Forgotten Lunches Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Linda smiled, "He's starting to like you. I personally think you're good for her Lucas. I haven't seen her smile this easily in some time. I don't know what she's told you about her last boyfriend but -"

"I know enough to know that it wasn't a healthy relationship," Lucas said softly. "Believe me when I say this, but I have no intentions of ever hurting her."

Linda stared into his eyes as she looked up at him, "I believe you Lucas." She turned as the coffeemaker sputtered, indicating that it was done. "Perfect timing," Linda said as she pulled out four coffee mugs from the cupboard. "Help yourself dear. There's half and half in the fridge and sugar is right there." She turned to walk away and stopped as she saw Aubrey standing in the doorway. She leaned close and whispered to Aubrey, "I think you found yourself a keeper sweety."

Aubrey smiled, "Thank you mom."

***

Lucas stood next to Thomas at the base of a stump where a pile of logs sat. He looked at the diminutive ax that the older man had given him and grimaced. "Sir, no offense as I'm sure you could kick my ass six ways to Sunday, but even I doubt you use this to chop your lumber."

Thomas eyed him and laughed, "You're right." He walked behind the pile of logs and pulled out an appropriate ax. "I'll set them, you chop them. Got it?"

"Yes sir."

"Sure you can keep up son?"

"I'll do my best," Lucas said confidently. He looked over and saw Linda and Aubrey standing on the back porch, each woman holding a mug of coffee in their hands. He couldn't take his eyes off of Aubrey as she stood there wearing a pair of faded blue jeans that were so tight they looked like they were painted on, a pair of boots that went up her legs and stopped just short of her knees and a red flannel shirt. Her bright purple hair flitted in the light breeze as she watched. Lucas heard a log being placed on the stump and he eyed it. He noticed a slight crack in the wood and turned slightly. He grabbed the ax, stood in the appropriate stance and measured his swing. In one fluid motion he swung the ax above his head as the hand that was near the head slid down the handle where it met his other hand and pulled the ax in a downward swing. The forceful strike impacted the log with a loud crack and the axehead entered it, splitting it instantly and sent the two pieces flying.

"Well, that was impressive," Thomas said as he grabbed another log and set it in place. He watched as Lucas once again took a swing and split the log efficiently and cleanly.

"So what do you think dad?" Aubrey asked from the porch.

As he placed another log on the stump he answered his daughter, "I think he's got a good swing."

Lucas continued to swing the ax until they had gone through enough wood for the fire for the next couple of days. His breathing came in labored pants but he never complained and had even begun to banter with the older man.

"Alright son, that's enough for today," Thomas said as he patted Lucas' back. "Come on inside and let's get some breakfast in ya." He led Lucas inside the house through the back door and into the living room. Go on and get some rest. Linda and I'll have breakfast ready soon and then we'll open presents."

"Sounds good sir," Lucas said as his breathing had begun to return to normal. He took a seat on the couch and smiled at Aubrey as she sat down next to him. He felt her head resting on his shoulder and he smiled warmly. "I think now is a good time, while your parents are in the kitchen."

Aubrey raised her head, "What do you mean?"

"Under the tree, there's a small package for you from me. I want you to open it."

Aubrey looked at Lucas questioningly as she got up and walked to the Christmas tree that stood in the corner of the living room. She looked through the small pile of gifts and found a box that was neatly wrapped that easily fit in the palm of her hand. She held it up and saw Lucas nod in approval. She smiled and quickly ran to the duffel bag that sat on the floor next to the front door and rummaged through it and pulled out a box of her own. She handed it to Lucas, "My wrapping may not be as neat as yours, but this is for you."

"Thank you Kitten. Who goes first?"

"You, please," Aubrey said as her face turned serious. The smile disappeared as she looked into Lucas' eyes. "It's something very important to me and I want you to have it."

Lucas sat up as he looked at the thin box. He looked at Aubrey and saw how serious she was, "Alright." He carefully unwrapped the box and opened it. Inside it sat a thin pink collar with a silver stylized kitten face on it. His hands began to shake as he looked at it, instantly understanding its meaning. He felt tears welling up in his eyes, the first time he'd ever felt his guard truly falling in front of her. "Aubrey, I ... I don't know what to say."

"I'm hoping yes. Lucas I love you and I know you are the perfect man for me. Please accept my submission and allow me to be your little. I wish to make you happy, to be yours forever," Aubrey said as she smiled softly.

Lucas smiled and nodded, "I accept." He slid down onto the floor and pulled Aubrey into his arms tightly. "I promise to always protect you and cherish you as not only myself, but as your Daddy."

"I know you will," Aubrey said as she felt several tears of joy fall down her cheek. She watched as Lucas leaned in close and thought he was going to kiss her, but instead she felt his breath on her ear and heard him growl softly. A shiver ran through her body, shaking her involuntarily and an electric shock shot straight down to her nether region. "Oh fuck ... Daddy."

Lucas pulled back slightly with a grin on his face, "Your turn, please."

Aubrey regained her composure before she quickly tore open the wrapping. Her small hands opened the box and found a freshly cut key inside. She gasped as she brought her hand to her mouth. "Lucas, is this ...?"

"I want you to move in with me. You've been saying how the lease is coming up at your apartment and you weren't sure if you wanted to stay. I'm hoping that meant you wanted to be with me."

Aubrey threw her arms around Lucas' neck and held him tightly, "Yes, yes fuck yes!"

Lucas held her tightly, "I love you Aubrey."

"I love you too Lucas, so much!" Aubrey pulled back slightly so she could kiss him, her lips pressed tightly to his as her hands clawed at the back of his head.

Lucas kissed her back just as passionately as he held her tightly. Eventually he pulled away, breathless as he stared into big brown eyes. "Come on, we should probably go make ourselves known in the kitchen before they wonder what's going on.

Aubrey wiped her eyes and nodded. She breathed in heavily to calm herself as she stood up, holding on to Lucas to steady herself. Together they walked into the kitchen and were greeted to the smells of bacon and eggs cooking as well as toast.

"Almost ready you two," Thomas said with a warm smile.

"Do you mind if I grab another cup of coffee?" Lucas asked.

"Help yourself," Linda said happily.

Thomas began plating the breakfast food and brought the platters to the dining table while Linda brought out a stack of plates and silverware. Everyone sat at the table and ate a hearty breakfast and enjoyed some free flowing conversation. After everyone had had their fill they all went into the living room and Thomas handed out the presents to everyone, including some to a shocked Lucas who wasn't expecting anything.

All the gifts were unwrapped and smiles were aplenty as everyone enjoyed what they received. Aubrey and Lucas had brought gifts to give each other that were more appropriately shared in front of everyone. After Linda collected the torn wrapping paper and set it aside, Thomas got up and stood in front of the tree.

"Lucas, it appears there is one more gift here," he said as he reached up and grabbed a small present that was hidden on one of the top branches. He plucked it from the needles and handed it to Lucas with a smile and a wink. "I think you know what to do with this."

Lucas took the small present that was nothing more than a small black leather covered box and breathed in deeply. He eyed it carefully and then looked at Aubrey who sat there on the couch, not understanding what was happening. Lucas stood up and took Thomas' hand in his, shaking it firmly, "Thank you sir, for this great honor."

As he turned to face Aubrey, Lucas got down on one knee and stared at Aubrey. He took one more breath and then spoke in a soft tone, "Aubrey Sullivan, you came into my life by sheer accident, but from that I gained a friend. One who over several months became my best friend and more than just a lover. You have given me strength, a purpose in life, one that I didn't know I needed until I met you. You have given me a happiness that I thought I had forever lost. You have given me a reason to love again. Aubrey Sullivan, will you marry me?"

Aubrey sat there, her hands to her face as tears freely flowed down her cheeks. She barely felt her mother's hands on her shoulders as she began to sob. She opened her mouth to speak but words simply failed to form so she nodded emphatically as she held her hand out. She watched as Lucas slipped the ring onto her finger and realized it was her grandmother's ring which caused her to cry even more. As she slid off of the couch she threw her arms around Lucas and just held on to him as she buried her face in his neck.

Thomas looked at Linda who was also crying and patted Lucas on the shoulder. "Welcome to the family, son."

"Thomas Sullivan, how on earth did you ... You knew of this?" Linda said at the realization of what had fully transpired.

Lucas pulled back slightly, "If I may explain?"

Linda smirked at Lucas, "Oh somebody better!"

"You see, I've been thinking about asking your daughter to marry me for awhile now but I was not about to do it without her father's blessing. We've actually been talking a while now in secret and I knew that we were spending the night here. Undoubtedly Thomas wouldn't give his approval until he saw us together in person which I understood and so I gave him the final decision."

Thomas smiled warmly, "That's why I got up and got the box. Only I knew where it was. It was when Lucas told me I had the final say that I knew he was a good man."

Aubrey had been listening and pulled back, "You knew the whole time this was going to happen? You're such an asshole! But I still love you dad."

Thomas laughed, "Hey this old fart may be harsh, but I know real love when I see it."

As she wrapped her arms around Thomas, Linda looked up at him and smiled. "I can't believe you were able to keep this a secret from even myself."

"This old dog still has some tricks up his sleeve," Thomas said with a chuckle.

Linda walked over to Aubrey and kissed her on the cheek, "Congrats honey, he is indeed a very good man." She turned to look at Lucas, "And welcome to the family, son."

Lucas smiled at her warmly, "Thank you ma'am."

"Buh, buh! Mom. No more 'ma'am' or 'Linda' crap, you can call me 'mom' from here on out you hear me?"

"Yes ma-, uh, mom," Lucas said with a smile.

Linda smiled at them and then turned to Thomas and pulled him into the kitchen. "Come on you old dog, let's let them have some time together. Besides, the dishes aren't going to do themselves."

Aubrey held onto Lucas tightly and waited until her parents were out of the room before she smiled and looked up at Lucas. "I love you, Daddy."

"I love you too Kitten."

"Mrs. Aubrey Sheldon, hmm, I can get used to that," she said softly. "You know what else I can get used to?"

"What's that?" Lucas asked, eyeing her curiously.

"Being Daddy's little kitten."

Lucas leaned down and kissed her on the forehead, "I can definitely get used to that my sweet little one. You know, I do have a spare bedroom that's strictly used for storage, I think we may need to give it a makeover and turn it into your little space."

"Are you serious?"

"Very," Lucas said with a smile.

"You're the best Daddy ever!"

***

Lucas and Aubrey shared a fantastic dinner later that day with Thomas and Linda. Everyone sat together and spoke as a family as they laughed and shared stories of their past. Eventually the time came for Lucas and Aubrey to drive back to his place so they could get a good night's sleep as they both needed to be at work first thing in the morning.

As Lucas stood on the porch, he watched Aubrey embrace her parents, saying their goodbyes. After she stepped away Lucas was hugged by Linda and then Thomas who once again welcomed him into their family.

"You drive safe now, there's two people in that car that we care about now," Thomas said with a smile.

"Will do," Lucas said with a smile. He took Aubrey's hand and led her to the car which was covered in snow. After making sure she was inside he started the car and grabbed the brush he kept in the back seat and cleaned the windows. Several minutes later he got in and tossed the brush into the back seat, placing his hands over the vents that spewed nice warm air. He looked at Aubrey and smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too, Daddy," Aubrey said with a warm smile and a wink.