Game of Love Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kim held his hands, kissing them sweetly.

"Nothing honey. Sergio is being manipulated and you know that. But I will make things right." She said in a voice that was filled with nothing but evil. "I will make things right for your sake. I swear! You're the only son in law that I know of. There's no one else."

"What are you trying to say, Kim?" Giada asked with a frown on her face. "Are you saying that Sergio and Trevor are gonna be together?"

Kim looked at Giada and nodded. "Yes! I am not going to sit and watch that bitch take my son away from me. I am gonna fight tooth and nail to get him back. You're gonna come home as my son in law and that's my promise to you."

Trevor gasped, gripping her into a hug. He had an evil grin on his face. He had surely outdone himself this time and he deserved an Oscar for it. He now had assurance that Kim was still on his side and he was gonna use her to create a rift between Sergio and Eric. Then he was gonna be the savior and take back what belonged to him.

"Thank you so much, mother. I don't know what to say?"

"Just be happy!" Kim held his head, staring into his eyes. "You won't have to wait for long and that is an assurance. I promise you that you'll be back to my house and in Sergio's arms."

Trevor and Giada had never heard any better news.

"Thank you so much, Giada." Kim rested her hand on Kim's shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze. "You truly are a friend and a sister. You care about us so much and I thank you for that."

"You don't have to thank me. It's my duty."

"Well, I misunderstood you and..." She paused and sighed. "...now I have to tell you the whole truth."

"Truth?" She frowned. "What truth?"

Giada sighed, losing the smile on her face.

"The truth is that Eric has been out to destroy me and my family for so long." She said softly. "He's been taking revenge on me. Right now, he's managed to destroy my family because my husband is no longer with us. Because of Eric, my husband left his family. He abandoned us.

And if that's not enough, he's destroying my fashion house piece by piece. As we speak right now, he's managed to paralyze me on the market. I am losing investors and my business partners every day. He doesn't want to see us happy. He wants to see us dead. Marrying Sergio was all part of his plan for revenge against us. He doesn't even love him and he'll destroy him and your entire family. He's got a hidden agenda and he'll do that just to hurt us."

"Hurt you?" Kim frowned, getting confused. "Revenge? What are you talking about? Why is he trying to hurt you? And why is he taking revenge?"

"Because... because he is my husband's illegitimate son!" She said harshly as her fists balled. "That bastard failed tried to break my family years ago, he and his mother. I secured my family but he came back stronger and powerful. He has managed to destroy my family and ruined my son's wedding. He won't stop until he ensures we're all dead. And he'll not spare you too because Sergio and he have a past together."

"What?"

Kim was more than shocked. Her eyes and her mouth were wide open in an expression of stunned surprise and she was staring at Giada as she had just sprout horns.

"What are you talking about? Your husband has a son apart from Trevor?"

"It's not what I like to talk about but yes!" She nodded. "My husband had an affair and from that, he had a son, Eric. For a long time, I had struggled to keep my family together because of that mistress and her son. And after so long and with great difficulty, I managed to secure my family. But look where we are today."

Kim gasped, wiping the sweat off her face. "But why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it didn't matter." She said hoarsely. "I didn't want my husband's dark secret to breed any problem and I thought Sergio was strong enough. But now, he's been trapped, Kim. Eric will not stop until he has destroyed us all."

"What does he have against my son?" She said under her breath, fear taking the best of her.

"Eric always wanted what belonged to my son. He seduced Sergio and they started having an affair back when they were in the university." Giada was lying through her teeth and she was happy Kim was buying it. "However, when Sergio found out about his agenda, he exposed him and rejected him in front of the entire school. He also prophesied love to Trevor.

That was the time when he left. I had no idea where he went until a few weeks ago when I found out he was the co-owner of D&E and Liberty shoes. He's thirsty for blood and no one is safe, Kim. He's managed to break my family and he's busy destroying my company. There's no telling what he's up to in your house."

Kim's hands trembled and her eyes watered as her hand reached for the chair that was near her. She gripped it harder, balancing on it. She felt a darkness engulf her, a darkness that made her feel goosebumps all of a sudden. Eric was deadlier than she thought.

"Oh my God!" She gasped under her breath. "What has my son done by bringing that boy to my house?"

"I am sorry I couldn't tell you this before but it's the truth." Giada sighed gloomily, feeling all warm and evil inside. "Your son's life and your family might be in danger and if you don't do anything, your family is gonna break just like mine.

That's why you need to act fast if you don't want to lose your son forever. If you think I am lying then you should ask some of Sergio's friends back in school." Of course, she only said that because she knew Kim was a big fool and she wasn't gonna do any such thing.

Kim's breaths quickened as she sat on the chair. "God!"

"Mother, please, don't worry." Trevor said abruptly, kneeling down in front of her. He rested his head on her lap. "I am here and I promise that I am not gonna let him harm you or Sergio. I will help you in defeating him. I promise."

Kim hesitantly put her hands on his head but she was so shocked and a bit scared. She knew what her mission was now. To save her son from the evil boy.

An evil grin appeared on Giada's face. She had hit a jackpot and she was gonna use Kim.

'Go on, Kim, you stupid old fool. You need to act now so that you can defeat my enemy for me.' Giada thought, rubbing on her temple. 'And Eric, I am going to set a fire for you, so hot that it will burn you to ashes. Now let's see how you're gonna live in that house comfortably.'

It was game on.

***

The elevator door opened and Eric came out with David. Both of them were holding hands, talking to each other. David was wearing a dark gray designer's suit with a black shirt inside and gray shoes. He was looking super handsome and he was wearing a beautiful smile.

Eric on the other hand was wearing a white see-through shirt with a pure white vest that was tucked in a super sexy black skinny jean, revealing his gorgeous curves. He had white snickers on his feet and his hair was made in a choosy top bun. He was looking amazing and very young.

"Do you have to go like right now?" David asked, taking a deep sigh. "I could use some help here. You know I have never worked alone since the genesis of our companies. You've always been by my side."

"You know I wouldn't have left if it wasn't important." Eric smiled, facing the man with his arms crossed. "But I just got married two days ago and I have a new life now. It's not just about me and work. There's also this family that I have gotten through this marriage and my husband as well. I also have to give him my attention."

David was a bit sad. "How long will you be gone?"

"The crazy thing is I don't know." He shrugged. "Sergio told me it was a surprise. But honeymoons don't take that long so I am sure we'll be back before you even know it."

"Anyway, I am so happy for you." David squeezed his shoulder, giving him a smile. "I just want you to enjoy yourself while there. And don't mind me if I send you some office work on your honeymoon."

"Not at all." Eric laughed. "What can I say? I am a workaholic after all."

He took a deep breath and threw himself in David's arms, snuggling in. "I am gonna miss you so much, David."

In that moment, David's arms wrapped themselves around Eric and he breathed in more slowly, Eric's body melting into David's, closing his arms. They were like father and son and everyone admired their relationship.

"Well, well, well..." came a mocking voice. A voice that was way too familiar. "Isn't this lovely? Why don't you two go and get a room already?"

Eric and David slowly broke the hug. When Eric turned, he got irritated with whom he saw, Giada. She stood there with her hands on her hips, looking like a model that had paused on the runway. She had her hair in a black color with shades of blue with a bang. She was wearing a beautiful, tight blouse with her cleavage exposed for the world to see and a tight leather skirt that reached her knees and showed off her killer curves.

She had her fake smile on. Eric rolled his eyes, crossing his arms on his chest.

"You know what, you're very clever and I have to give you that." She gave her cruel mocking laughter. "You claim you're in love with someone and you even stole him from my son." She said between clenched teeth. "And yet here you are, hugging and kissing with a man old enough to be your father. Shame!"

Eric chuckled, raising an eyebrow. "Do you have a death wish?" He simply asked. "Stop your nonsense and get out of here. And by the way, shouldn't you be looking for ways to revive your falling company?"

"You can say whatever you want but I am here to tell you that if you think you have won by manipulating Sergio into marrying you then you're dead wrong." She chuckled bitterly, an evil grin appearing on her face.

"Well, I am the one married to him." He gave a killer smile. "So I don't know what you're talking about."

"You can pretend but Sergio belongs to my son." She snarled, getting even closer. "And very soon, their wedding is gonna happen and the entire world will get to witness. That is my promise to you. Sergio and Trevor will get married and you're gonna witness and you'll die because you won't show your face to the world."

Eric laughed, shaking his head. "Be careful what you wish for, step mother!" He teased, making Giada feel like a fire had just started in her heart. "Especially now that I am Sergio's groom. And be careful what you say to me because you're in my territory. I can kill right here for trespassing but I don't want to stain my hands with your cursed blood so if you can please leave, I will really appreciate it."

Giada's cold fury burnt with dangerous intensity.

"Well, we'll see. Don't forget the person that I am, Eric!" She warned, raising her finger at him. "Don't take my silence for weakness because I am a viper and when I strike, I don't do it to hurt but to kill. You might just wake up one day and realize that you've got nothing. No one will even support you. No Sergio, no family and not definitely the man behind you who's fucking you will be able to help you."

"Are you threatening me?" Eric asked, losing the smile on his face.

"We're gonna find out if that is a threat or a promise, Eric!"

Eric burst into laughter, touching his chest. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Now I know that you've gone insane. You need to see a psychiatrist because whatever is in your little mind, it won't work." He chirped, shaking his head in mock. "If I were you, I'd just go home and drown in my sorrows. There was no need for coming here, Giada. Just accept the fact that you lost and go home."

He started moving closer to her, watching as her face completely changed to something he'd never seen before.

"I understand that it must hurt to lose, Giada. I really do. But..." He paused and mocked her with his smile. "...you really need to be very careful what you say to me. I am no longer that boy you used to play like a ball five years ago. I am very different and your threats don't do shit to me. So if I were you, I'd get my old overused carcass out of this building right now."

Giada felt a sudden rage as Eric insulted her. She clenched her fists, tears welling in her eyes. Her rage held all the power of a wildfire, you could practically see the flames roaring in her eyes, ready to ignite anything that she came in contact with.

"How dare you?" She roared, her voice suddenly rising. "How dare you insult me? Do you know who I am?"

"How should I know when you don't even know who I am?"

"Leave her, Eric!" David suddenly spoke, holding Eric's arm. "Some people just like causing trouble. She's not worthy of your time. Let's just go."

"Ooh..." Giada laughed although she was in so much pain. "...and then suddenly the sugar daddy comes to his toy boy's rescue. You two are so shameless and disgusting. You might be able to fool everyone but you can't fool me."

"Mrs. Sandoval, I have respected you enough. But don't push me otherwise, whatever threat Eric made, I will be the one to fulfill it."

"You don't scare me." She laughed. "You and that bitch can fuck all you want but I will expose you. You stupid ugly people." She was acting like a mad woman and she was yelling. "You can't deny it. You're fucking that old man and you stole my son's husband because you are a bitch!"

As soon as she said those words, Giada felt someone grip her arm painfully. And when she turned to look at the person that had pulled her, a hand cracked on her face, snapping it backwards and causing her to reel sickeningly behind. She grasped her cheek as she robotically moved her head to look at the person that had dared given her such a dirty slap. She could have sworn she was bleeding.

However, when she looked at the person that had slapped her, her eyes widened beyond what she thought was possible as a harsh breath escaped her lips. Her heart gave a sharp pound, almost like it wanted to crack her ribs and escape from her chest. She felt a cold sensation go through her body as she let out a startled little gasp of pain.

The woman standing in front of her looked like a demon she'd only seen from horror movies. She had never thought she'd even get that scared.

"How dare you, Giada?" She snapped, raising her shaky finger. "Who the fuck do you think you are to talk to my son like that, huh? What gave you that right?"

Giada couldn't believe it. Even Eric was a little shocked to see his mother standing there, looking like wonder woman about to beat an evil villainess.

She was dressed in a sexy, classy green dress that showed off her curves with green heels on her feet. Her hair was made long layered fringe that just added the touch of glamour to her. She was wearing the beautiful necklace Eric had bought from the 30th anniversary auction of Sergio's company. She was really amazing.

"Who the hell do you think you are to do that to my son, huh?" She gripped her arm painfully.

"How dare you lay your hand on me, Laurel!"

"What will you do, huh?" She dared, raising her eyebrow. "What the fuck will you do? Don't regard me as a weak woman because you've got no freaking idea the type of person that I have become. I am ready to kill you right now for even talking to my son."

Giada's rage was an inferno, burning so hot. She couldn't believe Laurel had just slapped her.

"Do you even know what this son of yours..."

"And what did he do? Did he steal your husband?" Laurel chuckled bitterly. "If I were, I'd keep my mouth shut. As far as I know, you don't have any right to talk that way to my son. Not everyone sleeps around like you for power and influence. Some of us like to work our way up."

Giada furiously dropped her hand. "You'll pay for this, Laurel. It's like you and your son have forgotten who I am."

"No, I have not forgotten who you are." Laurel said with a stern look. "But before I completely remember, get the hell out of here otherwise, I'll be arrested for murder."

Giada dropped her eyes angrily, moving them like she had lost something. She was so filled up with anger that she was ready to blow.

"You know, after everything that has happened, I thought you'd end up mature. That you'd grow up a little." Laurel laughed. "Looks like I was wrong. As far as I can see you still act like a little child who is afraid someone might take away her candy. But with all this evil and rage you have... direct it somewhere else and not my mind. You have no idea what I am capable of."

Giada looked at Kim angrily and then at Eric before she stormed out of there. Her heels sounded as if they'd suddenly become heavy. She felt so embarrassed as everyone on that floor were just staring at her like she was an abomination.

"Mommy?"

Laurel got very emotional when she saw her son standing there looking like a perfect little angel. She rushed to him quickly and pulled him closer to her wrapping her arms around him. Her embrace was warm and her arms seemed very protective. The world around Laurel melted away as she squeezed him, not wanting the moment to end.

"My angel!" Laurel sobbed softly as she kissed his head. "I can't believe I am holding you in my arms like this. I have missed this for so long."

Eric held her for the longest time, feeling like a kid again. "Oh my God, I can't believe that you are here, mommy. Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

Laurel pulled away but held his head in her hands, staring deep into those beautiful eyes. "And miss this look on your face?" She chuckled emotionally. "Not a chance. In fact, I was so mad at you that I would have slapped. But I got out my anger on Giada instead."

She pulled him closer again and held him tighter than the first time. The both of them were emotional and had tears in their eyes. They didn't care who saw them. Mother and son had finally united again and that was the most important thing. David just watched with a smile.

"Hmm, should I join the party or what?"

Eric quickly pulled away from his mother when he heard that voice. He got so surprised and excited when he saw Douglas standing at a distance with his arms open wide, wearing the most gorgeous smile he'd ever seen on him.

He was looking so handsome in a pink designer's shirt that he'd tucked in a black designer's trouser with pitch black shoes on his feet. His hair was made in a gorgeous pompadour and his bears were well cut that made him even more handsome.

Eric gasped and ran into those arms and he felt like he was in heaven when Douglas wrapped those arms around him. The feel of his body so close soothed Eric more than he had expected. But within seconds he pulled away and stared at Douglas with a smile on his face.

"Wait, why are you guys here?"

"What do you mean?" Laurel chuckled. "I told you I was gonna be here, didn't I? I told you I wanted to have a word with that man who stole you away from me. There is no way in this world I was gonna be seated while you eloped with..."

"Mommy, please..." He chuckled nervously. "...it's not entirely his fault and..."

But Eric was disturbed when he saw his nanny coming towards them with a smile. She was holding a beautiful baby that was dressed in a pink dress like Disney princesses with her hair tied beautifully with ribbons. He got so emotional and he couldn't fight the tears that came rolling down his face. The baby saw him too as a smile popped up her face and she literally lifted her tiny arms.

"Lilly?" Eric gasped as he rushed to her. He kissed his nanny before getting the baby from her. "I missed you so much, little one!"

He placed kisses all over her tiny face and watched as she giggled in her sweet tone. Then he just held her closer to him, soothing her like she was crying. God, the peace that he felt couldn't be compared to anything in this world.

"I can see you two missed each other." Douglas said in a deep manly voice.

"Of course!" Eric rubbed his tear. "We're very close. We're bonded by blood. She's my sister after all."