Girlfriend With Something Extra Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He didn't forget to text her when he got home either!

...

They'd been texting non-stop for the past week. The day after their date Mel had finally texted him in the early afternoon, complaining about being hungover; Alex chastised her jokingly, scolding her and telling her he wouldn't let her drink the next time around. She apologized - he could see her pouting through the phone - and inquired about if she'd done anything embarrassing. All he told her about besides the kissing she did remember was that she called him her boyfriend. It took her a while to reply after that, clearly nervous about what his response was, but he reassured he was happy about that. And so they were officially a couple!

Both found themselves unfortunately busy after that, Alex with work and Mel with classes, regretfully unable to see each other despite living so close by. When they did make plans, Melanie reminded him of what she'd said that night, wanting him to come over for a night in, movies and popcorn on the menu. He accepted the invitation eagerly, and they worked out the rest of the details, picking a day that she didn't have a paper to finish and one that he didn't have to wake up early the next on. A third date solidified by kissing-emojis and smiley-faces and excitement. Alone and in private. Together.

That's where Alex found himself now.

Standing outside her apartment door he was dressed more casually than he had on their dates before, wearing a tight white t-shirt and basketball shorts. In one hand he had a dozen roses, and bunched under his arms was a couple six-packs of beer - something for both of them. Though he'd messaged her when he was on his way, he knocked and waited to be let in, smiling wide, his leg shaking against the floor impatiently. He was so nervous! There was something different about going over to her place now, the intimacy of being together not in public suggesting something else was in store for them, something more. A detail that hadn't been present when they were just friends.

Alex's thoughts returned to the night he'd dropped her off right where he was standing. What would sex be like between them? Would he be able to do the same things he did with his other partners? Did she expect him to touch her... her dick? He had come to peace that that was what he'd felt against his leg when she was drunk, but he couldn't say the same for how he felt about it. Having never been with a man - or a woman with a penis, for that matter - he didn't know what was expected of him, or even how he'd proceed once it was out in the open. Could he do the things she wanted, the things he should do for his girlfriend, without hating every moment of it? Ugh, he was getting ahead of himself!

Only time would tell, after all.

"Alex!" Melanie opened the door with her usual enthusiasm, breaking him from his contemplation, "You're here!"

"I am," he chuckled, "and I brought gifts."

He thrust the bunch of flowers toward her, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Oh my God Alex! They're so beautiful!" She brought the roses to her nose and inhaled deeply, "You didn't need to to get me anything!"

"Of course I did Mel, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?"

She blushed at the mention of their relationship status.

"And I brought these!"

Alex held up the beers next to his face, shaking them back and forth, the glass bottles rattling.

"Libations! And I see you remembered my favorite brand!"

"Yep, one pack for me, one for you!"

"You're such a sweetheart. Come in, please!"

Nodding at her, Alex shoveled past her, having to squeeze between her body and the doorway. Shutting the door behind him she led him deeper into her home, Alex kicking off his sandals out of politeness next to a pile of already-present shoes, and followed her. Melanie continued to marvel at the roses, smelling them and holding them up to her chest; she was wearing a loose, black tank-top and a knee-length matching skirt, an odd choice Alex made note of considering they weren't going out anywhere. Maybe she just wanted to look good for him! Entering the living room, Alex noticed a blonde woman sitting on a couch.

"Who was at the door Melanie? Was it-" the girl stopped speaking suddenly, her eyes narrowing from behind her black-rimmed glasses at Alex; he looked back at her and then towards Melanie uncomfortably, unsure of why this person was staring at him in such a scrutinizing manner. Mel seemed to hardly notice that she was being addressed, still too consumed by the romanticism of her boyfriend's gift, holding the flowers in the air like a child with a brand new toy. The blonde rolled her eyes at Alex and looked over at Mel, exasperation etched across her features.

"Another one, Mel? Seriously? This is the like the third guy in a mo-"

"Barbara, this is Alex, my boyfriend!" Melanie cut her off with a stern glare, craning her head to the side in a pointed manner, "Alex, this is my roommate Barbara."

After an awkward pause they greeted each other politely, though Alex felt like he was caught in the middle of a battlefield.

"Anyway, look what Alex got for me! Aren't they beautiful?"

She held out the flowers towards Barbara, waving them back and forth.

"Super pretty!" Barbara complimented, smiling, more relaxed than she was moments before, "What a nice gift. He must be a real charmer!"

"An absolute gentleman!"

The ladies chuckled.

"I think there's a vase in the closet in the hallway if you want to get those in some water."

"Perfect!"

As Melanie put her roses in their new home, Alex stood somewhat awkwardly in place, Barbara's words lingering on his mind; what did she mean third!? Trying to clear his thoughts lest he contemplate the blonde's words for too long, he busied himself by looking around the apartment, having been here before but only briefly, never spending more than a few minutes inside. It was a usual college apartment - or at least what he guessed what one might look like - books and papers scattered around on different surfaces, the furniture appearing to be second-hand bought and mismatched, a few paintings and pictures lining the walls. It was still nice and certainly better decorated than his own! His eyes roamed over Barbara for a moment, muttering a silent 'thanks' to himself when he saw that she was looking at her phone and not him.

"There we go!" Melanie announced, setting the vase of roses on the kitchen counter, "I hope they stay fresh for awhile!"

"I'll just buy you some more if they die," Alex offered, moving closer to her like a lost child, "or maybe just some fake ones instead so they'll last forever."

"That's not the same and you know it!"

"Just saying - it'd be a lot easier!"

Melanie rolled her eyes at him.

"Come on, let me show you to my room."

Once more Alex was led through the apartment.

"Don't have too much fun you two!" Barbara called out behind them, "I don't want to have to deal with the neighbors complaining about noise again!"

"No clue what you're talking about!" Melanie said back quickly as pushed Alex into her room, a dumb grin on his face, an annoyed look on hers, "I'm a chaste, proper girl."

"Suuuure you are! And I'm the Queen of France!"

"Then I'll see you later, your majesty."

The sound of Barbara's laughing was muffled as Melanie slammed the door behind them. Alex looked around her bedroom with the same inquisitiveness, finding it similar to the decor he'd already seen - the main difference being the laptop and piles of clothes layering the carpet. Mementos of the past and her time so far in college sat on her desk, a particular framed picture of them from high school catching his eye; it was from a basketball game they'd attended as seniors, both of them making stupid faces at the camera. He was surprised she had it printed - surprised and elated. His eyes fell over Melanie's bed - which was bigger than he expected - and it made him wonder about her roommate's comments before they secluded themselves from her.

Was Mel a screamer or something? Did she fuck a lot of guys? Had the girl he'd known for so long changed that much since she left highschool? It wasn't like he could judge - Alex had more than a few notches on his bedpost, most of them one-night stands or short flings. All the same, it made him feel not as special that Mel had slept with other people, as shallow as it was; he didn't know why he expected her to be inexperienced in that way. She was a gorgeous, outgoing woman after all! Probably just a prejudice leftover from the past, one he didn't realize he still possessed. Deciding it wasn't anything worth fretting over, Alex relaxed. He was here to spend time with his girlfriend, not question her life choices!

"Sorry about her, she can be so obtuse sometimes!"

Alex's eyes narrowed at her though his smile didn't falter.

"Is that right? I wonder what she was talking about though, with you being so pure and all..." He paused and tapped a case of beer on his chin for added effect, making a show of being in deep thought, "...could it be that you actually bring a lot of guys to your room!?"

Melanie huffed at his teasing and cocked her hips.

"That's none of your business! Besides, I don't ask you about your conquests, now do I? And let me tell you mister, I've heard some stories!"

Alex gave her a confused, concerned look.

"Wait, what? Who do you know that I-"

"I'm not telling!"

She glared hard at him before bursting into a fit of laughter at his dumbfounded expression.

"It's okay Alex, I'm just teasing. I don't think it's weird that either of us have been with other people. That's all in the past anyway."

Melanie pressed herself against him suddenly.

"Because you're mine now, got it?"

"You got it, captain!" It was his turn to laugh as she rolled her eyes at him again, wishing that he could pick her up and kiss her - but his hands were still filled with beer! She did it for him like she was reading his mind, standing on her toes to reach his face, Alex still needing to bend his neck so that their lips could connect. Her hands grabbed his hips, holding him tightly as they kissed for a few long moments like they were picking up right where they'd left off a few nights before; Melanie's breasts pushing into his stomach made it even harder to not drop the six-packs, his arms twitching as he held back from acting on instinct. Mel pulled back after some time, smiling gently at him, her eyes scanning over his features.

He gave her a smile back and then wiggled his arms.

"So, uh, where can I put the drinks?"

...

12