All Comments on 'For The Future'

by DanDraper

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFover 1 year ago

Interesting to consider the idea that all volunteers are causing the deaths of their subjects.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Most stories do not get me to comment. But this was well written and made me cry at the end. Well done

DanDraperDanDraperover 1 year agoAuthor

@Alberto_MBF I was suggesting this was the cause of only Dean's death, not all the others. But it could be possible that this is the cause of a few other deaths. If that's the case, that's how history of their deaths are supposed to play out to avoid a paradox.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Usually scifi stories like this involves women kidnapping men and make them willing sex slaves. So, this was an interesting take on what needs to be done to save humanity in the future. Good twist with Dean's death, and I liked how Eve at least tried to make up for his death because of her guilt.

5-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good time-travel story and I liked the ending. I liked that you explained the reasons for their missions and how they're done, but you spent too much time talking about the ethics of they had to go through. I can see why you wrote about it, but some details are unnecessary.

5 stars.

MrtoufMrtoufabout 1 year ago

I think that with the way technology is a part of our lives, it would almost be too easy for time travellers from the future to get what they need from these men who have less than a day left to live. It wouldn't even matter if slang terms had changed significantly over a hundred years because a time agent could familiarise themselves in advance like an actor learning a script.

I wonder if we would ever realise that these women popping into our time are not who they seem to be. Imagine if one of the men on the list doesn't die on time because of the butterfly effect, and he goes to look up his partner on social media but she doesn't exist.

Anyway, love the story. In a way, Dean becomes part of the future even though he's gone, thanks to his 'donation.'

dasgoodshitdasgoodshit7 months ago

absolutely loved loved LOVED the premise

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanus5 months ago

A great imaginative well written story! Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous