Game of Love Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Where were you when Trevor needed you all those years ago at school, football practices and school meetings?" She asked, prodding him harshly. "Where were you when I was raising my son alone for three whole years when you were fucking that whore, Laurel? Where were you when we were planning for our son's wedding?

And what did you do to that bastard when he eventually ended up hurting our son?" She furiously rubbed her tears. "And you call me selfish and I don't care about my son? You don't have any right to question my motherhood, Brice because you've never been a father. You've never cared about our son."

Brice laughed, looking at his wife. Tears had already welled in his eyes.

"Is this what you are bringing up, Giada, really?" He lost the smile on his face as a tear went rolling down his cheek. "You know very well where I was. I was working my ass out for you so that you could live comfortable. You wanted a luxurious life and I sacrificed my time with my son so that I could provide you that life. You don't have the right to question my fatherhood because I have done my best to raise my son into a great man.

But you're right about one thing, though." He said as he rubbed his tears. "I've been a bad father because I couldn't give one of my children the love he deserved. Perhaps, if I had grown some balls and supported them all, none of this would have happened. My kids would have grown up together and you wouldn't have filled Trevor with your venom. You wouldn't have been using your own son for your selfish needs."

Giada couldn't believe the words coming out of her husband's mouth. His words were spat out with the ferocity and rapidity of machine gun fire.

Giada leant closer, perfectly composed. She wanted to cry as rage filled her belly. She felt her ears getting hot as she glared at him.

"How dare you?" She spitted, balling her fists. "After everything that I have done for you, this is what you repay with? After all the love that I have shown you? I picked you up from the slums, bathed you, clothed and raised you to the top. I forgave your cheating ass because I loved you and now..." She furiously dropped her hands. "...now I get insulted for it. I have been nothing but a good wife to you and I have never given you any reason to complain. But guess I was stupid."

Giada started laughing in her pain. "I should have listened to my father when he told me that you were nothing but trash. You've been using me all this time and I never even realized it."

"Stop talking nonsense...."

"It's not nonsense!" Giada snapped, her jaws shaking uncontrollably. "I am in my right senses right now. In fact, I have never felt so much wisdom before. Now you listen to me, Brice." She got closer, pointing at him. "I want you to get out of this room, pack your bags and get the fuck out. I don't want to see your ass in this house ever again. Do you understand?"

Brice chuckled, nodding. "I will grant your wish, Giada."

He left the room, leaving Giada in tears. She remained standing there until he returned again and he was dressed differently. He knelt down in front of his son, took his hands and kissed them.

"Trevor, baby, I am so sorry that it has come to this." He sighed. "I really didn't wanna leave you but I also know that us leaving like this in your condition will only worsen things so it's better if I just leave. I would have asked you to come with me but... we both know the answer you'll give. I'll always be here for you and I'll keep on checking up on you. You can call me anytime and if you want to visit, I'll be staying at my hotel."

He leaned in and kissed his cheek, giving him a tight hug. Then he got up and looked at Giada who was looking like an evil queen from a fairytale.

"You know, I had always hoped that maybe we could give our relationship another chance despite all the mistakes." He said under his breath. "But maybe you're right. It's about time we gave each other space and find out what really works for us. But what I really need is time alone."

"Time alone?" Giada groaned. "Or do you just want to get rid of me, Brice?"

"Since the start of our relationship I have done nothing but to understand you." Brice said. "But you've pushed me to my limit and I can't handle this anymore."

"I spoke in anger." Giada took Brice's hand and started kissing it. But Brice took it away. "Please, forgive me. I love you so much. We can work out some things and..."

"I am doing this to save whatever I still feel for you."

He glanced at his son and walked out of there. Giada felt like her heart had been taken away as Brice left the room and her life. She dropped to the floor and cried like a baby. It was Eric's fault that her business was crashing and her family had finally been broken. She couldn't believe it. She cried there for several minutes before she contained herself and moved to her son, hugging him tightly.

"It's just you and now, baby." She sobbed softly. "Your father has left us. I will help you..."

But Giada didn't even finish her sentence before Trevor furiously rose from where he sat, rubbing his tears angrily. It was like he became possessed and Giada was shocked. She remained there, staring at him like she'd just seen a ghost.

His fists began clenching and he groaned angrily, his jaws shaking. The look on his face, pure evil! His anger was as hot as any fire any dragon had ever flamed. His face became red with rage and his chest rose in anger as harsh breaths escaped him. His heart was pounding violently in his chest.

"I have shed tears enough. I have cried enough for that bitch!" His voice sounded like a monster in a cave. "I'll not give him the pleasure of seeing me fall. I am not going down without a fight."

The pressure of his raging sea of anger was gonna give him strength, the strength to fight and defeat his enemy. His body vibrated so much that he felt like there was an earthquake occurring in his body. Giada was still shocked and she slowly started getting up.

"Damn that Eric! He is the one responsible for all of this." His slammed his fist into the wall, not minding the pain that made its way up his arm. He didn't even care that he had started bleeding. "I will make him pay even if it's the last thing I do. As far as I know, Sergio is still mine and will remain mine till the end of time."

Giada didn't know where this vibe was coming from but she loved it. An evil grin appeared on her face as she got closer to her son.

"You're right about that, baby. This family has gone to pieces because of that bitch!"

"It's okay, mommy. But now, I swear to you..." He clenched his fist even harder. "...I swear to you that I will never stop until I haven't had my revenge on that good for nothing wretched boy. I will not stop until I have gotten back everything that boy has stolen for me. I swear on my life."

Giada couldn't have loved to hear anything else from her son. Finally, the vengeful spirit had awakened in him, stronger and hungrier than ever. They were never gonna stop until they destroyed him and nothing was gonna stand in their way.

***

"Sergio!" Eric moaned softly as he chuckled slowly. "Stop it!"

"Why should I?" Sergio moaned as he kissed on Eric's neck. "I can do it the whole day if I wanted to because you're all mine now."

Sergio had his arms tightly locked around Eric's waist while he kissed his neck. They were headed for the staircase because they had somewhere important to go. Eric was looking sexy in a yellow designer's shirt that was tucked in a black skinny jean that fit him perfectly. He had his snickers on his feet and his hair was tied in a gorgeous ponytail, revealing his beautiful face. The clothes he was wearing were Sergio's from when he was not that muscular years back. They fit him perfectly and that was what made Sergio crazy.

Sergio on the other hand had a white shirt that was halfway buttoned up and tucked in a black designer's trouser with black shoes on his feet. The smile on his face was something that he didn't want to wipe out.

"Hey, we're not in the room anymore, remember?" Eric asked as he rubbed on his husband's hand. "Anybody can come out here."

"Let them come so that they can see how much I love my baby."

Eric chuckled softly and then turned, locking his arms around his neck.

"Come on, Sergio, you need to behave yourself now. There are a lot of eyes that are out here." He said with a wink. "And besides, we need to be out of here soon or we'll be late to where we're going."

"Oh shoot!" Sergio hit his head, chuckling nervously. "Errr... I forgot my keys. Let me go and get them. I'll find you downstairs."

He gave him a quick kiss before he hurriedly left. Eric shook his head, taking a sigh. Although Sergio was acting like that, Eric wouldn't have loved it any better. The guy truly loved him and he saw it through his actions and words. He was making him feel like an angel, the most important person in his life.

He was smiling like an idiot but he took out his phone and decided to check out his emails while he slowly walked down the stairs. There were quite a number and he knew he had to attend a couple of meetings but he was also newly married so he had a responsibility as husband and son in law.

Eric reached down the stairs and remained there. He was still on his phone when suddenly, he heard an angry voice or rather angry voices.

"Look at him, the boy that's been poisoning this house."

Eric quickly turned only to find a shocking surprise, about five women including his Kimberly were seated in the living room staring at him like they wanted to kill him. Two of them were the women that he remembered from the night he'd come home with Sergio. They'd had said some pretty bad things.

"Just look at him. He's not even ashamed of himself." One of them laughed. "He's been jinxing this family and only God knows exactly what he's done to Sergio that he decided to abandon his wedding and marry him."

Eric just stood still, his eyes widening. He somehow felt nervous and all the women looked like they had a score to settle with him.

"It's because of him that our friend isn't even happy today. Kids of nowadays think that they can just come into a home like it's a pub." Another one said with a chuckle. "But we know how to deal with boys like him. And you know what Kim, the more you up with this boy the more he'll become more vicious until he finally convinces your son to throw you out of here. But before that, we'll deal with him for you."

Four women got up and started heading towards Eric with evil grins on their faces. They stood in front of him with their arms crossed on their chests. Eric couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"But you know what boy, you made the biggest mistake of your life by coming to this house." A lady who looked older than all of them spoke. "We're gonna show you whom you're challenging."

With those words, she raised her hand and started directing it at Eric's face. Eric slightly closed his eyes, shielding his face quickly. But to his surprise, he couldn't feel anything. He quickly opened his eyes to find Sergio holding the woman's hand with a frown on his face. He was so mad.

"How dare you, aunt?" Sergio groaned, throwing the woman's hand away. "Whom do you think you are to try and lay your hand on my groom? What gave you that right? Please, I have respected you like my mother, all of you. But if you try and cross the limit, I'll not just sit down. Do you understand?"

"Wow!" The woman clapped. "You know, when I heard just how much you insulted my friends, your mother and every guest yesterday, I couldn't believe it. You've changed so much, Sergio. First of all, you insulted us by bringing home a boy that you weren't supposed to marry, a boy that insulted everyone including your mother. I can't believe that you could tolerate this."

"Look, aunt..."

But before Sergio could even finish his sentence, Eric held his hand tightly, gesturing for him to stop. He cleared his throat and came in front of his husband, staring at all the women with a stern face. Then he gave them a smile.

"Please, I am truly sorry if you felt I had insulted you with what had happened." He put his hands together, pleading with the women. "All of you are older than me and my husband. You're even older than my own mother but I consider all of you to be my mothers."

"And you think we're gonna fall for that good boy attitude you're giving us?" The blonde lady from the previous night spoke. "We know exactly who you are and you're not gonna fool us."

"I am not trying to put up any good boy attitude but this is who I am." He chuckled softly. "I know all of you are mad right now and there are a lot of questions going through your heads. But try to understand what I am saying to you.

I didn't break up anything or do any of this to hurt anybody. I believe in destiny and I believe that whatever is meant to be will always be no matter what. This happened to me, to Sergio as well as Trevor. Five years ago, Sergio and I broke up in the most painful way ever.

I hated him. I wanted him to get hurt and feel exactly what he'd caused me. But here we are today as husbands. Marriage is about happiness and a happy marriage begins when we marry the ones we love, and it blossoms when we love the ones we marry."

He took a deep sigh, glancing at his husband who was smiling back at him.

"Marriage requires happiness and they say if you don't marry the one you love, you'll never be happy." He chuckled softly. "Try to put yourself in my shoes. All of you here I believe are mothers. Would you want your children to be in marriages where they're happy or where they pretend to be because they want to make you happy?

I believe all of you have been in love before. If you were married to your husbands to make society happy, do you think you'd still be married by now? I am sorry for asking this and I will completely understand you if you still hate me. But I didn't do anything wrong by following my happiness. My husband is my happiness and he's the most important thing to me currently."

The women looked at each other with stern looks on their faces. Then the oldest one got closer to Eric, staring at him like she wanted to slap him. She slowly took her hand up and Eric knew he was gonna get a slap for real. But what happened shocked him to the core. The woman put her hand on his cheek and caressed it, a smile appearing on her face.

"I am so sorry for this, my dear. Looks like I misunderstood you." She laughed. "You're truly what they say about you, very generous, beautiful and kind."

To say Eric was surprised would be an understatement. He hadn't expected to hear that from the woman or anyone else in that house.

"You two truly are destined together because I've never seen Sergio smiling the way he is right now." She added, nodding. "May you always be happy, dear."

"We're very sorry." All the women apologized. "Please, forgive us for this misunderstanding. You're right. We should marry the ones we love and the ones that make us happy. That is the genesis of a good marriage."

Sergio and Eric felt really happy with what they heard. They looked at each other, holding hands tightly.

"Thank you so much, aunt!" Sergio chuckled softly. "And I am sorry for the way I talked to you. I was just angry and all."

"You don't have to apologize." The blonde woman spoke. "It was my mistake. I shouldn't have talked to you the way I did. But now I know why you love him so much. People like him are very rare. You're a very lucky man."

"Thank you so much, aunt!" Eric put his hands together, slightly bowing. "We really have to go now. We'll see you later."

The four women smiled and watched as the happy couple left. They then went back to the living room where Kim was seated, looking like an owl that had just realized it was suddenly daylight. She couldn't believe what had just happened.

"Wow, Kim!" One of them spoke happily. "You've really hit a jackpot. I don't think your son would have gotten himself a better groom. Just look at him, very well behaved and to top it all, he owns two of the biggest companies in the continent. How lucky can you be?"

"Yeah, Kim," Another spoke. "You're very lucky and I admire you. Such son in laws are very rare. And they do make such a cute couple together."

The topic now changed to how cool Eric was. Kimmy's brain stuttered for a moment and every part of her went on pause while her thoughts caught up. She couldn't understand what was going on. That wasn't like her friends. Her friends wouldn't have changed that easily because she knew them. What was going on?

***

'You what?' Laurel roared on the other end, making Eric to slightly move the phone from his ears.

"Mommy, please, I am sorry that I didn't tell you." Eric's voice was so low that it almost felt like he was scared. "But I didn't..."

'You didn't know you were getting married? Is that it?' Laurel yelled. 'I was here thinking that my son was busy with work only to wake up and read on the internet that you are married. How do you expect me to react?'

"Mommy, I know I should have told you but I was about to." He sighed, running his hands through his hair. "My wedding to Sergio was unexpected and..."

'Messing with Giada, really?' She yelled. 'I didn't even know what you were up but now I know exactly what you've been up. I can't believe you'd get married so abruptly and to someone that you don't even love. You probably married him to get revenge on those two.'

"No, mommy, that's not it." He spoke softly. "I love Sergio so much and I wouldn't have loved to be with anyone else aside from him. My life without him would have been meaningless."

'Even at that... you were supposed to tell me.' She was so mad that Eric was scared of her voice. 'I had always planned on how I was gonna rejoice at your wedding and now you've ruined that for me. Wow, Eric, you're so grown that you don't even need your mother. Do you think marriage is a joke, huh?'

"Mommy, it was just a small wedding. No one else was there except the priest and the two of us." He said softly. "I'll make it up to you. Sergio and I are planning on a real wedding."

'Does that make it any better for me?' She yelled. 'You are so stupid to have gotten married without informing me. In fact, tell that man that he's gonna answer to me the time I come there. He better be ready to face a mother in law that will deal with him."

Eric laughed at his mother's words. "It's not his fault!"

'I don't care.' She snarled. 'And please, be very careful. That witch is probably planning something as we speak. I don't wanna lose my son.'

"Okay, ma!" He chuckled. "I'll talk to you later."

He cut the call and sighed gloomily. But he couldn't shake off that smile on his face. His mother had never spoken to him in that tone before. But he completely understood her. After all, he was the one that had gotten married without her consent.

"Mothers, huh?"

Eric made a quick turn when he heard that familiar voice. He smiled even brightly and rushed to the man, giving him a quick hug. He felt so happy and excited when he saw him.

"Oh my God, David! You've got no idea how happy I am that you're here." He gasped, holding him tightly. "I was even thinking of calling you."

"Yeah!" He raised his eyebrow. "Really? Shouldn't you have called me before the wedding? I got really hurt when I heard that you got married without informing me, Eric. I thought you regarded me as your father."

"David, I am truly sorry." Eric lost the smile on his face. "My marriage was unexpected and I feel so guilty that the people that are important to me didn't even attend. But I will make it up to you, I swear."

David sighed. "Anyway, it's fine as long as you're happy."

Those words were able to bring a smile back to Eric's face. "I am happy, David. I couldn't have found a better man than Sergio."