Good Neighbors Ch. 171

Story Info
An embarrassing situation.
1.1k words
4.76
1.6k
1
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 172 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers

The first thing I did was make sure the blanket was wrapped around me as much as possible. I then quietly as I could slipped off the couch and started to walk into the bedroom. Except, the living room and dining room are connected without much of a wall separating the two. It was then the cat calls began.

"Woo hoo! You didn't tell us you hired a stripper for our entertainment," Aubrey commented loudly.

I froze.

The girls were entertained by my situation, to say the least. I turned and saw Janet reach into her purse. I was praying it was not for a camera or her cell.

'I wonder if I brought any singles with me," she said.

I went from sneaking to running as I made it to the room and closed the door before looking for anything to slip on. I found a pair of sweatpants handy and a t-shirt. I quickly found a pair of boxers and slipped them on first before putting the rest of the clothes on. Sadly, I found nothing to hide the crimson hue on my cheeks before I walked back out to jeers from all three ladies before they started laughing again.

As I approached the table, they all looked at me. My fiancée was dressed in her hoodie and lounge pants from earlier. She had her hair up a little and was sporting the ring on her finger. Aubrey was in a pink track suit. Janet was in a business dress suit as per usual. I doubted if she ever wore less than that on a normal basis. It was as I thought about it that there was a fourth voice coming from the bathroom.

"Did I miss the show?"

I looked in fear as I saw Shannon. Shannon is Matt's wife. Correction, she is Matt's pregnant wife. I smiled as she came close and opened her arms for a hug. I hugged her gently only because I was unsure the protocol to embrace your business partner's pregnant wife. She smiled a bit.

"I guess I missed the show, huh?"

"Not really. Leo was pretty resourceful in hiding the good bits," Aubrey responded.

My crimson cheeks did little to calm down by then. It was then I noticed the wine glasses on the table and how they were at less than half. I quickly went to where we stored the wine and grabbed the open bottle to top off the glasses. I then noticed the water pitcher was empty and went to the sink to refill it before cutting a lemon into slices. I threw the lemons in the pitcher and brought it to the table before refilling Shannon's glass. She looked at me and thanked me before I went to the kitchen and started looking for something to put together.

"Leo, sweetheart," my fiancée called.

I looked over at her and saw her smiling.

"I ordered some pizza from Sal's. We're good on food. Did you want to join us at the table? We're just going over some of the legal stuff."

I walked over and pulled up a chair before I remembered I didn't grab myself a glass. I went to the kitchen and grabbed one before sitting down and pouring myself some water.

"What legal stuff?"

Janet looked at me.

"We're making sure your wife-to-be has everything taken care of regarding her late husband's estate. It's also a chance to discuss the possibility of other legal matters as pertaining to your impending nuptials. Luckily, we have plenty of time before we must finalize everything."

It was then that Aubrey, Shannon, my fiancée and I looked at each other. I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Um, Janet. How much time do we need to go through everything to finalize?"

"A few weeks should be sufficient. Why?"

It was then she looked up and saw the look on everyone's faces. She then saw mine.

"Leo, you're not..."

"We're getting married next Saturday. We were going to surprise everyone at our engagement party. We didn't think..."

"Didn't think? Have you even thought about a pre-nup? The insurance ramifications? My God, Leonard, I wish you were not so impulsive."

"Actually, it was my idea. Leo was trying to make it work so that my family could all be at the wedding."

Janet looked at my fiancée and softened a bit. She then looked back at me.

"Matt was right. She did tame the lion. I'm sorry, Leo. I didn't think. I..."

"...was in full legal mode. I get it. No harm done, Janet. We've done the impossible before."

She was back in gear quicker than she could breathe before she pulled another folder out of her briefcase.

"You are lucky I am efficient. Did you get the marriage license?"

"Yes," we all said.

"Official?"

"Yes."

"Who did you get?"

'Mike's father," Aubrey answered.

Janet smiled.

"What about a pre-nup?"

"I don't think we need one," my fiancée said.

Janet looked at her. She smiled again.

"Well, the SSI will not be affected because you are already on Survivor's benefits and your own. Just need to make sure the taxes are done properly."

"Janet?"

"Yes. Leo?"

"Did we invite you yet to the party?"

"I have an invite in my office. Why?"

My fiancée spoke up.

"I would be honored if you attended. Aubrey has already agreed to be my maid of honor. But I would really like you there as well because you've helped me so much in the last few months negotiating all the stuff with Mitchell's paperwork. Will you be there, please?"

Janet looked at me before looking at my fiancée. She started to tear up.

"I've never been invited to an engagement party before let alone a wedding. I'll need ideas what to wear."

"I got you," Aubrey said. "We'll sneak out of work Monday to go shopping. Besides, I'll need help on Saturday getting the bride ready and stuff."

Janet smiled. It was the first time I had ever seen the Ice Queen defrosted. We shared a toast before the pizza arrived. As we were finishing up, everyone started to leave, and I received my first hug from Janet ever. I promised her I wouldn't spill the secret about the hug after she promised not to tell folks about seeing me almost naked. As everyone left, my fiancée wrapped her arm around me.

"I'm sorry I didn't wake you up. It was Aubrey's idea. Something about it reminded her of the college days?"

We kissed before starting to clean up the mess. Six days to go until the wedding/party.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers