Forever

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As a tear rolled down his cheek, he finished, "My contract is up this year and there has been a lot of speculation about who I will sign a new deal with. The answer to that question is; no one."

The stunned crowd started murmuring.

"I never wanted to be rich and famous. I just wanted to play guitar. Being famous has destroyed my life. So now I will destroy my fame. Goodnight."

He walked off of the stage and out of the building.

***********

"Kelsey, it's coming on," Trisha called out.

Her mom and John's parents and grandparents were watching the Grammy's together. John didn't win the first award he was nominated for, but he had one more shot. They were glued to the TV on the edge of their seats, and when John's stage name was called they all cheered.

Kelsey cried during John's speech. When it was over, they were all sitting in stunned silence.

John's grandfather spoke first. "Well God Damn. I didn't see that coming."

Trisha looked at Kelsey and asked, "What are you going to do now?"

"I have no idea, Mom."

***********

Kelsey spent the next month dodging press phone calls for comment on John's stunning announcement. She was torn between desperately wanting him to call her and wanting to hide.

She struggled every day with trying to cope with the attention John brought down on her again.

John played the last show of his tour at the arena near his home town. David, his manager got a phone call from an unexpected number.

"Hello, Mrs. Checzyk, do you need tickets?"

"I need a favor, David. A big one."

***********

John walked to the microphone to introduce the last song of the night. As he always did, he dedicated it to Kelsey.

"This last song is so special to me. It was written for the love of my life and my son. Wherever you are Kelsey, I will love you forever.

He played the intro chords and started singing the verse. The crowd sang every word along with him, to his delight. His voice cracked during the bridge right before his guitar solo, because of the emotions going through him.

Would that be the last time he ever performed? Would he be able to win Kelsey back? Would his notoriety fade away enough to live a normal life in peace?

He played his melodic solo, as the last note rang out, he threw his head back closed his eyes and raised his right hand, holding the note for longer than ever before. The band knew to watch for his signal to break into the outro chorus and they held.

All of a sudden the video feed showed a woman walking onto the stage and the crowd erupted. As she approached him, Kelsey stopped and called out, "John?"

He put his arm down and the band broke into the reprise.

The crowd sang the words as John finally saw Kelsey. 12,000 people serenaded them as they hugged and kissed and cried.

As the band finished the song, John walked off stage with Kelsey.

"Can we live happily ever after, Kelsey?"

"We're gonna try if it takes us forever, my love."

***********

10 years later John was in a recording studio finishing a solo. He was doing what he always wanted to do, he was a studio guitar player.

That session was special. It was for an up and coming Pop singer that had some success already, with a harder edge than John had.

He looked at the producer and spoke into the microphone. "It's not bad. I'm getting smoother with it. Let's try another and compare the two."

"Alright. Go when you're ready."

John played the solo again. As he was playing he saw Jeremy walk into the booth. He smiled and finished what he was playing.

"That's great, John. You nailed it."

"I agree let's hear that one back."

He got up, placed his MTG custom guitar on the stand, and walked into the booth.

"Jeremy, how are you?" He asked giving his brother-in-law a hug.

"Great, John. I'm doing great. I'm exhausted though."

"Ha, no shit? I warned you."

"I know, I know. Is Kelsey coming to dinner?"

"Yeah. It's all set. She's bringing the boys so be on your best behavior."

"Of course. I miss my nephews. This rock star shit ain't all it's cracked up to be sometimes."

"Yeah," John said, "but you don't seem to mind the fringe benefits."

"Hey man, I'm single. It's not my fault you were celibate on the road. My sister was a lucky woman."

"I was the lucky man, Jeremy."

"Let's go, brother. By the way, Andrea said to say hi."

"Oh yeah? How's she doing?"

"Good I guess. I'll tell you though, she's a hell of a fuck."

"Yeah, I figured she would be. I still don't regret it though. I don't ever regret being faithful to your sister. She was always my love."

"Yeah, yeah, we know the story. She will be, forever. Let's go eat."