All Comments on 'Goodbye Greenpeace'

by Acktion

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Interesting

He wasted his life on enviromental activity. Global warming is going to kill us all in the next hundred years or less. It is not carbon dioxide which is the big killer, but methane. This gas , stored in the oceans and permafrost, is bubbling up into the atmosphere and is many times more potent than carbon dioxide in causing global warming. More and more every day.

What we should do is acccept our fate and love our loves. Cause big money think they will survive just fine when the shit hits the fan. Or we could decorate lamp posts with them and change the world.

Well done story by the way. Thanks.

bgmisfunbgmisfunabout 10 years ago
Good blend of Earth Day theme and erotica

Most of the entries for Earth Day simply give a cursory mention to gardening and environment. This one has some thoughts in it. Well done. The ending about everyone getting cancer is a bit melodramatic. But maybe the author hinted at them having been exposed to too much toxic materials during clean-up? And there is one ambiguity that I like - The couple Michael and Sandra encouraging Cal to take part in the MMF because they don't/cannot have kids of their own? Hence ... ? Interesting.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 10 years ago
Ah environmentalism

For starters the assembly line started long before WWII. remember interchangeable parts, Eli Whitney, 1801? More to the point up to 1970, toxic waste was everywhere. Waste water treatment was minimal or non existent, most rivers were too polluted to swim in, in more urban areas, no dissolved oxygen, no fish at all, The Chemical industry dumped waste in to culverts, and blew chemicals into the air. Look at China today and you can see were we would be had we not established the EPA and recognized that freedom does not mean you can create a toxic mess that will not only poison the land you own for your short lifetime, but poison it for generations, and have it spread to land owned by others.

But that aside, it was a good well written story, with a couple who had a lot more fun in bed that the protagonist ever did before or since. Well done

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

a very sad but good ending the love of his life died but has a daughter from the relationship

robindavisfictionrobindavisfictionabout 10 years ago
Nicely written story

This was a nice blend of environmental fact, mature cynicism about human nature, and creative erotic writing. Thanks for the good read.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 10 years ago
good story: but

Well enough written and evocative thanks. But why "goocdbye" Anne why poßted to LW?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The real story here...

Is about what a complete USER Sandra is! OK, let's think about this: first, she tempts the poor schmuck into abandoning HIS dream of going to college so he can help HER fulfill her environightmare. She marries someone else (but keeps schmuck on the hook anyway), and then as he is about to FINALLY get his shit together again, she gets him to breed her, something that it seems her REAL love can't do. It is ALL about her and what she wants. So she has a daughter using him as an uncredited sperm donor, but then SHE never tells HIM about the child — can't have him share in the joys of parenting, until Sandra finally dies off. Suddenly he has an ADULT daughter who he never had the pleasure of knowing or being with. Sandra is one of the all time selfish bitches ever portrayed on Lit. Of course our hero is a complete idiot from the get-go as well, and probably deserves to be used.

Oh, but I forgot, we're supposed to get teary-eyed because they are all dying of some cancer that they picked up doing their enviro work. Or perhaps it is from the Human papillomavirus (HPV) STD that they were all sharing...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Impressive

You've managed to write something that feels both rushed and boring.

Never seen that before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well done.

I don't understand the negative comments. This was very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Please take the PC crap elsewhere

"Goodbye Greenpeace" is right - even one of its founders believes it has lost its way.

And the writing was OK, but no more than average.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good job!

Much better than the typical earth day story. It's amazing to me how many people just don't get it, and in their ignorance (or fear) decide to take the time to leave meaningless negative comments. I can see the value in negative comments that constructively critique writing style, characterization, plot, or similar aspects of a story, but the schlock comments I've seen here are simply schlock. Too bad, because this story deserves a much higher rating than its current average. I give it 5 stars!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
very jumbled ( but of definite worth )

The author tried to have his literary cake and eat it too. Sometimes it worked and other times ...less so. Sandra was a elusive object of desire, all the more maddening for her attainability. The narrator was frustrating too - so relentlessly morose at the most inappropriate of times. No wonder Sandra opted out of more permanent relationship with his broody tude'.

Yet I can't deny an overiding sympathy for this story's theme and it's characters. This was a noble failure that was of more interest then same old, same old pap that runs rife in this genre from day to day. Kudos to author for challenging status quo. ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Crapola

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Its OK, . . .

Darwin has it all figured out. If you shit in your mess kit, you eat shit and die. Wonder what the succeeding species will be? My guess it will focus more on survival and reproduction, not politics.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreover 4 years ago
Pretty silly propaganda

If you actually have concerns over hydrocarbon- why the fight over nuclear energy?

Watermelons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bitter story, unsympathetic side characters. The hilarious tag redeems it completely though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAcktion@Acktion
79 Followers
Old enough to know better and young enough to say "what the fuck" and do it anyway. After a brief hiatus due to health concerns, back to try to see if I can learn how to set these combinations of fantasy and memory to print. While some works touch on memory perhaps more than...

story TAGS