Gaming the System

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If it's useful if I have to do a bunch of job interviews, I'll take it. Also, any way I can wake up early? I got a feeling I need to drink a lot of water to lead off a hangover."

Anna frowned and shook her head. "We'll see. We have a lot of records to go through tonight. I have your insults to women from birth to age 21."

Zelda sat through Anna's emotionless lecturing. The witch seemed set on listing every minor insult or offense Johnny had made in his past life, even trivial things from decades past. This wasn't like the discussion of the exes, but more a simple listing. She tried to explain a few, but simply nodded at most. She definitely felt bad at the many times she had called women lesbians simply because Johnny's crude behavior didn't make them want to jump him.

LEVEL 7

Zelda did suffer a hangover the next day. Her head pounded until nearly noon as she listlessly hung around her apartment. She smiled when Sammy texted to make sure she was okay. She skimmed through the lesbian romance novel she had purchased a few days ago and shopped online at a geek store she had found that sold panties with character and slogans from video games and RPG humor. She probably shouldn't spend nearly a hundred dollars on panties and a cute hairband with her job up in the air, but she was having a rough week.

She dug around the apartment and, true to her word, found her bathroom a bit more cluttered. Some plastic bags of makeup in drawers, at least three hairbrushes. The new shampoo and conditioner would come in handy, as she was still using the leftover from Johnny's life which had been watered-down for at least a week because Johnny kept forgetting to buy more and barely needed it for his buzz-cut. A previously empty drawer was overflowing with hair bands, fake nails, and miscellaneous items. Similarly, she did find a nice interview outfit in her closet she didn't remember owning: A dark grey skirt and light-colored blouse that hopefully would look professional if she had to start job-hunting next week.

Mid-afternoon her phone started buzzing. Work was calling. She took a drink from the huge plastic cup of water she had been working on all day and answered the call.

"Miss Davis? This is Sheila Milton along with Ryan Barnes from Legal and Jenny Smith. Is this a good time to talk?" Jenny was Ray's boss. Rumors around the office were she had actually worked in Customer Support a decade ago and still favored the group.

"Um, yes. I guess. What's up?"

"Before we continue, may we tape this call for the record? And are you in a private place? I don't want to embarrass you."

At least the 'Wicked witch of HR' was worried about her embarrassment. Maybe that means she wasn't about to be fired. "Tape away. I'm at home, alone."

The three explained the situation: Jenny took the lead, and explained that past incidents and an ongoing investigation had revealed that Raymond Green was sleeping with several women working in the Customer Support department. Zelda would have been his newest conquest, but the others had made it a long-term thing and traded favors for days off and other benefits. No names named, but Zelda knew it'd be all over the place in a couple weeks. You could probably tell by the missing desks once the firings were done.

Ryan, the lawyer, took over, explaining the confidentiality required. A verbal agreement was fine for now, but there'd be papers to sign if she came in Monday. And they did want her in Monday.

Sheila explained that Raymond had been fired. As soon as his wife found out why he was fired he'd probably have some trouble at home as well. Zelda, on the other hand, and been caught in a bad situation and didn't deserve to have her career or her reputation ruined by someone else's inappropriate behavior. Looking through Zelda's file, she had a great reputation for her technical and customer service skills and nothing more than a few comments about being a bit loose with dress code. If she'd show up for work Monday they'd have some papers for her to sign but could guarantee she'd have yesterday and today as a bonus paid vacation and nothing damaging in her record. Jenny made a personal plea for Zelda to return: The department was losing two other support people as well as it's manager, and she really wanted a hard worker like Zelda back.

Zelda agreed and the call ended. Her mood lightened. Her headache finally cleared and she celebrated with some online gaming and barely noticed the guy who's seemed to keep following her from match to match calling her a stupid cunt. Her and Sammy exchanged 'MISS U' texts and some mostly tasteful flirting before she went to bed.

Anna's lecture that night continued. Hearing every insult you said from age 21 onward was sobering, but Zelda was a bit numb to it at that point.

LEVEL 8

Saturday morning arrived as Zelda slept in, fantasizing about the evening to come. She drove to the mall and spent nearly three hours buying a new outfit for the night: Her first dress, a pretty outfit in black and red. It looked a bit like a goth's prom dress and seemed perfect for a night out. She wasn't sure if Sammy would like it, however. Expensive, but totally worth it.

Sammy arrived around five wearing what looked like a long trench coat carrying a bag that smelled delightfully like warm bread and another black plastic shopping bag. Zelda greeted her with a kiss as she took the bag. "We probably won't have time to eat tonight, and you -especially you- don't want to be drinking without something in your stomach." She wiggled the bag that smelled of warm bread, "So, subs."

They ate on Zelda's couch, watching an internet show about making prop replicas Sammy was apparently addicted to. Zelda wondered why her new lover kept the overcoat on, but was so excited about the evening she didn't question it. The excitement wasn't just lust: She just wanted to spend time with her new lover.

After they finished they kissed a bit, but Zelda pulled herself away, She wanted to show her new lover her outfit for the night. She moved into the bedroom and quickly stripped. Black bra and panties went on (the latter had a joke about a 'critical hit' on them from her order the day before) followed by the dress. Checking out her reflection in the mirror she felt good: The dress flattened her tummy and made her tits look good. She was even considering experimenting with makeup a bit tonight.

She came out to reveal herself to Sammy and could see the other woman was uncertain what to say. Zelda knew she looked good, but Sammy was somehow less than pleased.

Sammy stammered. "Girl, that's a pretty dress, but I don't think it's quite right for tonight." She could see Zelda was on the verge of tears. "I've got something for you. Let's get you changed and It'll be fun. I promise."

Zelda carefully stripped the black dress off her. Her only thought was how had she messed this up so badly?

Sammy entered with he black bag she had brought earlier, unbuckling her coat. She put the bag on the bed and opened her coat, revealing an outfit which seemed to consist of fishnets leading to a leather shorts-like garment and a tight corset that made her breasts ride up high with visible dark-red nipples. Chains connected to a collar. "The bag's for you. It'll be fun."

Gulping, Zelda opened the bag. Her outfit seemed like little more than a leather harness. Sammy whispered in her ear, "It will be so hot." as she gently massaged the younger woman's breast through her bra.

"First you better shave. I'll make it fun."

Zelda had been day-dreaming for her lover's touch, but was disappointed it came from being shaved in her most intimate area over the shower drain. It was a bit of a rough shave, and would likely be irritated for days, but her mound now looked as smooth as her belly. Still, she wanted Sammy to be be happy. Undoubtedly the whole process was causing Sammy to get excited: Her voice dropped to a sensual growl as she explained how to put the outfit on. As the last straps were drawn tight Zelda heard another whispered comment, but had Sammy just called her 'Nancy?' Probably a slip of the tongue.

With Sammy's help Zelda got the outfit on and couldn't believe she was dressed in this outfit. It looked like she was covered in leather belts. A spiked dog collar with a prominent gleaming loop was around her neck, connected by stars to large rings that left her nipples exposed to the air. Leather pieces encased her shoulders and upper arms, but her forearms were left exposed with only wristlets connected by jangling chains. A few wide straps wrapped her belly and a complex assembly wrapped around her crotch. Sammy demonstrated: the cod-piece could be pulled forward to protect her or left open if she wished the entire world to see her naked, shaved crotch. One thing Zelda appreciated was a sort of 'mask of straps' included that at least made her unrecognizable, especially after Sammy applied heavy eyeshadow to her face. She wobbled, unsteady, on the included heels.

"The coat's for you. There's a place at the club to stash it and-" She dug in the pockets, pulling out a leather leash." This way everyone will know you're mine!"

Zelda was blushing furiously but desperate to please her lover, so she went along. As night fell they bundled into Sammy's jeep and drove into the city. They parked, and walked through the cold evening. It was so cold Zelda could see her breath she was thankful for the trench coat Sammy had dressed her in. They walked down the street to the "Chain Gang Club" where Zelda watched Sammy pay the muscular women working the door to let them skip the line. The club was noisy with a band playing in stage as lights flashed. As they wended their way to the bar Zelda felt an unfamiliar hand on her mostly-exposed ass and another brush her nipple. She was left holding her own leash for ten minutes as Sammy fought her way to the bar for drinks. She had only had a few sips before an overly amorous couple with eyes only for each other nearly knocked her over as they sought a more private or at least more spacious place.

After about twenty minutes they found a bench where they could see the band, a local death metal group long on enthusiasm, short on talent. Sammy idly fiddled with Zelda's exposed tit. She tried to whisper something to Zelda, but ended up having to shout, "HOT ISN'T IT?" to which Zelda replied with a weak grin.

A bit later Zelda yelled at Sammy, "WE NEED TO TALK. OUTSIDE." It took three tries: Sammy was watching a two women make out in front of the stage while a third flittered around them, occasionally groping or licking anything that was available. Grabbing her leash to prevent being choked, Zelda marched outside. Sammy followed, grumbling about leaving so early. The heavy bass still boomed even outside the brick building.

"Sammy! Sammy!" She turned and pulled the weird mask off her head. Her makeup smeared a bit. Sammy looked anxious and disappointed.

"This isn't my scene." Zelda continued. "I really gave it a try. It's just not me. Sammy, I love you but I can't do this."

Sammy seemed about to make another plea to stay, but Zelda steamrolled her. "I thought we'd have a night out. Go have dinner or something. Maybe see a band that's..." she searched for the right word.

"Good."

Zelda gulped as Sammy stammered. "I'm going home. My phones in the coat. I'll call a cab or something. Call me if you want to try it again. You're awesome and if you never want to talk to me, I'll understand. But I want to go out as friends, not as some weird thing where you show me off."

Unwilling to listen to Sammy right now, she turned to walk away. Her dramatic exit was ruined as she rolled her ankle and nearly fell. Sammy did run over and helped her to her feet.

"Zelda, I'm sorry. I just didn't.... My old girlfriend..."

Zelda's mood swung from depression to anger, "Did you dress me like your old girlfriend? Was that the Nancy you mentioned earlier? You thought it was a good idea to take me to a fetish club on our first date dressed like your old girlfriend?"

Sammy gulped, pleading, "Don't take a cab. I'll drive you home."

Zelda kicked off the heels and picked them up as she started back to walk to Sammy's ride, the pavement icy cold under her feet. Holding back tears as she thought about how badly the evening had gone, she concentrated on how the cold air caused her nipples to form into little points and the cold chains slipped over her skin. Her exposed butt felt near frozen.

Sammy arrive a few moments later. They drove in silence. As they neared Zelda's apartment complex, Sammy said, "I'm sorry. That was too soon, I guess."

"It wasn't too soon. You were trying to make me someone else. It's not the first time. I'm a person all on my own. You don't need to make me the new 'Nancy', just enjoy what you get." Zelda's words had gained a hard edge that silenced her friend.

As they turned in, Sammy made another plea, "I never lied to you, but maybe I skipped a couple things. I can't take you to my place because I still live with my parents. They're OK that I fuck women, but I can't take them home. And I pay the bills since they're both out of work!"

"I just wanted some fun, and you do remind me of my old girlfriend Nancy, although she was Latina. I shouldn't have tried to show you off. The guys at game night aren't into this kind of thing and... I guess you aren't either."

The car pulled in and the engine out off. No one moved. Zelda spoke, "I thought I was falling in love with you. You were everything I wanted to be. Outgoing, adventurous, aggressive. But if you need someone who lets you do whatever you want, I can't be that and be me, too."

Shrugging, Zelda prepare to get out of the truck. She stopped and grabbed Sammy, kissing her deeply like she had a few nights before.

"Sammy, I will always remember you. I don't hate you, but I can't be your new Nancy."

In her apartment, Zelda struggled to free herself from the fetish outfit. Grabbing pads that had appeared with her "Surprise Supplies" upgrade, she removed the heavy eyeshadow Sammy had helped her apply. It had run a bit when she cried after leaving the club, but tears had turned to a cold sense of determination on the drive home. It was barely past 9:00, so she jumped online and gamed until nearly midnight, then passed out still in her sweatshirt and old jeans. Her kill ratio, she had to admit, was legendary fueled by her simmering anger.

"Sounds like you had a night." said Anna. She was seated at the cocktail arcade table when Zelda arrived. The gamer was dressed in the black and red dress she had hoped to wear for the night.

"That was terrible. I guess I'm back to zero, right? I just insulted another woman. The only one that liked me."

"Zelda, you didn't insult her. You stood your ground. You treated her like an adult, and called her shit when she didn't do the same. In fact, I think we're about done here."

"Done? What do you mean 'done'?"

Anna smiled, "I have more projects than just you. You've learned a lot and I don't think you need to be forced so much. I'm assuming you have questions, though?"

"Wait, done? Already? So do I turn back to Johnny or am I stuck? Is this all a weird dream or?"

Anna waved to stop the excited woman. "That is fundamentally up to you and I won't give you advice either way. You might find Johnny has some new luck with women now that he knows a few things."

Zelda thought for a second and her outfit changed to the complex leather arrangement from earlier. "I'm not sure what tonight taught me, other than how cold metal can feel on nipples. But if I change back, what happens to Sammy?"

Anna exhaled, "She would probably remember a brief fling with a guy that ended badly. Pretty close to what you two went through. You can't escape her either way, though: You both work for the same company so unlike the others she's the ex you'll have to see every now and then. I think that game night group would like you to show up again, too, so I guess you'll see her there."

Head in hand, Zelda considered briefly. "Might as well stay. I'm used to this now. I've got some new friends and don't want to have to explain things to them."

Anne smiled, "Your wish is my command. This is the last time we'll meet in dreams... But I might stop by in a few months and see how you're doing."

LEVEL??

Zelda was spending a pretty normal Saturday at her apartment when the her phone buzzed. Checking, it was from 'WitchAnna' and said, "May I stop by this fine afternoon?"

Zelda found the strange woman's formal and verbose texting style strangely charming.

Zelda replied affirmative and was unsurprised to hear a knock on her door only five minutes later. She was more surprised to see the beautiful Anna from her week of strange dreams months ago in a wheelchair on her doorstep. She welcomed her in, and offered her a drink of hot tea as Anna inspected the apartment. "This is the first time I've really seen the place, with my real eyes, although you've changed it around a bit."

"Well after you left I got into the Cosplay forums, so started sewing and making stuff. It's fun!"

"You're not worried about the guys that think cosplayers are just doing it to show off?"

"Fuck'em if they can't take a joke" said Zelda as she brought in mugs of steaming hot tea. "I do cosplay because it makes me and my friends happy. Greg, one of the guys from the gaming group is woking on this awesome 'Dracula' costume and it's been so fun working him!"

"How's work? And Sammy" Anna sipped her tea.

"Surprisingly good on both, actually. We didn't talk for nearly a month, and I was busy being promoted. Then she moved over to take lead on a new project and we had to have meetings together and we found we did really enjoy just talking and hanging out. She's got a new girl, and at least I think she bought a new costume for the clubs for her."

Anna interrupted, "Wait! So many questions. First: Promotion?"

"Ray wasn't coming back. Jennie took back day-to-day control, at least for the time being, but they needed someone who knew the ins-and-outs and picked me. I guess I did get a promotion because of that asshole whipping his dick out!"

"I've checked in and his life hasn't gone well. He's not quite on my bad books, but his wife left him, he's working at some game store near here, and living in an apartment half this size."

Zelda looked surprise. "Ray is working at the GamesPlus down the street? I may have to go in there again. I owe Tricia an apology either way. That place is pretty much garbage, though. "

"Tricia might appreciate it. I think since you avoided her during the curse she may only remember Johnny, so you'll have a clean slate with her. Honestly, best to just let Ray wallow in his shitty life and hope he'll get the help he needs. So Sammy isn't bitter?"

Zelda shook her head. "No, she really isn't. Something I learned from you is we should all be trying to improve ourselves. I'm not perfect, neither is she. So after I dumped her ass she went home and sulked for a week, then threw herself into work. Like I said, lead on some big new project. She did the work, she deserves it. We had a couple business lunches to talk about supporting her new project, then I convinced her to try my way. Still didn't get the poofy dress out, but did wear something nice and professional for an adult-style drinks and dinner."

Zelda's vote got low, "Marcia's some girl she met at the club, but they seem like a good couple. Taller than Sammy, but thin as a rail. Drinks a bit. Like I said, they both like the whole club thing and now they just take turns leading each other around. I saw some pics and they look like they're having fun. Even playing around with some leather working for Christmas gifts for them. Like I was saying, everyone's got their own path to walk. Oh, sorry."