Gangy's Gap Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Well it was a little lower than the heart thinks I', but I had the decorum not to suggest that out loud.

"Beth, well I'll be buggered." I had the decorum for that

Georgia squeezed my arm smirking at me.

Rachael explained, "Beth has worked as a costumier in the film industry all these years she has even been an adviser on this one."

"So Mark, what have you been doing all these years, apart from being Rachael's Father?"

"Teacher."

"Oh really, I somehow imagined you would do something, somewhat more glamorous."

Beth suddenly realized what she had said was a put down, she coloured a little and started to apologize.

Oh I'm...!

Rachael chimed in, "What could be more glamorous than Agnetha and Draxas?"

My turn; "But, Beth, you of all people should appreciate the satisfaction of being a teacher and knowing the effect on people's lives. After all you were you were my teacher once, as you say, I was your protégé."

"Where is this leading, Mark?" Beth gave me a sideways look

Now I was not about to give Beth a detailed account of Claudia's and my life but I thought I would give her a hint.

"First of all you need to know that you have had more to do with this movie than you could never imagine"

"How do you mean?"

"Do you know of the butterfly effect?"

"What's that?"

"A butterfly flaps his wings in New Mexico causes a Hurricane in China. Without you and I back then, this movie would not have been made."

Silence, broken by Beth

"Are you suggesting that I had something to do with you and Claudia?"

I smiled in affirmation simply saying "And on it goes."

Beth grinned

"Ah, I think I understand, I don't think I'll ever underestimate a teacher again."

Beth tries to change the subject, turning to Rachael, "The reaction to this movie has really been quite extraordinary, I believe the US president has requested a private screening?"

"True, She has.." but Rachael had not finished with my defense from the earlier topic and quickly changed the subject.

"Dad," Rachael raised her voice, "I hadn't told you, but I got the DNA results back today."

I got a concerned yank on my arm from Georgia. We were taken aback that she would want to speak of this so publically. Despite my frown Rachael continued. She reached over and grabbed my hand "You are officially my biological Dad."

"Oh, Rachael, I clichéd, you know it was never that important to me, you have always been my girl."

Despite the platitude, I shouldn't but I allowed my heart swell with pride especially when she said, "But it was important to me, I so, so wanted you to be my real Dad."

I thought of all those guys my sperm had beaten at Arcadia and especially Claudia's brother.

Georgia got up and kissed, Rachael.

Beth took the point; she and I just smiled at one another each with a tear that stretched across so many years. Our own brief experience was so long ago, just one of those little things that ultimately shape our lives. Oh, and the lives of others.

12