All Comments on 'For Liam, With Love Pt. 01'

by kwchancellor

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This is good, but...

it's contributing to the misconception that testosterone is an effective birth control. It's really not. Even guys on it for years can get pregnant. I realise that this is an erotic story, so facts aren't at the forefront, but you did ask for feedback from trans guys in a note on your previous story.

Also, the idea that a trans man would date a guy with the attitude this gay dude initially has to his junk was really grating. Cis guys that date us have to do the work.

I think you have good intentions, and am glad you want to represent us, so please keep researching and keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Couple notes

Unlike the other anon I disagree about there being a problem with him not preferring that genitalia. I'm a trans man myself and I fully understand that people have preferences. Personally, I wouldn't be offended if someone I were with didn't like that aspect of my genitalia. I can barely tolerate having that atatched to me. In my personal alone times, I sometimes find it not just very uncomfortable but also disgusting to think about. I couldn't blame someone for also not liking it.

I do agree that testosterone is NOT birth control. It can make it more difficult to conceive, but if you are a naturally more fertile person that won't make much difference. It does stop that monthly blood thing, but it doesn't necessarily stop the whole fertility thing in the middle of the cycle. That being said, I don't know if the individual in this story used hormone blockers through puberty. I don't know the exact effect on fertility (it never applied to me, so I didn't do any real research on it) but it's quite possible that going from blockers to T might lower the chances on getting pregnant, because there would be fewer hormones in the system, and there would be less development of that stuff to begin with (Do not take that as fact. That is speculation and potentially very false. Please use protection). Regardless, hormone replacements and blockers are not the most effective form of birth control. It's better to use an outside form of birth control, particularly condoms or even progesterone shots.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
And he got preggers

:( t is not birth control

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkwchancellor@kwchancellor
Being a red head, I almost always write about ginger characters. I'm also a sci-fi and horror geek, spent some time on the means streets, and I always use personal experiences to inform my stories.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES