Getting By

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His mother snorted and looked him in the face. "Is that what you call it now? You keep them company when they're lonesome? You're really doing what they say you are aren't you? You're sleeping with women who are even older than I am. I just can't believe it. WHY? I just don't understand. Whatever could have possessed you to do something like that? How could you take advantage of those old women like that?"

"Mom it's NOT like that. I'm not taking advantage of them. We're friends." Jerrod smiled a little sickly smile and continued, "I guess the term nowadays is friends with benefits. I didn't go looking for them. They all came to me and I guess seduced me. Doris was the first and I didn't know what to do. I just followed her lead I guess. Then she told some of her friends and the others came to me for the same thing. I finally had to put my foot down and tell them I was not interested in adding more lovers to my life. I told them I didn't mind having other ladies as my friends but to stop letting the older women know I was available for sex. I'm afraid some still come on to me because they need a man badly. I have hurt some feelings because I won't add more women to the group. Having said that, we all decided what we were doing wasn't hurting anyone and we enjoyed it so there was nothing wrong with it."

"Nothing wrong with it? Jerrod of course there is something wrong with it. Your father and I raised you to know better than that. It's immoral and indecent. Those women are too old for you. You all should be ashamed of yourselves."

Mom I guess I'm not real proud of myself but I'm not ashamed either. Those old ladies are my friends and we help each other. We're always careful and I would be very surprised if anyone knows for sure what we do. Or maybe I wouldn't. I'm sure some of their friends know we are intimate. I have gotten some hints from some of the other older women that I would be welcome to come spend time with them but I ignore them. Some nights I am with the ladies all we do is visit and play cards. We all get together occasionally and just visit and have fun like normal friends do. Other times I do go to bed with one or another of them but it is a mutual thing. Like Doris told me everyone has needs and what's wrong about getting them met. Don't you wish you had someone to hold and hold you, to be with sometimes?"

"Jerrod that's none of your business young man. I loved your father deeply and now he's gone. Of course I miss him and what we had but he's gone. I haven't gone out and found a man younger than my children to rut around with. How could you ask me about that?"

"Mom I'm sorry. All I meant was they're lonesome. I was lonesome. We had physical and emotional needs that we are helping each other fill. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. I'm sorry if what I do hurts you or embarrasses you but it's my life. If I embarrass you I will find another place to live so you don't have to put up with it. I'm sorry."

Jerrod stood to leave the table. His mother sat staring at him for a moment then she sighed. "No Jerrod. You were right. We all have needs and one thing I need is my son here to keep me company. That is all I need from you though young man. Do you understand me? And please be more discrete. I hate to hear about your shenanigans from the preacher and those old biddies at the church. Do you know how embarrassing it is to know my son is a gigolo?"

"Mom I'm NOT a gigolo. I have never taken money from those women and I have no intention of doing so. All I am is their friend. I'm someone who helps them through their lonesome lives. Now are we done here?"

Over the course of the next several weeks Jerrod and his lady friends settled into a strange relationship. He saw his mother every weekday morning and at noon while he was working at the cabinet shop. After he quit working for the day he quickly showered and took off for the home of one of his friends except for Thursdays and Sundays when he stayed home with his mother. Sometimes he came home at night and other times he didn't. He probably wasn't getting sex any more than a married man did. Many nights all he and his 'date' did was visit and enjoy each other's company. Sometimes he and his women and some other elderly friends all got together for a visit or meal. He averaged sex with Doris, Edwina or Frances each about every ten days. For some reason each of the ladies had chosen a specific day for him to visit. Doris was Monday, Edwina Tuesday, Frances Wednesday. Jerrod spent Thursday with his mother and Friday he spent with Hope because she liked to go out more than the other ladies did. Many Friday evenings they went to Centerton for a nice meal and then dancing.

Jerrod spent the entire night with Hope when they were together and they almost always had sex. The dancing and nights out always seemed to inflame her passions. One Friday night about 3 a.m. Jerrod and Hope were going at it as they normally do. He was between her legs slamming his cock deeply into her over and over like she enjoyed. She was screaming out her pleasure while her fingers raked across his back. She was slamming her pelvis up to meet him thrust for thrust.

Just as they were both about the go over the edge Hope's bedroom door slammed open and bounced off the wall. Jerrod was so startled he jerked his cock from Hope just as they both came. His seed spewed out and all over Hope and the bed. He was turning his head toward the door when he was hit in the side. He felt instant pain shoot through his body as he rolled off the bed onto the floor.

Jerrod rolled into a ball clutching his side when he saw denim covered legs come into view. He looked up and saw a young woman holding a ball bat glaring at him. "You just stay right there asshole. If you move before the police get here I'll beat you til you never move again."

The woman turned to Hope who was still staring at her and said, "Are you ok Mom? Can you call the police or do I need to? He didn't hurt you did he?"

Hope was crying and shook her head. She shook her head no and jumped from the bed. She knelt beside Jerrod and gently rolled him over. She placed her hand on his cheek and said, "Are you ok Jerrod Honey? Can you move? Do you need an ambulance?"

"MOM! Get away from him before he hurts you again. Why are you worried about that asshole anyway?"

Hope looked up at the woman and said, "Barbara Honey he wasn't hurting me. Now put the bat down and help me get him into bed then you go get some ice and a wet washrag."

Jerrod grimaced and groaned slightly when the two women lifted him and helped him back into Hope's bed. Barbara went for the ice and rag her mother requested. Jerrod had a large spot where Barbara hit his hip and side that was rapidly turning black. Hope wrapped the ice in the rag and gently placed it on the injury.

Hope covered Jerrod with the sheet and put on her robe. She sat on the edge of the bed and laid her hand on Jerrod's forehead. She looked up at the young woman standing staring at her. "Barbara I'm sorry you saw that. What are you doing here anyway? Where's Toby?"

Barbara sank into the chair in her mother's bedroom and began crying. "I've left him momma. I'm going to file for divorce. I caught him cheating on me again tonight so I packed up and came home to you." She looked over at Jerrod and continued, "Since you're so calm and concerned for that man I assume I jumped to the wrong conclusion. I'm sorry mom. He's a little young for you isn't he?"

"Honey this is Jerrod. I guess we're what you young folks call friends with benefits. He has sort of adopted some of us lonesome ladies here in town since he moved home when his daddy died."

"My GOD. You mean he, uh, you're not the only one he, uh takes care of?"

Hope smiled and gently said, "No Honey. There are four of us that I know of. Doris sort of introduced us to him. We all get together sometimes and play cards or visit and he spends some alone time with us. We just keep each other from being so damn lonesome."

"Doris? That skank from the dances? You mean you still run around with her? And he is with all of you?" Barbara blushed and continued, "I mean, how could you all be together at once?"

Hope barked out a little laugh and said, "No Barbara. NOT like that. I mean we visit and have meals together sometimes. We're friends. We also have some alone time with him from time to time. If we're alone we do whatever we feel like. Sometimes we just visit or cuddle, sometimes we go out and sometimes we do other things."

Jerrod drifted off to sleep and the women went into the living room. Hope looked at Barbara and said, "Honey I'm sorry about Toby. I always knew he was trash. He was like that growing up. You know I tried to talk you out of marrying him but you thought you knew best. Now that's all I'm going to say about that. Of course you can move back home if you want to but Barbara you need to know if Jerrod wants to I'm still going to see him along. He's the best thing that has happened to me since your father died and I'm not going to run him off."

Things were a little strange and uncomfortable at Hope's house the next few weeks as Barbara settled in. She still didn't like the idea of her mother's lover being her same age and she especially didn't like trying to sleep the nights they were making love for hours on end.

To his sorrow Jerrod and her friends had to watch Doris begin sinking into infirmity. She was now almost 66 years old and looked older. Her memory was slipping slightly and she was taking heavy doses of medication for almost uncontrollable high blood pressure. Her hard life and poor eating habits had caught up with her. Jerrod still spent time visiting with her and some evenings he even slept with her but it had been months since they had sex. A time or two they did use KY to lube Doris up before they quit having sex but the intercourse was not pleasurable for either of them. They sadly decided that unless she got better there was no reason to continue that part of their relationship.

Jerrod and his group of lady friends became more and more worried about Doris. She was slowing down. It had been several months since she and Jerrod had sex by now. One day Frances called him at work crying. "Jerrod," she said, "We had to put Doris in the hospital this morning. I hadn't heard from her since Tuesday morning so dropped by to see her. She was lying on the kitchen floor. The doctor says she had a stroke Jerrod. I know she would like it if you can get out to visit her."

Doris recognized her friends but the stroke had affected her speech. She lingered on for another three days then in the night she had another stroke and died. Jerrod was at Hope's home that evening when they got the word. All the friends gathered there to grieve. Jerrod sat with his arms resting on his knees. Tears were running down his cheeks.

The old women were sad but they weren't crying like Jerrod. Barbara was scurrying around trying to make things easier for the women and Jerrod. When she saw him crying she sat beside him and wrapped her arm around him. She let her head rest on his shoulder. She didn't say anything for a long time then she said, "You loved her didn't you Jerrod?"

Jerrod nodded his head and said, "Yeah. She was sort of like the grandma I never knew and a girlfriend and friend all rolled into one." He raised his head a little and looked at the other ladies in the room. He licked his lips and continued, "I love them all and I hate the thought of this happening again. Seems like every woman I get close to leaves me or dies or something."

Jerrod was more upset at Doris's passing than the ladies. Since he felt closer to Hope he spent most of his free time with her. His mother didn't understand and was a little hurt by his attitude. She had tried to comfort him and felt rebuffed. The first Monday after Doris was buried Jerrod was at a loss. Gail worried about him and finally sent him home in mid afternoon.

Jerrod wandered into the house but couldn't relax. He had nowhere to go. He drank three beers and just walked out. He got into his truck and drove over to Doris's house. He used his key and went inside. He crawled into her bed and went to sleep with his head on her pillow.

Jerrod had ignored his mother when he left that afternoon. She had been talking to him and he just stared through her. He didn't answer any of her questions about where he was going or when he would be back. She knew he usually spent Monday evenings with Doris. About ten p.m. she began calling him to check on him. He didn't answer his cell phone. Finally in desperation she began calling the women she knew he visited to see if he was ok. Of course none of them had seen him so they all began worrying. Hope was frantic and rushed out of her house to try and find Jerrod. Barbara offered to help her search. The town was small so the two women hopped in their cars and began driving the streets checking at all the places he might be.

Barbara was the one who had the idea of checking at Doris's old house. When she pulled into the yard she found Jerrod's truck there. She knocked on the door but got no answer. Finally she walked into the dark house. She was afraid of what she would find but she searched on. When she got to the bedroom she found Jerrod curled up hugging a pillow sleeping.

She gently sat on the bed beside him and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Jerrod," she whispered. "Are you ok?" She shook him gently to wake him. Jerrod rolled slightly and looked up at Barbara. She could see the sorrow in his face. "Jerrod are you ok," she asked again.

This time Jerrod heard her and nodded his head yes then said, "Yeah, I'm fine. What are you doing here?"

"Your mother was worried about you. When you didn't answer your phone she began calling all your friends and we got worried when none of us could find you. Can I do anything for you Jerrod?"

"No. I just need to be alone."

"NO! That's the last thing you need Jerrod."

Jerrod just rolled away from Barbara again and lay quietly. His breathing was broken up and his eyes were watering slightly. Barbara rose and walked quietly from the room. When she got to the living room she called Kelly and told her she had found Jerrod at Doris's old home and that he was fine. "He was asleep when I got here Kelly. I woke him up and he said he was ok then just rolled over and went back to sleep. I don't think there is anything wrong with him except he missed Doris. He's in her bed hugging her pillow. I'll stay here with him tonight to be sure he does ok. Would you call everyone and let them know I've found him?"

Barbara sat in the dark living room for a while then exhaustion overcame her. She heard Jerrod moaning and muttering so she walked into the bedroom once more. He was still hugging the pillow. Barbara lay on the bed behind him and spooned up against his back. She wrapped her arm around him and held him to her.

When he felt Barbara snuggle against him Jerrod relaxed and dropped off into a deep sleep. Barbara rapidly dropped off to sleep also. The sun hitting her in the eye woke her the next morning. Jerrod was still wrapped in her arms. She lay holding him and felt herself moisten slightly. It felt so good to wake up holding a man again. She smiled to herself and thought I know why those old women enjoy Jerrod so much.

Jerrod woke and felt the very feminine body behind him. He was disoriented for a short time then he recognized his location. After all he had been in this bedroom many times in the past. He knew Doris was dead but he didn't know who was holding him. He moved away from his sleeping partner slightly and turned to face her. He was positive it was female because of the nice breasts pushing against his back and because of the feminine hand and arm around his chest.

His eyes opened in shock when he saw he had been snuggling with Barbara. He pushed back a little farther and said, "What are you doing here?"

"Your mother got worried about you Jerrod and called all your friends hunting you when you didn't answer your cell. Remember I told you that last night when I found you? Since none of us knew where you were we decided we needed to find you. I don't know why I decided to come check on Doris's old house but I did. I came in and found you sleeping on her bed. I woke you but you didn't want to move. I decided to just stay with you last night to be sure you were ok. Remember?"

"Yeah, I'm ok I guess. You didn't have to stay here though. I know how you feel about me and your mother. I'll be fine."

The two acquaintances were just laying looking at each other when they heard a door close and voices in the living room. Kelly yelled, "Jerrod are you back there? Are you ok Honey?" There were footsteps coming closer then Kelly and Hope walked into the bedroom. Jerrod rolled away from Barbara and sat on the edge of the bed. He looked up at his mother in time to take a Styrofoam cup of coffee from her hand. Hope handed a similar cup to Barbara.

Barbara sat on the side of the bed beside him and wrapped him in a hug. His mother sat on the other side of him and tried to do the same thing. She gave him a gentle kiss and said, "We were so worried about you son. Please don't ever do something like that again."

The three women talked Jerrod into leaving with them. They made Jerrod ride to the local café with Barbara where Jerrod, his mother and all his remaining lady friends had breakfast together. Jerrod rode with his mother back to Doris's house after breakfast to get his truck then followed her home so he could go to work.

Jerrod healed over the course of the next few weeks but at times he still missed Doris greatly. All of the friends did. Jerrod found himself attending some of the support group meetings with his mother too. Somehow Jerrod added Doris's Monday to the days he spent with Hope and Barbara. He also found himself looking forward to seeing and talking to Barbara as much or more than he did Hope and definitely more than he did the other two ladies. He was glad he and Barbara had become such good friends. He felt great when she saw him and gave him that 1,000 watt smile. He loved some of the conversations they had with each other too.

Many evenings when he got to Hope's house he and Barbara would sit on the couch and talk. She seemed to sit closer and closer to him as time progressed. A time or two he would look up and see Hope watching the two of them as they talked and visited. He couldn't describe the look on her face. Was it puzzled or sorry or what? He didn't know and didn't know why she had started looking at him that way.

He felt odd now visiting Hope in her house and sleeping with her. Sometimes the look on Barbara's face when he and Hope left for a night on the town almost hurt him. She looked so sad and lonesome. One evening when he got there he saw Barbara smile when he opened the door. She walked up to him and gave him a quick hug then a gentle kiss on the lips. She stepped back and said, "Mom's about ready Jerrod. You doing anything special tonight?"

Jerrod looked up and saw Hope standing in her hallway looking at them once more. He smiled at her and turned his attention back to Barbara as he said, "No, not really. We're just going to town for a nice meal and then we'll catch a movie." He started to walk past Barbara and had a thought. "Hey," he said. "Why don't you come along with us?"

Jerrod looked up at Hope and saw a strange look on her face once more and said, "You don't mind do you Hope? I'm sorry I should have asked you first."

Barbara felt her heart lurch when Jerrod asked her to come with them then it sank. She knew she couldn't do that. She was interfering with her mother's life way too much as it was. She looked at her mother and saw a strange look on her face. She knew she didn't want her to go and be a third wheel.

1...345678