bidding. "Let's start at 75 gold, shall we?" A hand raised. It wasn't Atol's.

"I see 75, do I see 85? Good, good. How about 100?" Finally Atol raised his hand.

"Wonderful. 120? 130? 150?" There were multiple bidders, and her bid reached 250 gold quickly. There were still a few parties interested before Atol stood up.

"300." He stated confidently.

"325!" One of the other bidders raised his hand.

Atol's expression darkened. "500."

The crowd gasped. The other bidder turned around, wondering who he was bidding against. His face paled in recognition and he shook his head. The silence was deafening.

"And sold!" The auctioneer's voice broke the silence, but even then, there was an edge to it. Atol had a nasty reputation, and he wanted to keep things civil in his auction house.

The Ferik made his way to the front of the stage, never taking his eyes off Rayna. She had gotten used to the attention of the pirate crew, and had even come to terms with the crowd in the amphitheater ogling her in all her glory, but with someone she had seen on the battlefield, she felt very undressed.

She thought he was going to say something to her, but his words were addressed to Barone. "Bring her down to me and we'll take care of the payment. I'd like to make this quick."

Barone played his part and grinned. "Of course. I'm sure you're eager to get your hands on her." He tugged on the rope that bound Rayna's wrists. It was awkward with her hands behind her back, but Barone led her down from the stage. Already, the crowd had started to disperse. She shuffled along behind Barone, very aware of Atol standing just behind her. He didn't say anything, and that almost made it worse.

There were small stalls along the side of the arena, and the transaction for Rayna was completed. As Atol's money switched hands, Rayna's heart skipped a beat. Barone counted the money and handed her leash to the warlord. She felt him give a little stronger tug, pulling her slightly off balance.

Barone didn't make eye contact with her. He looked straight at the Ferik and offered his hand. "Pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Atol."

The older warlord grunted. He waved his hand dismissively at the pirate captain. A little awkwardly, Barone clapped his hands together and turned away. Patrice followed him and they disappeared into the crowd. Rayna knew she was now definitely on her own.

"Put her away," Atol said carelessly to his men. What happened next was almost too quick for Rayna to register. Her wrist binds were pulled back. She instinctively went to open her mouth in protest, and a thick rag was stuffed in her mouth. It tasted odd. Vaguely of wine, but stronger. The world went dark as a sack was placed over her head. Her ankles were grabbed by two men who lifted her easily into the air. She felt herself be carried along, hands around her ankles and under her armpits. She expected to feel herself placed in something to be carried in, but she felt herself get carried pretty far.

Rayna realized she must have been carried along just out in the open. No one would see her face, but anyone walking the street would see her body. She felt her face grow warm underneath the canvas of the sack. She heard Atol standing next to her, directing his men. She tried her best to listen, hoping that they would not be heading to the docks.

But the sounds of nightlife didn't get quieter, and she couldn't hear the subtle sounds of water on the shore. She closed her eyes in relief, it sounded like she would be staying in town for the night.

The men's footsteps sounded like they were now on stone, then she felt herself at an angle as she was brought up stairs. A door opened, and after a few steps she felt herself dumped on a mattress, her wrists pressing uncomfortably in the small of her back.

"Wait outside," Atol's voice was unmistakable now, and she heard footsteps recede and the door close. She couldn't see, but she was reasonably sure it was only her and Atol in the room.

The sack was ripped off her head. The room was lit surprisingly well, with lanterns hanging in the corners of the room. Atol was leaning over her, a twisted smile on his lips. "Well, well. Rayna of Litaria. I didn't imagine seeing you up for auction."

The young warrior didn't say anything.

"Ah, of course." Atol reached for her mouth and roughly pulled the rag out from her mouth, squeezing a few drops of liquid into her mouth.

All of a sudden, she was very conscious of the same feeling she had experienced the night before. Her face felt a little numb, and there was a warm feeling in her belly. Rayna couldn't afford to be weakened right now, so she willed herself to stay focused.

"Nothing? Pity. I was hoping you'd beg." His voice was surprisingly soft now.

He sat down on the bed next to her. Finally, he put his hand on her stomach, his fingers moving delicately over her bare skin. It tickled a bit. Atol was silent, studying her face, her reaction.

"What would be more demoralizing to your people? To see you tied to the front of my ships as we invade your pathetic home? Or to see you sitting at my feet as the survivors of your town are brought to serve in my court?"

Rayna had nothing to say. Atol didn't seem to be expecting an answer anyway. His lips split in a cunning smile. "I was rather hoping to defeat you in battle. I don't like that pirates did the dirty work for me."

"You're welcome to try," Rayna tried to make her voice sound steely, but her lips and tongue felt too big and numb for her mouth.

Atol smirked. "You don't hold your liquor very well." He held up the rag that had gagged her and waved it at her.

Rayna felt the strong alcohol flowing in her system now. "I'm fine."

The warlord shook his head. "Oh, no, you're not."

He chuckled and put his hand on her hip, rolling her over onto her side. She heard the unmistakable sound of a dagger being unsheathed. She braced herself. She was relieved when she felt the knife pass harmlessly between her wrists, cutting through the rope that tied her wrists together.

Rayna couldn't believe what luck she had. The young warrior thought she'd have to seduce the villainous warlord, but he seemed to barely register her as a threat at the moment. She didn't bother trying to regain any feeling in her hands. She shot out blindly with her hand, grabbing for Atol's wrist. She spun neatly around on the bed, the perfumed oil on her skin helping her move easily on the bedding. Rayna now faced Atol, his hand gripped tightly in her wrist.

She had trouble focusing, her vision swam and Atol seemed to be moving from side to side. She twisted her grip on Atol's hand, then used her other hand to jam the man's fingers against the dagger's hilt.

"You -!" Atol started to protest. He never got to finish. In one swift move Rayna snatched the knife, turned it around, and drove it between Atol's ribs. The man's self-assuredness was replaced with confusion. Rayna knew when a blow hit home. She pulled the knife out, slashed it against the rope holding her ankles in a loose bind, and stood up shakily. Atol's cloak was on the floor next to him, and she threw it on - she would draw too much attention if she ran nude through the streets. There was a small window in the corner of the room, and she climbed out it, dropping lightly to the ground, turning her roll into a run and she headed towards the water.

She ran along the shore, looking desperately for the small skiff once she was along the shore. There were a few confused looks from passersby as she ran, but no one in pursuit. Wildly, she looked around for any sign of the pirates. Footsteps approached on the shale beach. She wheeled around, dagger in her hand, ready to either throw the weapon or stab.

"Woah!" It was Nils. "It's us, Rayna."

She breathed a sigh of relief. His arm was around her, guiding her towards the small skiff. Her knees felt weak - the adrenaline had left her, and the alcohol from the gag faced no opposition in her body. Her knees turned to jelly and she leaned against Nils. She vaguely processed setting foot in the skiff, curling up in a ball on the floor.

The rhythmic rowing was the only sound she heard now, as she was taken further and further away from Verdona. It wasn't much longer before the skiff bumped against the pirate's ship and she was helped aboard.

Barone brought her her clothes and belt he had taken from her what felt like ages ago but had only been the day before. Relieved, she got dressed, comforted by feeling the familiar hilt of her sword at her waist. Some of the crew looked like they wanted to talk to her, but she shook her head, heading to the back of the ship and curling up. She couldn't fall asleep, but she closed her eyes, a smile on her face.

~THE END~