Gaming the System

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Zelda looked away from Anna's wheelchair with embarrassment. Anna flashed her with a smile, "It's fine. I wanted to come by today to see how you were doing, but also to answer some questions. As you know, I'm a witch-"

"So says your social media handles. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you had it on vanity plates!"

Anna looked bemused. "I'm a shade over 400 years old. My kind are few in number and exist to push humanity. Each are in different ways. One cousin, for example, is more of, well... A "fairy godmother" would be the best way to explain it. We survive by doing our duty. I sustain myself by putting people like you through the curse. It's how I live, but I'm not some evil tormenter."

Anna paused to drink her tea. "Nearly 90 years ago I was injured when I fell from a horse. My kind can heal from many injuries, but slowly. You helped me greatly: If I curse someone who doesn't deserve it, I gain nothing. My target must be in need of correction, as you were. I have great power, but only within the confines of the curse as prepared when I accept the pact. I remember you were worried and you've seen the stories where someone is cursed and ends up a mindless sex-crazed fiend, and that can happen. But the energy I get from them is thin, weak and tastes bland, if that makes sense. When I can actually make someone better the feeling is like eating the a grand meal. Helping you, in my own way, earned me a glorious banquet of life-force. And I heal. I've got a way to go. I must walk my path as you said. Or roll, I guess. Thanks to helping you, you helped me and I can feel my left leg for the first time in 87 years."

Anna and Zelda talked for several hours. Zelda even convinced the youthful looking yet ancient woman to play a few games with her, and she ended up passing out on Zelda's couch. When Anna left the next day, wearing a leather bracelet adorned with a felt witch-hat Zelda had made for her, she was grateful that sometimes she did get good jobs like this. Her next one might be some irredeemable case. A waste of her time, and a thin meal to get her through the winter. If only everyone could learn something and try to improve themselves.