All Comments on 'Goalposts Pt. 02'

by stickygirl

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Rob_RoyaleRob_Royaleover 1 year ago

Very well done. Great writing and the story was sweet and romantic. A 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another group of females who can't carry on a relationship with a man because of their own failures as women.

stickygirlstickygirlover 1 year agoAuthor

Dear Anon. Please don't be bitter that you can't have everything your way and that women have minds of their own, and choices.

OmenainenOmenainenover 1 year ago

Right! Thank you so much for posting in my event! Now what to say, except that I despise the anonymous there…

I don’t know if you’re collecting categories, but this might have been in celebrities and fanfic too, when it features an actual person 😁 (personally I know zip about football so I had to check…)

Lovely story, a brief look into the world of these women. I hope them all the good when they pursue their relationship. I’m wondering what I missed not having read the first part, and also this reads like there could (should?) be part three. So well done in making me be curious about their lives :-)

redbow_kimeeredbow_kimeeover 1 year ago

I absolutely loved goalposts 1, really interesting to read about team sports as a trans person who's always preferred solitary sports. This one was good too, but the passage of time was either not entirely clear, or a bit too compressed. Did it take place over a couple of weeks or a couple of months? I know it's lit and all, but I think the quick uptake of romance hindered expressions of emotion about returning to football. It is more or less stated she was passed over for promotion, but I was still surprised that Vicki jumped so quickly to go back to soccer. Also surprised how apparently quickly she and Leah got together romantically.

I think a non-erotic story could have been more interesting, to explore the emotions involved in returning to football after being scorned so harshly.

stickygirlstickygirlover 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks redbow and I'm flattered that you took the time to make these valid points. I agree with most but felt the need to balance a hot story for Lit with something that gave time for the story to develop more fully.

Vicki's return to football took six years and her insightful comment ‘You get weary of anger’ tells us how we all must come to terms with unfairness in our lives. Support staff compete for places on major sports events and she’s right to shrug off losing to a more qualified doctor.

She accepts the invite to St George’s unaware of the surprise offer from Sarina and it is an amazing opportunity for her. She’s building a career in physio, so though she’s been treated badly in the past, Sarina extends the olive branch.

I gave a lot of thought to Leah. The real person is uncomfortable in front of the camera and is sensibly guarded with the media. That feeds into her characterisation, which makes her seem cold initially but her respect for Vicki as a player helps bridge the gap. IRL their relationship would have taken weeks to develop, not the couple of weeks the story suggests. I feel guilty for not giving them more time, but in the context of a story for Lit, I felt I had to compromise.

Feedback like this is great and is something I'll reflect on. Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userstickygirl@stickygirl
I want to make you laugh and cry by writing about what’s in people’s hearts as much as what happens between their legs: romance with a helping of loving sex. My stories are respectful of transgender people: real people with honest feelings. Thanks for stopping by.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Goalposts Pt. 01 Previous Part
Goalposts Series Info