From What I've Tasted of Desire Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Would you like some tea," he inquires, breaking the silence, his fingers raking nervously through his hair.

It's such a ridiculous thing to ask, given their history. So formal. "You don't often take visitors, do you?"

He huffs out an embarrassed laugh, blushing as he searches for relief in the rug. "Is it so obvious?"

She doesn't answer, allowing him to come to his own conclusion. She likes this, making him be the one to feel unsure for once.

Clearing his throat, he takes a step closer. Though still too far. "Hester and I are not the most popular couple in London."

She feigns shock at the reveal. "I can't imagine why. You're both so... normal."

His dark brows raise with humor. He's obviously starting to enjoy this game, beginning to saunter forward slowly. "Very much so."

His eyes narrow as they sweep up and down her body in a way that makes her feel as if she's standing bare before him. And knowing that he's seen and touched parts of her that only his wife has before, makes her shiver at the memory of their touches.

"We, like any well-bred couple, share many similarities." While his eyes continue to undress her, his body language becomes more confident - in control - and she, a quivering mess. "Riding, hunting, a certain frustrating little governess."

Her chest heaves at the lack of air, her skin feeling too hot and needy after all these months without them. She needs to regain the upper hand here.

"Stop," she commands, voice shaky but sure. And he does so immediately, at first confused before embarrassed, believing he's read her wrong, even taking a step back. But that's not it at all, and she tries on her own self-satisfied smirk.

She reaches into her reticule to produce a folded sheet of paper, heart thumping as she holds it up with pride.

Robert stops cold in all movements, eyes zeroing in on her ace. Not daring to believe.

He swallows hard. "What is that," he breathes heavily.

She takes a moment to enjoy this victory, the way his hands tremble and his eyes glaze over with hope.

"A deed," she whispers calmly, though excitement sizzles within her, "with a coat of arms, picturing an elephant."

His jaw actually drops, lips parting as he shakes his head in pure amazement. "How..."

She shrugs with nonchalance, inhaling deep as she tries to rein in her own emotions. "You'd be amazed what one can accomplish when not being bullied into it."

He licks his dry lips, eyes closing as if it were too much to believe. "Of course you found it." He looks at her again and his expression as her near jumping into his arms. "You of all people. You're brilliant."

"Really," she asks impishly. "I recall someone telling me I was stupid."

He bites his tongue, scoffing at her, a mix of pride for her and humility for himself on his handsome face. "Going to torture me forever with that?"

"Oh, only whenever it gives me the upper hand."

He breaks out into a sudden laugh, so unlike him she almost gasps. "I'm the stupid one," he declares, "for ever thinking it of you."

She nods cooly, accepting the apology of sorts. "And unattractive?"

He gives a sly grin. "Is me wanting to bend you over this chair and ravish you, an answer?"

She has no choice but to let the silence draw out, every step he comes closer stealing more of her ability to come up with a snarky response.

"Perhaps," she finally responds before he can touch her. "But I have questions."

Her body gives its own kind of sigh when Robert cups her cheek, fingers sliding into her hair until his hold on her is strong, thumb caressing the soft skin in front of her ear making her shiver.

"And I will answer every single one of them with honesty," he says, hot breath fanning across her face. He pecks lightly at the corner of her mouth, trailing his chaste kisses up her jaw and around her ear, biting the lobe gently. "While I am fucking you."

12