Future Imperfect Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"By dropping Brannen in it?" Frowning, the PM wasn't impressed. "You understand that this looks like revenge for ending your relationship?"

"That would only be true if I hadn't been subject to control, in the same way that the Māori population as a whole has been controlled by the Pakeha." Sitting firm, Maia was giving nothing away, "and it's not just Brannen I'm dropping in it. You knew from the start, so you're immediately involved."

"So, what?" The PM asked, frustrated at her days plans, a tour around an Auckland brewery were now in tatters, "you want a better job? A bigger role?"

"Of course." Maia smiled.

"Foreign secretary? Deputy Prime Minister? Chancellor?" The PM frowned at Maia's reaction, laughing wholeheartedly. "Something funny?"

"I'm afraid none of those will do." Standing up, Maia brushed her coat. "No, the job I'm after is yours, and the only way I'm going to get it is by resignations. Mine and yours." Not waiting for a response, she stood by the door. "Oh, and these ladies want a word too."

Upon opening the door, more than half of the current cabinet trooped into the room.

"What is this?" The PM barked. "Why are you all here?"

"Oh, they all quit too Prime Minister," Maia beamed, "and we're pushing for a vote to take your job. Turns out, my cause has got a lot more supporters than anyone ever knew. Cross-party too."

Her eyes narrowed, the PM stared so hard it was a miracle Maia didn't catch fire.

"You're not clever enough for this on your own Maia, you've had help."

"Currently, I have more help than I could ever ask for," she spoke breezily, "and that doesn't involve you. Goodbye Prime Minister, I have a press conference to get to."

Closing the door, Maia walked away, ignoring the increase in noise that suddenly emanated from the office. She didn't quite know why she'd been so resistant to Stephanie's plan in the first place. Turns out, it was everything she could ask for. She was still being watched by Stephanie's people of course, but, over time she'd be able to replace them for her own. Yes, this would end up being a blessing in disguise.

12