Garage Story Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good night."

"Good night," I repeated.

With Herby gone, and the door closed behind me, I leaned back against it. I looked down at my silky legs protruding from under my coat. My legs ended with my little feet perched atop high heels. They looked little because of my view from above. At that moment I felt more feminine than before, like a real woman. The mental image I had of myself at that moment was of a woman, at home, after a date! It was exciting. I needed to relieve my tensions.

Pushing myself away from the door I did what so many women have done, I dreamily began undressing. With the coat in the closet, I walked into my bedroom. I looked at the woman in the mirror. The woman looked sexy. She sat on the edge of the bed and removed her shoes. She stood and reached behind herself and lowered the zipper of her dress. She began lowering her pantyhose before sitting on the bed. Walking across the room in panties and bra, she brushes her hair out. Reality did not return that evening. I fell asleep in my underwear.

During the following months Herby and I dated many times. Herby changed my life. Before Herby, I dressed after work and sat alone in my apartment. When I started dating Herby I dressed every evening to spend the time with him.

We went to the movies, restaurants, and shows. Herby introduced me to his friends. At first, I was afraid of what he told them about me. He never said anything about me or our relationship. His possessive actions with me, said it all. Everyone assumed we were an item.

I always dressed for the event. I always wore heels and pantyhose. Dressed and made up as a woman, I felt and acted like one. Herby treated me as his woman. I loved his attention. I became somewhat dependent on him. He liked my dependence on him. As his "woman" I never made independent decisions. I always wanted him to decide. He made the decision, after hearing my opinion.

I held on to his arm as we walked in the street. He opened doors for me and gave me his hand when negotiating stairs. He introduced me to his friends. I think some of his friends knew the truth about me. Whatever the case I was always treated as a woman, as his woman.

On rare occasions we spent weekends away from the big city. Although we rented one room, we slept in two double beds. He commented about how long I took to get ready. He always complimented me on how I looked.

But during the weekdays at work, I was a man. I worked for a company with about 100 employees. It was an informal atmosphere. Most people wore jeans. Some older women came dressed in business formal every day.

With the informal atmosphere of the workplace, no one paid special attention to me. Wearing female clothes every day after work affected the way I moved during the day. My long hair added to the perception that I was changing. Everything finally came to a head when a new employee addressed me as "Miss".

Thereafter, co-workers paid more attention to me. That was when they began to question my sex. My situation became more obvious when groups of women invited me to sit with them for lunch. When I did, table conversations were about "girl" stuff. No one made any direct accusation or comment. But, it was "in the air." Some people began wondering if I wasn't a woman from the very beginning of my employment.

One Friday evening we planned to go out for dinner and walk later in the park. Herby was in my apartment helping me with my coat. His hands circled my waist and the warmth of his lips on my neck was comforting. He wanted an affectionate kiss and started it by kissing my neck. It was our way of showing intimate affection for each other. We never went beyond kissing and holding as he turned me around so that we faced each other. I felt especially sexy when I looked into his eyes and we kissed. It always delayed our leaving since I had to repair my makeup.

Herby opened the door for me as usual. A woman about 2" shorter than I stood in front of the door. She was about to push the doorbell to my apartment.

"Mom!" I cried out without thinking.

It was the wrong thing to say at the wrong moment. We both stood there transfixed unable to speak. I said the wrong thing. She stood looking into my face trying to understand what was going on.

Herby opened the door further to see.

Mrs. Kaper I presume?

"Susan, why don't you invite her in?"

Herby took charge of the situation, walked past me towards my mother.

"Please, come in", Herby said as he took my mother's arm and nudged her into the apartment.

Mother followed him to the couch as though in a trance.

"May I have your coat please?"

Herby helped my mother take off her coat. He then walked over to me and helped me off with my coat.

"Please sit down."

With my mother seated on the couch, Herby brought a chair for me to sit on.

"Thank you," I said, as I smoothed my dress before sitting. My legs protruding from the bottom of the dress occupied my mother's gaze. She lifted her head to stare at my full bust line and small waist. With my hair caressing my shoulders her eyes fixed into mine. I could tell she saw beauty in my face.

"What is going on here," my mother finally got the courage to ask.

"What do you mean Mrs. Kaper?" Herby asked.

"Don't play the fool with me. I've heard the stories and read the papers. Is this some sort of kinky sex thing", she cried out.

"Claude is he forcing you to do this?"

"Mother," I stammered. "We are two guys who do a lot of things together."

"What does that mean? You don't look like two guys."

"We go to movies together. We go bowling together. We go to the theater together. We go dancing together. We even double-date together. It is easier if we appear as a couple."

"I don't understand! What is it that you want me to understand?" she asked.

"We are two guys who like each other and do a lot of things together. This is not a sexual thing."

"How can you say that? Look at yourself. You're dressed and look better than most women I know. How can you expect me to believe that you see each other as two guys."

"Mom, that is the way it is. It is also true that while I am a guy, attracted to girls, I am very comfortable dressing this way. I may appear feminine, and in fact may act very feminine. But, I am comfortable this way."

"You expect me to believe all this?"

"We were planning to go out this evening. I am sure it is OK with Herby. Would you like to join us?"

"You're kidding, aren't you? You expect me to go out with my son dressed as a woman accompanied by his gay friend?"

"Neither of us are gay. Will you please join us?"

I rose as Herby brought my coat. Mother was unsure what to do.

"Might as well see the whole thing, she said absentmindedly to herself.

Mother rose as Herby brought her coat.

Herby continued to treat me as a lady. And he took special care to treat my mother a little better.

We stood in the hallway as Herby locked the door. Mother looked at me head to foot.

"I can't believe it. You look so much like a woman! Did you have an operation? Are you taking drugs or medicines?"

"No mother. I wear padding for my figure. I never had a real facial hair or an Adams apple. My skin is naturally smooth which helps with the way I look."

Herby walked up between us and took our arms as we walked towards the elevator.

"Now Mrs. and Miss, it would be so much more pleasant if you didn't fight this evening.

Down the elevator and out the building Herby continued to talk about all the things we'd done. Then he began talking about our relationship and how much he valued it. "When Claude was Claude he was insecure and boring. But Claude as Susan is sparkling in confidence."

My personality as a woman sparkled?

Herby impressed my mother. We went to a small restaurant with low lighting and background music. We sat down at a booth with Herby beside me. I was Susan. Was I acting?.

By the end of dinner, mother was referring to me in the female tense. Herby had a way of explaining things that made sense to her. She lost her bitterness and hostility to the situation. She began enjoying the little girl things we could share and talk about. By the end of the evening she focused on my taste in clothing and men.

We arrived home after walking in the park. Mother appeared to accept the new me. She spoke to me about "girl" things and watched my reaction. I giggled when I thought something was funny. I commented on what other women wore. I praised Herby.

Herby walked us up to my door. Before closing the door and leaving to go home, we kissed, as was our norm. Mother watched as I allowed him to embrace me and sustain a long slow lip locking kiss.

Once inside with the door closed mother looked at me. "And you never have sex with him?"

"Nope."

"Do you love him?"

"Maybe. If I do then. . . I don't know. If I was a biological woman, I would agree that I love him. Since I am not a biological woman, and I am not gay, I am not sure how to describe my feelings for him.

"Do you think he loves you?"

"Yes, I think he does love me as a woman. He intellectually knows I am a guy. Emotionally he responds to me as a woman. I think love is an emotional thing. The problem is, my emotions are all over the place.

"How do both of you stand it? I can see how very fond you are of each other. Don't you need something more than a kiss and a hug?"

"It would be nice, but we are both guys, and we are both attracted to girls. Herby dates girls on occasion and I assume sleeps with them. I masturbate when I need it. Our relationship is more important."

Mother had nothing to say. There was nothing she could say. We took our coats off and hung them in the front closet. As I opened the closet door mother noticed how many clothes I had.

"Where, and how did you get so many clothes? They look a bit out of fashion, but otherwise in good condition. Do you live more as a man or woman?" she asked.

"I got the clothes at a garage sale, along with Herby. It is a very long story. I'll tell you at another time."

I pulled out the sleeper bed knowing that my mother would sleep in my bed for the night. There was not much conversation as we prepared for sleep. My mother was always dressed nicely. Having a second daughter that she could talk with was a plus. Instead of seeing her son in a dress She saw a second daughter, albeit, part-time. It was almost comical when both of us were looking in the mirror at the same time, taking off our makeup.

I woke early and began cleaning the house while mother still slept. When she came out of the bedroom she found me dressed (as Susan) and doing housework.

"Do you always dress like this?"

"Like what mother?"

"You know, like a woman."

"It is how I am comfortable."

"How do you go to work?"

"I dress as a guy. When I started working there, there was no doubt that I was a guy. Now, some people are not sure and others are sure I am a woman. Whatever, it doesn't bother me. I get along with everyone."

"Have any guys made a pass at you?"

"Because people at work are not sure if I am a guy or gal, no one has made a pass at me. Some male visitors assume I am a woman. They have hit on me many times. Most times I tell them that I am not gay. If they don't understand, I tell them I use the men's room. If I came to work one day decked out in a dress, no one would be surprised."

"Doesn't it bother you?"

"No."

"What are we going to do today?"

"I hadn't thought about it. Your visit is a surprise. Since you like shopping, and I need a few things, we could go shopping together."

"You mean as two women?"

"Yes. Can you handle it?

"After last night, I think so."

"Good, what would you like for breakfast? Then we'll go."

The morning began slowly. Mother was not sure what to talk about. I washed the dishes and watched as mother wandered through the apartment. She looked into all the nooks and crannies.

"Find anything you like?" I asked

"I wondered how you live."

"Generally in my spare time I live as a woman. During work, I try and maintain the image of a guy, though an effeminate one. Herby and I have lots of friends. Although they treat us as a couple, some know I am a guy. In mixed company I spend my time with the girls. Herby spends his time with the guys."

"Claude, or should I call you Susan? I don't know how to react. I don't know what to make of this."

"Use the name that fits the way I am dressed. The quick and easy answer is that we are both happy. Neither of us knows where we would like this relationship to go. We take each day at a time."

"What about the future? What about a long term mate? What about kids?"

"Friends suggest we move in together. In a way it makes sense. Aside from work we are always together."

The phone rang. It was Herby. I smiled as he asked how it was going. I told him fine. We had plans for the theater with friends. He wanted to know if my mother would like to join us, he could get another ticket.

"Mother are you free to go out with us again tonight?"

Without asking where, she nodded her approval.

The day went pretty well. Mother concentrated her efforts on dealing with shopping and not on my life. She insisted on helping me decide what was appropriate for a young woman my age. My mom fell into the swing of things quickly. My mother accepted the fact that we were buying women's clothing for both of us.

At five PM in my apartment I told mother that we were going to the theater. She was in a panic; she didn't have the correct clothes. But I did. She picked some clothes out of my closets and went to the bedroom to get dressed. I dressed in the bathroom.

By the time she came out I was dressed. She looked me up and down.

"Gosh, you are beautiful."

"Thank you mother. I hope Herby likes it."

I could see that look of puzzlement on her face.

I was wearing a tight-fitting long dress with a slit up the side to show leg. It was see-through black. My slender legs encased in black nylons protruded from the bottom of the dress as I teetered on 4" open sandals. The dress has a low neckline, not enough to show cleavage though. Hanging off my twin protrusions is a pearl necklace that falls halfway to my waist. I had matching earrings and a bracelet to compliment the outfit.

With everything showing, my mother asked, "dear, are you sure you're still a guy?"

"Yes mother, I did not have an operation, nor do I take hormones. Herby and I have talked about my starting hormones. It would be for cosmetic reasons only. Right now, I am wearing padded panties and prosthetics to give me the shape you see. Wearing this type of clothing every day is also forcing my body into this shape."

"Well dear, you would fool anyone."

Herby showed up 6:30. He was wearing a tuxedo. He is always a gentleman. He helped us on without coats and escorted us out the doorway to the elevator. Herby kept up a monologue about the theater and what we were going to see. It sounded like a lot of fun.

Herby knew the feminine me and made sure to always offer me a hand when I needed it. The tight dress and high heels were very restrictive. I made sure that Herby didn't forget mother's feminine needs.

At the theater we met two couples whom we originally planned to meet. Mother was introduced to them as my mother. We started up the stairs to our seats with Herby holding my hand. I needed his help while wearing high heels. Mother was behind us in shorter heels.

Herby had arranged for us to sit nearby. I was to his left, mother to his right. Our friends were in the row behind us. Before the show started we were all talking. The girls complimented me on my dress. Their guys added their own compliments. It is hard to describe, but I appreciated the compliments. Mother was intrigued with the compliments and lively conversation between us. Herby as usual had his arm around me. Mother noticed that as well.

The show was great. Down in the lobby afterwards the guys went to get the coats. That left us girls to banter away. Mother joined us, forgetting, that I was a guy.

After the show we had reservations for a dinner and a dancing club.

We got to the club in two cars. We were escorted in then sat at a large round table. The girls and I talked non-stop. There was so much to talk about. Mother looked at me as though seeing me for the first time. I had always been on the quiet side. As Susan, I was as vocal as the other women. The guys listened and were otherwise quiet. One subject that Herby and I disagreed about was the equality of the sexes. When that subject arose it was evident where my passions lay. To my way of thinking, there was no equality, nor should there be. Men and women are different. That does not mean we cannot do the same job. Mother was surprised with my views which mirrored the views of the other women a the table.

Somewhat later there was a mix of show and dancing. I danced with Herby the first two dances. We danced closely, as usual. He danced the next few dances with my mother. She took the opportunity of asking him about our relationship and where he expected it to go. When he explained that he expected me to be in his life for the rest of our lives, my mother questioned how. There was no immediate answer. One of the wives was not feeling well, so I danced with her husband while mother was interrogating Herby.

"Does the guy Susan is dancing with know that Susan (Claude) is a guy?" mother asked Herby of our friends.

"Yes, they all know."

"And they have no objections?"

"It is hard to explain. Susan may be a man biologically, but she has the personality of a woman. Everyone, myself included, reacts to her personality. The way she dresses matches her personality. Thus, everything you see is in sync. It all makes sense."

"In some odd way, I almost understand you. But it bothers me that my son should be this way."

"Look at it another way," Herby said to my mother. "He is happy."

The remaining few days that mother spent with us went pretty well. Towards the end she stopped questioning the situation and accepted it. I was her offspring and that was that.

I could tell she liked Herby. He lavished praises on her and helped her like a gentleman. The way he treated me also helped make up her mind. Anyone who treated her child as he did, has to be OK.

I was sad to see my mother go home. In those few days we had gotten so close. Our tears caused both our makeup's to run as we hugged each other. We laughed that we both had the same problem.

With my mother gone our life continued as before, except that now we were a little closer. Herby had met my mother and won her approval.

Touching was a norm for us. Sex was never an issue. I often wondered if it was on Herby's mind.

"Don't you ever want more than just being with me," I would ask.

"Sometimes. It is just that you are such a charge for me that having you around is enough."

"For how long?"

** END CHAPTER THREE

12